PDA

View Full Version : Who Fills Out the Reds Bullpen?

camisadelgolf
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
The Reds have a very long list of candidates to fill some of the available spots in the bullpen. Cordero, Weathers, Lincoln, and Rhodes have their jobs secure. Bray and Burton are almost locks, but they have options, so if some relievers break out in spring training, one or both of those two could get optioned. Anyway, pick the three who you want to see.

PuffyPig
12-22-2008, 09:47 AM
The Reds have a very long list of candidates to fill some of the available spots in the bullpen. Cordero, Weathers, Lincoln, and Rhodes have their jobs secure. Bray and Burton are almost locks, but they have options, so if some relievers break out in spring training, one or both of those two could get optioned. Anyway, pick the three who you want to see.

Bray and Burton are locks if healthy. The last one will be selected based on spring training.

camisadelgolf
12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Bray and Burton are locks if healthy. The last one will be selected based on spring training.

I agree for the most part, which is part of the reason I voted for them. I also picked Masset because he could be a long-innings guy. If he underwhelms, I'd go with Ramirez and trade Masset because Masset is out of options.

PuffyPig
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I agree for the most part, which is part of the reason I voted for them. I also picked Masset because he could be a long-innings guy. If he underwhelms, I'd go with Ramirez and trade Masset because Masset is out of options.

This poll should likely have been about the last position. Bray and Burton are most likely our #2 and 3 bullpen guys.

dougdirt
12-22-2008, 01:17 PM
The final spot is going to be determined by who wins the #5 spot. Its likely to come down to Ramirez or Owings.

RedsManRick
12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
All I know is that Louisville is going to have a very good bullpen. I voted for Herrera simply because I don't think he has anything left to do in AAA. He is what he is and we might as well figure out whether or not he's going to translate to the majors or not.

remdog
12-22-2008, 02:52 PM
I love Danny Ray (it's my Napolean complex kicing in) and I agree that he's been very good in the minors. I just hope that he can make that last step (a very BIG step of course) from AAA to the Bigs.

If major league hitters see too much of him will they adjust and and rough up his off-speed stuff? If the Reds are going to run him out there to face a batter or two in each appearance, can they afford to carry him?

Personally, I hope the guy pulls a 'Rocky' 'cause he's always been an underdog all his baseball life. If he can make it work it's a beautiful story.

Rem

Highlifeman21
12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I want Bray, Burton and Roenicke.

However, I have a feeling it'll be Bray, Burton and Fultz Metal Jacket.

TOBTTReds
12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
So there have been 29 voters...1 didn't vote for Burton, and three didn't vote for Bray. I'm curious to hear the reasons.