PDA

View Full Version : anyone an expert in MLB.TV?

GADawg
12-25-2008, 03:47 PM
just crawled out from under my rock and realized this thing is about to launch and I really no very little about it. I never subscribed to the web games as I've always depended on the major league package on DirecTV.

Can someone enlighten me on the differences...advantages...content(particularly as it relates to the reds).

Thanks

blumj
12-25-2008, 04:48 PM
You mean the MLB network? Because MLB.TV is the on-line subscription service. The MLB network is already on air, although it hasn't launched officially yet. Maybe people should start looking for it and post where it is in their area and system? I have it on channel 269 on Comcast in NE MA.

Oh, and, if you're a guy, and you don't know who Hazel Mae is yet, you will.

blumj
12-25-2008, 05:30 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72729&highlight=mlb+network
Of course, there's a thread on it here.

Unassisted
12-26-2008, 01:44 PM
just crawled out from under my rock and realized this thing is about to launch and I really no very little about it. I never subscribed to the web games as I've always depended on the major league package on DirecTV.

Can someone enlighten me on the differences...advantages...content(particularly as it relates to the reds).

ThanksAbout to launch? MLB.TV has been around for 4 seasons. I've been a subscriber for all 4.

As long as you don't live in the blackout area, you'll get all Reds games on MLB.TV that aren't played during Fox's Saturday afternoon national games. If you live in Georgia, you shouldn't have to worry about blackouts, except when the Reds play the Braves. In Texas, I get blacked out from games against the Astros.

You don't get to choose from the home or away feed, so about half the time, you'll get stuck with the opponent's broadcasters.

pahster
12-26-2008, 03:02 PM
You don't get to choose from the home or away feed, so about half the time, you'll get stuck with the opponent's broadcasters.

They changed that midway through last season. You can pick now.