PDA

View Full Version : Step Down Mike Brown!

Redhook
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
This is great.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=117&f=1756&t=3114175&p=1

I love the fact that someone is stepping up to embarrass Mike Brown. I highly doubt anything will happen because of it, but maybe Mike will lose just a little sleep over it. I don't like the man, and that's putting it mildly.

Highlifeman21
10-09-2008, 12:06 AM
A banner behind a plane during a game?

Really?

I was hoping for better...

SunDeck
10-09-2008, 07:57 AM
If he didn't step down in the 90s why would he now?

paintmered
10-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Nobody can out stubborn Mike Brown. An aerial banner certainly won't do the trick.

GoReds33
10-09-2008, 08:05 AM
I think that's a great idea. I guess they couldn't afford a banner that said "step down Mike Brown, because you can't run this team, and can't pick talent. Let Marvin do his job."

SunDeck
10-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Nobody can out stubborn Mike Brown. An aerial banner certainly won't do the trick.

And when you have tunnel vision like he does, it's not likely you'll see it anyway.

Yachtzee
10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
It's been done before. Next thing you know, someone's going to start a website about Mike Brown. Oh wait, they've done that too (http://www.mikebrownsucks.com/index.html).

Reds Fanatic
10-09-2008, 05:16 PM
A banner behind a plane during a game?

Really?

I was hoping for better...

It is not even during the game. The airspace around the stadium is restricted during the game so they are flying it 2 hours before the game. It doubt it even gets noticed.

The team went through the entire 90s with Mike Brown doing nothing an 0-5 start is not going to change him.

redsfandan
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
this team could win more but unfortunately thanks to mike brown i'm not too optimistic until the attendance/luxury box renewals start to fall.

Newport Red
10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
This has a Groundhog Day feel to it.

Matt700wlw
10-09-2008, 06:43 PM
This won't do anything...

KronoRed
10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Why would he quit? He's already got his daughter all set to take over when he goes.

City should have let the Bengals run to Baltimore in the 90's

redsfanmia
10-09-2008, 07:38 PM
He will eventually hire someone and things will change. It happened here in Indy with Jim Irsay and since he hired a football man 1 Super Bowl and 3 AFC Championship games and 5 straight 12 seasons.

redsfandan
10-09-2008, 08:02 PM
the thing is mike brown has been the man in charge for over well over a decade and he keeps making stupid decisions. i don't think that could have been said of JIM irsay at anytime. i could be wrong but i think it was his dad bob irsay that was part of the problem for them. maybe when mike browns daughter takes over things will change but right now it's just the same old bengals.

guttle11
10-09-2008, 08:42 PM
What a waste of money.

Whatever happened to sports being a choice? As fans, we're not entitled to anything. Wanna really show Mike, don't buy tickets. And get others to do the same.

cincrazy
10-10-2008, 12:10 AM
He will eventually hire someone and things will change. It happened here in Indy with Jim Irsay and since he hired a football man 1 Super Bowl and 3 AFC Championship games and 5 straight 12 seasons.

That's the thing, I don't think he'll ever hire a "football man." He's not going to hire a GM, or a Bill Parcells type to come in and oversee things. The Bengals will be hard pressed to have consistent success because of this. While Jerome Simpson has been busy mopping the bathroom's at Paul Brown Stadium, Desean Jackson has been one of the best rookie's in the league. An actual scouting department could have figured that one out. But Mike.... he'd rather be cheap.

guttle11
10-10-2008, 09:32 PM
That's the thing, I don't think he'll ever hire a "football man." He's not going to hire a GM, or a Bill Parcells type to come in and oversee things. The Bengals will be hard pressed to have consistent success because of this. While Jerome Simpson has been busy mopping the bathroom's at Paul Brown Stadium, Desean Jackson has been one of the best rookie's in the league. An actual scouting department could have figured that one out. But Mike.... he'd rather be cheap.

Jerome Simpson wasn't drafted for this year. He was drafted for when TJ walks after this year. Desean Jackson is a nice athlete, but he'll never be a credible WR in the NFL. He doesn't have the head for it. The actual scouts said to take Limas Swead...a guy who's had about as much success as Simpson to date.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with your premise. Mike Brown hires someone else to run the show right after a cow wins the WSOP. Under him, the best we Bengals fans can hope for is a total fluke.

cincrazy
10-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Jerome Simpson wasn't drafted for this year. He was drafted for when TJ walks after this year. Desean Jackson is a nice athlete, but he'll never be a credible WR in the NFL. He doesn't have the head for it. The actual scouts said to take Limas Swead...a guy who's had about as much success as Simpson to date.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with your premise. Mike Brown hires someone else to run the show right after a cow wins the WSOP. Under him, the best we Bengals fans can hope for is a total fluke.

I think Desean Jackson will be fine. True, his head isn't the best though. And nice to bring up Sweed, I was actually trying to think of who else was available that they passed on. Was Kelly from OU still available also? I don't see Jerome Simpson or Andre Caldwell contributing to this team at all for at least a few years, if ever.

And yeah... all we CAN hope for is a total fluke. 2005 seems to be a fluke more and more after each passing year