PDA

View Full Version : Frenchy?

wojo1025
12-09-2008, 12:58 AM
10:52pm: MLB.com's Mark Bowman says the Reds "may have some interest in Jeff Francoeur." However, the Braves don't want to move him.

Ghosts of 1990
12-09-2008, 01:18 AM
I knew it

wojo1025
12-09-2008, 01:19 AM
He tends to swing and miss a little...not sure that's the direction this team needs to go!

NorrisHopper30
12-09-2008, 01:21 AM
No

Bip Roberts
12-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Id rather get a sexually transmitted disease than trade for him.

Emin3mShady07
12-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Francoeur has posted OPS's of .742, .782, and .653 in his last three years in the majors which is really bad, especially for a corner OF. He was unlucky with BABIP last year, but even with an adjustment, his numbers would still sit around an OPS of .740. He does :eek: sometimes :eek: play plus defense, but it has been very erratic of late, and he was actually one of the worst defensive RF this season, but from 05-07 he was +24 plays according to the fielding bible. His offense is just atrocious and he is not enough of a defensive wizard to merit his lack of offensive production, especially if he has another 2008 where his defense is not only not above average, but well below average.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/thtstats/main/player/?lastName=francoeur&firstName=

In Frenchie's best year, 2007, he posted a VORP of 17.9 runs and was +10 plays in the field, so he was 25 runs better than the average replacement right fielder, and that was by far his best year. In 2006 he had a VORP of -1 and was just mediocre in RF. 2008 his VORP was -17.8 runs and he was -17 plays in the field for a grand total of -30.5 runs, so I think it would be best if the reds stay far, far away from Frenchie.

VORP courtesy of BP

DTCromer
12-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Franceour is Dunn with defense. How can some of you NOT want him?

Bip Roberts
12-09-2008, 02:03 AM

I dont even see how you could remotely make that connection

DTCromer
12-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I dont even see how you could remotely make that connection

They both swing and miss a lot. Dunn hits a few more homers, makes more baserunning mistakes, is fatter and lazier.

SUre Jeffy hasn't been too good these past few years, but people who want Dunn here should be happy to have Francoeur. A change of scenery would do Jeffey well. . . kinda like Homer.

Bip Roberts
12-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Francoeur wishes he had half the BB rate of adam dunn.

Emin3mShady07
12-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Francoeur wishes he had half the BB rate of adam dunn.

And isolated power, and talent, and....this list could go on forever.

Dunn>>>Francoeur, its not even close.

REDblooded
12-09-2008, 02:34 AM
And isolated power, and talent, and....this list could go on forever.

Dunn>>>Francoeur, its not even close.

really it is.....

pass on both.

RedLakerFan24
12-09-2008, 03:21 AM
i would like him but for the right price

Newman4
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Looking at the FX Chart from dougdirt on ORG, it looks like Franceour misses everywhere.

Red in Atl
12-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!

wojo1025
12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Royals, Braves Talk Francoeur-Greinke Swap?
By Tim Dierkes [December 9 at 9:01am CST]

According to one National League executive, the Kansas City Royals and Atlanta Braves have had serious discussions about a trade that would send outfielder Jeff Francouer to the Royals for pitcher Zack Greinke. The same source said he believed the teams were close to executing the deal, but that Atlanta was holding up any and all trade discussions until the Braves had a resolution of their pursuit of right-hander A.J. Burnett.

I'd be surprised to see this happen without the Braves adding significant pitching to their offer for Greinke. But in general I am skeptical that anything like this is close, even given the Burnett contingency. We probably would've heard some rumbling from Dave O'Brien, Mark Bowman, Bob Dutton, or Dick Kaegel.

Please KC, take him before the Reds make this mistake!

Newman4
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Heck, if Greinke is on the market, why not target him? Forget about the Frenchy discussion.

Hondo
12-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Royals, Braves Talk Francoeur-Greinke Swap?
By Tim Dierkes [December 9 at 9:01am CST]

According to one National League executive, the Kansas City Royals and Atlanta Braves have had serious discussions about a trade that would send outfielder Jeff Francouer to the Royals for pitcher Zack Greinke. The same source said he believed the teams were close to executing the deal, but that Atlanta was holding up any and all trade discussions until the Braves had a resolution of their pursuit of right-hander A.J. Burnett.

I'd be surprised to see this happen without the Braves adding significant pitching to their offer for Greinke. But in general I am skeptical that anything like this is close, even given the Burnett contingency. We probably would've heard some rumbling from Dave O'Brien, Mark Bowman, Bob Dutton, or Dick Kaegel.

Please KC, take him before the Reds make this mistake!

If Grienke is available and Walt isn't in on it.... What the Helk? He should be trying to add him...

And if Dayton Moore is stupid enough to give Greinke to the Braves, his former organization for Francouer, Dang... What a Bad Deal...

Ghosts of 1990
12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
For those of you who say Francoeur and Dunn are similar, thats a slam to Dunn. Francoeur has nowhere near the track record that Adam Dunn has; no where near as proven a commodity.

Keep in mind that Francoeur will command more money than Dunn most likely when its time for him to break the bank as it is now time for Dunn to go for his hallmark contract.

And I'm a guy who'd like to see us get Jeff and add him to this team..... more then Dye anyways.

Orodle
12-09-2008, 02:37 PM

You obviously know nothing about Franceour. Hes got defense but no stick like Dunn. He was just Atlanta's new golden boy that was hot few a few months and everyone jumped on his wagon.

Hondo
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
You obviously know nothing about Franceour. Hes got defense but no stick like Dunn. He was just Atlanta's new golden boy that was hot few a few months and everyone jumped on his wagon.

Yeah... Thats is a laughable comparison... Frankenstein is no ADAM Dunn...

Who the Reds should consider resigning him...

redsfandan
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
i'd be really surprised if this deal was made. franceour has fallen alot in the last few years and greinke has become the stud pitcher that he always had the potential to become. kc needs greinke alot more than frenchy. one for one this would be a terrible trade for kc.

roby
12-09-2008, 05:31 PM
i'd be really surprised if this deal was made. franceour has fallen alot in the last few years and greinke has become the stud pitcher that he always had the potential to become. kc needs greinke alot more than frenchy. one for one this would be a terrible trade for kc.

Is Greinke doing what Homer Bailey will be doing in a year or two?

redsfandan
12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
well my name isn't nostradamus so all i can say is i hope so? (and on the reds too)

TheNext44
12-09-2008, 11:53 PM
I could be wrong, but I read somewhere that Franceour was actually less productive last year than Patterson. If he wasn't he was real close. The guy swings at everything. You couldn't walk him if you threw four pitches to the backstop. I think he started his career with the record for most PA"s without a walk.

Ghosts of 1990
12-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Is Greinke doing what Homer Bailey will be doing in a year or two?

YEAH BABY! Thats what I'm talkin about.

Homer Bailey is gonna make it here yet!