PDA

View Full Version : Boston Legal

Spitball
12-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Are there any other fans out there? It has to be one of my favorite shows of all-time, and it will certainly be missed in our household after Monday night's final episode.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/AFB47874A5634BF98FF13F7152FED2EA/sneak-peek-1-of-boston-legal-.aspx

remdog
12-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Boston Legal is easily my favorite show over the last couple of years. It's both a comedy and a drama. I often find myself laughing out loud while shaking my head in wonderment.

The cast is excellent and the writing top of the top.

Forget Capt. Kirk, I think Denny Crane is Shatner's best character ever and Shatner does display a fine comedic flair.

When they brought Candice Bergen to the show it took a big step up. She is the glue that holds the story lines together and does it with a dry sense of humor.

There is a cable station that runs three hours of re-runs in a row (I want to say Wednesday nights). I'd rather watch Boston Legal re-runs than watch new episodes of just about any other show.

I wasn't aware that the original episodes end after Monday. Is that correct? Disappointing, if true.

BTW, the building with the clock tower (and I'm sure that Spitball knows this) is called the Custom House. It was, IIRC, built in the '40's----the 1840's! It was the clearing house for customs for the Port of Boston and is on the National Historic Registry. It is currently a completely renovated Marriott timeshare property and is one of the most requested locations for Marriott owners to trade into. It's located on what is called, I believe, 'The Freedom Trail' and, I've been told, a fantastic location to visit many of the historic locations in one of the most historically important cities in the USA.

Rem

Unassisted
12-07-2008, 12:50 PM
I've watched since the first season, but I've been really disappointed with most this season's episodes that I've seen. I'm about three episodes behind in viewing the show on my DVR because the tone of those early episodes really drained my motivation to watch the new ones.

Putting this carefully to avoid pushing the thread over the line on the board's rules on political discussions... there was too much message and not enough comedy in the episodes prior to Election Day. Even though I generally agreed with the message, I felt that providing such a big, overt dose of it made the show much less entertaining. If I wanted such a big dose of issues, I'd watch 60 Minutes. :(

MWM
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I thought the show went way too political in the second season. I stopped watching. I don't like being preached to by Hollywood, regardless of whether I agree or disagree with the ideology being put forth. Spader's character became far too predictable and a little over the top. It was one of those things that was funny at first, but then got old pretty quickly. At least, that's what happened with my viewership, and I doubt I'm the only one.