PDA

View Full Version : My brother was elected judge tonight

redsmetz
11-05-2008, 01:59 AM
I know politics is taboo and this isn't meant to be political, but my oldest brother was elected as a judge in the Court of Common Pleas here in Hamilton County tonight. Our family is very proud of his accomplishment and I just wanted to share that with you all.

11-05-2008, 02:01 AM
That's not a political post. That's great!

MrCinatit
11-05-2008, 07:19 AM
I sentence you to coolness!

(no, seriously...that is very, very cool redsmetz. Congratulations.)

SeeinRed
11-05-2008, 07:53 AM
I know politics is taboo and this isn't meant to be political, but my oldest brother was elected as a judge in the Court of Common Pleas here in Hamilton County tonight. Our family is very proud of his accomplishment and I just wanted to share that with you all.

Did not know he was your brother. He does some banking at the institution I work at. Very good guy. Congratulations.:beerme:

redsfandan
11-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Congrats. maybe we should remember this. ya know, just in case. :rolleyes:

Bip Roberts
11-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Whats his name so I can vote against him next time!

Just kidding, congrats to him

wolfboy
11-05-2008, 09:53 AM

Congrats to your family! I think your brother will do an excellent job.

Highlifeman21
11-05-2008, 10:15 AM

Congrats to your oldest brother, as well as your family!

Caveat Emperor
11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Can't believe I never put two-and-two together with the name.

Pretty cool stuff!

redsmetz
11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. As my sister in law just said to me, it seems surreal. The campaign was very low budget, so my brother and many of us, family & friends, worked our tails off and got the name out there. The last week was spent at the BOE with my brother introducing himself to voters in line (I know Vaticanplum said she met him). The biggest expense was billboards and everyone saw those around town. We also ran some radio ads late, on the urban stations and WARM 98 and that was fun because a buddy of mine from high school wrote the scripts for us.

I spoke to our 80 year old parents today and I told them, "say after me, 'my son the judge'. I even reminded my mom that this gave her one more thing in common with her late mother; having a son as a judge. Our uncle is the late Ed Donnellon who was on the Municipal Court.

Yachtzee
11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Congratulations. I wish your honorable brother the best. Let me know if he needs a law clerk or judicial attorney. :)

redsmetz
02-10-2009, 05:40 PM
I thought I'd bump this thread up. It's official, my brother started his term today. My folks went down late in the morning to watch him in court. It must have been a thrill for them seeing their first child become a judge. And tomorrow is their 59th anniversary. Pretty cool. I've been making some phone calls about a final fundraiser to retire some campaign debt and I'd leave messages, "This is Judge Metz's brother". Now I've got to be on my best behavior.