PDA

View Full Version : College Game Day Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

GAC
10-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Any game at all. ;)

Officials are at it again....

Penn State just got a lucky break down on Purdue's goal line. They get stuffed trying to punch the ball in, and the refs run in and say the officials upstairs had the whistle blown prior to the snap in order to review the previous play, thus giving PS another crack at a TD - which they then got.

Michigan State-Iowa..... MS just got a nice Pass Int call in the endzone. Sure looked like the defender had position too and was looking back. Should have been a no call IMO.

Anyone interested in chatting tonight's OSU-Wisconsin game?

LoganBuck
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Daryl Clark runs with his head up too often. He exposes himself to the big hit way too often. He will get knocked out before the end of the season. What was Joe Paterno thinking using Anthony Morelli, the last few years? It is essentially the same difference as Todd Boeckman versus Terrele Pryor.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Kirk Ferentz's fall to the unemployment line has picked up a ton of steam today. What an awfully coached football game this has been for Iowa.

GAC
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I can't believe that Iowa passed up on the chance to tie the game with a late 38 yd FG attempt.

I'm glad they didn't though, because I picked MSU on the other thread.

And that Illinois-Michigan game got ugly.... 45-20

Michigan is young and going to have to go through their growing pains while Rodriguez tries to get the players there to complement his offensive scheme.

And how about Pitt over S. Florida! Is that an upset? ;)

GAC
10-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Chat is open for the OSU game, in case anyone is interested.

GAC
10-04-2008, 08:13 PM
OSU just made it look easy on that opening drive, led by Pryor and Beanie. Wow!

7-0 Bucks

guttle11
10-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Made it look too easy. Beanie was toying with them.

Don't let up.

GAC
10-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Pryor throws an INT; but the Badgers can't move the ball, so it's another three and out.

GAC
10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Oregon up on USC 7-3 in the 1st quarter.

GAC
10-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Wisconsin's defense lets loose with a couple blitzes, sacks Pryor big time and forces the punt.

OSU's O-line is very suspect IMO. And I don't understand why the RBs didn't read that blitz, saw it was coming, and stay back and try to protect their QB.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Tough to blame the O-line on that third down. I put blame on Pryor to be honest. Freshmen mistake. When you see that either check the RBs to a blocking pattern or call timeout and regroup.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
This guy for Wisconsin needs to be thrown out of the game. He's doing nothing but trying to knock OSU guys out. That's not football.

Wisconsin is just dominating the line of scrimmage right now. It's amazing how much the OSU line play has declined the last couple years. It's not just "big" games they struggle. It's almost every week.

GAC
10-04-2008, 09:16 PM
OSU has got to start playing physical with these guys! Geez! Someone needs to get these guys fired back up.

The momentum has shifted.

GAC
10-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Sure looked like interference on Robeskie to me on that play.

GAC
10-04-2008, 09:22 PM
67 yd punt by Trapasso! Wow! He nailed that!

GAC
10-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Does OSU even have a pass defense? Really soft coverage IMO.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 09:26 PM
What a meltdown this half has been after the scripted first drive. Bengals like.

Pryor is not playing well and the rest of the team is playing soft.

GAC
10-04-2008, 09:26 PM
My Gawd! C'mon OSU. Your secondary is really stinkin' up the place allowing completions like that with only 12 seconds on the clock.

10-7 Wisconsin at the half.

Somebody better wake these guys up in that locker room. ;)

MWM
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Beanie Wells is so freaking good. If OSU had any kind of line, he'd run for 2,000 yards.

GAC
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Geez! Thank God the Badger receivers are dropping the ball, because they are wide open anywhere and everywhere in the secondary.

Beanie just breaks it down field for 54 yds to around the Badger 30.

C'mon Bucks! Get physical with these guys!

MWM
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Beanie Wells is so freaking good. If OSU had any kind of line, he'd run for 2,000 yards.

Or if it wasn't obvious when they were going to run off tackl.e most of the time. I swear, OSU's offensive coaching is awful

GAC
10-04-2008, 09:59 PM
122 total yards for the Bucks in the first half, and a majority of that came in that first drive. Those two turnovers didn't help either. Especially when they were moving the ball at the time.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:01 PM
For OSU to win this game, like last year, Beanie has to instrumental.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Inside the Wisconsin 5 yd line and 1st and goal for the Bucks, and their offensive play calling is sooooo predictable. They're broadcasting what they are going to do to Wisconsin...... play it safe, run it up the middle, and kick the tying FG.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:07 PM
FG tie game

LoganBuck
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM
That late hit personal foul call was questionable in my mind.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey! We just registered a sack!!!!

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:14 PM
That late hit personal foul call was questionable in my mind.

It was bunk, IMO. But refs make that call all the time because of the crowd. When he actually hit the guy he was barely going out of bounds. The defender was going almost completely sideways meaning when he hit the guy, he was going to go out by a few yards. That's what the refs respond to. But I see that call make all the time in college football.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Geez, what an ugly play. Watching growing pains can be painful at times.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
What kind of BS play was that with Maurice Wells? Geez!

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Tressel! Do we have any other offensive weapons on this team other then Wells and Pryor?

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey Tressel! Do we have any other offensive weapons on this team other then Wells and Pryor?

With Herron out...not really. A bunch of guys that can make plays when open, but can't really get themselves open.

We need a big return from Small at some point to secure a lead, IMO. Not necessarily a TD, but something that changes field position.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Nice sack. Wisconsin has to punt.

Nice to see OSU bring the pressure and collapse that pocket.

guttle11
Or a few Beanie stiff arms could do the trick. Wow.

GAC
Beanie at 146 yds so far.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:28 PM
With Herron out...not really. A bunch of guys that can make plays when open, but can't really get themselves open.

We're missing guys like Jenkins, Gonzalez,and Ginn who were break away threats.

But a lot of it is Tressel too.

We need a big return from Small at some point to secure a lead, IMO. Not necessarily a TD, but something that changes field position.

I agree. Field position is going to be critical in this game.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Lets start this 4th quarter with a nice drive and score.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
OSU is going to get slaughtered by Penn State. That team is legit.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Mizz beating the crap out of Nebraska 31-6 at halftime.

Is Vandy for real? They held on and beat Auburn.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Beanie Wells is the best back OSU has had in my lifetime, and that includes Eddie George.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Wow, Ray Small is disappointing. I had high hopes for him, but he's just never been all the way there upstairs.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Small makes a boo-boo.

Here comes the FG unit.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Nice drive with a bit of a letdown ending. At least the FG gets a lead. Get a stop and make me look good on the punt return call.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:35 PM
OSU is going to get slaughtered by Penn State. That team is legit.

I'm thinking about going over for that game and tailgate.

