12-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Just saw it on mlbtraderumors.com it says for two relief prospects

BEETTLEBUG
12-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Why couldn't the Reds of done that?

redsfandan
12-04-2008, 06:14 AM

i think walt would prefer a cheaper (and healthier) ss like bartlett if he were to acquire one.

smoke6
12-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Here's the link to ESPN...
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3744063

I'm a KG fan, too bad I have to hate him now. :D

mound_patrol
12-04-2008, 09:56 AM

The relief pitchers could be of the caliber of a Chris Perez. I wouldn't have wanted to given up a Jared Burton for him.

DTCromer
12-04-2008, 10:24 AM

Because paying KG 6.5 million is a waste of money. AG is much more valuable when healthy.

Emin3mShady07
12-04-2008, 11:10 AM
^^Yeah if the reds traded for Greene, they would have Alex Gonzalez's contract sitting on the bench so they would essentially be paying 12 million for a SS position that would be worth no where near 12 million dollars. They could have tried to deal Gonzalez, but nobody wants that contract.

Bip Roberts
12-04-2008, 11:51 AM

Because the guy isnt good

Hondo
12-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Because the guy isnt good

Whatever Dude!

2007 he hit 27 Homers and 44 doubles... he was hurt last year...

And he must really suck if the Cardinals want him, right?

This is a guy Cincinnati Should have got and used to get Peavy but I guess Alex Gonzalez and Jeff Keppinger are the way to the Pennant...

The Central Gets Better.... The Reds stay.

Bip Roberts
12-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Career .304 obp is something id be totally happy to get. Especially when he is goin to be making almost 7 million and coming off a year where he lost all power in his swing.

The guy is a mental case as well.

redsfandan
12-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Whatever Dude!

This is a guy Cincinnati Should have got and used to get Peavy but I guess Alex Gonzalez and Jeff Keppinger are the way to the Pennant...

i read that since he's been dealt the padres are a little more likely to hold onto peavy for now. sorry hondo:(

Orodle
12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Whatever Dude!

I completely agree. Must not be good enough for the Reds if the Cardinals are interested in him! Gonzalez career OBP is under .300 ....but for some reason everyone on redszone seems to love him. (thats Corey Patterson type numbers).

However I do like Keppinger :)

BLEEDS
12-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Whatever Dude!

Interesting that you bash folks that use that same line of thinking on Keppinger.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Steviejoe
12-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Greene came up with great potential,but somewhere he has lost some of it.Hitting a wall with you fist is not a great way to increase your value.i do like Greene but he's not worth the contract,or the return the would have wanted from cincy.But if you remember his name came up early as a trade canidate.Walt shot it down in a heartbeat.I still agree with REDSFANDAN-GO GET BARTLETT.

redsfandan
12-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Greene came up with great potential,but somewhere he has lost some of it.Hitting a wall with you fist is not a great way to increase your value.i do like Greene but he's not worth the contract,or the return the would have wanted from cincy.But if you remember his name came up early as a trade canidate.Walt shot it down in a heartbeat.I still agree with REDSFANDAN-GO GET BARTLETT.

or instead of a deal for peavy/greene i'd love to have mcgee and brignac from tampa. i'd actually prefer them over peavy/greene. and by ALOT.

Bip Roberts
12-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Brignac hasnt hit much in the higher levels of the minors

Hondo
12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Interesting that you bash folks that use that same line of thinking on Keppinger.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Not that Keppinger was hurt....

Keppinger is not a Full Time player... He is a versatile middle infielder bench player... thats what I said... and said, and said, and said...

fadetoblack2880
12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
In other news, the Reds haven't done anything...

Hondo
12-04-2008, 02:23 PM
In other news, the Reds haven't done anything...

They are on that Plan they started in 1999... couple more years... couple more years...

