PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick?

Screwball
11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Ok, lets just say that we had a challenge from a rival website (e.g., SOSH, not that they're a real rival or anythting) to put up our 5 best posters againt theirs in order to face off in a series of baseball interrogations. Who would you want to represent RedsZone?

My five:

M2
Cyclone792
SteelSD
RedsManRick
SMcGavin

Who would you go to battle with?

Highlifeman21
11-09-2008, 09:33 AM
M2
Cyclone792
SteelSD
RedsManRick
Westofyou

Those 5 could lay seige to any competition.

Will M
11-09-2008, 11:45 AM
mth123
K61
Mario-Rijo
OnBaseMachine
Spring~Fields

I am probably forgetting someone who is a great poster but off the top of my head thats my top 5.

Revering4Blue
11-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Stormy
M2
SteelSD
Westofyou
Princeton

I am probably forgetting someone who is a great poster but off the top of my head thats my top 5.

I feel the same way.

WMR
11-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Raisor
Raisor
Raisor
Raisor
Raisor

/thread

*BaseClogger*
11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Westofyou
Cyclone792
SteelSD
RedsManRick
princeton

In that order. And if Pedro was still around he would get consideration...

edit: wow, I would want to bring along jojo, DougDirt, and M2 as well. This is a really tough call.

thatcoolguy_22
11-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Any top 5 minus Jojo would be doing us a disservice

OldRightHander
11-09-2008, 06:41 PM
WOY
Raisor
SteelSD
M2
Cyclone

And honorable mention to Krono if you want to wear them down with sheer volume. :)

Degenerate39
11-09-2008, 06:45 PM
nate is all you need

cincrazy
11-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Westofyou
Cyclone792
SteelSD
RedsManRick
princeton

In that order. And if Pedro was still around he would get consideration...

edit: wow, I would want to bring along jojo, DougDirt, and M2 as well. This is a really tough call.

What happened to Pedro?

PedroBourbon
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
blimpie
Westofyou
oldrighthander
steelSD
Raisor

GAC
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Raisor
Raisor
Raisor
Raisor
Raisor

/thread

Yep. I'd go with the guy with the MPD. :p:

11-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Haven't seen Richard Hand mentioned yet.

11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Jim Coombs.

He wouldn't need anyone else.

*BaseClogger*
11-10-2008, 01:18 AM
What happened to Pedro?

Not sure. You'd have to ask WOY...

thatcoolguy_22
11-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Who's in your fave 5?

1) Jojo- our version of Matt Holiday; a monster at home (reds/mariners) and all star level everywhere else
2) DougDirt- Basically Homer Bailey. Phenomenal in the minors but gets roughed up a touch in the majors
3) WestofYou- Every team needs a coach that watched pre WWII baseball and can back up almost any statement made with an obscure article from a 1968 newspaper from Omaha. (a la Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting)
4) Mth123- He is a version of Greg Maddux. Except where he aged and slowly saw his numbers drop he remains on his Cy Young form.
5) FallsCityBeer- The amount of pessimism that exudes from his body is rivaled only by Baseclogger and Highlifeman21 (better? everyone stay calm, deep breaths, inhale, exhale, now that must feel better) . He will be able to bring down any opponent's argument in under 3 lines on a post. Basically he is Mariano Rivera

My .02 :)

Highlifeman21
11-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Who's in your fave 5?

1) Jojo- our version of Matt Holiday; a monster at home (reds/mariners) and all star level everywhere else
2) DougDirt- Basically Homer Bailey. Phenomenal in the minors but gets roughed up a touch in the majors
3) WestofYou- Every team needs a coach that watched pre WWII baseball and can back up almost any statement made with an obscure article from a 1968 newspaper from Omaha. (a la Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting)
4) Mth123- He is a version of Greg Maddux. Except where he aged and slowly saw his numbers drop he remains on his Cy Young form.
5) FallsCityBeer- The amount of pessimism that exudes from his body is rivaled only by McCain supporters. He will be able to bring down any opponent's argument in under 3 lines on a post. Basically he is Mariano Rivera

My .02 :)

And this has exactly what to do with this thread?

thatcoolguy_22
11-10-2008, 08:58 PM
And this has exactly what to do with this thread?

Are you kidding me?

Pick 5 guys for a imaginary battle of the boards. I chose 5 and jokingly listed a reason for each.

Calm down little buddy

*BaseClogger*
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Are you kidding me?

Pick 5 guys for a imaginary battle of the boards. I chose 5 and jokingly listed a reason for each.

Calm down little buddy

The concern is a joke like that could shut down an interesting thread...

