PDA

View Full Version : What would we have to give Boston for Kevin Youkilis

major harris
12-19-2008, 05:12 PM
He seems to be the answer to a bunch of our problems.

EE to left field.

Are we talking about Harang and Bailey?

Come home Kevin.

:p:

redsfandan
12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry, but I just don't see Boston letting Youkilis go anytime soon.

batsfan
12-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Jay Bruce's life.

Gamble
12-19-2008, 09:58 PM
If Boston wasn't out of the running for Teixeira, (which their not) they will most likely make Lowell expendable, not Youkilis. Like Pedroia, expect Boston to lock up the rest of their home grown talent, Lester will be next, then Youkilis. Not sure about Papelbon though.

dougflynn23
12-20-2008, 01:29 AM
:) I don't think Jay Bruce would get it done. I think Youkilis is 99.999% untouchable.

NorrisHopper30
12-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Too much. What happened the last time we got some certain player come home?

Captain Hook
12-20-2008, 03:44 AM
I wouldn't trade Bruce for anyone.The thought of it reminds me of when we traded Hamilton last year.I was convinced that was a horrible trade even though it worked out ok,although it still could prove to be a bad trade(I hope not).Bruce will be with us for the next 5 years no matter how good he does and I would bet he'll be fantastic.No need to chase with trades for our youth when our youth is the about the best.Lets build around it!!!

BucksandReds
12-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Trading Jay Bruce for anyone would guarantee mediocrity for the Reds for years to come. We are not the Yankees. We must develop our stars from within. Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto, and Burton need to stay here. If they develop into great players then we will be great if they don't then more of the same. If we trade them for established stars then the salary we'll have to pay pretty much guarantees mediocrity (no room to move.)

Hondo
12-20-2008, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't trade Bruce for anyone.The thought of it reminds me of when we traded Hamilton last year.I was convinced that was a horrible trade even though it worked out ok,although it still could prove to be a bad trade(I hope not).Bruce will be with us for the next 5 years no matter how good he does and I would bet he'll be fantastic.No need to chase with trades for our youth when our youth is the about the best.Lets build around it!!!

I agree...

An Outfield of Hamilton and Bruce would have been a good one... Especially if Edinson goes 10-15 in 2009... Which is probably.

redsfandan
12-20-2008, 03:17 PM
When the Hamilton/Volquez deal was made I wondered if we could've dealt Dunn instead. But what's done is done. Both players have delivered so far and there's no reason to think that won't continue. Volquez could do worse but so could Hamilton.

bubbachunk
12-21-2008, 01:57 PM
He is not on the market so it does not really matter.

Crumbley
12-28-2008, 06:27 PM
The stadium.

Newman4
12-28-2008, 06:32 PM
The stadium.

Boston likes theirs better. :D

Newman4
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Especially if Edinson goes 10-15 in 2009... Which is probably.

Just curious, why do you think Edinson will go 10-15?

Herb Tarlek
01-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Boston will not be trading Youkilis.

It's a nice thought but it's not happening.

Ohioballplayer
01-17-2009, 11:35 AM
When the Hamilton/Volquez deal was made I wondered if we could've dealt Dunn instead. But what's done is done. Both players have delivered so far and there's no reason to think that won't continue. Volquez could do worse but so could Hamilton.

I was wondering the same thing, but I guess you need to compare apples to apples (salary) in order to get the deal done. I was hoping last year that we could have an outfield of Hamilton, Bruce, Ankiel, ARMS, ARMS and more arms!!! Plus speed and power. Thats assuming EE could become the hitter he is supposed to be To be the RH bat in that lineup.

Emin3mShady07
01-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Hamilton was very good, but his value got inflated by RBI. He was a very good hitter with a .385 wOBA last year (Dunn was .383 to put it into perspective) but he has a few traits that I think are issues that could become problems: he has poor plate discipline with an enormous O-swing% of 34% last year along with a very low O-Contact% of 55%, meaning he chases a lot of pitches out of the strike zone and misses a lot of them. If pitchers study him enough, I think - if he doesn't improve his plate discipline - he numbers might decline a little bit. Also, he has only a moderate IsoD, so for his OBP to be good, he needs to continue to hit in the .300s to keep having good OBPs, something that could be an issue with a free swinger like himself.

jmac
01-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Boston is "not" giving up Youkilis but he is the type of hitter I would be fine with.
He isnt a power guy but he can hit the occasional homer and plenty of gap shots to drive runs home. I have hoped Edwin would develope into this type of hitter and who knows, maybe he will this season.
That would be a big boost to this offense.

reds77
01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I think back to 1999...what would we have to give Seattle for Ken Griffey Jr.