PDA

View Full Version : Winter Meetings Slobber-Knocker Trade Proposal

Krusty
12-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Here you go folks gifted wrapped for Christmas. Four teams involving the Reds, Cubs, Padres and Twins....

Reds trade Homer Bailey to the Twins for OF Delmon Young.

Twins trade Homer Bailey to the Cubs for IF/OF Mark DeRosa

Cubs trade Bailey along with other prospects to the Padres for Jake Peavy.
Reds get their LF and righthanded hitting outfielder in Young.
Twins get their third baseman in Mark DeRosa
Cubs get their ace pitcher in Peavy
Padres get a group of prospects headed by Homer Bailey.

What do you think?

Mario-Rijo
12-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Here you go folks gifted wrapped for Christmas. Four teams involving the Reds, Cubs, Padres and Twins....

Reds trade Homer Bailey to the Twins for OF Delmon Young.

Twins trade Homer Bailey to the Cubs for IF/OF Mark DeRosa

Cubs trade Bailey along with other prospects to the Padres for Jake Peavy.
Reds get their LF and righthanded hitting outfielder in Young.
Twins get their third baseman in Mark DeRosa
Cubs get their ace pitcher in Peavy
Padres get a group of prospects headed by Homer Bailey.

What do you think?

I think screw making the Cubs better. Especially better than it would make us. And I worry about taking on Young, he obviously is the guy everyone wants to rid themselves in order to get better which tells me all I need to know.

GADawg
12-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I think if Peavy could be had for Homer and "other prospects" that I'd just make it a 2 team trade and tell him to make sure to keep the ball down at the GAB.

dougdirt
12-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I think if Peavy could be had for Homer and "other prospects" that I'd just make it a 2 team trade and tell him to make sure to keep the ball down at the GAB.

Except he only wants to play in SD of CHI....

max venable
12-10-2008, 06:58 PM

ding!

Krusty
12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
ding!

The only NL teams that Peavy would accept a trade to were the Dodgers, Cardinals, Cubs, Braves and Astros. There is no way he would come to Cincinnati and the Reds wouldn't want to take on that much salary.

PuffyPig
12-10-2008, 08:22 PM
The only NL teams that Peavy would accept a trade to were the Dodgers, Cardinals, Cubs, Braves and Astros. There is no way he would come to Cincinnati and the Reds wouldn't want to take on that much salary.

Those teams are his initial choices. Given the choice between staying in San Diego and expanding that choice, he might choose the latter.

Vada Pinson Fan
12-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I would just as soon deal with the Twins straight up and have Peavy stay in San Diego.

The Cubs starting staff WITH Peavy would be just too much. Just look at this- In no particular order-
1. Carlos Zambrano
2. Jake Peavy
3. Rich Harden
4. Ryan Dempster
5. Ted Lilly

No way I want Peavy wearing a Cubbies uniform.

Hopefully the Tribune doesn't want to take on that kind of contractual burden for a company in extreme financial difficulty. Now a new owner of the Cubs would bring Peavy to Chi-town in all likelihood and would then have a great shot at being in the 2009 World Series, should Peavy return to form, and possibly winning the whole thing! :thumbdown

cincrazy
12-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Those teams are his initial choices. Given the choice between staying in San Diego and expanding that choice, he might choose the latter.

I don't agree. First of all, he's comfortable in San Diego, and could you ask for a better place to live? Second of all, there's no guarantee that coming to the Reds, he'd be in any of a better situation. I hate to say it, but it's true. Until we prove we can consistently win, we are not going to be a good destination.