PDA

View Full Version : Mark Patrick no longer on BBTM

RANDY IN INDY
12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Anyone, here, upset with Sirrius decision not to renew Mark Patrick's contract on Baseball this Morning? I really looked forward to listening to Patrick and Buck Martinez every morning. It was the best baseball radio show that XM had, in my opinion. I e-mailed Mark yesterday, and told him how much that I missed his show in the mornings, and he replied with a very nice e-mail. (My family could possibly be moving to Indianapolis in the not too distant future and he even volunteered to help me with getting Matt, my son, on the right baseball team in the area if we move. What a great guy!)

Anyway, I really miss the show. I listened nearly every morning since it's inception. It was something that I looked forward to every day. I thought Mark Patrick was a great host. I hope he ends up on the new MLB Channel in some way.

George Anderson
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Anyone, here, upset with Sirrius decision not to renew Mark Patrick's contract on Baseball this Morning? I really looked forward to listening to Patrick and Buck Martinez every morning. It was the best baseball radio show that XM had, in my opinion. I e-mailed Mark yesterday, and told him how much that I missed his show in the mornings, and he replied with a very nice e-mail. (My family could possibly be moving to Indianapolis in the not too distant future and he even volunteered to help me with getting Matt, my son, on the right baseball team in the area if we move. What a great guy!)

Anyway, I really miss the show. I listened nearly every morning since it's inception. It was something that I looked forward to every day. I thought Mark Patrick was a great host. I hope he ends up on the new MLB Channel in some way.

Mark is incredibly talented but I know many people from his hometown of Brownsburg, numerous people from the travel team the Indiana Bulls that he is involved with and numerous people who worked with him at WISH TV8 and the "Bob and Tom Show" and they all pretty much say that he is anything but a good guy. In fact I would be very hard pressed to find someone who didn't say he wasn't a complete pompous, arrogant ass.

RANDY IN INDY
12-09-2008, 11:46 AM
I only can go on the way that he responded to my e-mail. Seemed very genuine to me and was a great host on the show.

hebroncougar
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I didn't know the show had not been renewed. That sucks. It was one of my favorite, along with Charlie Steiner's afternoon show. I always enjoyed the power locks on the way to work, and even had a version of my own with a couple buddies.

TOBTTReds
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
I thought he was a goof. "The Big Chair." It all seemed like an act that I wasn't sure where he was coming from. I didn't dislike the whole schtick, but wasn't too entertained...though I guess he did have 3 hours to fill.

Unassisted
12-09-2008, 01:14 PM
MLB's probably working to integrate its radio programming with the new MLB TV network. Maybe a bigger name will soon be announced as a replacement?

Joseph
12-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Is the program still on, just without Mark? I haven't listened to my XM in a month due to work things.

RANDY IN INDY
12-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Stiil on with a different host. Not good.

Jpup
12-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Stiil on with a different host. Not good.

Somehow Rob Dibble has a job. He's awful. Kevin Kennedy got moved to the night time program and he's awful too.

hebroncougar
12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Somehow Rob Dibble has a job. He's awful. Kevin Kennedy got moved to the night time program and he's awful too.

Rob Dibble is terrible on his show, and his holier than thou attitude drives me nuts. I want to call him on air and ask him about throwing a ball in the stands and hitting a lady, or one of his other moronic things he did while pitching.

Jpup
12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Rob Dibble is terrible on his show, and his holier than thou attitude drives me nuts. I want to call him on air and ask him about throwing a ball in the stands and hitting a lady, or one of his other moronic things he did while pitching.

he talks about them all the time. That is one of my big problems with Kennedy. He talks about himself constantly.

Krusty
12-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Maybe the new MLB network will do what ESPN did with Mike & Mike show in the morning and have it both on the tv and radio at the same time.

Triples
12-12-2008, 12:37 PM
By the way his name is Mark Storen, Mark Patrick is his stage name so to speak. I happen to live in Brownsburg and was involved for a number of years with the Indiana Bulls so I had the oppotunity to work with and get to know Mark to some degree. At least enough when we see each other in Wal-Mart we can talk on first name basis. I disagree with Mr Andersons opinion of Mark's personality. He probably rubs some folks the wrong way but he also does a lot to help out organizations like the Indiana Bulls and other charitable programs. I think when you get past the Hollywood exterior you find a pretty genuine guy. Just my personal opinion. And, you might want to keep an eye on his son Drew, Freshman all American pitcher at Stanford. Pitched as the closer for them in the College World series this year as a freshman.

Blitz Dorsey
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I used to listen to Mark Patrick's morning show on Fox Sports Radio. MPOS: Mark Patrick on Sports. Pretty good stuff. It had been a couple years since I even heard his name until this thread.

Does he still do the morning show? If not, what happened?

Strikes Out Looking
12-12-2008, 12:56 PM
I wasn't a fan of Mark Patrick, but I think his leaving was a contractual matter as XM-Sirius has a lot of debt and is letting lots of folks go when their contracts are up. Charley Wilson (who I really really liked) and Ronnie Lane were also let go.

The good thing about the new schedule is that they have new programming on and don't repeat Baseball this morning. The other good thing is that the ex players are teamed with a professional announcer so that rather than Dibble and Kennedy there is Dibble with someone and Kennedy with someone. I think that makes them much more listenable (they are both a bit full of themselves).

Finally, Charley Steiner is still on, which is good because it is, IMHO, the best thing on XM 175.

George Anderson
12-12-2008, 02:04 PM
By the way his name is Mark Storen, Mark Patrick is his stage name so to speak. I happen to live in Brownsburg and was involved for a number of years with the Indiana Bulls so I had the oppotunity to work with and get to know Mark to some degree. At least enough when we see each other in Wal-Mart we can talk on first name basis. I disagree with Mr Andersons opinion of Mark's personality. He probably rubs some folks the wrong way but he also does a lot to help out organizations like the Indiana Bulls and other charitable programs. I think when you get past the Hollywood exterior you find a pretty genuine guy. Just my personal opinion. And, you might want to keep an eye on his son Drew, Freshman all American pitcher at Stanford. Pitched as the closer for them in the College World series this year as a freshman.

Mark Storen is also the nephew of Mike Storen the former GM of the Indiana Pacers and also the cousin of Hannah Storm who works for one of the networks. Mark is for the most part a pretty funny guy and was a good fit for the "Bob and Tom Show" but while he is decent at sports trivia I really had little regard for his baseball knowledge.

I don't wanna dwell on the guys personality because people have different opinions on him but in all honesty you are the first in about 20 or so people who have worked with him that have a decent thing to say about him. Just last year I had a long conversation with a former member of the Brownsburg Little League board and he filled me in on the incident several years where Mark went after a umpire in the parking lot after his twelve year old sons game and the police had to be called. Sorry but a guy like that just isn't a good fit for the sports world IMO.

RedlegNation
12-12-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree about Patrick; he was the best host on that channel, as far as I'm concerned. He'll be missed.

As for Dibble...well, I really liked him when he was pitching, but he's really not very good. I want to like him as a broadcaster, and he was tolerable when he was with Dan Patrick, but his show is hard to listen to. It's better since Kevin Kennedy is gone, but still not good.

And I agree about Steiner, for what it's worth. I've never really cared for the guy, either on SportsCenter or the Dodger broadcasts, but that radio show of his is always entertaining.