PDA

View Full Version : MLB Network

UPRedsFan
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Does anyone have information about where MLB Network will be offered? Is it a satellite TV or Cable offering and which areas?

Carin4Narron
11-26-2008, 04:56 PM
I read the other day that it will be offered on the Time Warner's digital line up.
It sucks for those who just have standard expanded cable.

HalMorrisRules
11-27-2008, 06:58 AM
MLB Network learns from NFL's mistakes (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/nov/13/mlb-network-learns-from-nfls-mistakes/)

redsfan1966
11-27-2008, 06:55 PM
does anyone know if WOW cable will have the MLB network?.....that is my provider and I want MLB net bad....

GoReds33
11-27-2008, 11:43 PM
I read the other day that it will be offered on the Time Warner's digital line up.
It sucks for those who just have standard expanded cable.Thanks, I have been wondering if I will get it. That sounds like a ton of fun!

Ghosts of 1990
11-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Launcing first few days of January 2009, they're trying to land Bob Costas as well.

Now I wonder if their will be a MLB Network game of the night or how they'll work that.

That would be a very good idea IMO. This network should hire me. I could make fans happy and help it be a success :) haha

GoReds33
11-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I think that Bob Costas would be huge. He's the difference between a NFL network type, and a great network.

Ghosts of 1990
11-28-2008, 10:55 AM
There could be a trickle down effect from this network as well. Maybe we finally see ESPN step it up with their baseball tonight program and return to the things that made it a great show in the 90s.

The best program for baseball on now is This Week in Baseball but I rarely catch it working saturdays all year.

Also Fox Sports Net has a weekly show that is pretty solid as well.

schmidty622
11-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Eww This Week in Baseball is terrible.

But I do agree, Baseball Tonight used to be the best thing going. Now it is also terrible.

Ghosts of 1990
11-28-2008, 12:07 PM

But I do agree, Baseball Tonight used to be the best thing going. Now it is also terrible.

I dont know why, TWIB reminds me of being a kid. The nostalgia of it brings me back.

But it hasn't been the same either since Mel Allen left. Still better then The Tim Mccarver Show

RedsFan74
12-02-2008, 10:52 AM

Bring back The Baseball Bunch!!

redsfanfalcon
12-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Bring back The Baseball Bunch!!

I loved that show and JB. I remember getting a Baseball Bunch t-shirt for my birthday. I was stylin. :cool:

TDHND
12-03-2008, 11:12 AM
i have dish network and don't see it listed on that site

fadetoblack2880
12-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Take Kruk and a couple other idiots off BBTN(take your pick on who should be gone, they all suck) and i could stand to watch that show again.

HalMorrisRules
01-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Debut is tonight in ~40 minutes at 6 PM Eastern. Channel 213 for those of us with DirecTV.

Jr's Boy
01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I have it listed on my digital cable,but does it cost a fee to watch the channel?

HalMorrisRules
01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
My guess would be that, if it is in a digital tier that you already receive, there would be no additional fees for the MLB Network but YMMV.

highheat11
01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't about anyone else, but I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to see/hear from Barry on a regular basis.

robmadden1
01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I love seeing Barry Larkin part of the debut show for Hot Stove.

redsfan1966
01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
If anyone out there has WOW cable---please flood their e-mail box for them to pick up the MLB Network. I would like to keep WOW---customer service is the best I have ever experienced for a cable provider---but if they dont have MLB Net by April--I may have to switch to Direct TV.

NatiRedGals
01-01-2009, 06:23 PM
im depressed no hd for TWC but atleast we have the channel! LOL

Hybrid
01-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I really enjoyed the debut of the Hot Stove show. Larkin, Reynolds, and Leiter seemed to have good chemistry between them.

Redsfanao
01-01-2009, 07:51 PM
If anyone out there has WOW cable---please flood their e-mail box for them to pick up the MLB Network. I would like to keep WOW---customer service is the best I have ever experienced for a cable provider---but if they dont have MLB Net by April--I may have to switch to Direct TV.

I agree. I'm a WOW customer too and have been very impressed with their cable and internet and customer service. But, like you I will switch if they don't have MLB Network by the start of baseball season. I've e-mailed them already. I think I'll try calling too.

redsfan1966
01-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Redsfanao----Keep me updated....the only problems I have had with WOW are when I signed up originally the sales rep led me to believe that their coverage of the NFL Net would include the Thursday nite package (it didnt) and that they would continue to carry the ppv sports packages---(Home Ice, Extra Innings; and they didnt)...but they cut me a heck of a deal price wise and their service is light years ahead of TWC and Insight (who I had before WOW)...

reds77
01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I definitely loved the opening show. Was good to see Barry, I've always enjoyed Reynolds, and Leiter added a good perspective.

Bip Roberts
01-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Reynolds annoying as always

Kingspoint
01-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I love seeing Reynolds back as the erroneous lawsuit against him was dropped by ESPN after he was found innocent of all charges.

Reynolds is one of the classiest guys in all of sports.

Chi-Town Red
01-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I love Harold Reynolds too...cant wait to see more of the show!

mroby85
01-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Reynolds was a GREAT pickup for this show! I really hated to see him go from baseball tonight, and really missed him. I was glad to see he was on the network, although I didn't get to see much of the show since the BCS games were on all day.

fourrunhomer
01-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I have dish network and when I called and finally got to talk to someone from a land far far away, who could barely understand me and I him, I was told that they are very sorry but they do not have that channel. But, they are trying to get it. It would have been nice to have been able to talk to someone not so far far away who actually knew what MLB Network is. I keep Dish Network though because FSN Cincy is the sport channel I get with it unlike the local cable company. At one time I had Direct TV and got FSN PIT as my channel so I got the FSN package and still got the Reds games blacked out. That was a big waste of money.

