PDA

View Full Version : How about this kid?

fourrunhomer
01-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Wilkin Ramirez. Power ,speed, RH LF. He's a young kid in the Tiger's organization. Has had some injury issues but seems to be ready for the major leagues. I don't know if the Tigers would be willing to trade him,but they seem to have some outfield depth. Is this the kind of player the Red's should consider?

redsfandan
01-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Not sure I'd call him a "young kid" at 23. His stats don't look too bad for '08 (albeit not much plate discipline) but they really stand out among his otherwise unimpressive career minors stats. Who knows. Maybe it could be a low risk move with some potential if he's not out of options so he could see more time in AAA.

fourrunhomer
01-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Everybody seems set on adding a veteran for left field through free agency or trade. I was just wondering if this may be a viable route to take. He seems to be more ready than some of the minor leaguers we already have. But, would this make us too young? Too much risk? No chance of getting him cheap enough?

I was just looking at some of the other teams 40-man rosters to see if there was a young unproven player we may be able to pick up instead of the veteran everybody is looking for. There may be somebody better or a better fit but he caught my eye because of the relative depth the Tigers have in the outfield and seems to have a pretty good upside.
On a side note, while I was looking at the rosters I realized that the Reds are not nearly as deficient in the outfield going into this season as several other teams.