PDA

View Full Version : Would this trade with the Blue Jays work

fewfirstchoice
12-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Alex Rios to the Reds and Bailey, Dickerson, Massett, and Stubbs to the Jays.
I know it maybe a little steep of a price to pay but he would be the best CF out there we could get.Or if they want a proven starter give them Arroyo and Dickerson or Stubs and call it a deal. I just think the Reds need to add a great OF for next year.

Hondo
12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I'd do Bailey, Masset, and Dickerson or Stubbs, but not Arroyo...

Nice trade idea though!

12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Rios is a good target, but remember that the Market is soft for anyone with a big contract, so really, Bailey or Arroyo and Masset should be enough. With that contract, that is about what Rios is worth right now.

ChatterRed
12-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I'd love to acquire Rios. I think your offer is a bit steep though. Bailey and Stubbs are former #1 picks and still young. I'd hate to give up both Dickerson and Stubbs.

I think Bailey, Stubbs and either Massett or one of our lower echelon relievers should be fair enough.

I like the idea of a young outfield with Bruce, Dickerson, and Rios.

Steviejoe
12-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Rios in cf on opening day is great for me,Baily,Stubbs and Massett and maybe another prospect from the 10 to 20 range would be great.Some reason i really like Dickerson,last year even on a fly ball out you would notice him on second base.Most players throw down thier bat and trot to first.Somebody tell Walt,go get Rios.

RedLakerFan24
12-05-2008, 03:15 AM
Bailey, Stubbs, and Moloney or Owings should do it, then sign Furcal

Furcal
Phillips
Votto
Rios
Bruce
Encarnacion
Dikerson
Catcher

Emin3mShady07
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
I think Rios would be a solid addition if we get the '06 and '07 Rios. For some odd reason last year his isolated slugging dropped from .214 in '06 and .201 in '07 to .170 in '08. I don't remember him being hurt, so I'm not sure why he suffered such a loss in power. His BABIP and LD% have been in line over the past three years, so it's nothing luck driven that affected his production. I would think Rios would bounce back in '09 and a move out of the pitcher friendly Rogers Centre to GABP would provide at least some benefit to Rios. But here is another thing I don't understand about Rios. Baseball-Reference says that the Rogers Centre favors pitchers, but yet Rios' career numbers are better at home than on the road: Home OPS - .833 Road OPS - .754. That is just mistifying to me. I mean it could work out in favor if Rios came to the reds and hit better at GABP and his numbers were really good, but I still don't understand why Rios hit better at home or why he suffered a drop in production last year.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/thtstats/main/player/index.php?lastName=rios
http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/bsplit.cgi?n1=riosal01

Dunnateher
12-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Jays are dumping. Ramirez, Burton, and Stubbs get it done if we take the whole contract and add a little cash.

Hondo
12-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Jays are dumping. Ramirez, Burton, and Stubbs get it done if we take the whole contract and add a little cash.

I would not ever give up Burton, that guys is Good...

schmidty622
12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I would not ever give up Burton, that guys is Good...

What if it were for Peavy?!?!?!??!?!?!?:cool:

Hondo
12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
What if it were for Peavy?!?!?!??!?!?!?:cool:

Sorry Jared... See ya! :D

Orodle
12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
my favorite topics on redszone ....the "would this trade work?" Always involving us trading all of our expendable players for one good one.

Hondo
12-05-2008, 02:56 PM
my favorite topics on redszone ....the "would this trade work?" Always involving us trading all of our expendable players for one good one.

Dude, I remember in 1999 When everyone said Griffey was going to take all the Best young players... Like Reece, Howington, etc...

I said it would take Cameron and some other expendable parts and it did, but everybody called me nuts... No one ate Crow though... funny how that is...

I ate Crow when I said that Hamilton for Volquez was ma waste of a trading chip... So there ya go...

Orodle
12-06-2008, 12:01 AM
The Griffey trade was an exception....he put the Mariners is a position where it was basically the Reds or lose him for nothing.

Steviejoe
12-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Still like Rios in cf.When does a player stop being a prospect,either when he becomes a major league player,or falters and spends his time searching for triple a teams to play for.Hamilton for Volquez was even as of October 1st,2008.let see what october 1st 2009 brings.Keep Jared,unless we get Peavy.