PDA

View Full Version : Reds 2008 Instructional League Roster

OnBaseMachine
09-30-2008, 08:28 PM
CINCINNATI REDS

Pitchers: Jesus Adames, Ramon Almonte, Leonardo Astorga, Andrew Bowman, Oscar Castro, Tyler Cline, Carlos Contreras, Jerry Gil, Aguido Gonzalez, Mike Henry, Evan Hildenbrandt, Jeremy Horst, Ezequiel Infante, Porfirio Martinez, Curtis Partch, Hector Santana, Zach Stewart, Juan Sulbaran, Mace Thurman, Terrell Young

Catchers: Jason Bour, Kevin Coddington, Kyle Day, Devin Mesoraco, Jordan Wideman

Infielders: Yonder Alonso, Alex Buchholz, Mariekson Gregorius, Jake Kahaulelio, Yen-Wen Kuo, Mauricio Pimental, Anyelo Polanco, Brodie Pullen, Miguel Rodriguez, Miguel Rojas, Neftali Soto, Brandon Waring

Outfielders: Theodis Bowe, Tony Brown, Juan Duran, Carter Morrison, Justin Reed, Yorman Rodriguez, Dave Sappelt, Byron Wiley

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=1719#more-1719

OnBaseMachine
09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Anyelo Polanco must be a 2008 signee. His name doesn't show up anywhere in the milb.com database.

lollipopcurve
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Surprising that Junior Arias is not there.

OnBaseMachine
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by his absence especially with Duran and Yorman on there.

TOBTTReds
09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I believe Yonder is just there for a week.

bubbachunk
09-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Will we get to hear anything about how these prospects look during their time there? I have not payed attention much to the minor league side of things in the past as I am now.

Mario-Rijo
10-01-2008, 06:10 AM

Perhaps his real name is Anyelo Polanco.... ;)

Mario-Rijo
10-01-2008, 06:13 AM
CINCINNATI REDS

Pitchers: Jesus Adames, Ramon Almonte, Leonardo Astorga, Andrew Bowman, Oscar Castro, Tyler Cline, Carlos Contreras, Jerry Gil, Aguido Gonzalez, Mike Henry, Evan Hildenbrandt, Jeremy Horst, Ezequiel Infante, Porfirio Martinez, Curtis Partch, Hector Santana, Zach Stewart, Juan Sulbaran, Mace Thurman, Terrell Young

Catchers: Jason Bour, Kevin Coddington, Kyle Day, Devin Mesoraco, Jordan Wideman

Infielders: Yonder Alonso, Alex Buchholz, Mariekson Gregorius, Jake Kahaulelio, Yen-Wen Kuo, Mauricio Pimental, Anyelo Polanco, Brodie Pullen, Miguel Rodriguez, Miguel Rojas, Neftali Soto, Brandon Waring

Outfielders: Theodis Bowe, Tony Brown, Juan Duran, Carter Morrison, Justin Reed, Yorman Rodriguez, Dave Sappelt, Byron Wiley

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=1719#more-1719

I like seeing these names getting some added attention. I am especially excited that Yen-Wen Kuo is thought well enough of to be considered for further instruction. My guess is they wouldn't bother if it wouldn't really help his chances any, but I could be wrong I guess. Then again I see Miguel Rojas is listed so I take that back.

BTW Theodis Bowe is one sweet name isn't it, he sounds like a star linebacker.

lollipopcurve
10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I like seeing these names getting some added attention.

I wouldn't ignore Byron Wiley. After a slow start in which he wasn't getting much playing time, he tore up the Pioneer League.

nemesis
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
One name that is suspiciously absent is Shea Snowden. I saw he was suspened. Anything ever come out why?

chicoruiz
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Wow, Jerry Gil will feel like Methuselah with that group. Maybe in the evenings he can tell them stories of the old days around the campfire...

JaxRed
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Gil pitches to Duran......

"Is that all you got old timer?"

corkedbat
10-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Not a big deal, but I expected Cody Puckett to be there too.

Mario-Rijo
10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Wow, Jerry Gil will feel like Methuselah with that group. Maybe in the evenings he can tell them stories of the old days around the campfire...