Cards

Miller check
Greene check

Reds

_______
_______
_______
_______

redsfandan
12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Brignac hasnt hit much in the higher levels of the minors

that's true his stats fell in AA/AAA but i didn't think he'd be an elite ss anyway. more like possibly a hardy/peralta type. but next to greene, brignac is younger, healthier, cheaper and should be able to at least match his stats.

the other half was mcgee over peavy. call me crazy but i'd rather acquire a stud before he reaches his potential. it's alot cheaper. i'd be open to a trade of alonso for a top middle infielder prospect and a sp prospect. we have a solid 1st baseman now. we could use more IF/SP prospects.

Hondo
12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
that's true his stats fell in AA/AAA but i didn't think he'd be an elite ss anyway. more like possibly a hardy/peralta type. but next to greene, brignac is younger, healthier, cheaper and should be able to at least match his stats.

the other half was mcgee over peavy. call me crazy but i'd rather acquire a stud before he reaches his potential. it's alot cheaper. i'd be open to a trade of alonso for a top middle infielder prospect and a sp prospect. we have a solid 1st baseman now. we could use more IF/SP prospects.

I wouldn't move Alonso, that guy might be a left handed Hitting Prince Albert...

ChatterRed
12-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Why trade for a SS when we're looking for a RH power/average hitting LFer?

Why trade for a SS when we're looking for possibly a better fielding, better hitting third baseman?

Weird.

Hondo
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Why trade for a SS when we're looking for a RH power/average hitting LFer?

Why trade for a SS when we're looking for possibly a better fielding, better hitting third baseman?

Weird.

But did you see what St. Louis gave up for Greene, I mean that guy is probably going to have a Great year being in his walk year and 1 year ago from being a 27 Homer - 44 Double Season...

St. Louis knows what they are doing... and at 6.5 Million was worth the Risk...

redsfandan
12-05-2008, 07:02 PM
my point was/is that it's a good idea to deal from an area of strength to improve an area that's weak. on our team, and in the farm system, we have alot of players/prospects for the outfield and corner infield spots. we DON'T have alot of starting pitcher prospects with high ceilings or middle infielder prospects that are projected as starters in the middle.

a couple years ago texas traded teix for top catcher and shortstop prospects. they're still in really good shape at 1st but now they have their future shortstop and an extra catcher alot of people want. now don't ya wish the reds could say that?

Hondo
12-05-2008, 07:07 PM
my point was/is that it's a good idea to deal from an area of strength to improve an area that's weak. on our team, and in the farm system, we have alot of players/prospects for the outfield and corner infield spots. we DON'T have alot of starting pitcher prospects with high ceilings or middle infielder prospects that are projected as starters in the middle.

a couple years ago texas traded teix for top catcher and shortstop prospects. they're still in really good shape at 1st but now they have their future shortstop and an extra catcher alot of people want. now don't ya wish the reds could say that?

Yeah, Texas has First Base all lined out don't they...

And you tell me I live in a Dream World... :rolleyes:

redsfandan
12-05-2008, 07:09 PM
uhh yeah they do. as much as the reds do. the reds have votto and alonso. well texas has chris davis and justin smoak. i'd say they're in pretty good shape there.

Hondo
12-05-2008, 07:19 PM
uhh yeah they do. as much as the reds do. the reds have votto and alonso. well texas has chris davis and justin smoak. i'd say they're in pretty good shape there.

Davis? LOL Please... he is no Joe Votto

Smoak is atleast 3-4 years away...

Votto is here and NOW and Alonso is Advanced....

Next...

redsfandan
12-05-2008, 07:23 PM
ok hondo whatever you say.

Hondo
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM

Finally... You agree... Did you have a V8 just now or something?

Hondo
12-05-2008, 07:27 PM

Actually Davis is a Fine Ball Player... Just need to see more than 80 games out of him... He also struck out like 88 times...

But I was a Dunn Fan so whatever right?>

redsfandan
12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
nah hondo i just don't understand you sometimes. you act like votto/smoak are so much better than davis/smoak. i just don't understand how you can say that.

redsfandan
12-05-2008, 07:32 PM
wow hondo you sure backtracked fast on davis. how about smoak?