PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costumes

*BaseClogger*
09-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Maybe it's a little early, but I'm already starting to think about a Halloween costume. What are some of the best Halloween costumes you have ever seen and do you have any funny stories?

RedFanAlways1966
09-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I see that you live in Oxford. There is a college that is the arch-rival in sports to that college in Oxford. That college is known for the Halloween celebration. If you want to see "creative" costumes, head to Athens for the party. A couple of the best that I saw in the 4 years I spent there (and that I can remember)...

* The Brady Bunch. Yes, it took 9 people to pull it off. 5 females and 4 males. They sat on the Athens County courthouse steps, made themselves to look like each Brady and sang the Brady theme song for hours. Three steps with three people on each step lined up just like the Bradys. Alice, who sat in the middle and wore the blue maid dress, had a black cover over her and pulled it off each time they reached the end of the song.

* A guy who dressed as something men have and women do not have as a part of the physical makeup... included a fire extinguisher inside the costume that was used for effect. Not for most Halloween parties, but a real gem for the Athens celebration.

jmcclain19
09-25-2008, 02:06 AM
Last year I took our Chihuahua mix - and found a lobster costume for dogs at Target, bought myself a big white apron and a large chef's hat from the cooking store, and put my dog in the pot and carried him around.

It was a big hit.

Two of my favorites were from last year's Halloween party. One woman dressed up as Kathy Lee Gifford, complete with toddlers pinned to her shorts. Another guy was the Crocodile Hunter, complete with a manta ray fin coming out of his chest.

That party has a theme every year, and this year is Evil Disney, I'm seriously looking forward to it yet can't think of who I want to be.

*BaseClogger*
09-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Another guy was the Crocodile Hunter, complete with a manta ray fin coming out of his chest.

Did he know they did that in South Park?

Patrick Bateman
09-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Did he know they did that in South Park?

A girl I know successfully pulled off Awesome-O.

Thought you would appreciate that. It was actually scarily accurate.

*BaseClogger*
09-25-2008, 03:29 AM
A girl I know successfully pulled off Awesome-O.

Thought you would appreciate that. It was actually scarily accurate.

Haha I would love to do a South Park themed costume, but I don't know too many girls who watch South Park... :D

justincredible
09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I think I am going as Quail Man this year.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d142/NDLax27/image_2_quailman.jpg

gm
09-25-2008, 06:11 PM
That party has a theme every year, and this year is Evil Disney, I'm seriously looking forward to it yet can't think of who I want to be.

You could go as the entire cast of High School Musical?

Matt700wlw
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
A girl I know wants to be a belly dancer for the Halloween party...

I'm encouraging the move. :)

SandyD
09-27-2008, 11:06 AM
some friends and I tried to start an annual "themed" costume halloween "ball."

The first one, and the best, was the "Ball at the End of the Universe." Most people went as your basic "hitchhiker" in a bath robe, carrying a towel, etc. But it was fun.

The next year was a Vampire Ball, didn't go over as well. After that, some of the people moved, or moved on to other things. It became too hard to organize.

thatcoolguy_22
09-27-2008, 05:33 PM
2 years ago I went as Mark Spitz olympic swimmer

My costume consisted of 7 gold medals, a swim cap, goggles, flip flops, and a speedo. That was it. It was cold for a minute but it got a good laugh. About an hour later I threw on a pair of sweats and a tshirt, but i was more than willing to show off the costume when prodded and it worked as a great distractor for beer pong

mound_patrol
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm going as Forrest Gump this year. The best costume I've ever seen was a guy who did Wheres Waldo? Was a perfect resemblance.

Johnny Footstool
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
I went as Exposo the Clown one year.

You don't want to know.

Hoosier Red
09-30-2008, 01:02 PM
I went as Exposo the Clown one year.

You don't want to know.

The company that hired you to go to the kids party didn't invite you back either?

Johnny Footstool
09-30-2008, 01:03 PM
The company that hired you to go to the kids party didn't invite you back either?

I wasn't hired. I just kind of showed up.

cincyinco
10-01-2008, 04:20 AM
My wife, a few friends and I did the gang from clock work orange a few years ago, won several contests around town. My wife was "Alex".

This year I plan on trying to get together a like costume of Tyrone biggums from the Dave chappel show. Walk around scratchin my neck asking where the free 5 o'clock crack give away is.

Scrap Irony
10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I ran over a white T-shirt and pair of blue jeans once and went as a skid mark. (No, not that kind.)

Also, two friends and I dressed up as an Oreo one year.

That was cool.

*BaseClogger*
10-29-2009, 02:56 AM
bump

Razor Shines
10-29-2009, 03:26 AM
I saw a full Jackie Moon costume complete with afro that I think I am going to get.

