PDA

View Full Version : Hallady maybe available

dunner13
11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
According to mlbtraderumors.com the blue jays might make halladay available. Hes got two years and 30 million left on his contract. Not bad for the kind of pitcher he is.

I know were pretty set with pitching but if you bring in halladay hes your ace and he really sets us apart from other rotations in the NL. Im sure the price for him would be high, but if were looking to deal arroyo for a hitter then upgrading the pitching might be needed.

schmidty622
11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
It will never happen for the Reds.

Not only that, but think about what they would have to give up for two years of an Ace pitcher like that. It would not be pretty.

I'd stick with what we got and see if it develops.

RED VAN HOT
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Yet another example of teams trying to trim payroll heading into a rough economy. Toronto is in a position to compete next year. Normally, they would be buyers to sweeten their chances. I'd stick with what we have. The Reds are in a good position.

ChatterRed
11-19-2008, 02:28 PM
I'd atleast ask what the price is, then after I recovered from fainting, stick with what we got.

schmidty622
11-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Yet another example of teams trying to trim payroll heading into a rough economy. Toronto is in a position to compete next year. Normally, they would be buyers to sweeten their chances. I'd stick with what we have. The Reds are in a good position.

Although I can see the other side of the argument, that it is the perfect time to buy because of teams trying to trim payroll and selling players on the cheap.

I just don't see the Reds as players for a player like Burnett, but they could benefit in the trading away of good not great players who might have cheaper replacements on their respective teams.

Jack Burton
11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Halladay is the most valuable pitcher in the majors, complete game beast.

Orodle
11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Hes also been rumored to be available pretty much every season and nothing happens.

NatiRedGals
11-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Give up alot for him though but hes one of the few players that would be worth what your giving up

redsfanmia
11-19-2008, 07:03 PM
If the Reds were close to competing then I would sniff around but since they are not, no thanks.

Chris Sabowned
11-19-2008, 08:55 PM
He's a bit too injury prone for my liking. If we're gonna put all our eggs in one basket again, it better be for a guy who's gonna stay on the field.

Hondo
11-22-2008, 01:14 AM
I wish the Reds would Trade for Jake Peavy and Roy Halladay...

Peavy
Halladay
Harang
Volquez
Cueto

Thats Bad Ass Rotation right there...