Redlegs23
12-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Go Bearcats!

Buckeye33
12-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Go Bucks!

Chip R
12-13-2008, 09:11 PM
I see UC has red unis on. Does that mean they have to forfeit a time out? ;)

Boston Red
12-14-2008, 03:11 AM
UC LOSES. Always a good thing!

Matt700wlw
12-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Pretty much as expected.....I never thought the good little Jesuit boys would have 4 Technical Fouls, though...

Still trying to get used to X being the "big dog" in this town....

Boston Red
12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Pretty much as expected.....I never thought the good little Jesuit boys would have 4 Technical Fouls, though...

The rivalry might have died down a bit with the fans, but man, those players seem to hate each other. Makes for fun TV once a year.

Matt700wlw
12-14-2008, 02:37 PM
The rivalry is alive and well...even though the villan is gone.

DoogMinAmo
12-14-2008, 10:03 PM

Still trying to get used to X being the "big dog" in this town....

hmmm.

I really struggle with this recent crowning of Xavier by not just you. Some points that make me quetion the validity of the statement:

1. Before this year the home team had won the last 5 shootouts.

2. While many things in life are often cyclical, it is very rare that rivalry games are indicative of one team's talent or stance nationally. It proves that on that particular night, they played as a better team. Remember that in Huggs' years the UC teams were almost always ranked high, and Xavier managed to win a few they shouldn't have. They (XU) weren't big dog then.

3. What UC is recovering from vs. the steady building of the Xavier program CURRENTLY has these two programs in different states. It is far from fair to judge based on the Cronin rebulding years and say that roles have reversed.

That being said, Xavier was and is a better team, and deserved to win the game. It was nice to see everyone freaking out about UC basketball again, although last night was unfortunately not the best billboard of what Mick is achieving. He is building a team with a lot of talent, but unfortunately they are currently weak at PG, and very inexperienced.

Next year and the year after, the shootout will become an even better (closer) game, and one far more indicative of true bragging rights and stature.