10-29-2009, 08:49 AM
I want to make a big Mylar balloon spaceship and attach a likeness of a small boy to it. I'd take it around with my family and we would be th "Balloon Family" that's been in the news.

redsmetz
10-29-2009, 09:32 AM
My wife was great at coming up with costumes for our kids when they were growing up. At times, finances were tight and she was very creative. We never bought a costume, although we did purchase some pieces for those she crafted. And we had a few hand me downs from older cousins or neighbors, which then were sent off to some other younger kid in the family or neighborhood.

Some of the best:

Our oldest daughter went as a Recycling Bin, using a box which reams of paper come in, painted it green with the recyling symbol on it, pop bottles, milk jugs and newspapers glued on the inside. Another year, she was a picnic; a plastic table cloth with paper plates, utensils and plastic ants glued to it. She and her friend went as money. We took some cash and made a photocopy of portions of it (front and back) and kept magnifying each segment and then glued them to some posterboard, colored them and they were the cash.

She was great at putting together costumes from dress ups the kids had. My son was a doctor, a musketeer and, in a gutsy pre-teen move, went as a McAuley girl wearing a wig and his sister's school uniform. That photo came out when he graduated from the boys high school he attended! On a sad note, he went as a hippie and when he got home, he'd lost the McGovern Shriver pin from the 1972 election. Now a PoliSci major at OSU, he occasionally still apolgizes for that.

camisadelgolf
10-29-2009, 07:28 PM
She and her friend went as money. We took some cash and made a photocopy of portions of it (front and back) and kept magnifying each segment and then glued them to some posterboard, colored them and they were the cash.
This is illegal, and I'll be calling the proper authorities shortly. Additionally, I just reported your post and recommended you for a ban.

BuckeyeRed27
10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
This is illegal, and I'll be calling the proper authorities shortly. Additionally, I just reported your post and recommended you for a ban.

Uhh what?

camisadelgolf
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Uhh what?
My humor's a little dry. ;)

Yachtzee
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Last year, my 6 year old went as Albert Einstein, with a crazy gray wig, a lab coat and a folder that said E=mc squared on it.

redsmetz
10-29-2009, 11:21 PM

:) I think lack of evidence and statute of limitations ought to keep me out of any hoosegow.

*BaseClogger*
10-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Deciding on a costume was really hard tonight, especially from my dorm room thinking about how to compain on RedsZone. I ended up going with being basically the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air or a 90s tourist, however you want to view it. I hope people get it, because I spent most of my time coming up with it in the dorm room thinking about how to cause problems on RedsZone...

Brutus
10-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Deciding on a costume was really hard tonight, especially from my dorm room thinking about how to compain on RedsZone. I ended up going with being basically the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air or a 90s tourist, however you want to view it. I hope people get it, because I spent most of my time coming up with it in the dorm room thinking about how to cause problems on RedsZone...

OK, I sort of laughed out loud.

You should go with a toga. It's cliche but it's always a good college fallback costume when all else fails.

Patrick Bateman
10-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Get an axe and a suit.

Voila, you've got Patrick Bateman.

Tony_Danza
10-30-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm going as Billy Mays. Before you lash out at me for being insensitive, I just want to let everyone know that I have been a huge fan of Billy for years and decided I was going to be him some time ago.... as in last November.

Anyone else need some ideas? Tony Danza has always been fairly popular on Halloween.

Caveat Emperor
10-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Get an axe and a suit.

Voila, you've got Patrick Bateman.

I'm thinknig about a suit, some wings, and a mask and going as Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

Roy Tucker
10-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Go as a pig with wings. Swine flu.

The Operator
10-30-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm lazy.

Remember "Three Hole Punch Jim" from Season 2 or 3 (I forget) of The Office? Yea, that's what I'm doing this year. Three pieces of construction paper and some tape, and it's done. I'm hoping a few people will get it.

http://www.confessions123.com/blog/3holejim.JPG

Tony_Danza
10-31-2009, 04:09 AM
I'm lazy.

Remember "Three Hole Punch Jim" from Season 2 or 3 (I forget) of The Office? Yea, that's what I'm doing this year. Three pieces of construction paper and some tape, and it's done. I'm hoping a few people will get it.

http://www.confessions123.com/blog/3holejim.JPG

This is Tony Danza calling you lazy: "youre fudging lazy"

Highlifeman21
10-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Saw a dude at the bar last night in a white wig, and a suit hitting on the nastiest girls.

My buddy went up to him and asked him his costume, the dude in the suit replied: "I'm Steve Phillips".

I'm really glad I decided not to go to that bar as Barney Stinson last night. The bar, apparently, could only handle one man suited up.

RedsManRick
10-31-2009, 12:10 PM
I'll be going out tonight as Bob Ross, of PBS' Joy of Painting fame. There will be happy little trees abound...

Roy Tucker
10-31-2009, 02:34 PM
My wife said she knows a couple where the wife will be dressed as a brick and the husband as a brick layer.

<trombone>

Brutus
10-31-2009, 03:40 PM
I'll be going out tonight as Bob Ross, of PBS' Joy of Painting fame. There will be happy little trees abound...

Dude! You will be my dad's hero. He loves himself some Bob Ross.