PDA

View Full Version : Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

OnBaseMachine
11-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Redszone's Top Prospects

Prospect #1 - Yonder Alonso
Prospect #2 - Todd Frazier
Prospect #3 - Neftali Soto
Prospect #4 - Drew Stubbs
Prospect #5 - Chris Valaika
Prospect #6 - Kyle Lotzkar
Prospect #7 - Daryl Thompson
Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco
Prospect #9 - Juan Duran
Prospect #10 - Chris Dickerson
Prospect #11 - Devin Mesoraco
Prospect #12 - Danny Dorn

Grande Donkey
11-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Y-Rod

OnBaseMachine
11-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I went with Zach Stewart slightly over Roenicke with Yorman and Fisher also getting consideration. The reason I chose Stewart over Roenicke is because Stewart already has command of two plus pitches, whereas Roenicke has a dominant fastball but is still trying gain consistent command of his breaking ball. Both project as dominant setup/closer types in the majors.

mth123
11-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Put me down for Cozart. He's a SS that will still be playing SS if he reaches the big leagues. He showed some promise on offense and that is enough for me at this point.

dougdirt
11-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Went with Zach Stewart. Best reliever in the system, has closer potential with his mid 90's fastball and he came into the minors and dominated right away.

mth123
11-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Went with Zach Stewart. Best reliever in the system, has closer potential with his mid 90's fastball and he came into the minors and dominated right away.

I like Stewart a lot. I have a bunch of guys real close at this point. Can't really argue with just about any of 20 or so guys now.

RedRedhawk
11-11-2008, 11:19 PM
If Ryan Hanigan is good enough to be our starting catcher next year, then I think it is time for him to come of the board.

Mario-Rijo
11-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I like Stewart a lot. I have a bunch of guys real close at this point. Can't really argue with just about any of 20 or so guys now.

I'd agree so many are bunched closely together. But I do think if you look at it from a combined all opposing GM's chair there would be some who you would want over others. That's sorta the way I am currently looking at it. Which IMO is Zach Stewart currently. He's a guy we just drafted and he could be in AA to start the season, which means he could also be in AAA before the season is up. A guy moving that fast should get the attention he's so far forced.

mth123
11-11-2008, 11:31 PM
I'd agree so many are bunched closely together. But I do think if you look at it from a combined all opposing GM's chair there would be some who you would want over others. That's sorta the way I am currently looking at it. Which IMO is Zach Stewart currently. He's a guy we just drafted and he could be in AA to start the season, which means he could also be in AAA before the season is up. A guy moving that fast should get the attention he's so far forced.

Don't completely disagree, but Stewart can't be traded until late in the year so I didn't give that a lot of weight. I do think Stewart could fly through the org quickly.

REDblooded
11-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Yorman this time, Stewart next.

AmarilloRed
11-12-2008, 01:57 AM
It's time for Ramon Ramirez, our #5 starter next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a ERA under 4 and won 15 games next year. I'm pretty high on him, however.

RED VAN HOT
11-12-2008, 02:03 AM
It was between Stewart and Heisey for me. Stewart is potentially a plus middle reliever. I like the K's and GB%. The sample size is small, however. Thus, I went with Heisey. He has been consistent through all levels and seems to be improving as he moves up; high SB percent; plus defense. Heisey should start against LHP and be available as PH, PR and/or defensive replacement otherwise. I think he could get 300 ABs.

My outfield in 2010: Dorn/Heisey in left; Bruce in right; Stubbs/Dickerson in center. Beat RHPs with power; beat LHPs with speed and defense. Yes, that leaves two LH first basemen. Among Dorn, Alonzo, and Votto, one would have to be traded. But then, all should have high trade value.

dougdirt
11-12-2008, 02:14 AM
It was between Stewart and Heisey for me. Stewart is potentially a plus middle reliever. I like the K's and GB%. The sample size is small, however.

Stewart is a potentially plus middle reliever? I think you are selling his potential extremely short.

*BaseClogger*
11-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Ramon Ramirez. Relief pitching prospects don't have nearly the value as do guys who are potential starters and near-locks to being an effective reliever...

OesterPoster
11-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I'll keep picking Stewart until he gets chosen. I think he has awesome stuff and command. He's the closer when Cordero is gone.

camisadelgolf
11-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Yorman should be your man for prospect #13. Pun intended.

HokieRed
11-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Y-Rod this time, Hildenbrandt next. EH has highest ceiling among remaining starters.

Danny Serafini
11-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I'll really be happen when Ramon Ramirez gets picked so I can finally vote for someone else.

kheidg-
11-12-2008, 09:50 PM
As far as players who may help us here in the near future, how about adding Tyler Pelland and/or Ben Jukich to the poll at some point.

JayBruceFan
11-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Could Zach Stewart be Ryan Wagner Part 2?

OnBaseMachine
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Could Zach Stewart be Ryan Wagner Part 2?

Yeah, or he could be the next Brad Lidge. Every prospect has a chance of being a bust.

mace
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
My requests for additions to the list, in order, would be Alex Buchholz, Brandon Waring and J.C. Sulbaran.

RED VAN HOT
11-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Stewart is a potentially plus middle reliever? I think you are selling his potential extremely short.

I consider middle relievers very important. Having confidence in a deep bull pen that can be called on early gives a manager flexibility. Few things are more painful than a manager leaving a starter in too long because the pen is thin. I may have erred in presuming that the Reds were grooming ZS for a middle relief role. I noticed that he has finished a number of games, but does not show many saves for his efforts. He certainly has the potential for closing as well. IMO teams need more than one closer. IIRC Myers only had 31 of the 50 saves of the 90 Reds.

OnBaseMachine
11-13-2008, 10:47 PM
This poll is now closed with Yorman Rodriguez winning by five votes. The next poll will be open within a few minutes.

OnBaseMachine
11-13-2008, 10:48 PM
As far as players who may help us here in the near future, how about adding Tyler Pelland and/or Ben Jukich to the poll at some point.

I'll add Jukich but I may hold off for a few more polls before I add Pelland. I believe he underwent some kind of shoulder surgery before the season ended so I don't think he'll garner any votes just yet.