PDA

View Full Version : EDDIE MURPHY will NOT play The Riddler in the next Batman movie

savafan
12-17-2008, 11:23 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2048300.ece

FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal.

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995’s Batman Forever.

The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.

The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.

Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.

CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce’s assistant Alfred.

Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.

Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

A film insider said: “Chris wasn’t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.

“Eddie’s a fantastic addition. Everyone’s excited to see what he does as the Riddler.”

*BaseClogger*
12-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Shia Labeouf... :(

KronoRed
12-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Robin?? Eddie Murphy? Catwoman?

Come on, when you have too many 'charecters' on screen the whole movie suffers.

Robin? ugh.

Caveat Emperor
12-17-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't believe a word of it.

Nolan is on record as saying he doesn't feel Robin has a place in this Batman universe, and Eddie Murphy doesn't fit any of the casting tendencies that Nolan has shown.

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-18-2008, 12:00 AM
These articles are false.

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-18-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39487

KronoRed
12-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Excellent.

Stephenk29
12-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Those moves would ruin the series

MrCinatit
12-18-2008, 05:19 AM
I don't believe a word of it.

Nolan is on record as saying he doesn't feel Robin has a place in this Batman universe, and Eddie Murphy doesn't fit any of the casting tendencies that Nolan has shown.

Big time. I can't see Eddie Murphy being able to pull off the very dark look of a Nolan film, no matter how good the editor is.

Orodle
12-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Eddie would be horrible in this role. Not to mention remember last batman when they just started bringing in stars and adding characters.............down the drain quick.

WMR
12-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Thank God this is fake.

Hoosier Red
12-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Given the live action movies Eddie's been in recently, I'm pretty sure his agent doesn't have access to any casting people. That should have tipped us all off.

Johnny Footstool
12-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Warner Brothers and Sony are in negotiations for a Batman/Wolverine crossover. Apparently, they already have a script, but they just can't decide whether to call it "Wolverman" or "Batverine".

WMR
12-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Ooh can't wait for the inevitable Superhero Brokeback love scenes between Hugh and Christian. :lol:

RichRed
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Warner Brothers and Sony are in negotiations for a Batman/Wolverine crossover. Apparently, they already have a script, but they just can't decide whether to call it "Wolverman" or "Batverine".

Isn't "Batverine" what Ben Vereen dresses up as for Halloween?

Johnny Footstool
12-18-2008, 08:33 PM

Yes, if not in reality, than certainly in my imagination from now on.

Danny Serafini
12-18-2008, 08:51 PM
I heard this reported on the radio earlier tonight. Apparently they don't do much fact checking.

deltachi8
12-18-2008, 09:06 PM

Well played, sir...

Emin3mShady07
12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I personally would love to see a justice league movie or at least a way better Superman movie. Superman Returns really didn't do justice to the greatest superhero of all time.

WMR
12-18-2008, 09:13 PM
I personally would love to see a justice league movie or at least a way better Superman movie. Superman Returns really didn't do justice to the greatest superhero of all time.

Whoa whoa whoaaaaa.... greatest superhero of all time? No way d00d

Emin3mShady07
12-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Whoa whoa whoaaaaa.... greatest superhero of all time? No way d00d

Who's better?:D

Anyways, my buddy here at school said that superman was technically the second strongest superhero behind the Green Lantern in true DC lore because the Green lantern's ring is made of some type of Kryptonite, but how can you hate on the man of steel?

KronoRed
12-18-2008, 09:20 PM
, but how can you hate on the man of steel?

His costume for starters.

And he's not even human!!! ;)

WVRed
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
That might be worse than Jim Carrey.

WMR
12-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Who's better?:D

Anyways, my buddy here at school said that superman was technically the second strongest superhero behind the Green Lantern in true DC lore because the Green lantern's ring is made of some type of Kryptonite, but how can you hate on the man of steel?

I'm a Marvel guy. :D

Scrap Irony
12-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Alan Scott rules all and is the most powerful "big guy" in the DC Universe. Imagination and will power v. brute strength. No contest.

But Sand is pretty fun, too, as is Black Adam.

Tony Cloninger
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Carrey has shown he can be dark......it was just really bad writing and directing that ruined his turn as Riddler.

To me though.....Riddler is another Joker almost....just lighter and less sadistic.

I think they underused Scarecrow. I think Batman's villians....minus Joker...are pretty comical and fit more in the Batman from the 60's.

Caveat Emperor
12-21-2008, 07:52 PM
To me though.....Riddler is another Joker almost....just lighter and less sadistic.

I think they underused Scarecrow. I think Batman's villians....minus Joker...are pretty comical and fit more in the Batman from the 60's.

I'd disagree 100% -- the villains in Batman's rogues gallery are, in my opinion, the best group in all of comics. There are individual villains from other series that stand out over individual Batman villains, but no other super hero has as many good villains as Batman.

Some of them have comical pasts, but the vast majority of Batman villains can (and have been) written as genuinely compelling characters.

There are plenty of non-comical villains for Batman -- including the Riddler (who suffers from obsessive-compulsion when it comes to leaving riddles and clues, but is otherwise not crazy at all), the Penguin (who, aside from his physical deformities, is a pretty normal dude), and the previously used Ras Al Ghul. They also have Mr. Freeze, who was ruined in the old Batman movie series, but is actually quite a tragic figure and an interesting character as well.

Degenerate39
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Batman > Superman