I don't think they'll get slaugtered. I wasn't too impressed with their win over Purdue today.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Wow, Ray Small is disappointing. I had high hopes for him, but he's just never been all the way there upstairs.

No kidding. I can't imagine Posey's not a better option as the 3rd/4th receiver. Small should only see the field as a returner. Very weak WR.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm surprised at how easily Wisconsin is running th ball on OSU. They're running in the same gap every time off the right tackle.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
My Gawd! Look at the size of those holes! Geez!

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:42 PM
TD Wisconsin. 17-13

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Weak, weak defensive line. OSU needs their own Mount Cody.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:44 PM
They had to review that?

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, no choice but to spread them out and put the game in the gashed and taped right hand of a true freshman.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Time to face the fact that this OSU team just isn't that good. I'm totally OK with that. Sometimes you need a year without the lofty expectations where you focus on learning and development of young players.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Time to face the fact that this OSU team just isn't that good. I'm totally OK with that. Sometimes you need a year without the lofty expectations where you focus on learning and development of young players.

And sometimes you need a down year to expose the true problem. It ain't speed or athleticism. It's the lack of a dominant line. It started out as a snowball against the SEC teams...and it's now a full blown avalanche. OSU is as bad on the O and D lines as I can ever remember. I don't even think the Bellasari led team in Cooper's last year was this bad up front.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Team looks lethargic. Why can't receivers catch easy passes?

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:49 PM
I don't think anyone in the stadium or watching on TV didn't know that handoff to Beanie was coing.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:50 PM

Oh I thoroughly agree.

I just hate to lose. ;)

But there is still plenty of time left in this one.

Hartline for the 1st down out to the 43

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Get in the spread and throw the ball. Wisconsin can't cover it. Not even against OSU's receivers.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Good lord, get Hartline out fo the game. His head is somewhere else.

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Wow. Way to be there Robiskie. Wow.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Throw it away! Don't take the sack!

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Pryor is really making some nice plays right now, which is GREAT to see.

And it looks like he can't throw either with the injury to his hand. Very good sign.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:55 PM
TD!!!!!!

guttle11
10-04-2008, 10:55 PM
YES!!!!

What a poised drive (with some luck). Great option run by TP to cap it off.

Step up defense.

MWM
10-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow! What a brilliant move by Pryor.

I know it's premature and I'm going to be very tempered in my optimism, but we might be seeing the coronation of Pryor. If that guy comtinues to gain confidence in his ability to throw the ball, he could be special. He's got every bit as much talent as Vince Young had at that age.

GAC
10-04-2008, 10:57 PM
OK. It's 20-17, and Wisconsin is gonna get the ball with under a minute to go.

What defensive scheme do you go with since Wisconsin has only 1 time out? ;)

GAC
10-04-2008, 11:00 PM
To be able to go up there, especially with a freshman QB, and win at Wisconsin, is a HUGE accomplishment IMO.

GAC
10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
INT Jenkins

GAME OVER!!!!!

guttle11
10-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Good day to be #2 in scarlet and gray.

Whew. OSU stole one tonight. It was ugly, but it wasn't a loss. The D line was atrocious.

HeatherC1212
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I think this is the first time I've relaxed all evening thanks to this stressful game! :eek: Wow, I wasn't sure if the Buckeyes were going to pull this one off or not but I'm THRILLED that they finally did! :D Pryor is still having some growing pains but to go on the road and get a conference win against a tough foe has to be huge for his confidence. I think this team is going to keep getting better as Terrelle gets more reps and they all get more experience together. IIRC, there are other young guys on the team who are still learning too. Go Bucks!! :)

*BaseClogger*
10-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Is Vandy for real? They held on and beat Auburn.

After watching them in person, yes, yes they are. Great team speed, they fly to the ball and make plays. And they won today without their best offensive player, Chris Nickson!

*BaseClogger*
10-05-2008, 12:07 AM
There is some criticism in this thread of the OSU defensive backs, and I didn't see it that way IMO. As others said, the problem is the defensive line, not just on running plays, but the pass rush. The opposing QB has six seconds to throw the ball, just no pressure. I think the difference right now between Ohio State and those SEC teams is the defensive line. There are no physical presences in the middle or speed rushers on the outside of this line. And have you ever known two tOSU players as overrated as Alex Boone and James Laurenaitis?

guttle11
10-05-2008, 12:10 AM
After watching them in person, yes, yes they are. Great team speed, they fly to the ball and make plays. And they won today without their best offensive player, Chris Nickson!

I don't know about Vandy. Last in offense and last in defense in their conference. Auburn's offense is absolutely terrible. They're good, but not that good. That turnover margin will probably trend back to the norm the rest of the season. Georgia and Florida should take them out rather handily. They'll probably split with Kentucky and Tennessee.

8-4 is where I have them, give or take a win.

guttle11
10-05-2008, 12:15 AM
There is some criticism in this thread of the OSU defensive backs, and I didn't see it that way IMO. As others said, the problem is the defensive line, not just on running plays, but the pass rush. The opposing QB has six seconds to throw the ball, just no pressure. I think the difference right now between Ohio State and those SEC teams is the defensive line. There are no physical presences in the middle or speed rushers on the outside of this line. And have you ever known two tOSU players as overrated as Alex Boone and James Laurenaitis?

You can't blame the defensive line and call Laurinaitis overrated in the same post. That's not how defense works. The best LBs in the world aren't making big plays if the D line isn't sucking up blockers and/or making the QB throw early. Animal is as talented as any LB in the country. He's legit.

*BaseClogger*
10-05-2008, 12:19 AM
You can't blame the defensive line and call Laurinaitis overrated in the same post. That's not how defense works. The best LBs in the world aren't making big plays if the D line isn't sucking up blockers and/or making the QB throw early. Animal is as talented as any LB in the country. He's legit.

I wasn't specifically calling Laurinaitis overrated because of this game, but you are right, he doesn't make plays without the defensive line, which is kind of my point. I still think he fails to show up in big games, and I think there are linebackers who can make some plays with this bunch in front of them...

MWM
10-05-2008, 05:48 AM

Maybe, but Auburn has been incredibly over-rated for years.

LoganBuck
10-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Geez, what an ugly play. Watching growing pains can be painful at times.

Quote of the thread. It can be painful, but man that true freshman playing quarterback, has some ability doesn't he?

GAC
10-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Quote of the thread. It can be painful, but man that true freshman playing quarterback, has some ability doesn't he?

I look at it this way.... his mobility kept us in the game and helped us to win it.

If Boeckman had been in there, it would have been a completely different story.

bucksfan2
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
OSU fans wanted Pryor and they got him. Games like these are to be expected with a freshman QB. That said winning a night game at Camp Randell is a pretty good feat, especially against a decent Wisconsin team.