Emin3mShady07
11-10-2008, 09:58 PM
I think that someone should compose a comprehensive baseball knowledge test and include a few questions that would require putting the knowledge into specific situations. This is a tough task and I am personally not willing or able to make such a test, but it is still an idea. I mean how did all great inventions start? With an idea:thumbup:

thatcoolguy_22
11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
shut down an entire thread? A joke? :rolleyes:

Highlifeman21
11-11-2008, 12:09 AM
The concern is a joke like that could shut down an interesting thread...

Bingo.

See, *BaseClogger* gets it.

It's always a shame when interesting/engaging threads go the way of the dodo b/c someone had to take a political cheap shot....

As an aside, these refs are HORRIBLE in the MNF Niners @ Cardinals...

cincrazy
11-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Bingo.

See, *BaseClogger* gets it.

It's always a shame when interesting/engaging threads go the way of the dodo b/c someone had to take a political cheap shot....

As an aside, these refs are HORRIBLE in the MNF Niners @ Cardinals...

I really think he was just trying to be funny... Geezy pete's, maybe if the Reds had a winning season every once in a while people wouldn't be so touchy around here :)

dougdirt
11-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Hmmm, I can't let others go to battle without me. So as long as I don't have to argue against any of these guys....
jojo
redsmanrick
cyclone792
onbasemachine

nate
11-11-2008, 09:26 AM
nate is all you need

True.

Unless the object is to win!

;)

camisadelgolf
11-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Only five? That's tough, but I'll take a stab at it.

Yachtzee - knows at least two languages; likes Devo; good sense of humor; handy in case of legal problems
RedsManRick - very informed, motivated, and passionate; his posts are well-thought out and articulate
FallsCityBeer - won't bend on anything; he knows he's right, regardless of how right/wrong he is; will out-last any opponent
KittyDuran - everyone loves free stuff
camisadelgolf - he brings beer wherever he goes; exceptional grammar and spelling (despite the frequent alcohol poisoning); likes to talk in third person

Honorable mentions:
westofyou - tends to start the more interesting threads, even if people don't always post much in them
BCubb2003 - his 'random thoughts' are always classic (but should post more)
Matt700wlw - has the ability to reach a large audience; nice guy
RedsMetz - open mind; plays a perfect devil's advocate; great at encouraging a more fluid discussion
Boss-Hog - we need someone to help keep things civil; also handy in the case of bandwith problems

Ltlabner
11-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Is the question who's the best for general baseball knowledge, or who would be best for general baseball discussions/agruments? Seems to me those are two different skilz.

TRF
11-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Any list without me is a good list. I'd go with:

woy
M2
SteelSD
princeton
Raisor

I covered snark, snide, history, stats and common sense.

Highlifeman21
11-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I really think he was just trying to be funny... Geezy pete's, maybe if the Reds had a winning season every once in a while people wouldn't be so touchy around here :)

A decade of losing will do that to ya...

Chip R
11-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Krono could just blow everyone away with sheer volume. :)

Mario-Rijo
11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Ok, lets just say that we had a challenge from a rival website (e.g., SOSH, not that they're a real rival or anythting) to put up our 5 best posters againt theirs in order to face off in a series of baseball interrogations. Who would you want to represent RedsZone?

My five:

M2
Cyclone792
SteelSD
RedsManRick
SMcGavin

Who would you go to battle with?

I don't think you could go wrong with anyone on RZ. Most of us were the top posters or close on our particular sites before we came here. In fact that's part of the reason we came here because we needed to grow. No other site is close IMO. But I will give props to the O's hangout they do ok there and at least have the same passion we do. So my 5, ahh take your pick and I'll run with them. But here's a 5 that I wouldn't mind traveling to that site with.

VaticanPlum - Passionate, who's not a sucker for her. :thumbup:
OBM - My brotha from anotha motha, we certainly think similiarly when it comes to baseball. Sorry if that offends you OBM. ;) (BTW I'd still take Izturis over Aybar, LOL)!
SteelSD - Argumentative as all get out but interesting & hilarious too (see Non-baseball chatter). Besides who needs more than him to win an argument?
TeamClark - Doesn't say a whole lot but Insightful when he does and down to earth.
Will M - Guy put ME in his top 5, gotta show him some luv for that!

Honorable mentions:
CoffeyBro (very thoughtful person) & Lockdwn11 (He's my bro-in-law & friend).

Screwball
11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Is the question who's the best for general baseball knowledge, or who would be best for general baseball discussions/agruments? Seems to me those are two different skilz.

Definitely the best at discussions/arguments. Remember, you're going against some tough competition (hypothetically of course), so you gotta bring the guns that can fire, not just know how to fire but can't bring it. (Bad analogy, but you get the idea :))

BTW, Doug has the right idea. You're automatically included in my made up competition. The idea is who you'd want to back you up while representing RZ.

BRM
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Raisor has to make the list. All those Nobel Prizes would intimidate any opponent.

Degenerate39
11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
True.

Unless the object is to win!

;)

Are you saying your the Juan Castro of Redszone then? :p: