PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Redszone!

TeamCasey
11-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't posted on here as much as I used to. I wanted to take the time to wish my RZ friends a wonderful holiday season. :beerme:

TC

RANDY IN INDY
11-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks, TC, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Miss your posts!

KronoRed
11-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Happy Thanksgiving :)

wally post
11-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

RFS62
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

RBA
11-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

OldRightHander
11-28-2008, 01:09 AM
For those who don't know, I am married to a Kenyan. Today we celebrated Thanksgiving with a house full of Kenyans, most of them Luo, the same tribe as my wife and our new President elect. For the most part, it was a typical Thanksgiving, except that the food was a mix of American and Kenyan food, mostly Kenyan since I was the only American present.

For most of the afternoon it was like any other Thanksgiving; we cooked a lot of food, prayed over the meal, ate way too much, watched football until the games got lopsided, and socialized...while the children retired to the basement for quality time with the Playstation. Most of the time people were in small groups talking, mostly about things going on in Africa, which left me somewhat out of the loop, but eventually all of the adults ended up around the living room and one of them spoke up.

He said, "I know this is an American holiday, but the truth is that we all have a lot to be thankful for. We are all in this great country and we can take advantage of the opportunities that America has to offer. I think we should thank God for that."

The whole point of this holiday hit me at that point. Here I had been eating too much food and complaining that the football games were lopsided and not interesting, and then this man who came here from another country stands up and earnestly says that he thanks God for the ability to be here. I became more thankful at that moment myself, glad to not only have a lot of food and friends to spend a day with, but thankful for the opportunities that have been afforded me in this country. I guess viewing America through the eyes of a foreigner made me even more grateful for what I have and where I live. We truly have a lot to be thankful for.

Bob Borkowski
11-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm recycling this thread from last Thanksgiving. We can add our thoughts for 2009 if we so choose.

And besides, the post by OldRightHander (just above this one) is an especially good entry.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

SunDeck
11-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Don't forget your butter basted turkey everyone!

Butter Basted Turkey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNKj-vqweYU)

Redsfan320
11-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, a happy Thanksgiving to you all. This is still my first month here on RZ and I already feel very welcome here. So thanks to all of you for that. BTW, that post by OldRightHander was awesome . :thumbup:
:)

Redsfan320
11-25-2009, 11:18 PM
We baste our turkey in butter. :lol:
No joke.

RANDY IN INDY
11-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Enjoy your turkey, Redszone! Hopefully the turkey won't carry over into the Reds season this year.

RBA
11-26-2009, 09:44 AM
This is the day I dread every year.

My wife's family makes a big to do about their traditional family recipe:

Orange Jello topped with whipped cream and grated cheddar cheese.

The cheese on the Jello doesn't set well with me. I get ill just thinking about it. My wife gets angry with me, because she thinks I'm just trying to be funny when I start a gag reflex.

But if that's the worst part of the day for me, I got a lot to be thankful for.

cincrazy
11-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Happy Thanksgiving my friends.

Even though I know very few of you outside of the internet realm, I'm thankful for this little online community full of good people. Hope you all have a great day.

Redsfan320
11-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Also, it'd be great if you'd list your entire Turkey Day menu. I'll start:

Turkey (of course)
stuffing
mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce
corn
rolls (crescent this year)

DESSERT:
Pumpkin Pie
Hershey's creme pie

A classic, traditional T-giving meal.

TeamCasey
11-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Happy Thanksgiving 2009, Redszone! LOL

GAC
11-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Man! Just finished eating. I'm stuffed. Now we're heading down to Mom's to drop her and my sister off some food because they are both home sick. Then over to my brother's to watch some football. My daughter Rachel is home from college and wants to make the rounds.

The bad news is that my wife is dragging me out shopping tomorrow. ARRRRRGGGHHH!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

nate
11-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm not making a turkey today. Instead:

Rack of lamb
Chestnut, apple, sausage, cornbread and parmesan stuffing
Real yams

Approx. 30 mins to food induced couch confinement!

Redsfan320
11-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Interesting, nate. The stuffing sounds amazing. I'm allergic to yams though. :(

The bad news is that my wife is dragging me out shopping tomorrow. ARRRRRGGGHHH!

Ugh. Good luck man. Are you goin' out at 5 AM?

As for my own after-Thanksgiving plans, I head to Florida tomorrow for two weeks of vacation on an island beach. :D
( I'll still have internet though.)

Ron Madden
11-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I wish each and everyone of you a very happy and safe Thanksgiving.

KronoRed
11-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving :)

x2

KittyDuran
11-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Menu:
Appetizer: Veggie tray

Turkey (of course)
stuffing
mashed potatoes