My take on the OSU D is they aren't imaginative enough. The D coordinator needs to be replaced. They don't have the D Line, especially DT talent to just rush 4 and get things done. They need more blitzes, more pressure on the QB. Laurainitis is one heck of a LB but without pressure from the front 4 his job becomes tougher. The Wisc QB had all the time in the world to throw the ball. I HATE when OSU just drops into a zone and you see Laruainitis and Freeman 10+ yards down the field.

Unassisted
10-05-2008, 06:07 PM
And have you ever known two tOSU players as overrated as Alex Boone and James Laurenaitis?I was stuck listening to the Wisconsin radio announcers as my only access to the game last night. They were very impressed with Laurinaitis and his play. At one point, they said something to the effect that they almost didn't need to bother to look at who was making stops when Ohio State was on defense, they could call the stop for Laurinaitis and be right most of the time. That's respect!

bucksfan
10-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I was jumping around in my living room for the first time in quite a while (during a Buckeye game anyways!). While certainly Pryor held onto the ball too long several times, the combination of skill he did display, as well as the guts and poise to lead the team on that last drive just impressed the heck out of me. And it was great to see Beanie run like he does - love that stiff arm! I thought the D-line let us down some again. I cannot fault the DBs because so many times Wisky QB seemed to have all day on several occasions. Trapasso's punting was wonderful and flipped the field several times. But I have not re-watched the game as I forgt to set the DVR. People can call it "ugly" or whatever they want, but I truly enjoyed the game (without a doubt I enjoyed it tons more because of the outcome!) and am looking forward to the next one!

GAC
10-06-2008, 08:05 PM
I thought the D-line let us down some again. I cannot fault the DBs because so many times Wisky QB seemed to have all day on several occasions.

That may be true but I'm sick of the this zone defense that Tressell is allowing his defensive coordinator to consistently throw out there. When they play Illinois, Juice may very well pick them apart again, and they'll again make this guy look like Vince Young.

OnBaseMachine
10-11-2008, 01:10 PM
College refs are a joke. Benn from Illinois just fumbled inside his own 20 yard line but the refs ruled he made an invalid fair catch signal. Terrible call IMO. Minnesota really got ripped off.

OnBaseMachine
10-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Toledo leads Michigan 13-10 with 11:46 remaining.

Texas/Oklahoma has lived up to the hype so far. Texas leads Oklahoma 30-28 with a minute remaining in the third quarter.

GAC
10-11-2008, 02:51 PM
That was one helluva acting job by the Sooner punter to get the roughing call! :lol:

Heck of a S. Carolina-Ky game going on.

Gophers beating Illinois, but they are trying to come back. I knew that game was gonna screw me! :lol:

Texas- Oklahoma.... the road team has won 5 of the last 8.

guttle11
10-11-2008, 02:54 PM
That was one helluva acting job by the Sooner punter to get the roughing call! :lol:

Tuned into the Red River game and an Italy/France soccer match broke out.

GAC
10-11-2008, 02:59 PM
To bad the Gamecocks don't have a FG kicker today. He has missed 3 so far.

OnBaseMachine
10-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Toledo beats Michigan 13-10. Holy cow. Will Rich Rodriguez last more than one season?

Highlifeman21
10-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Even though the officiating in the Red River Shootout has been horrible, this has been a great game.

GAC
10-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Toledo beats Michigan 13-10. Holy cow. Will Rich Rodriguez last more than one season?

Geez! That nails everyone on the Big 10 thread! :lol:

And the Golden Gophers beat Illinois! I knew I shouldn't have changed my pick on that one. Damn! :cool:

Gamecocks just score a TD and take the lead over Ky.

OnBaseMachine
10-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Texas leads Oklahoma 45-35 with just over three minutes left. Go Texas!

guttle11
10-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Even though the officiating in the Red River Shootout has been horrible, this has been a great game.

It has been. But I'm not sure either of these teams has the defense to hang with the SEC top dogs or USC.

Spring~Fields
10-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Geez! That nails everyone on the Big 10 thread! :lol:

And the Golden Gophers beat Illinois! I knew I shouldn't have changed my pick on that one. Damn! :cool:

Gamecocks just score a TD and take the lead over Ky.

I am going to start flipping a coin on those weak teams in the Big One little Eleven er um Big Ten. Even their stats mean very little considering the weak teams that they accomplish them against skews the ability to analyse them.

OnBaseMachine
10-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Texas wins 45-35.

OnBaseMachine
10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
#17 Oklahoma State upset #3 Missouri on the road. Very impressive win by OK State. They are very tough this year. They play undefeated Texas in two weeks.

guttle11
10-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Man, the first 7 minutes of this game have been vintage Tresselball. Start in poor field position, get some of it back, hold the opponent to a 3 and out, get good field position out of it, and drive to a score.

Hey, if they're going to play it, it may as well work. Great to set the tone. MSU was all amped up, treating this like the Rose Bowl or something. Now we'll see how they respond to adversity.

GAC
10-18-2008, 03:49 PM
OSU finally scores an offensive TD.

I picked MSU to win this game since it's in East Lansing.

guttle11
10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
MSU fumbles on what would have been a first down. OSU recovers and runs it back to the 17.

Nice.

GAC
10-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Chop block negates an OSU TD.

Pryor is such a deceptive runner for a kid 6' 6".

guttle11
10-18-2008, 03:59 PM
TD pass to Robiskie on third and goal. Shocking.

Crucial TD. Put some doubt in MSU's mind. Then put the game away.

guttle11
10-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Who's wearing OSU's jerseys today?

What a great catch and run by Hartline to the 1. Beanie takes it in on the next play.

21-0.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:09 PM
OSU playing like my Browns on MNF! :lol:

guttle11
10-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh, Ray Small...

Thank goodness Spittler happened to fall on the football.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:15 PM
How can two MSU players not fall on that fumble? Geez!

Spring~Fields
10-18-2008, 04:15 PM
OSU playing like my Browns on MNF! :lol:

GAC are you watching the game on ABC or ESPN 2 ? Dishnet I was watching on ESPN 2 and then they blocked me out just before the scoring started.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:17 PM
End of 1st quarter. 185 yds for OSU, and a 21-0 lead.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:18 PM
GAC are you watching the game on ABC or ESPN 2 ? Dishnet I was watching on ESPN 2 and then they blocked me out just before the scoring started.

WKEF Dayton 22 (Directv)

Spring~Fields
10-18-2008, 04:21 PM
WKEF Dayton 22 (Directv)

Ok thanks Greg.

I just wanted to check if it was on locals only or ESPN also in Ohio.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Penn State-Michigan just starting. If Paterno can continue to manage from the booth, he can coach till he's 100! :lol:

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:29 PM
MSU is intentionally doing this to keep me from going 5-0 in this weeks BIg 10 schedule.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:37 PM
I guess Tressel doesn't want to kick any FGs today! 77 yds in 0 plays, and Beanie is one bruising runner.

