PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Tickets

redsfaninbsg
01-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Anybody got any clue when they might go on sale this year? Also what should I expect to pay on the open market if I can't purchase them via the Reds? I've never been to Opening Day, and have never had much experience scalping at GAPB, normally you can buy for face or below.

Hap
01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
ummm.......you're not going to pay face value or below for Opening Day tickets........

OldRightHander
01-02-2009, 10:07 AM
There's a ticket broker on 3rd street that is usually fairly reasonable. I got mine there last year for $50. I think it's Riverfront Choice Tickets.

Reds Freak
01-02-2009, 11:44 AM
You're from Southwest Virginia so I don't know how often you can get to Cincinnati but I've found the best way to ensure you get Opening Day tickets for a decent price is to buy one of the power packs. You get ten games throughout the year including Opening Day. Last year, our games were Opening Day, the Indians series, the Red Sox series, and one of the Cubs series..

redsfaninbsg
01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
ummm.......you're not going to pay face value or below for Opening Day tickets........

Yes, I know this. Opening Day is obviously a different animal than the Colorado Rockies in August.

redsfaninbsg
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
There's a ticket broker on 3rd street that is usually fairly reasonable. I got mine there last year for $50. I think it's Riverfront Choice Tickets.

Thank you. Do you know of a website or phone number for them?

redsfaninbsg
01-02-2009, 01:12 PM
You're from Southwest Virginia so I don't know how often you can get to Cincinnati but I've found the best way to ensure you get Opening Day tickets for a decent price is to buy one of the power packs. You get ten games throughout the year including Opening Day. Last year, our games were Opening Day, the Indians series, the Red Sox series, and one of the Cubs series..

I've thought about that but would need to split the tickets with someone and there aren't many die hard Reds fans in South West Virginia.