PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Jr. being looked at by 9 teams

robmadden1
11-26-2008, 02:05 AM
9 teams have had talks to try and get Griffey most are American league teams.

Got this info from SiriusXM Home Plate.

redsfandan
11-26-2008, 02:31 AM
although i doubt that 9 teams are actually seriously considering him. probably only a few with some more taking a look with the idea of him possibly being a fallback option. should be interesting to see just how much less he'll be paid.

Emin3mShady07
11-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I love griffey, but he really isn't that good anymore, honestly I'd say Chris Dickerson is going to be more valuable all around than griffey this year, especially with defense in the equation. Between Cincy and Chicago last year, Griffey posted roughly a .780 OPS. Dickerson's career minor league OPS is .778 and he has been trending upward his last couple of seasons in the minors. And there is no question about defense, griffey is very, very bad on D now. OTOH, Griffey was adversely affected by BABIP based his LD %,http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/stats/players/index.php?playerId=327&firstName=Ken&lastName=Griffey%20Jr., so who knows, he could bounce back, but he is 38 going on 39, which isn't really an age that you start to turn it around again.

Ghosts of 1990
11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
If teams can afford him he will probably sell some tickets, if the team isn't going to be a major contender. Griffey is still a draw outside of Cincy.

Chris Sabowned
11-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Apparently three of the teams are even national league teams. I wonder who. Either way I hope he gets a starting gig somewhere. He should get a nice ovation whenever he returns to Cincinnati as a visitor.

E. Davis 44
12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
im sure Jim Bowden placed a call...

indyredleg
12-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Griffey has trended towards mediocrity the last few years. Good luck to whoever it might be that gets him. He can still sell tickets but the truth is he is a good bat that is useless in the field.

More than likely he will be hit and miss with his playing time due to injury. He would sell alot of jerseys though at the team store.

I could see the 3 teams being San Fran / Pittsburgh / Atlanta

ChatterRed
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
The Reds are looking to bring Griffey in just for moral support on the bench. Adam Dunn too!!!!