PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Reds Winter Caravan

OnBaseMachine
12-30-2008, 01:36 PM
The 2009 CINCINNATI REDS WINTER CARAVAN will make stops in
Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee and West Virginia!

The 2009 Reds Winter Caravan is scheduled to make 17 fan stops in five states covering four days and more than 2,600 miles. The caravan kicks off Thursday, Jan. 22 and will include fan stops that will be open to the public along with Hot Stove stops at Reds on Radio Network affiliates.

The 2009 tour will consist of three separate caravans touring simultaneously. The stops open to the public will be free, and at each public stop the Reds will raffle off two tickets to the 2009 Opening Day game against the New York Mets on April 6.

The very popular Reds Winter Caravan provides fans with the opportunity to interact with Reds Manager Dusty Baker, President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Walt Jocketty, current and former players, broadcasters and other members of the front office staff. At each stop, the group will field questions from fans, sign autographs and pose for photographs. Sales representatives will be on hand to discuss season tickets and group sales, while the Reds Hall of Fame, the Reds Community Fund and Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network also will attend selected stops.

All personnel scheduled to appear at each stop will be posted soon.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/fan_forum/caravan.jsp

Follow that link for the schedule. They're coming to Charleston on Thursday, January 22nd.

membengal
12-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Nashville! Good for them. They used to have a real footprint in parts of Tennessee, and then ceded swaths of it to Atlanta. I like the effort to re-establish a presence down this way.

Jpup
12-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Bowling Green on the 23rd. I will finally get to go to one of these things. Now I need a question for Walt.

mth123
12-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Bowling Green on the 23rd. I will finally get to go to one of these things. Now I need a question for Walt.

How about "what on earth possessed you to sign Willy Taveras? Got a bet on the Cubs?"

Jpup
12-30-2008, 02:28 PM
How about "what on earth possessed you to sign Willy Taveras? Got a bet on the Cubs?"

That's exactly what I was thinking actually. :) I also was thinking about asking him why he didn't feel the need to bring back Adam Dunn and how the Reds are going to score runs without anyone that knows how to get on base.

Reds Freak
12-30-2008, 02:41 PM
This is a really cool idea and obviously wildly popular. I was going to attend the Columbus stop but I see it's at Polaris Fashion Place. Yuck. Not worth fighting that traffic..

HeatherC1212
12-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll have to send that link to a couple of my friends. They live in Muncie and I think they'll want to attend the event when it comes to town next month. They're big baseball fans and a (now) married couple I met when we were all in college together. We went to HOF induction night together this past season and had a blast in our club seats. He splurged for that game since his favorite player is Barry Larkin. :D He's a big Reds fan and she's a Cubs fan, but hey, no one's perfect and I don't hold it against her, LOL ;)

nate
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Nashville! Good for them. They used to have a real footprint in parts of Tennessee, and then ceded swaths of it to Atlanta. I like the effort to re-establish a presence down this way.

I wonder if Marty's hair will top the Bell South tower.

corkedbat
12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Looks like we get the fancy-haired poofy-boy in Lexington.