27-0 Bucks

Spring~Fields
10-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I guess Tressel doesn't want to kick any FGs today! 77 yds in 0 plays, and Beanie is one bruising runner.

27-0 Bucks

27-0 Bucks......Is it safe to say that I like our chances in this game? I better wait until the clock runs out in the fourth quarter.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Michigan scores....7-0 Wolverines halfway thru the 1st quarter. They're running the ball vs PSU.

GAC
10-18-2008, 04:41 PM
27-0 Bucks......Is it safe to say that I like our chances in this game? I better wait until the clock runs out in the fourth quarter.

If it keeps going the direction it is, Tressel will have the cheerleaders in by the 4th quarter.

Spring~Fields
10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
If it keeps going the direction it is, Tressel will have the cheerleaders in by the 4th quarter.

Don't temp him, he will go utlra on us, before we know it, it will be OSU by 2 :eek: and lining up for 56 yard FG attempt.

Spring~Fields
10-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Michigan scores....7-0 Wolverines halfway thru the 1st quarter. They're running the ball vs PSU.

Unreal, I can't believe that Michigan scored and that Penn has not.

Nah, surely Michigan can't win this one...........if they do, I will swear for ever that sports gods are real and that they hate me. :)

Spring~Fields
10-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Michigan up 10 - 0 1st

guttle11
10-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Ouch, anyone else see the arm injury of that Oklahoma WR? Not supposed to bend that way...

guttle11
10-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Final Score: 45-7.

Wow. This one was all about the offensive line and the entire defense. You know, the way we expect Ohio State football to be. Pryor only threw 11 passes. The defense forced 5 turnovers and scored 2 TDs of their own in the second half.

Hopefully Penn State can pull out a win against Michigan and set up a major battle next Saturday night. OSU's very slim chances at the national title hinge on PSU being a top 5 team heading to next week.

HeatherC1212
10-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Ouch, anyone else see the arm injury of that Oklahoma WR? Not supposed to bend that way...

That looked extremely painful! I can't believe the guy came back to the sideline without going to the hospital first. :eek:

I'm way stoked about OSU looking a little more Buckeye-like this week! :D

Reds Fanatic
10-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Texas Tech and Kansas are in a shootout. These teams put points up in a hurry. The game is 14 to 14 still in the first quarter.

GAC
10-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Illinois and Wisconsin deadlocked at 10-10.

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Oklahoma-Kansas State is very entertaining. 49 points scored in 16:30.

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
56 points in 22:00 minutes. Score tied 28-28 8:00 to go in second quarter. What a shoot out.

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 01:56 PM
63 points in 23:30

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 02:01 PM
This is the first time I've got to see Texas Tech play. Kansas isn't very good but TTU can give Texas a game for sure. They are very solid.

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
48-28 Oklahoma 2:42 to go in second quarter

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 02:20 PM
55-28

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 02:24 PM
55-28

That's what my scores look like when I play NCAA 09

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I love watching teams that throw the ball 60+ times a game. I've always found Hawaii and Texas Tech fascinating to watch.

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Where is the D?

CTA513
10-25-2008, 03:08 PM
UC is now 0-13 on 3rd downs today after being 0-11 on 3rd downs lasts week.

KronoRed
10-25-2008, 03:10 PM

They should go for it on 4th, couldn't be worse could it?

paintmered
10-25-2008, 03:16 PM

And are -4 in turnover margin. Just an ugly, ugly game for the Bearcats even though their defense showed up to play today.

Krono, they're 0-2 on 4th down as well.

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Michigan State just got screwed. Apparently they're just hiring refs off the streets these days.

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Michigan State just got screwed. Apparently they're just hiring refs off the streets these days.

Yeah that was awful.
For those that didn't see the play the Michigan reciever caught the ball with his foot on the pylon and his foot hit out of bounds. It was initially ruled incomplete and then over turned.

MWM
10-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Yeah, how did the ground NOT cause that fumble? And I thought the foot had to be on the gournd first before the pile-on rule applied.

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2008, 06:12 PM
How about Ball State at 8-0?!? I bet David Letterman is proud.

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2008, 06:37 PM
#1 Texas survives with a 28-24 victory over #6 Oklahoma State. Next week Texas will play at Texas Tech, who should be ranked around the top 5 by then.

GAC
10-25-2008, 07:02 PM
That Cincinnati-Conn game turned ugly in the 4th.

The LSU-Georgia game is something else in the last 2 minutes. Georgia up 52-38. And that Florida-Kentucky game was ridiculous. Is there such a thing as defense in the SEC?

And how about them Hoosiers! Beat Nw'rn 21-19.

And Rutgers beats Pitt by 20 pts 54-34.

paintmered
10-25-2008, 07:42 PM
That Cincinnati-Conn game turned ugly in the 4th.

3 turnovers in the 4th quarter often has that effect.

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Lots of good games today.
Pitt's QB did get hurt in the 4th quarter. They were down 7 at the time I believe.
Can't wait for this Bucks game to start

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I'll say Ohio State wins by 10.

MWM
10-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I've been saying it for years, but something has to be done about ridiculous pass interference calls in college football.

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2008, 08:46 PM
I think Kirk Herbstreit is an excellent announcer. He went to Ohio State and yet I've never heard any bias from him when it comes to announcing games. He's one of the better football announcers I've heard.

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I think Kirk Herbstreit is an excellent announcer. He went to Ohio State and yet I've never heard any bias from him when it comes to announcing games. He's one of the better football announcers I've heard.

I agree but many Ohio State fans hold that against him.

GAC
10-25-2008, 08:55 PM
The defensive lines for both PSU and OSU are dominating so far in this one. IF PSU continues to bottle up Beanie, and Pryor can't sucessfully pass then this could get ugly in the second half because OSU's defense, IMO, can't keep the PSU offense down.

Tressel playing conservative will lose him this game IMO.

MWM
10-25-2008, 08:55 PM

True. Actually, I think he goes out of his way not to show a lot of love for the Buckeyes, and i don't blame him. He'll always err on the side of not being on their side. that PI call is a good example. He said it was the right call, and I thought it was ridiculous. Herbstreit regularly will call out bad calls when he's doing games, but he rarely does so in favor of OSU. I don't have a problem with it.

But I agree with that he's as good as it gets when it comes to sports media personalities.

GAC
10-25-2008, 08:56 PM
And no sooner do I post that then Pryor completes a 53 yd pass to #12!!!!!

GAC
10-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Beanie ain't going nowhere fast.

MWM
10-25-2008, 08:58 PM
this might be a game where Tressel has to go with Boeckman in the second half. Of course, this OSU receiving core is a weak as they've had in years.

GAC
10-25-2008, 09:00 PM
this might be a game where Tressel has to go with Boeckman in the second half. Of course, this OSU receiving core is a weak as they've had in years.

