PDA

View Full Version : Donovan McNabb is a freaking moron

WMR
11-17-2008, 10:40 AM
:lol: :laugh:

Remember this is the same guy who scored a 12 on the Wonderlic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MVZg639gJ4

a score of 21 is considered average intelligence, 14 corresponds to the intelligence of an "unskilled laborer" and anything below that means the prospect has two brain cells playing tag.

redsfan30
11-17-2008, 11:31 AM
I saw this on SportsCenter this morning and thought to myself "dude for your sake I HOPE you are kidding".

If he's not and honestly did not know that and does not know what would happen in the Super Bowl.....oh my.....

camisadelgolf
11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
a score of 21 is considered average intelligence, 14 corresponds to the intelligence of an "unskilled laborer" and anything below that means the prospect has two brain cells playing tag.

Here's a site with some Wonderlic scores from NFL QBs. They can't confirm the scores, but the numbers have come from scouts and journalists and whatnot. Ryan Fitzpatrick reportedly got a 38. Ex-North Carolina QB, Oscar Davenport, somehow got a 6.
http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic.htm

WVRed
11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I thought it was funny watching the end of the game. Neither team really knew what to do. Everybody just stood there in shock.

I'd hate to be a hockey fan, when this happens more than every four years.

Dom Heffner
11-17-2008, 03:41 PM
You know, for as often as one would need to know this rule, I don't think his not knowing it has any effect on anything.

And he certainly has fared better than any Bengals QB I can think of.

I'll bet Akili Smith and Tim Couch scored higher than Mcnabb, and which one would you rather have?

deltachi8
11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
I'd hate to be a hockey fan, when this happens more than every four years.

There are no more ties in the NHL

redsfan30
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM
You know, for as often as one would need to know this rule, I don't think his not knowing it has any effect on anything.

I'll bet Akili Smith and Tim Couch scored higher than Mcnabb, and which one would you rather have?

This has nothing to do with his ability level, or really his overall intelligence level. But I'd be willing to bet there is only one player in the National Football League who did not know that there are ties in regular season football, and apparently that one player is Donovan McNabb.

deltachi8
11-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm willing to bet there are many more that do not know the rule.

redsfanmia
11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
This has nothing to do with his ability level, or really his overall intelligence level. But I'd be willing to bet there is only one player in the National Football League who did not know that there are ties in regular season football, and apparently that one player is Donovan McNabb.

I think you are giving the players in the league more credit than they deserve. I bet the percentage of players who did not know this is in double digits.

Boss-Hog
11-17-2008, 06:39 PM
I think you are giving the players in the league more credit than they deserve. I bet the percentage of players who did not know this is in double digits.
Definitely...Chad also admittedly did not know games could result in a tie. I agree with Dom on this one.

cincrazy
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
:lol: :laugh:

Remember this is the same guy who scored a 12 on the Wonderlic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MVZg639gJ4

I don't really think it's fair to question his overall intelligence... the guy has been a very, very good NFL QB for a very long time, with a Super Bowl appearance to boot. Anyone that reaches that level in the NFL isn't doing too poorly for himself.

However, it is absurd that he didn't know the rule. He was in the league in 2002 when the Falcons and Steelers tied, so I fail to see how he didn't know about this.

WMR
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
If you score a 12 on the wonderlic, you are ... ... to put it kindly: not smart.

guttle11
11-17-2008, 08:10 PM
If I could be dumb and be Donovan McNabb, then give me a lobotomy right now.

WMR
11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
If I could be dumb and be Donovan McNabb, then give me a lobotomy right now.

:D

Yachtzee
11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Here's a site with some Wonderlic scores from NFL QBs. They can't confirm the scores, but the numbers have come from scouts and journalists and whatnot. Ryan Fitzpatrick reportedly got a 38. Ex-North Carolina QB, Oscar Davenport, somehow got a 6.
http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic.htm

Cool. With that score, maybe they should bump Fitzpatrick up and make him the new GM.

Redsfaithful
11-17-2008, 10:07 PM

I actually think Akili Smith scored pretty low on the Wonderlic too, if I remember right. Go Bengals.

Boss-Hog
11-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I actually think Akili Smith scored pretty low on the Wonderlic too, if I remember right. Go Bengals.
He did - until he retook it, at his agent's insistence.

WVRed
11-17-2008, 10:56 PM
If you score a 12 on the wonderlic, you are ... ... to put it kindly: not smart.

The Wonderlic is overrated if you look at the link mentioned in this thread.

Most of the starting QB's in the league are in the 20s on a Wonderlic. They might not have the intelligence measured by the test, but they have the mechanics that make them successful.

Here are some starters or former starters I could find:

Matt Ryan:28
Joe Flacco:25.5
Trent Edwards:31
Brady Quinn:29
JaMarcus Russell:24
Matt Leinart:35
Jay Cutler:26
Brodie Croyle:24
Travaris Jackson:19
Vince Young:16
Alex Smith:40
Aaron Rodgers:35
Dan Orlovsky:25
Jason Campbell:23
Derek Anderson:19
Eli Manning:39
JP Losman:31
Matt Schaub:31
Phillip Rivers:30
Ben Roethlisberger:25
Tony Romo:37
Rex Grossman:29
Carson Palmer:25
J.T. O'Sullivan:35
Michael Vick:20
Tom Brady:33
Marc Bulger:29
Chad Pennington:25
Peyton Manning:28

The point is this, most of your successful QB's fall in the 20's. Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Marc Bulger, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, and Chad Pennington are the norms in this case. With the exception of Pennington, the QB's listed have made a living from their arms.

Of the QB's in the 30s and above, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Aaron Rodgers headline that list. There are others to note too. Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Matt Schaub, JT O'Sullivan, Phillip Rivers, and Alex Smith, who scored a 40.

Below 20, you have Vince Young, Derek Anderson, Travaris Jackson, and Donovan McNabb. McNabb may be the only one who has a successful career of the QBs mentioned.

Would I be concerned if the score is below 20? Probably. However, the Wonderlic doesn't really determine how great a QB will be. You need a strong arm as well.

camisadelgolf
11-18-2008, 07:31 AM

The link I posted said he got a 26.

Redsfaithful
11-20-2008, 11:53 PM
The link I posted said he got a 26.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/MooreSports/2006/02/27/Its_A_Wonderlic_Life

That says he got a 15, presumably he retook it and got that 26.

camisadelgolf
11-21-2008, 12:48 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/MooreSports/2006/02/27/Its_A_Wonderlic_Life

That says he got a 15, presumably he retook it and got that 26.

Yeah, but maybe the first 11 points come from writing your name. It could happen to anyone.