PDA

View Full Version : Bench Help

nc redsfan
12-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I know he is left handed, but Casey is a free agent this year. He made 800,000 last year, and would be a great bat off the bench, as well as giving Votto a breather now and then. Plus, I think he would be a great person to have in the clubhouse. Cincinnati would love to have the mayor back in town.

Slyder
12-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I know he is left handed, but Casey is a free agent this year. He made 800,000 last year, and would be a great bat off the bench, as well as giving Votto a breather now and then. Plus, I think he would be a great person to have in the clubhouse. Cincinnati would love to have the mayor back in town.

The mayor would just get lost in the shuffle like Hatteburg did last year. Im not against bringing in a backup 1b but thats the only position Casey can legitimately play. Why not Francisco and let him spot multiple people and bring some power to the table.

nc redsfan
12-25-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm just saying that Casey is a bonified 300 hitter every year. He usually did it against left or right handers. Dunn, or Griffey neither could hit their weight when it came to left handed pitching. Besides, you bring in Casey for a couple of years, you could move Votto to left and play Casey at first until Alonso is ready.

Sean_CaseyRules
12-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Why not Francisco and let him spot multiple people and bring some power to the table.

He's not as loved as The Mayor. Imagine how many more tickets would be sold this year if we brought back Casey.

redsfanmia
12-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Why bring back Sean? This is a new era lets not bring back the past.

Slyder
12-25-2008, 02:53 PM
He's not as loved as The Mayor. Imagine how many more tickets would be sold this year if we brought back Casey.

for the first week maybe. Casey as a bench guy wouldnt mean THAT many more tickets. And from everything everyones said is that Votto's d when he was at Louisville in OF bordered on Dunn-esque (feel free to correct me but thats what I remember reading). Casey is a one trick pony and getting older, he might make a fine pinch hitter but with the team as is we need guys who can play multiple spots.

If the rumors are true and we get some combo of Dye, Baldelli, Hairston, Tavares for the outfield. Baldelli and Hairston both have very significant injury histories, who backs up CF? Bruce? Dickerson is the only other OF right now. If so who plays in RF assuming Dye is in LF? Who spots Phillips? Castillo? Whos our defensive SS? Janish.

Whos our backup 3b? Again Janish, Hairston?

The roster isnt set up to where we can afford to have a Javy Valentin who's sole purpose would largely be just pinch hit who cant run. Walt could very easily make some moves that make Sean Casey make more sense but right now he'd just be Javy Valentin.

Orenda
12-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I'd choose the meat hook over the mayor

Redleg39
12-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Love Sean Casey but there's is no reason to bring him back. That's would just be a waste.

Bip Roberts
12-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Adam Rosales should get a bench spot at least :o