PDA

View Full Version : Phillies Sign Ibanez

redsfandan
12-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Phillies Sign Ibanez
By Cork Gaines [December 12 at 7:56am CST]
Jayson Stark is reporting that the Phillies have signed Raul Ibanez to a three-year deal. Stark believes the deal is worth $30MM. The deal is pending a physical.

As a type A free agent, the Mariners will receive the Phillies' first round pick next year (#28) and a supplemental pick between the first and second round.

With Ibanez now the everyday left fielder, Stark says the Phillies will cut ties with Pat Burrell.

Cork Gaines writes for RaysIndex.com and can be reached here.

TheBigLebowski
12-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't like the fact that he fetched 10mm/per. That'll drive up the price for better players like Dunn/Burrell.

redsfandan
12-12-2008, 09:07 AM
yeah it will. it does improve the phillies so the NL East race could still be fun to watch. also, it looks a little less likely that dunn won't be able to at least match what he was paid last year.

Emin3mShady07
12-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Ibanez had a really good year last year so I doubt that he signs for 7 million. He will probably cost anywhere between 10-12 milion.

Damn, I wish I was wrong. I hate the market right now in the MLB. 16.5/yr for Burnett, Sabathia's record deal. It's tough to be a small market team.