PDA

View Full Version : 700 WLW reporting changes to Great American Ballpark

robmadden1
11-10-2008, 08:24 AM
I heard this at 7am.

The are going to gut out the 4192 club and redue it. The are going to be replacing the video screens to make then HD the one attached to scoreboard. I hope they replace the scoreboard and make it a real video screen.

Old NDN
11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
They should start with moving the outfield walls back!

ChatterRed
11-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I really hope they demolish the whole place and rebuild Riverfront Stadium. ;)

Eric_the_Red
11-10-2008, 12:22 PM
They should start with moving the outfield walls back!

Agreed. Take out a few rows along the outfield and raise the walls a bit.

BEETTLEBUG
11-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Is their anymore word on restucture of Great American Ball Park?

GoReds33
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Sounds great! The stadium needs some changes. I agree with the previous posters, we need the wall moved back. Putting a wind screen, as Harang suggested, in the gap, would also cut down homers to right.

Ghosts of 1990
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Was scared they'd move the fences back when I first saw this. Phew.

redsfanmia
11-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Its pretty sad that changes have to be made to a ballpark that is 6 years old, thanks Uncle Carl and John Allen for cheaping out on the stadium when it was originally built.

schmidty622
11-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Was scared they'd move the fences back when I first saw this. Phew.

Chicks dig the long ball.

I(heart)Freel
11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
From Friday's Bus Courier... I think they meant 4192 is down the right field line...

The Cincinnati Reds will make a multimillion-dollar investment this offseason in two major improvements to Great American Ball Park by installing a high-definition video scoreboard and renovating a popular stadium club.

The moves are the latest in a series of additions the Reds have made to the ballpark since owner Bob Castellini took over in January 2006. Those include the addition of the Frontgate Outdoor Luxury Suite behind home plate and the Cincinnati Bell Riverboat Deck and Technology Pavilion beyond center field.
Improve facility, fan experience

?They?re looking to make significant improvements to the facility and the fan experience, which we have a common interest in,? said Eric Stuckey, assistant administrator for Hamilton County, which owns the stadium and has to approve major changes.

The Reds plan to gut and revamp the inside of the FSN Ohio Club 4,192, which is down the left-field line and is typically used by fans who have seats in the 300 level, just below the club. The Reds plan to make the space more open than the current layout that includes a large bar in the middle. That could increase its use on non-game days.

schmidty622
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
From Friday's Bus Courier... I think they meant 4192 is down the right field line...

The Cincinnati Reds will make a multimillion-dollar investment this offseason in two major improvements to Great American Ball Park by installing a high-definition video scoreboard and renovating a popular stadium club.

The moves are the latest in a series of additions the Reds have made to the ballpark since owner Bob Castellini took over in January 2006. Those include the addition of the Frontgate Outdoor Luxury Suite behind home plate and the Cincinnati Bell Riverboat Deck and Technology Pavilion beyond center field.
Improve facility, fan experience

?They?re looking to make significant improvements to the facility and the fan experience, which we have a common interest in,? said Eric Stuckey, assistant administrator for Hamilton County, which owns the stadium and has to approve major changes.

The Reds plan to gut and revamp the inside of the FSN Ohio Club 4,192, which is down the left-field line and is typically used by fans who have seats in the 300 level, just below the club. The Reds plan to make the space more open than the current layout that includes a large bar in the middle. That could increase its use on non-game days.

Man they can keep this crap and dump that money back towards the team.

Natty Redlocks
11-10-2008, 06:08 PM

Amen brother. Also, am I the only one who's annoyed they have all this loud video nonsense to "engage the fans" between innings? Like we can't entertain ourselves for 90 seconds? The product is on the field.

BurgervilleBuck
11-10-2008, 09:32 PM
A couple of my friends do production work for the scoreboard. They've already gutted the control room.

</geek>

Stephenk29
11-10-2008, 10:07 PM
The 4192 club wasn't exactly all that and a bag of chips. It was the same as walking to a bar on the mezzine plus some hard stuff. Maybe now it will be worth the $.

bgwilly31
11-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Its pretty sad that changes have to be made to a ballpark that is 6 years old, thanks Uncle Carl and John Allen for cheaping out on the stadium when it was originally built.

6yrs ago there was no HD. They're adding HD score board.

I dont care about the 4192 club. but the HD screen was definitely needed.

redsfandan
11-11-2008, 01:42 PM
6yrs ago there was no HD. They're adding HD score board.

I dont care about the 4192 club. but the HD screen was definitely needed.

x2 i was tempted to comment on that post but held back. the reds want to make some improvements and people want to complain about it. makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

schmidty622
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd rather they improve the team. They could play at knothole field for all I care. Just win baby.

redsfandan
11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
i think they'll do both. i just wouldn't expect TOO much for xmass. ;)

CesarGeronimo
11-11-2008, 02:23 PM

I'll take a wild guess that the new HD video boards have enhanced capabilities for advertising and are intended to generate revenue. That's what often drives "investments" in new scoreboards and video screens.

redsfanmia
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
x2 i was tempted to comment on that post but held back. the reds want to make some improvements and people want to complain about it. makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

I was not complaining about the improvements I was basically saying that Uncle Carl and John Allen cheaped out when they built the stadium.

redsfandan
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
yeah they may have although like it was pointed out by bgwilly31 HD wasn't available at the time. i didn't mean to upset you and i apologize if i did. you could say uncle carl and john allen are like alot of people in that not eveything they did was fantastic. jr came to the reds under their watch and that was a very popular move by many. sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad. hell marge practically crippled the farm system but at the time she was still popular with some fans. but that's the past and what's done is done. maybe now we can look foward to having a better picture of our reds on that new big video screen when they win a playoff spot in 2010. :)

gedred69
11-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Gutting the 4192 club to improve it? How many posters here have access to that elite facility? And aren't the scoreboard and video screens to be up-dated aimed bullseye to the 4192 Club? (Plebecites be damned)!!