Wallyposter
01-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Fourrunhomer: I am also a DishNetwork subscriber and get it because here in Indianapolis, FSN Cin gives me almost all of the Reds games. I went to the MLB network site today to see if Dish is carrying it and found they do not. There is a link you can click on that allows you to send a personalized email to DishNetwork and ask them officially to start carrying MLB Network. I asked them to carry MLB Extra Innings and MLB Network. Let's keep them busy with emails and hopefully they will add this programming.

fourrunhomer
01-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Wallyposter, Have you ever tried to call Dish about anything? First of all, hitting the right buttons to actually get a human is hard enough, and then being able to communicate with the person is even worse. Outsourcing is not a good thing when it comes to customer service. But, getting FSN Cincy makes it worth while being able to watch the Reds.
I haven't been on the MLB network sight yet, but I definitely will in order to request Dish to start carrying it. I'm looking forward to seeing their nightly highlight show. Hopefully it will be good. I cannot stand watching ESPN. I'm glad to see that I am apparently not the only one. I want to see game highlights and not a bunch of blowhards giving their opinions for the sake of ratings. Give me information and highlights, leave out the rest. Hopefully MLB Network will get it right and DishNetwork will pick it up.

fourrunhomer
01-02-2009, 12:26 AM
I just sent the email to DishNetwork via MLB Network. It only took about two minutes. Anybody else who has DishNetwork please do the same thing. I would imagine the more requests they get the better our chances of getting the network.

improbus
01-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I watched a little of Don Larson's Perfect Game, which was fun. No helmets, crazy swings, baggy flannel...good times. I am also looking forward to seeing Ken Burns' baseball again. It has been years. The channel has a lot of potential.

reds1869
01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I just sent the email to DishNetwork via MLB Network. It only took about two minutes. Anybody else who has DishNetwork please do the same thing. I would imagine the more requests they get the better our chances of getting the network.

I sent one too. I customized it a bit to complain about the way they took away Gol TV and made some lame "well you still get soccer on FSC" comment. Won't amount to anything, but it made me feel better. :)

fourrunhomer
01-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Herd Fan, Do I see you post on Herd Nation? I know this isn't about the Reds, but it's is cool to see another Marshall fan on here.

zakthemack
01-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I see that they have 24 scheduled games for Thursday nights, anyone know if they plan on having any other games, or if it's going to be the multicast where they show certain games at certain points? It'd be nice if the offered an a Saturday night marquee match up in primetime, or offered late night west coast games so that they could have more exposure here in the east.

reds1869
01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Herd Fan, Do I see you post on Herd Nation? I know this isn't about the Reds, but it's is cool to see another Marshall fan on here.

I'm pretty regular over there. I post under the name C H F. I've been away since the season-ending meltdown, but I'm starting to lurk again. I just couldn't take the negativity that was being slung between the pro-Snyder and anti-Snyer camps!

Wallyposter
01-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Fourrunhomer: Thanks for going to the MLB Network website and sending an email to Dish Network. I know calling customer service has its challenges, so I liked the option of sending an email to request the MLB Network programming. I agree with you, the more people we can get to contact Dish, the better our chances. Thanks for your help!

reds1869
01-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Fourrunhomer: Thanks for going to the MLB Network website and sending an email to Dish Network. I know calling customer service has its challenges, so I liked the option of sending an email to request the MLB Network programming. I agree with you, the more people we can get to contact Dish, the better our chances. Thanks for your help!

I agree, bombard them. At the very least they will realize there are in fact sports fans who haven't jmped to DirecTV yet. If they value our business, they should listen.

Chi-Town Red
01-03-2009, 09:14 AM
anyone else not getting the 213 MLB HD channel...i got it the first night and only the analog 213 now?

Hybrid
01-03-2009, 09:41 AM
anyone else not getting the 213 MLB HD channel...i got it the first night and only the analog 213 now?

I still have it.

dunner13
01-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know what games they are broadcasting. I have read that they are broadcasting 26 games on thursday or saturday nights. But is that really all they are broadcasting, seems like they should be able to show one every night.

Hybrid
01-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know what games they are broadcasting. I have read that they are broadcasting 26 games on thursday or saturday nights.

I don't think the schedule has been released yet.
Has anyone heard if they are going to be "blacking out" out of market games on Thursday's and Saturday's like FOX and ESPN do when they carry a game on Saturday afternoon and Sunday night? I sure hope not.

timothy1
01-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't have cable but being watching the channel at my parents and in laws house and...

I ... am ... impressed...

I like it...

Can't wait until this season gets under way, or even the spring training to see what they'd do...

jmac
01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I agree, bombard them. At the very least they will realize there are in fact sports fans who haven't jmped to DirecTV yet. If they value our business, they should listen.

I switched to dish in november cause they "had" the MLB EI package at that time listed on their site. Anyway I just emailed them earlier tonight complaining that some of us baseball fans would love this channel.
Part of their answer said :

We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration

Also I have called them several times on this. Let's just keep calling etc to get this added.

HalMorrisRules
01-18-2009, 11:28 PM
For those of us with the channel, tomorrow (Monday) night at 10PM they are having a special where all of the WBC rosters will be announced.

reds1869
01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I just switched to Time Warner solely to get this channel. For reasons that will go unstated I won't switch to DirecTV, so TWC it is. I am loving MLB Network so far, and my cable/internet combined is $40 cheaper than just TV was with Dish. I also feel like Time Warner has a superior channel lineup for my needs (Cincy HD locals--yeah!).