PDA

View Full Version : Brad Wilkerson

Phhhl
01-17-2009, 02:41 AM
He has been pretty miserable ever since moving to the AL. But, he has always been a very selective hitter with power. Could he make a decent platoon partner for Hairston, or a guy off the bench? He can play a corner outfield or first base. Aside from last year, when he had back spasms, the power still seemed to be there. The Nats used to hit him leadoff. Could Hairston/Wilkerson push Tavares to the eight hole, where he belongs? The Reds seem to be inexplicably cold about Wigginton, who by the process of lowered expectations I am becoming increasingly warm to.

Looking at the leftovers, Bobby Abreu would be the ideal free agent addition right now. Talk about money, but his presence in this lineup would be worth quite a bit. Maybe the Reds are just playing it smart and waiting for the market to plummet even more, and will jump on a run producer at the 11th hour. But, all of the indications are pretty dire right now. I don't think this team has anything to gain by sitting on money if they can improve this year's product by adding a free agent. Bringing someone like Wilkerson or Wigginton in to compete with Hairston for the left field job might at least provide a pulse among the fanbase heading into the season.

Topcat
01-17-2009, 04:09 AM
In Juan Fransisco I trust because he maybe out best hope to add power and coming off his awesome winter Season maybe this years wonder to follow in the footsteps of last years Ednison and the Previous years summer of Josh, we need some opne to carry on the Trend. Why can it not be the 21 yr old wonder kid with a power bat who ate up Dominican league.

camisadelgolf
01-17-2009, 04:52 AM
IIrc, Wilkerson hits lefties and righties pretty much the same, so I'm not sure he would be a platoon partner. He would possibly be a great option off the bench, though.