PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade the Reds for the _________?

paulrichjr
12-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Would you trade the entire team (Reds) for ____________________?

I asked my son this question today and I was stunned at some of his answers. I thought it would be fun to ask that on here.

He wouldn't trade the Reds for the Cards, Indians, Yanks, or even the Phillies.

He would trade them for the Red Sox and the Devil Rays.

The Phillies surprised me since they just won the Series. What do you think? Who would you trade the Reds for? (This is minor leagues also - and management) (If you make the trade Dusty goes also....Sorry)

I would trade for the Red Sox, Indians, Devil Rays..those are easy. Not sure beyond that.

TRF
12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Rays, Twins and the Nats

The Nats because I think their farm is finally on track, and I like some of the young position players at the MLB level.

Of course they have NO pitching.

Matt700wlw
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Of course they have NO pitching.

There's a shock ;)

*BaseClogger*
12-08-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll add the NY Mets and Oakland A's to the ongoing list...

OnBaseMachine
12-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Whoa, the Nats? Really? IMO the Nats roster and minor league system is a disaster.

TRF
12-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Whoa, the Nats? Really? IMO the Nats roster and minor league system is a disaster.

I think their minor league system was rated 9th last year by BA. They have made some inroads into Latin America, like the Reds have.

As for their roster, I like the OF alot, especially Dukes. Lots of upside there.

Flores looks like he COULD be a very good catcher, he did show some flashes. He was Rule V guy right?

I dunno, I just kinda like the position they are in. Except for the pitching. That's atrocious.

wheels
12-08-2008, 07:07 PM
The Indians, The A's.

We're just talking players, right?

They'd play in GAB, wear the same uniforms and alla that?

OnBaseMachine
12-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I think their minor league system was rated 9th last year by BA. They have made some inroads into Latin America, like the Reds have.

As for their roster, I like the OF alot, especially Dukes. Lots of upside there.

Flores looks like he COULD be a very good catcher, he did show some flashes. He was Rule V guy right?

I dunno, I just kinda like the position they are in. Except for the pitching. That's atrocious.

The Nationals spent zero dollars on International signings this year. They signed a shortstop for $1.4 million in 2006 and have been quiet since. As for their farm system, when asked recently to describe the Nats farm system, John Sickels simply described it as "yuck".

At the big league level, I like Dukes in the outfield and Milledge has solid tools. Ryan Zimmerman is a good player but they are bare beyond that. Jesus Flores may develop into a decent catcher. Maybe. The pitching staff is AWFUL. Every starter on their roster projects as a 4/5th starter. Ross Detwiler has good stuff but he struggled in High-A this past season. IMO that organization is a mess right now.

wheels
12-08-2008, 07:08 PM
And oh, yeah.

Can I trade Gapper, too?

I really HATE Gapper.

dougdirt
12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
And oh, yeah.

Can I trade Gapper, too?

I really HATE Gapper.

Well there is something we can agree on. That thing is so unnecessary.

GADawg
12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
I'd do any of those deals...if they'd take the Bengals too!

paulrichjr
12-08-2008, 08:27 PM
The Indians, The A's.

We're just talking players, right?

They'd play in GAB, wear the same uniforms and alla that?

Entire organization traded for another. The team would be in Cincy and be named the Reds but if the deal is made with the A's for example you have everyone's favorite GM but you lose Jay Bruce and Dusty.

This made me think a lot about today as well as tomorrow when you think GM and minors.

Mario-Rijo
12-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Rays, Red Sox and the Marlins maybe the A's. Not sure there is anyone else I would even consider.

Falls City Beer
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Cubs, especially if they get Peavy. That's just unfair to the universe.

TRF
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
The Nationals spent zero dollars on International signings this year. They signed a shortstop for $1.4 million in 2006 and have been quiet since. As for their farm system, when asked recently to describe the Nats farm system, John Sickels simply described it as "yuck".

At the big league level, I like Dukes in the outfield and Milledge has solid tools. Ryan Zimmerman is a good player but they are bare beyond that. Jesus Flores may develop into a decent catcher. Maybe. The pitching staff is AWFUL. Every starter on their roster projects as a 4/5th starter. Ross Detwiler has good stuff but he struggled in High-A this past season. IMO that organization is a mess right now.

That's what makes them fun. I'd like to tear them apart and build em right. But I guess as a fan I see your point.

Still really like Dukes. He could be a star.

Mario-Rijo
12-08-2008, 11:01 PM
That's what makes them fun. I'd like to tear them apart and build em right. But I guess as a fan I see your point.

Still really like Dukes. He could be a star.

Or an axe murderer. :D

Krusty
12-09-2008, 03:41 AM
How about the Oakland Raiders? Most dysfunctional team in sports.

Topcat
12-09-2008, 04:01 AM
I would trade all Red's minus Cueto and Bruce and Votto for Seattle's Mariner's or Florida Marlins or boston Redsox minus any 5 guys they would want to keep.

TRF
12-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Or an axe murderer. :D

Axe murderers with an .864 OPS and 13 HR's in 276 AB's are rare.

He's got a special bat. He's a K machine, but drew 50 BB's last year. And he swiped 13 bases too. His ceiling is pretty high. Jimbo fleeced TB on that one, though purely by accident as he attempts to acquire one OF from every team.