Do you attempt to make Beanie a receiver more in this game and try to open things up and loosen up PSU's D?

MWM
10-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Did anyone just see the offensive pass interfernce call against Tennessee in the Alabama game? Just ridiculous. Quality of officiating in sports these days is just attrocious.

MWM
10-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you attempt to make Beanie a receiver more in this game and try to open things up and loosen up PSU's D?

Problem is, they're getting all this pressure without the linebackers. So it's not like there will be room underneath for Beanie to catch balls. PSU isn't putting much back in the secondary right now because they know OSU can't throw the ball down field. Until they can throw it down the field, there will be no room to either run or get the backs out in the flat orbehind the linebackers.

GAC
10-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Problem is, they're getting all this pressure without the linebackers. So it's not like there will be room underneath for Beanie to catch balls. PSU isn't putting much back in the secondary right now because they know OSU can't throw the ball down field. Until they can throw it down the field, there will be no room to either run or get the backs out in the flat orbehind the linebackers.

And that is what has really pee'd me off with OSU this year - the lack of contribution from guys like Hartline, Robiskie, and Small. Where have these guys been?

Rut Roh! Huge pass play by PSU down inside OSU's 20. Where was the coverage there? Not a OSU defender in sight.

GAC
10-25-2008, 09:09 PM
What a hit by Heyward! Whoah!

GAC
10-25-2008, 09:34 PM
3-3 at halftime. Could a turnover be the key to this game?

GAC
10-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm really worried about Pryor's slow,high arching passes and getting an INT. He lays it up there with little zip.

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Wow what a game, nail biter though, pass the valium.

A catch yes.........:)

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 10:05 PM
We need to get the ball back fast and get another score.

1 2 3 4 Total

(3) Penn St. 0 3 0 3 End

(10) Ohio St. 0 3 3 6 3rd

3rd-10, Ohio St. 35

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Penn misses a field goal attempt, Buckeyes ball. Gosh I hate that. ;)

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Can we win the battle of the FGS?

Did anyone happen to notice on that last OSU drive, when they scored the FG, and when they had the one pass completion, the TE that was wide open and running down field.

FUMBLE

PSU's ball

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Can we win the battle of the FGS?

FUMBLE

PSU's ball

That's going to hurt the chance now. :(

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:28 PM
That's going to hurt the chance now. :(

Could a turnover be the key to this game?

Now a costly pass int call against OSU. PSU 1st and goal.

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:30 PM
PSU TD 10-6 Nittany Lions

WMR
Smash Mouth.

Good game.

Spring~Fields
TD Penn now a field goal won't win it, Tressell better pull out some magic.

Stinkin fumble and interference call.

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:33 PM
TD Penn now a field goal won't win it, Tressell better pull out some magic.

Too bad we don't have a weapon on special teams. Small has been non-existent this year.

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Too bad we don't have a weapon on special teams. Small has been non-existent this year.

Another fumble, this one out of bounds.

Ohio State is starting to give them the game.......sigh.

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Maurice Wells fumbles the kickoff out off bounds around the 10 yd line. Geez!

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey! There's Hartline! :lol:

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Maurice Wells fumbles the kickoff out off bounds around the 10 yd line. Geez!

I've never liked Maurice Wells.

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:37 PM
that late pass by Pryor to Robiskie shows Pryor's inexperience.

3 and out. Bucks have to punt.

MWM
10-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Penn State defender was WAY offsides on that 3rd down.

MWM
10-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I have no idea why they punted there.

Penn State was able to get the go ahead TD without even doing anyting on offense. They get a fumble recovery and then a PI call and that was about all they needed.

Pryor is playing like a true Freshman, which is fine. He constantly underthrows his receivers, which basically means he as little confidence in his throwing ability.

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
That face mask penalty sure didn't help.

MWM
10-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Geez, it's not very often you see Bengal-like tackling from OSU, but two straight plays saw the PSU RB break several tackles to get a first down.

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah just gotta tip your hat to Joe Paterno. They thought he was washed up a few years ago and had hung around too long. But Joe has proven them wrong. I have always deeply respected Joe.

And it looks like a turnover determined this game. ;)

OSU's defense played an excellent game tonight.

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah just gotta tip your hat to Joe Paterno. They thought he was washed up a few years ago and had hung around too long. But Joe has proven them wrong. I have always deeply respected Joe.

Yupp

WMR
10-25-2008, 10:53 PM
I really felt like OSU had this game in control all night...

that one turnover was truly the key.

GAC
10-25-2008, 10:58 PM
There's that INT. Game over!

Spring~Fields
10-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Feel like going out and turning over a car...........:oops: :D

GAC
10-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Why are they reviewing that INT after they already gave possession to PSU and they ran a play? :lol:

OnBaseMachine
10-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Penn State should be in the National Championship game unless both Texas and Alabama win out, and I don't think they both will.

MWM
10-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Meh, no big deal. This OSU team isn't good enough to win the conference. The defense is really good, but the offense is just bad. I'm still a little dumbfounded at how the O-line could be this bad. They're sitting on arguable the best running back in the country (when healthy) and he rarely has anywhere to run.

*BaseClogger*
10-25-2008, 11:02 PM

It's the same group as they had last year? :confused:

Spring~Fields
Meh, no big deal. This OSU team isn't good enough to win the conference. The defense is really good, but the offense is just bad. I'm still a little dumbfounded at how the O-line could be this bad. They're sitting on arguable the best running back in the country (when healthy) and he rarely has anywhere to run.

True.

MWM
Penn State should be in the National Championship game unless both Texas and Alabama win out, and I don't think they both will.

I think Texas will, but Alabama most likely won't.

*BaseClogger*
10-25-2008, 11:03 PM
3-3 at halftime. Could a turnover be the key to this game?

:thumbup:

WMR
I think I would have to break my self-imposed edict of never rooting for a Big 10 squad if Joe Pa made it to the National Championship game. :D

MWM
It's the same group as they had last year? :confused:

OK, they were weak last year too.

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Disappointing loss

*BaseClogger*
10-25-2008, 11:08 PM

Paterno is nothing but a figure head now IMO. He looks confused up in the press box, and at half time he sat up there by himself...

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Pryor made a mistake, but give the Penn State kid credit, he made a good swipe at the ball, If he doesn't stop Pryor, Pryor might have gone to the house. I don't mind the INT so much as it broke down, because of Browning's whiff. An experienced guy throws that ball to Jim Tressel, and calls another play. Pryor took the loss hard on the field and on the sidelines. He knows he goofed. The BigTen better get their shots in now. The next three years are going to be hell for them. A true freshman QB took the #3 team in the country to the wire. A loss is no consolation, but he is going to be scary good.

