NorrisHopper30
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Cats pull off the upset!

Redlegs23
12-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Cats in a laugher. 105-47.

Cyclone792
12-11-2008, 05:02 PM
A close, hard fought game. Xavier's the more talented team this year and clearly has the higher caliber wins, but UC is drastically improved from the past two years and can now handle most teams in the country.

If UC plays well and can avoid costly turnovers, then I think they've got a fair chance at pulling out the W.

GoReds33
12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
If it were at X, I would rule UC out. Being at the Shoe, I have to give my Bearcats the edge. I'll be there, and I have great seats in the student section.

Redhook
12-11-2008, 06:26 PM
When is that game?

Oh, it's this weekend?

In all my years around Cincy, I can't remember less enthusiam for this game. This game used to be a can't-miss event. I actually didn't know the game was this weekend until I read Lance's blog 2 days ago. And I'm usually pretty up-to-date on sporting events around here.

BTW, XU will obliterate UC, 84-57

highheat11
12-11-2008, 06:38 PM
82-77 UC gets revenge for previous upsets when highly ranked.

GO BEARCATS

NatiRedGals
12-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Ill be in section 127. I say UC wins in a hard fought battle tie game until the last seconds and UC comes out on top 70-69

dabvu2498
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
This game is still not sold out? And I thought Cincinnati was a great college hoops town. Pretty sad actually.

Redlegs23
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't get the whole obsession with when a game sells out. People were all up in arms about the UC Pitt football game not selling out until Thursday or whenever it was. Who cares when it sells out, bottom line is the Shoe will be sold out on Saturday.

paintmered
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't care if people show up to watch it or not, I want UC to beat the ever living tar out of that other school.

guttle11
12-11-2008, 10:37 PM
BTW, XU will obliterate UC, 84-57

Not a chance. It'll be a rugby scrum at the Shoe. I'll go UC, 63-58.

I can't blame people for not wanting to sit high up in the corners at the Shoe. Worst seats at a basketball arena I've ever seen.

Boston Red
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Xavier is the better team and should win, but Xavier has won so many of these when UC was the better team that it definitely scares me to have the shoe be on the other foot (especially when two years ago Xavier got run out of the Shoe by a terrible UC team).

SunDeck
12-12-2008, 10:44 AM
My affection for the shootout stems from the fact that I didn't like the teams Huggins built. I'm a UC grad, but I appreciated the direction taken by XU in building their teams more than I did the Huggins approach. And I loved it when the Muskies would out play the better team.

Now I can at least feel good that Cronin is going in a direction I can get behind, but the Shootout has lost the good guy/bad guy theme for me. Besides, my loyalties have always been divided. I come from Xavier family.

My prediction is an upset, because that's the way the Shootout is supposed to work.

DoogMinAmo
12-12-2008, 12:10 PM
This game is still not sold out? And I thought Cincinnati was a great college hoops town. Pretty sad actually.

2 reasons:

1. Finances in these tough times. At some point it is hard to justify paying to go to a crap arena when you can watch it at home.

2. "Fans" still do not know what they have with this UC team. Huggins is gone, Z is still around. Some semblance of animosity towards her and therefore the school still exists, but more importantly the UC team has not been winning in this fair weather town, so the fans are not flocking.

I have a sneaking suspicioun that by the time the Big East schedule gets here, the fan "problem" will be minimal. And next year, for Vaughn's senior year and Gates' sophomore campaign, the place will be rocking.

Redlegs23
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
2 reasons:

1. Finances in these tough times. At some point it is hard to justify paying to go to a crap arena when you can watch it at home.

2. "Fans" still do not know what they have with this UC team. Huggins is gone, Z is still around. Some semblance of animosity towards her and therefore the school still exists, but more importantly the UC team has not been winning in this fair weather town, so the fans are not flocking.

I have a sneaking suspicioun that by the time the Big East schedule gets here, the fan "problem" will be minimal. And next year, for Vaughn's senior year and Gates' sophomore campaign, the place will be rocking.

I'll throw in a third reason, so far over 10,000 UC fans are paying for some expensive trips to Miami, and have to cut other portions of their budget. That's my reason anyways. I would absolutely love to be at this game, but I mentioned that I was interested and threw the ticket price out in front of my wife and she basically shot that down with the question of "how much are you spending on this trip to Miami?" End of conversation.

Bip Roberts
12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Xavier sucks

Redlegs23
12-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Xavier sucks

x2

GoReds33
12-12-2008, 10:09 PM
How many are pulling double duty tomorrow, and going to Redsfest, then this? That's what I'm doing. It should be a fun day.

Hoosier Red
12-14-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't get the whole obsession with when a game sells out. People were all up in arms about the UC Pitt football game not selling out until Thursday or whenever it was. Who cares when it sells out, bottom line is the Shoe will be sold out on Saturday.

It goes to show the demand for a certain ticket. If the game sells out Saturday night(according to CTrent it didn't) than the program is in a precarious situation as it is barely selling out the biggest game of the year.

Sports teams really need for a programs demands to be higher than its supply. That way they can depend on a certain revenue stream even after some of the bandwagon fluff departs.

Boston Red
12-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Woo hoo! Muskies rule again!!!!

NatiRedGals
12-14-2008, 10:33 AM

Haha if Xavier actually won the game i would have not minded. But I give this game to the Refs. UC and Xavier played a great game but Xavier had help from the Refs. Supposed to be basketball not a whistle every 5 seconds 2 hour game turned into a 2 hour and 45 min game:thumbdown

Matt700wlw
12-14-2008, 11:29 AM

For now.... :)

GoReds33
12-14-2008, 01:24 PM
UC is very young. I think next year will be the best game in recent memory. They have three freshmen, six sophomores, three juniors, and only one senior, Mike Williams. X is young aswell, but losing Raymond and Anderson will be big.

OldRightHander
12-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Haha if Xavier actually won the game i would have not minded. But I give this game to the Refs. UC and Xavier played a great game but Xavier had help from the Refs. Supposed to be basketball not a whistle every 5 seconds 2 hour game turned into a 2 hour and 45 min game:thumbdown

http://net4baby.com/baby/images/stories/main/crying_baby.jpg