PDA

View Full Version : Farting Against the Law?

RedlegJake
11-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Student arrested for 'passing gas' at Fla. school

Nov 24 08:12 PM US/Eastern

STUART, Fla. (AP) - A student at a Florida school has been arrested after authorities said he was "passing gas" and turned off his classmates' computers. According to a report released Friday by the Martin County Sheriff's Office, the 13-year-old boy "continually disrupted his classroom environment" by intentionally breaking wind. He then shut off some computers other students were using.

The Spectrum Junior-Senior High School was arrested Nov. 4.

A school resource officer placed the boy under arrest after he confessed about his behavior, according to the report. He was charged with disruption of school function and released to his mother.

___

OK. Now I know we've lost it. Call the kid to the principal's office. Give him detention. Send him home for the day. But place him under arrest? Am I just old and out of touch or does this seem ridiculous?

Degenerate39
11-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I should've gotten the death penalty in high school then

Emin3mShady07
11-24-2008, 10:19 PM
That seems a bit unecessary to me. The kid was thirteen and he didn't really break any true laws, farting is not illegal as I understand it, but it could violate the code of conduct at the high school so he could be suspended but arrested? C'mon. That's crossing a line.

NorrisHopper30
11-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Sounds like something that might be detention worthy, but closer to just sending him into the hall.

Stephenk29
11-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I have students I wish would get arrested. To bad the rest of the world isn't as dumb as this place.

Emin3mShady07
11-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I have students I wish would get arrested. To bad the rest of the world isn't as dumb as this place.

But do you want them arrested because they can fart on command, or because they have much less desirable qualities than farting? (This sounds funny if you read it, but I am trying to be serious)

MrCinatit
11-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Student arrested for 'passing gas' at Fla. school

Nov 24 08:12 PM US/Eastern

STUART, Fla. (AP) - A student at a Florida school has been arrested after authorities said he was "passing gas" and turned off his classmates' computers. According to a report released Friday by the Martin County Sheriff's Office, the 13-year-old boy "continually disrupted his classroom environment" by intentionally breaking wind. He then shut off some computers other students were using.

The Spectrum Junior-Senior High School was arrested Nov. 4.

A school resource officer placed the boy under arrest after he confessed about his behavior, according to the report. He was charged with disruption of school function and released to his mother.

His gas turned off the computers!!??!! Holy crap!

camisadelgolf
11-25-2008, 10:20 AM
His gas turned off the computers!!??!! Holy crap!

Literally, that's what the article says. I'd fire that editor, personally.

GAC
11-26-2008, 03:36 AM
There goes my hobby.

nate
11-26-2008, 09:33 AM
There goes my hobby.

Does this somehow tie into the "7 most annoying people at Thanksgiving" thread, GAC?

Yachtzee
11-26-2008, 01:25 PM
It's not necessarily the passing gas that is the problem, but rather the general course of conduct indicating the intention to disrupt class. People get charged with Disorderly Conduct for all kinds of odd behavior. It's not the behavior itself that's the problem, it's the intent behind it.

GAC
11-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Does this somehow tie into the "7 most annoying people at Thanksgiving" thread, GAC?

The Greeks break dishes. I break gas. It's a complimentary gesture saying that was one great meal.

And besides.... wouldn't this be a 1st Amendment issue? :lol:

nate
11-27-2008, 11:14 AM
The Greeks break dishes. I break gas. It's a complimentary gesture saying that was one great meal.

And besides.... wouldn't this be a 1st Amendment issue? :lol:

It could be.

It could also violate the Geneva Convention(s).

Stephenk29
11-29-2008, 02:50 AM
But do you want them arrested because they can fart on command, or because they have much less desirable qualities than farting? (This sounds funny if you read it, but I am trying to be serious)

the latter.
:p:

SunDeck
11-29-2008, 07:07 AM
There goes my hobby.

Dads are exempt from prosecution on this one.