This game reminds me of PSU 2005 and Purdue 2004. The dogs are starting to bite again. Take out some frustration on Illinois, and get another pair of gold pants against Michigan. Then work overtime in bowl prep, and use the game as a springboard for next year.

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Paterno is nothing but a figure head now IMO. He looks confused up in the press box, and at half time he sat up there by himself...

I thought I saw him eating Pizza or maybe a jumbo pretzel!

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Pryor made a mistake, but give the Penn State kid credit, he made a good swipe at the ball, If he doesn't stop Pryor, Pryor might have gone to the house. I don't mind the INT so much as it broke down, because of Browning's whiff. An experienced guy throws that ball to Jim Tressel, and calls another play. Pryor took the loss hard on the field and on the sidelines. He knows he goofed. The BigTen better get their shots in now. The next three years are going to be hell for them. A true freshman QB took the #3 team in the country to the wire. A loss is no consolation, but he is going to be scary good.

This game reminds me of PSU 2005 and Purdue 2004. The dogs are starting to bite again. Take out some frustration on Illinois, and get another pair of gold pants against Michigan. Then work overtime in bowl prep, and use the game as a springboard for next year.

That play shouldn't have even happened because Beanie had a first down the play before and got a horrible spot.

Agree with your post though. Pryor will make the whole team play "faster" and we'll start getting those bounces again.

LoganBuck
10-25-2008, 11:57 PM
That play shouldn't have even happened because Beanie had a first down the play before and got a horrible spot.

Agree with your post though. Pryor will make the whole team play "faster" and we'll start getting those bounces again.

Over at Bucknuts people are whining about playcalling, and clock management and officiating. Just keep in mind that the team with the patchwork offensive line and the freshmen QB just took the #3 team in the country to the wire.

BuckeyeRed27
10-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Over at Bucknuts people are whining about playcalling, and clock management and officiating. Just keep in mind that the team with the patchwork offensive line and the freshmen QB just took the #3 team in the country to the wire.

Overall I'm very happy with how we played PSU is a good team and I think they can play with anybody.
And I'm sure OSU got some favorable calls or no calls through out the game. However that was a big miss based on how the game played out. And it was a miss. If you taped the game go back and watch it.

LoganBuck
10-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Overall I'm very happy with how we played PSU is a good team and I think they can play with anybody.
And I'm sure OSU got some favorable calls or no calls through out the game. However that was a big miss based on how the game played out. And it was a miss. If you taped the game go back and watch it.

Agree, I just don't think it is worth jumping off a bridge.

cincrazy
10-26-2008, 01:10 AM
We lost to the better team. Period. End of discussion. Nothing to be ashamed of. Tip your cap and move on. Penn State surely hasn't heard the last of us. That game was everything I could have asked for out of this team. One mistake just killed us. But we'll be alright

GAC
10-26-2008, 05:29 AM

I disagree with that assessment unless you can prove otherwise.

KoryMac5
10-26-2008, 10:19 AM

They should take the number #3 team to the wire. They are the #6 team in the country playing at home against a team that has not won at the shoe in 15 years since joining the Big Ten.

The stars were aligned for a Buckeye win last night and they didn't get it done.

KoryMac5
10-26-2008, 10:40 AM

He sits up in the box during halftime because of the injury to his hip and leg that will more than likely need surgery after the year is over. JoePa has actually grown more as a coach over the last ten years than at any previous time. The team was stagnant doing the same plays that worked during nat'l championships of the past. Paterno ended the stagnation on two fronts. He broke his long standing tradition of not starting freshman. He opened up the offense and brought Galen Hall in to run the spread. Most importantly he lets his coaches do their jobs.

As a former Penssylvania boy he has looked confused over the last 30 years and he can look confused over the course of the next few games right up until the nat'l championship game.

Unassisted
10-26-2008, 10:45 AM
The stars were aligned for a Buckeye win last night and they didn't get it done.
Although I wanted them to win, I have been skeptical all week that it would happen.

The problems exhibited in the USC game weren't all solved by replacing Boeckman with Pryor. This is a team with many holes and a quarterback who's learning on the job.

Now I'm rooting for them to lose one more (but not to Michigan) so that I can go in person to see them play in the Alamo Bowl. :D

cincrazy
10-26-2008, 11:24 AM
They should take the number #3 team to the wire. They are the #6 team in the country playing at home against a team that has not won at the shoe in 15 years since joining the Big Ten.

It wasn't a loss to be ashamed of though. I've talked to some friends who are saying that Tressel should be on the hot seat, and that Boeckman should now replace Pryor, which is all just so ridiculous. Freshman QB's make mistakes, it's a fact of life. We lost to the better team, any Buckeyes fan should be able to admit that. We fought like hell and played a great game, but sometimes that just isn't enough. I'm rooting for the Nittany Lions the rest of the way, I hope they go to Miami and kick the snot out of whoever they play

MWM
10-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I will say this. I was very underwhelmed by Penn State's offense. I thought they were better than this and last night's game makes me rethink whether or not they're legit national title contenders. Yes, OSU has a really good defense and they were playing in Columbus, but if you're THAT good, you should be able to at least get something going at some point in a game. Realistically, they got lucky that Pryor made a bonehead play and they got a PI call. That was really the best offense they had all night. Were it not for that fumble, they likely would have lost 6-3. If they want to have any prayer of playing for a national title, they had better be able to move the ball against a good defense.

cincrazy
10-26-2008, 12:00 PM
I will say this. I was very underwhelmed by Penn State's offense. I thought they were better than this and last night's game makes me rethink whether or not they're legit national title contenders. Yes, OSU has a really good defense and they were playing in Columbus, but if you're THAT good, you should be able to at least get something going at some point in a game. Realistically, they got lucky that Pryor made a bonehead play and they got a PI call. That was really the best offense they had all night. Were it not for that fumble, they likely would have lost 6-3. If they want to have any prayer of playing for a national title, they had better be able to move the ball against a good defense.

I agree with you, but I also have to say, that's the best I've seen the Buckeye defense play in years. It was all over the place, playing with a passion not seen since the days of Hawk and Carpenter. I think that sometimes you're not going to win pretty, and it's just a matter of survival. And for Penn State to go into the Shoe and get out with a win speaks volumes about how good they are, IMO

Spring~Fields
10-26-2008, 12:59 PM

I agree but for the reason that Wells should have received the call on that play instead of Pryor taking it. I would put it on the cordinator who called the play.

Who's the number one guy that you would count on to pick up yardage to get a 1st on the Buckeyes, seems like it is Wells and only Wells.

BuckeyeRed27
10-26-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree but for the reason that Wells should have received the call on that play instead of Pryor taking it. I would put it on the cordinator who called the play.

Who's the number one guy that you would count on to pick up yardage to get a 1st on the Buckeyes, seems like it is Wells and only Wells.

