PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines plans a la carte pricing

freestyle55
10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26997055/

The article suggests that fees will be charged for items such as selecting a seat, carry on baggage, and even using the internet to book...

I can understand the first 2 and some of the others in the article, but the using the internet to book fee? That's ridiculous...it's cheaper than using real agents to take calls about flights, and it would never work to have all your customers come to the airport to book the flight...you'd have way too many walkups to realistically know how full flights are...

It's almost to the point where I would rather drive anywhere...definitely cheaper for my family of 3...

For business trips, if the drive time is within 2 hours of the flight time, I'll drive every time...less hassles...

Sea Ray
10-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I seriously doubt they'll charge extra for booking a seat on-line. That was purely speculation on the part of that so called "expert" but on-line is the cheapest way to do business from the airline's standpoint. As it is right now there is a charge if you go to the AA office (if you even have one in your town) to book a flight as well as if you call to use their agents. If you charge an on-line fee then there aren't many options left to book.