Pretty much what I thought also when I seen him mixed in there. He might get to share his cup a joe he had with the fellas to wet their appetite for moving up quickly.

icehole3
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't ignore Byron Wiley. After a slow start in which he wasn't getting much playing time, he tore up the Pioneer League.

saw one of Wiley's games on FoxSports, the guy is built like a Linebacker and can fly. He hit a homer in the game I saw, it was to dead centerfield it looked like he was reaching out for an outside pitch

lollipopcurve
10-01-2008, 05:48 PM
saw one of Wiley's games on FoxSports, the guy is built like a Linebacker and can fly. He hit a homer in the game I saw, it was to dead centerfield it looked like he was reaching out for an outside pitch

yeah

he was really interesting to watch in the box scores -- he stunk early, wasn't playing -- then once Means left he started to get time, and just about every hit was for extra bases, but he was striking out a ton -- then in the latter part of the year he started taking walks -- the Ks and EBHs still came in droves, but he was getting on base a lot, too -- overall, you could really see his learning curve rise, almost week to week

the word on him at Kansas State was that he got draftitis in his junior year and choked -- but his numbers in his sophomore year were outstanding, and he had a little hype at the time -- to me right now he's the most intriguing of the young collegiate OF quartet that includes Sappelt/Means/Brown -- but all those guys are still on the prospect map, in my opinion

JaxRed
10-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Found a post on another board - DOn't know how he got it but:

2008 CINCINNATI REDS INSTRUCTIONAL LEAGUE SCHEDULE

Fri.Sept26Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Sat.Sept27Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Sun.Sept28OFF DAY
Mon.Sept29Cincinnati @ BOSTON
Tues.Sept30Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Wed.Oct1Cincinnati @ MINNESOTA
Thurs.Oct 2Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Fri.Oct3Cincinnati @ MINNESOTA
Sat.Oct4Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Sun.Oct5OFF DAY
Mon.Oct 6Boston @ CINCINNATI
Tues.Oct7Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Wed.Oct8Minnesota @ CINCINNATI
Thurs.Oct9Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Fri.Oct10Minnesota @ CINCINNATI
Sat.Oct11Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Sun.Oct12OFF DAY
Mon.Oct13Cincinnati @ MINNESOTA
Tues.Oct14CAMP DAY
Wed.Oct15Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Thurs.Oct16BREAK CAMP

whodeynati85
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Ive always liked Terrell Young ever since we drafted him in 05 I believe. He put up some solid numbers in Sarasota this year, does anybody think he could end up helping us in the bigs in a couple years?

dougdirt
10-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Found a post on another board - DOn't know how he got it but:

2008 CINCINNATI REDS INSTRUCTIONAL LEAGUE SCHEDULE

Fri.Sept26Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Sat.Sept27Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Sun.Sept28OFF DAY
Mon.Sept29Cincinnati @ BOSTON
Tues.Sept30Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Wed.Oct1Cincinnati @ MINNESOTA
Thurs.Oct 2Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Fri.Oct3Cincinnati @ MINNESOTA
Sat.Oct4Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Sun.Oct5OFF DAY
Mon.Oct 6Boston @ CINCINNATI
Tues.Oct7Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Wed.Oct8Minnesota @ CINCINNATI
Thurs.Oct9Cincinnati @ BALTIMORE
Fri.Oct10Minnesota @ CINCINNATI
Sat.Oct11Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Sun.Oct12OFF DAY
Mon.Oct13Cincinnati @ MINNESOTA
Tues.Oct14CAMP DAY
Wed.Oct15Baltimore @ CINCINNATI
Thurs.Oct16BREAK CAMP
Not sure where he got it from, but if he got it from the same guy I got it from, or if its from the guy I got it from, he got it from a guy that works for the Sarasota Reds.

JaxRed
10-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Didn't know you had it. I'm going to try and go down there this week. Last chance

TheOnlyRedsFan
10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
are these games viewable anywhere or anywhere to read up on their stats and such?

dougdirt
10-04-2008, 06:52 PM
are these games viewable anywhere or anywhere to read up on their stats and such?

You can watch them at the stadium. No stats or anything unless you know someone down there.

Topcat
10-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Pretty much what I thought also when I seen him mixed in there. He might get to share his cup a joe he had with the fellas to wet their appetite for moving up quickly.

Maybe Gil's going to try Pitching ?:confused: Kid is supposed to have serious arm (Heat)

JaxRed
10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Gil was switched to pitcher several months ago

OnBaseMachine
10-13-2008, 12:56 PM

Baseball America revealed today that Arias had surgery on his elbow and is currently rehabbing. That explains why he was left off the Instructional League roster.