I disagree. We have a huge QB that I trust to get us a yard if we need it. If it was 2 yards then I agree it should have been Wells.

But the point still stands that it should not have mattered because that play shouldn't have ever happened.

*BaseClogger*
10-26-2008, 03:35 PM
He sits up in the box during halftime because of the injury to his hip and leg that will more than likely need surgery after the year is over. JoePa has actually grown more as a coach over the last ten years than at any previous time. The team was stagnant doing the same plays that worked during nat'l championships of the past. Paterno ended the stagnation on two fronts. He broke his long standing tradition of not starting freshman. He opened up the offense and brought Galen Hall in to run the spread. Most importantly he lets his coaches do their jobs.

As a former Penssylvania boy he has looked confused over the last 30 years and he can look confused over the course of the next few games right up until the nat'l championship game.

So this was basically my point. I could hire a bunch of talented assistants and let them do their jobs. His assistants run the show and he is just a figurehead (i.e. Fidel Castro). I never see him coaching tactics on the sideline; he looks like he acts more as a cheerleader and motivator. Back when he did stand on the sidelines he never wore the headset, and now he wears it in the booth so it looks like he is in the game.

I know he is a great man, and is the spiritual leader of that program; I just don't think he actually coaches that team anymore...

KoryMac5
10-26-2008, 05:45 PM
So this was basically my point. I could hire a bunch of talented assistants and let them do their jobs. His assistants run the show and he is just a figurehead (i.e. Fidel Castro). I never see him coaching tactics on the sideline; he looks like he acts more as a cheerleader and motivator. Back when he did stand on the sidelines he never wore the headset, and now he wears it in the booth so it looks like he is in the game.

I know he is a great man, and is the spiritual leader of that program; I just don't think he actually coaches that team anymore...

One of the myths that has been circulating over the last few years is that Paterno is a figurehead and doesn't do any coaching. This myth is perputated by the fact that Paterno doesn't wear a headset. In fact Paterno has never worn a headset on the sidelines for an entire game. Does this mean he is an ornament, not in the least.

When you have been coaching with the same guys for the last 10-15-20-25-and 30 years you get a sense that you are on the same page with them. You don't feel the need to micromanage every aspect of the gameplan. He lets his coaches call the plays but will make some tweaks and substitutions when he feels the need. His assistants still make the gameplans and meet with Joe to go over the strategy every Tuesday. Joe makes changes as he sees fit.

In practices you still find Coach patrolling the sidelines barking orders and shouting instructions. Most players will tell you he is very active during practices and does on occasion get in the face of someone who does something stupid. He still is involved in major decisions that affect his team in that he has doled out suspensions and kicked talented players off his team. He still will make a trip or two to recruit a player if he feels that it will tip them over the edge.

Does he do as much as he used to 20 years ago the answer clearly is no. But I think that this is more a result of having established continuity and consistency in a program for the last 30 years. He no longer is the dictator he used to be but he runs a pretty darn good democracy.

GAC
10-26-2008, 07:40 PM

Yep. When I look at some of the high powered offensive juggernauts in the other top conferences, the Big 10 underwhelms me.

guttle11
10-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Penn State has a really good offense. From what I saw, FINALLY, the OSU defensive line played well in a big game. They really took it to Clark all game (and opened up lanes for the LBs to do the same) and forced him into some really bad throws that could have easily been INTs. I really thought it was a matter of time before OSU got a turnover or two with the opportunities they had, but they could never close the deal. One pass went right through Freeman's hands, one through Russell's hands, and another went pretty much right into Coleman's back when he wasn't looking.

Unfortunately, the Pryor fumble gave PSU just good enough field position to put together a TD drive. If they start 15-20 yards back, they get a FG on that drive at most.

Good game between relatively equal teams, IMO, that was always going to come down to which team made the first mistake. OSU just made three mistakes in a row, and that's why they lost.

Caseyfan21
10-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Penn State has a really good offense. From what I saw, FINALLY, the OSU defensive line played well in a big game. They really took it to Clark all game (and opened up lanes for the LBs to do the same) and forced him into some really bad throws that could have easily been INTs. I really thought it was a matter of time before OSU got a turnover or two with the opportunities they had, but they could never close the deal. One pass went right through Freeman's hands, one through Russell's hands, and another went pretty much right into Coleman's back when he wasn't looking.

Unfortunately, the Pryor fumble gave PSU just good enough field position to put together a TD drive. If they start 15-20 yards back, they get a FG on that drive at most.

Good game between relatively equal teams, IMO, that was always going to come down to which team made the first mistake. OSU just made three mistakes in a row, and that's why they lost.

Yep, pretty good analysis of the game. I am a die hard Buckeye fan and usually any loss I am at I get really down and torn up about (live and die). The Illinois and Florida games were just painful to be at. But I didn't have that feeling last night. I felt like two very even teams played and PSU just had a little better execution down the stretch. Pryor is a freshman and IMO people have to accept that as talented as he is and as good as he may be, he will have some learning pains along the way. Very rare is the player that can step in and be flawless from the start. But I hope he can learn from this game and improve so the next time we are in a big game (Michigan, bowl game, etc), he makes less mistakes and hopefully come out on the better end of the scoreboard.

If things shake out the way they should, this game won't really affect the OSU season. If PSU wins out they will probably have a shot to be in the NC game (depending on how Texas and Bama play out). If OSU wins out then they should hopefully be looking at a Rose Bowl berth. OSU fans just need to realize that we weren't going to be voted into another NC game unless every other major conference team had 2 losses which is highly unlikely (but it can happen like last year). I will be rooting hard for PSU the rest of the way and I hope they can bring some respect back for the conference. Hopefully OSU can get another shot at USC in the Rose Bowl.

But, as a true Buckeye fan, the only thing I really care about this year other than winning a national title was to beat Michigan. If OSU can accomplish that they will be the first team in OSU history to beat UM 5 straight times. And, that would be my 5 years I've been at OSU as a student. That will be something to tell the grandkids about (although hopefully the streak can keep going for a few more classes of Buckeyes). :thumbup:

OnBaseMachine
11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
It's early, but Texas Tech is whooping Texas right now. 19-0 Texas Tech in the second quarter.

MWM
11-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Man, there has been some shady officiating against Texas Tech tonight. First that block in the back on the punt return that was picked up. That was clearly an illegal block.

Now the offensive pass interfernce that probably cost them a TD. That was a bush league call.

OnBaseMachine
11-01-2008, 11:51 PM
What an incredible game. That's one of the best college football games I have ever seen. Michael Crabtree - Wow. He's a stud. He reminds me of a quicker Mike Williams.

WMR
11-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Talk about helping your draft stock. :D

paintmered
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
What an incredible game. That's one of the best college football games I have ever seen. Michael Crabtree - Wow. He's a stud. He reminds me of a quicker Mike Williams.

