PDA

View Full Version : Lance McAlister In Hospital

robmadden1
11-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Lance McAlister, in my opinion the best sports talk host in town, explains why he's been off the air in his blog posting late last night. He writes: "Good news... I'm alive and blogging. Bad news.... I'm in the hospital and need a pacemaker. What a wild couple of days." After experiencing chest pains, he went to the ER on Tuesday -- and fainted. Then he flatlined for 60 seconds. Basically, his life turned into an episode from "House."

Lance, the afternoon host on WCKY-AM (1530 Homer), credits a September column (http://tinyurl.com/5fauzj) by Enquirer baseball writer John Fay about getting a stent for a 90% blockage of an atery for convincing him to go to the ER Tuesday. He'll be blogging and answering emails from the hospital today, then have a pacemaker installed Friday. You can read the whole blog here (http://www.thelotd.com/lance/blog/2008/11/19/thursday?num=5&pg=2). And here's his email (mailto:lance1530homer@fuse.net).

Lance is one (of the many) good guys in broadcasting here. He truly has a big heart. Wish him well, and keep him in your prayers.

And here's my question: If you were Lance's heart doctor, would you advise him not to watch the Bengals-Steelers game tonight? Is his heart strong enough to take it? Is anyone's heart strong enough?

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=5c49394b12564ab6832411d82ad3a991&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a5c49394b12564ab6832411d82ad3a991 Post%3aa2b621fb-bbb3-4c8c-affe-518bacc0d3d7&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

JayBruceFan
11-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Hope he gets through this ok

I'm more worried about him getting back to his family than getting back to the radio at this point

jmac
11-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Hope he gets through this ok

I'm more worried about him getting back to his family than getting back to the radio at this point

True.
Here is to a quick recovery !

REDblooded
11-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Good Luck Lance!!! Favorite radio guy ever!

Ghosts of 1990
11-22-2008, 09:18 AM
One of my very favorites. He is the real article. Godspeed Lance.

Ghosts of 1990
11-22-2008, 09:21 AM
After reading lance's blog:

The guy is having heart problems. Yet he's talking about burgers, french toast, sausage links, and Mcdonald's breakfast in the hospital room.

Anyone else a bit surprised at this?

markymark69
11-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Although I consider Lance as a blowhard, know-it-all, whose teams would never lose if he managed or coached them, and always asks for different opinions and then is condescending when he receives one that is different. I don't want anything to happen to him.

Hope he gets well soon.

I stopped listening a long time for the reasons that I stated above. He is a human being, who's been through a lot with Casey, I wish him God's speed. But, I still won't listen to him once he's get back on the air.

redsfandan
11-22-2008, 11:02 AM
After reading lance's blog:

The guy is having heart problems. Yet he's talking about burgers, french toast, sausage links, and Mcdonald's breakfast in the hospital room.

Anyone else a bit surprised at this?

:laugh: :rolleyes: change is a little harder for some people. hopefully he'll work on that.

Ohioballplayer
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
if you read it was all stress related no heart disease or anything like that, get well soon Lance!!!!