PDA

View Full Version : Have a Gut Feeling

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Something is going down today.

I(heart)Freel
12-08-2008, 11:20 AM
That's funny....

I just had a gut feeling the Reds would announce Sean Casey is coming back to be a bench player. Could load up on lefties occasionally by resting Dye (or whoever becomes the right handed LFer) and moving Votto out there once a week or so, giving The Mayor an occasional start at first.

Don't know why I thought this... not even sure I want this... but just thought it.

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I'd be fine with that, if the price was right. Better not be our most significant move, however.

Sean_CaseyRules
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd be fine with that, if the price was right. Better not be our most significant move, however.

Here here! :beerme:

But in all seriousness, he would be a great leader in the clubhouse. It would be a great way to establish some leadership, he could help Phillips out a lot with being a leader. Everyone is now looking up to him now that Jr. and Dunn are gone.

Orodle
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Something is going down today.

a gut feeling or you read everywhere about the Dye trade?

SarasotaFan
12-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Here here! :beerme:

But in all seriousness, he would be a great leader in the clubhouse. It would be a great way to establish some leadership, he could help Phillips out a lot with being a leader. Everyone is now looking up to him now that Jr. and Dunn are gone.

looking up to phillips ?? i doubt that.....

Ghosts of 1990
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Come on we're Reds fans. It not like it will be anything big. It's always shuffling deck furniture around on the Titanic.

The Reds "big" move is always signing Gary Majewski to a one year extension. Its pathetic and its not 100% our organization's fault. We cant afford to do what the NY and Boston and LA's of the league do.

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM
a gut feeling or you read everywhere about the Dye trade?

The Dye/Bailey thing is far from consummated, so that may be what happens today. But no, that potential trade was not the genesis of this hunch. I just think something goes down today.

SarasotaFan
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
The Dye/Bailey thing is far from consummated, so that may be what happens today. But no, that potential trade was not the genesis of this hunch. I just think something goes down today.
you could be a weatherman for the news channel here.....

"it might rain today........"

fourrunhomer
12-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I have a gut feeling too...... uh oh.... The flu is going around.

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
you could be a weatherman for the news channel here.....

"it might rain today........"

That's funny.

TheBigLebowski
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Looks like I misinterpreted my gut. It was telling me something was going down tomorrow. Or the next day.

Ghosts of 1990
12-08-2008, 06:35 PM
I been wrong too. No biggie

I(heart)Freel
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
It's only 3pm in Vegas. And besides, everyone knows the real deals are done around the bar and craps table afterhours.

Let's hope for our sake that what happens in Vegas for Walt doesn't indeed stay in Vegas.

stripedwarrior
12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I had a "gut feeling" earlier to. But then I realized that I needed to sit in my other office.;)

gedred69
12-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Baker is quoted as saying Dye's price tag is too high. Seems everybody the Reds talk to want the young talent prospects, and the Reds-----maybe wisely?----don't want to part with any of them. Seems everybody wants the Reds to give up more than they turn around later and accept from another team.