An instant classic.

OnBaseMachine
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Texas Tech is #1 in my book.

OnBaseMachine
11-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh, and Graham Harrell is my Heisman front-runner with Colt McCoy and Michael Crabtree a close second and third.

MWM
11-02-2008, 12:14 AM
I predict a Penn State - Alabama national title game. Texas Tech still has to play at Oklahoma and in the conference title game. I think they'll lose one of those. Alabama's only tough game left is LSU, and honestly, they're just not that good this year. They lost a lot of talent from last year's team and never should have been ranked as high as they were this year. It is in Baton Rouge, but I don't think Alabama will lose that game.

They will probably have to play Florida in the SEC title game, and that will be a tough game, but I think they will beat Florida. If they don't, it will be a toss up between Florida and USC as to who plays for the national title. Both teams will have a pretty bad loss on recorrd, but both would have some quality wins on there as well. I think USC is better, but Florida would get the nod coming off beating Alabama and overall SEC bias (sorry, but it does exist). Not saying they wouldn't be deserving, but it's ridiculous that we'd even be in a situation where we would have to choose between two equally deserving teams. That's the lunacy of the BCS.

I think if USC winds up playing for the national title, they'll win by a large margin. Given the amount of time they get to prepare for that game, I don't think there's anyone in the country who can play with them. If they don't I think whoever is in the game will be a close one.

MWM
11-02-2008, 12:20 AM
I was also glad to see Florida put a spanking on Georgia. That whole stomping on Florida's logo last year was about as bush as anything I've seen in college sports. It's was ridiculous and I'm glad they got their arses handed to them.

OnBaseMachine
11-02-2008, 12:25 AM
I agree MWM. As much as I would love to see Texas Tech win out, I don't see it happening. They have a tough game next week against a very underrated Oklahoma State team, and then they travel to Oklahoma in three weeks. Alabama is one of the few SEC teams I like but I'm not confident they'll run the table. LSU is overrated but Baton Rouge is a tough place to play. Michigan State may give Penn State a little trouble at first but I think PSU wins. I'm a USC fan but I don't think they should get to play in the NC after losing to Oregon State. I'd like to see them in the Rose Bowl.

Unassisted
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
That was a great game tonight. It was fun to see UT trail through most of it. And it was fun to see them lose it at the end.

I'm hoping the Red Raiders win out, because it would be a blast to see Tech in the NC game.

OnBaseMachine
11-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Mike Leach is my favorite coach in college football. That guy is crazy. Most of the time when a coach is asked a question you already know what they're gonna say. Not Mike Leach...you don't know what the heck is gonna come out of his mouth.

cincrazy
11-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I was also glad to see Florida put a spanking on Georgia. That whole stomping on Florida's logo last year was about as bush as anything I've seen in college sports. It's was ridiculous and I'm glad they got their arses handed to them.

I was glad to see Georgia get stomped, too. I thought they were overrated from the get go, and thought they'd lose 3 or so games this year. And they seem well on their way to doing that.

By the way, anyone that would take Matt Stafford with a top draft pick deserves all of the misery sure to come their way.

WMR
11-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Turnabout is fair play...

I must say that I am enjoying watching Florida decimate the Ole Ball Coach while running up the score. :D

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Stanford 7 USC 3
Stanford driving late 1st quarter

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 07:44 PM
10-3 Stanford end of the 1st quarter. A Stanford LB dropped one that would have given them the ball back inside the 10 probably. Sanchez is under a lot of pressure almost every snap.

Game is on VS for those that have it.

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 07:59 PM
10-10 USC mid way 2nd quarter. USC got a HUGE break. Gable fumbled the ball on the 6 yard line and Stanford recovered but the refs ruled he was down and there was no review. USC scored on 2 plays later.

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
TD Stanford! 17-10
Big 40 yard run on the drive

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 08:09 PM
And then USC runs the kick back 17-17

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 08:18 PM
The USC defense had only given up an amazing 60 points in their first nine games. Stanford has scored 17 in the first half tonight.

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Troy leads LSU 14-3 in the first quarter.

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Still 17-17. USC fumbles in the red zone but Stanford goes 3 and out.

Also Bama up 12-7 just before the half against MSU

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 09:17 PM
USC takes the lead for the first time 24-17 late 3rd

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Troy leads LSU 24-3 halfway through the second quarter.

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Troy leads LSU 24-3 halfway through the second quarter.

Cue SEC is overrated conversation...

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 09:43 PM
24-3 Troy at halftime. Go Troy!

*BaseClogger*
11-15-2008, 09:46 PM
24-3 Troy at halftime. Go Troy!

Hey, isn't that a team tOSU beat 28-10 earlier this season? ;)

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
USC safely ahead now

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Touchdown Troy! 31-3 now in the third quarter. Anyone else think Les Miles is overrated? I've never been impressed with him. He won with Saban's players.

MWM
11-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Cue SEC is overrated conversation...

I think it's more LSU is over-rated. I also think Georgia is quite over-rated as well. The SEC is Florida and Alabam this year. That's a great 1-2, but after that, it's not what it has been this year.

MWM
11-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Touchdown Troy! 31-3 now in the third quarter. Anyone else think Les Miles is overrated? I've never been impressed with him. He won with Saban's players.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he winds up being a disaster in the long run. I never wanted him for MIchigan and think he's a nutcase.

BuckeyeRed27
11-15-2008, 10:41 PM
I think it's more LSU is over-rated. I also think Georgia is quite over-rated as well. The SEC is Florida and Alabam this year. That's a great 1-2, but after that, it's not what it has been this year.

I'll give you Florida. I won't give you Alabama.

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
31-10 Troy in the 4th quarter.

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
The Troy choke is on. TD LSU makes it 31-17. Troy drives down field and had a 2nd and 1 at the LSU 40 and tried to pass, then ran for nothing, and then threw an incomplete pass to turn it over on downs. Now LSU is driving. Just run the ball! It's 2nd and 1. RUN!

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 11:02 PM
31-24 with 10:33 left. Watch, LSU will move up in the rankings. LOL.

Troy led by 28 points with 16 1/2 minutes left in the game and now they are about to blow it. Passing on 2nd and 1 is coming back to bite them in the butt. A simple run there probably nets a first down and puts them in near field goal position.

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Now LSU intercepts a pass and kicks a field goal. 31-27 with 7:51 remaining. Wow. Troy had a 28 point lead with less than 17 minutes left and still chose to continue passing the ball even though LSU is stopping it now. All they had to do was run the ball and this game would've been over.

OnBaseMachine
11-15-2008, 11:13 PM
LOL. Three straight incomplete passes as Troy goes 3 and out and burns only 22 seconds. Wow. This playcalling has been downright atrocious.