Stephenk29
11-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Gutting the 4192 club to improve it? How many posters here have access to that elite facility? And aren't the scoreboard and video screens to be up-dated aimed bullseye to the 4192 Club? (Plebecites be damned)!!

4192 isn't that elite, are you thinking of the Riverfront Club? You have to meet the freaking dress code to get in that one.

OSUredsFAN
11-12-2008, 12:07 AM
This is from Ballpark Digest website:

Reds proposing upgrades to GABP club level, scoreboard
Posted Nov. 10, 2008 (feedback) (submit story) (discuss)
The Cincinnati Reds are proposing major changes to the club level and scoreboard at Great American Ball Park in time for the 2009 season. A new high-def scoreboard from Daktronics is on the agenda, though the details have still to be finalized (the cost should be between $7 million and $10 million). Hamilton County, the owner of the ballpark may be asked to contribute financially. The Reds will pay for a remodeling of the FSN Ohio Club 4,192; the current layout is dominated by a huge bar in the middle of the room, which is open to all ticketholders on the club level. A renovation would allow the club to be open on non-game days. The remodeling has been described to us as a plan to make it more like a pure sports bar -- i.e., lots more flat-panel TVs and perhaps booths.

Ghosts of 1990
11-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I do love our park

I(heart)Freel
11-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Let's take a second to recognize the extreme difference between the pro sports teams in this town and their facilities.

Bengals demand (and have in their contract) that the county pay for just about every improvement.

The Reds under BCast recognize that they inherited a value-engineered stadium, so they are planning improvements every offseason to make the ballpark more inviting. And they're paying for it almost entirely by themselves. (The Bus Cour story I posted quoted the county admin essentially saying exactly that.)

You'll be hard pressed to get a complaint out of me about the Reds' plans. In fact, I applaud them.

:clap:

schmidty622
11-12-2008, 11:55 AM
This is from Ballpark Digest website:

Reds proposing upgrades to GABP club level, scoreboard
Posted Nov. 10, 2008 (feedback) (submit story) (discuss)
The Cincinnati Reds are proposing major changes to the club level and scoreboard at Great American Ball Park in time for the 2009 season. A new high-def scoreboard from Daktronics is on the agenda, though the details have still to be finalized (the cost should be between $7 million and $10 million). Hamilton County, the owner of the ballpark may be asked to contribute financially. The Reds will pay for a remodeling of the FSN Ohio Club 4,192; the current layout is dominated by a huge bar in the middle of the room, which is open to all ticketholders on the club level. A renovation would allow the club to be open on non-game days. The remodeling has been described to us as a plan to make it more like a pure sports bar -- i.e., lots more flat-panel TVs and perhaps booths.

That's money that could bring in a quality starter or RH bat. They could probably come close to resigning Lincoln and Affeldt with that. All so I can see "walks will haunt..." in HD. Good lord.

robmadden1
11-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Sample pic of what are new scoreboard may look like.

http://www.daktronics.com/Photos/2008/August/14/WP-12826_CC-04442.jpg

bgwilly31
11-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Sample pic of what are new scoreboard may look like.

http://www.daktronics.com/Photos/2008/August/14/WP-12826_CC-04442.jpg

schwing. :)

schmidty622
11-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Ewwwwww... thats like 10% baseball content 90% ugly mess of ads. Save your money Bob.

robmadden1
11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
More samples can be found here: http://www.daktronics.com/ProductsServices/PhotoGallery/Pages/default.aspx?PhotoID=WP-10782&filters=Sport,Baseball;ProductCategory,Video;Marke tSolution,Professional%20Sports;

gedred69
11-13-2008, 12:02 AM
4192 isn't that elite, are you thinking of the Riverfront Club? You have to meet the freaking dress code to get in that one.

Hmmmm. You're correct, I was thinking of the Riverfront Club. Where is the 4192 Club then? Is that the area around/behind the Club level seats?

bounty37h
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM

Schmidty, I think this marks the first time you and I have been in 100%+ agreement!!!!!

Stephenk29
11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Hmmmm. You're correct, I was thinking of the Riverfront Club. Where is the 4192 Club then? Is that the area around/behind the Club level seats?

Its on the right side of the stadium. Middle deck, I believe it starts just around the first base area. I've only sat there once. It was a nice seat, especially for Bailey's debute, but not worth the dime for what you are supposed to be getting.

gedred69
11-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Its on the right side of the stadium. Middle deck, I believe it starts just around the first base area. I've only sat there once. It was a nice seat, especially for Bailey's debute, but not worth the dime for what you are supposed to be getting.

Okay, yeah. I think I've sat there a couple of times at someone else's expense on one of those occasions. That's the area where the bar doesn't close in the 7th?

redsfandan
11-13-2008, 11:24 PM
i just don't understand a couple of the comments. just cuz the stadium is improved doesn't mean the team can't/won't be improved too.