Edskin
11-26-2008, 06:24 PM
www.edkleese.blogspot.com

Last Week: 10-6
Season: 117-58-1
Record Picking Redskins Games: 6-5
Against the Spread: 23-22-2
Lock of the Week: 6-5-1

Last Week's Pats: After a real rough go of things, I've hit my lock of the week for the second week in a row, thanks to the Steelers covering against Cincinnati. I also correctly predicted the exact score of the Redskins-Seahawks game.

Last Week's Apologies: I was really confident that Green Bay would win outright and cover the spread in New Orleans. Then, their defense went into shambles and the Saints won the game going away. I also must apologize to the Jets, who I did not see handing Tennessee their first loss of the season. And when the Lions took a 17-0 lead over Tampa, I was looking like a genius. If only they'd stopped the game right there.

This Week's Picks:

Tennessee at Detroit: I keep telling people that the Lions will not go 0-16. We're beginning to run out of chances.....

Titans 27, Lions 10

Seattle at Dallas: The Seahawks are continuing a recent trend of the NFL sending sacraficial lambs to Texas Stadium on Turkey Day. Dallas certainly looks rejuvinated with Tony Romo back in the fold.

Cowboys 31, Seahawks 13

Arizona at Philadelphia: On paper, this game looks fairly simple; The Eagles are crashing, and the Cardinals are having their best season in several decades. But Arizona's struggles on the road-- namely on the easy coast are not lost on me, and I am going to continue to doubt them in those spots until they prove differently.

Eagles 23, Cardinals 20

San Francisco at Buffalo: Well, the Bills needed that....a 50 point outburst against the Chiefs most likely has the Bills feeling a bit better, but you've got to wonder if it's not a bit too little, too late. Still, the Bills will win this week and keep their hopes alive.

Bills 24, 49ers 17

Baltimore at Cincinnati: Ryan Fitzpatrick will be spending more time on his back than Paris Hilton after a few martinis.

Ravens 26, Bengals 6

Indianapolis at Cleveland: With Brady Quinn going down for the year, Browns fans may have lost their last bit of motivation for the 2008 season. For some reason, I have a funny feeling the Colts mess around in this game and almost blow it, but hold on for the win.

Colts 22, Browns 19

Carolina at Green Bay: I've been hitting and missing (mostly missing) with the Packers this year, and I find their 5-6 record at this point to be a definite disappointment. But I really don't like what I see from the Panthers right now, and homefield will make the difference here.

Packers 28, Panthers 24

Miami at St. Louis: Are the Rams even trying at this point?

Dolphins 27, Rams 14

New Orleans at Tampa Bay: I'm officially sold that the Bucs are the best team in the NFC South. Drew Brees is a great player, and deserving of MVP consideration, but I don't think the Saints defense will be able to keep pace.

Bucs 24, Saints 20

New York Giants at Washington: All intangibles favor the Redskins this week: The Redskins are due to win a game at home; the Giants are due to lose a game, period; the Sean Taylor pre-game ceremony will provide an emotional lift; the game is more important for Washington; the Giants may have some key injuries. With that in mind, there is still one major factor in the Giants favor--they are the better team. Having said that, I'm going with the intangibles this week.

Redskins 23, Giants 20

Atlanta at San Diego: With one team 7-4 and the other 4-7, you'd have a hard time figuring out who was the 5.5 point favorite this week. I think there is a reason for that. I view this as a bad spot for Atlanta.

Chargers 29, Falcons 20

Denver at New York Jets: For two weeks, the Broncos looked like they wanted to contend in the AFC. But after last week's embarrassment, they look like complete pretenders. I think they hang close with the Jets this week, but not close enough.

Jets 30, Broncos 24

Pittsburgh at New England: Matt Cassel is making himself some major money right now. The Patriots offense is starting to click and that has to make the other teams in the AFC pretty darn nervous.

Patriots 27, Steelers 24

Kansas City at Oakland: I'm going with the revenge factor is this riveting battle.

Chiefs 28, Raiders 26

Chicago at Minnesota: Suddenly, this game doesn't look so stinky; both teams are playing decent football right now, and in their last meeting, these two teams staged a highly entertaining shootout. I look for the scoring to come a little less easily this week and for the outcome to be reversed.

Vikings 26, Bears 23

Jacksonville at Houston: ESPN hasn't had much to complain about in regards to their Monday Night schedule this year, so I guess they can live with one dud. But can you?

Texans 19, Jaguars 15

4 To Score

Lock of the Week

Broncos (+9) at Jets. I think the oddsmakers got a little too high on the Jets this week.

2. Patriots (even) vs. Steelers. I generally like home teams in pick em' games.
3. Redskins (+3) vs. Giants. Home team pulls the outright upset.
4. Ravens (-7) vs. Bengals. If the Ravens score 8, they may cover.