PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve

Red in Chicago
12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Any big plans out there? Me, absolutely nothing. In my 40+ years, I think I've actually done something only a handful of times. The craziest was in Vegas. It was a blast, but that was a one time thing. I prefer Vegas in the spring/summer months.

Anyway, it will probably be another night of Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve, or whatever its called:beerme: Aren't you jealous?

As far as resolutions are concerned, I really need to get back on the treadmill. Mine finally broke down last month and I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet. My parents said I could have theirs (which is like brand new), I just need to rent a truck to pick it up. I just moved into a new house last month, so renting a truck is just not something I'm looking forward to doing again :rolleyes:

SunDeck
12-29-2008, 10:49 PM
My party- next door with the neighbors and their kids. Home by 12:02am.
Resolutions:

All grain brewing
Starting the Winter swimming program before Spring
Vegetable garden
Finish the deck repairs
Fish more with my boy
Golf more with my dad
See more of my friends
Etc.

OldRightHander
12-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Quality time with the DVD player, and flip the tv on just in time to see the ball drop. Then as soon as that ball drops, I will no longer be in my 30s.

15fan
12-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Be in bed asleep by 10pm.

goreds2
12-29-2008, 11:42 PM
I am partying at the house with some friends. Getting a ride to a bar about a mile down the road then will "walk" home. (same routine as last year)

:beerme:

2009 - I will no longer sweat the small stuff.

SandyD
12-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Going to a party in the French Qtr ... at someone's apartment on Royal St.

Then New Year's Day, another round of Christmas. And on Fri night, a Celtic music concert at Deutches Haus in New Orleans. Then, I crash over the weekend.

Ltlabner
12-30-2008, 07:43 AM
In bed by 10ish.

New Years Eve is amateur hour and we rarely do anything. Occasionally we'll go to a friends house, but we never step foot out in a public bar/club.

Heath
12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Meal with friends at a Restaraunt until 10pm - home with the kids and my parents.

I don't resolute. I have a "honey-do" list.

:D

Roy Tucker
12-30-2008, 03:07 PM
My 15 yr. old daughter is having kids over. We always encourage our kids to have friends over and be the party house. They get the basement (finished) that has a pool table, foosball table, cable TV, DVD player, PS3, karaoke box, etc. etc.

So the spousal unit and I will get DVDs, hang out upstairs, fix food for them and us, keep an eye on things, and generally hang out.

No resolutions. 2008 wasn't the best year of my life, so I'm just hoping for some peace.

Hybrid
12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm planning on spending the evening at home...there are just way too many idiots out that night.

Reds4Life
12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Not doing anything, just another day.

Patrick Bateman
12-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Tickets to a hockey game (Flames) against the provincial rival Oilers. Otherwise I don't really care about New Years.

Redlegs23
12-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Dinner with a couple friends, then we're heading home to party a little. Waking up at 6AM and heading to Dayton to jump on a flight to Miami to watch the Bearcats! Tomorrow is when the real party begins.

Resolution: Work less, as unlikely as it may be.

camisadelgolf
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
I usually get plastered with friends, but I haven't seen my family in a long time, so I'll be hanging out with them, which includes 40+ first cousins (Catholics). I might leave around 12:30 to get plastered with friends, though.

Matt700wlw
12-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Party up the street....I'll be on my second wind by 12:02

:) :all_cohol:

Resolutions...it took 5 years of resolving to quit smoking before I actually did it....so....NO.

I have goals and directions I'd like to take both personally and career wise in 2009, so we'll see if it works out.

Brutus_the_Red
12-31-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm one of the unfortunate saps working at a bar this evening...

I'll be the one driving home laughing at all the idiots getting pulled over...

and hopefully I'll make some $$$ in tips tonight.

Cheers to the new year

Ltlabner
12-31-2008, 05:50 PM
I have goals and directions I'd like to take both personally and career wise in 2009, so we'll see if it works out.

Does that include getting to work on time?

:mooner:

westofyou
12-31-2008, 05:53 PM
We make fondue on NYE, probably swing by the pub for a early evening beer and then eat cheese and scan the tube for other cheese.

Matt700wlw
12-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Does that include getting to work on time?

:mooner:

Oh...that. :redface:

TeamCasey
12-31-2008, 07:30 PM
I always spend New Years at home. Safer. TeamGriffey's first attempt at staying up until midnight. We'll hang out and eat and play games. Both of us are sick so we'll see who makes it. Aunt TC usually falls asleep before the ball drops. TeamBoone and TeamMorris made a pasta dinner.

New Year's resolution ...... try to come up with a livable weight loss plan. Something I can stick with.

nate
12-31-2008, 08:48 PM
We've got two parties in the neighborhood and are going to the one within walking distance. It's the first time in forever that the wife and/or I don't have gigs.