PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Caveat Emperor
01-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Why do I have the strangest sense of Deja Vu when creating this thread tonight?

Degenerate39
01-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Why do I have the strangest sense of Deja Vu when creating this thread tonight?

It's a crazy world we live in.

Speaking of which MLB Front Office Manager comes out in a little over a week. I'm pretty excited for it.

*BaseClogger*
01-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Do you think MLB FOM will be available in most stores?

Degenerate39
01-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Do you think MLB FOM will be available in most stores?

I would say so. I know Gamestop will have it.

AmarilloRed
01-18-2009, 12:47 AM
MLB FOM was given a very bad review by Game Informer Magazine in the Feb 2009 issue-3/10. It might be prudent to rent the game before purchasing it.

RedsManRick
01-18-2009, 01:39 AM
So I'm looking for a good RPG for PS3 or Wii...Elements I'm looking for:

- Fantasy (swords/magic) > Realism (guns)
- Tactical combat (turned based) > Action combat (button mashing)
- Group (of characters) > Solo
- Strategy > Problem Solving
- Somewhat linear > Completely open

I was a huge fan of the Shining Force series growing up and liked FF7-9. Was a big WoW player for a few years. I've had a hard time finding reviews for the games that really describe the gameplay. I've browsed a bit and seen games like Oblivion IV, Fallout 3, Fire Emblem, Disegea, etc. So what should I be considering?

Caveat Emperor
01-18-2009, 04:26 AM

Reading your criteria made me upset, momentarily, that they never made a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics.

*BaseClogger*
01-18-2009, 04:35 AM
MLB FOM was given a very bad review by Game Informer Magazine in the Feb 2009 issue-3/10. It might be prudent to rent the game before purchasing it.

What did they have to say?

pahster
01-18-2009, 09:14 AM
What did they have to say?

Bad AI and interface. Games have to be truly terrible to get poor reviews from a magazine like Game Informer since its published by GameStop.

*BaseClogger*
01-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Bad AI and interface. Games have to be truly terrible to get poor reviews from a magazine like Game Informer since its published by GameStop.

Well, I did read that it was very in-depth, and sports games rarely get a fair shake in the reviews (think NFL Head Coach). Did the review even understand what he was doing? I read one of his complaints was that he was able to trade a player with a no-trade clause. Duh, you can trade them (with their agreement). If I buy the PC version that would help make up for the poor menus some. However, I'm not sure if I'm still going to be buying it right away. I might as well go with OOTP9 if I'm going to buy the PC version...

Degenerate39
01-18-2009, 10:48 AM

I think people who understand baseball will think differently.

Razor Shines
01-18-2009, 12:08 PM

I was a huge fan of the Shining Force series growing up and liked FF7-9. Was a big WoW player for a few years. I've had a hard time finding reviews for the games that really describe the gameplay. I've browsed a bit and seen games like Oblivion IV, Fallout 3, Fire Emblem, Disegea, etc. So what should I be considering?
It doesn't really meet your criteria but I bought Fallout 3 last week and I love it.

NorrisHopper30
01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
It's a crazy world we live in.

Speaking of which MLB Front Office Manager comes out in a little over a week. I'm pretty excited for it.

Is this for XBOX360 or PS3 or both?

AmarilloRed
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM

AmarilloRed
01-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Is this for XBOX360 or PS3 or both?

It's for both.

AmarilloRed
01-18-2009, 12:22 PM

Disgaea 3 would be a good choice. It meets most of those criteria.

RedLegSuperStar
01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
For us want to be GM's; Here is our chance!

GameStop.com -

Training for your Fantasy Baseball Season MLB® Front Office Manager gives baseball fans the chance to experience their dream job. Take the reins of your favorite Major League™ team and build a championship roster. Make trades, sign free agents, draft prospects and manage games all the way from Spring Training™ through the Playoffs. Available this Winter for Xbox 360® game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows®, MLB® Front Office Manager is the only MLB® licensed game to give fans total control of an MLB® franchise.

Build Your Roster –An extremely deep Career Mode takes users beyond simple trades and free signings, and allows them to fully experience the life of an MLB® general manager. Manage Minor League™ rosters, set domestic and international scouting budgets, bid for Japanese free agents, select new players in the Amateur and Rule 5 Drafts, offer arbitration to free agents, and more.
Take The Field – Manage your team’s games on the field all season long and enjoy a never-before-seen presentation style designed to resemble a real life TV broadcast.
Learn From a Pro – Renowned GM Billy Beane becomes a mentor to users, providing helpful tips and insightful baseball information that even the biggest fan doesn’t know.
Online Fantasy Leagues – Customize your league with fantasy drafts, modified rules and traditional Rotisserie and Head-to-Head fantasy baseball scoring systems. Also available offline against the CPU. Innovative Baseball Statistics – Evaluate talent using in-depth and authentic player statistics, as used by Billy Beane.

No doubt I'm looking foward to this game. As much as I love MLB The Show.. This has everything in it that a fan GM would need or want. It should be in stores next Monday January 26th, 2009.

AmarilloRed
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
I talked to a Gamestop representative when I put up my pre-order. They said it would most likely be ready Tuesday Jan. 27th.

RedLegSuperStar
01-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I talked to a Gamestop representative when I put up my pre-order. They said it would most likely be ready Tuesday Jan. 27th.

And your probably right. Sometimes the shipment comes in mid-late afternoon on the ship date and therefore could possibly recieve the game on Monday.

I(heart)Freel
01-19-2009, 01:56 PM
And now we try desperately to track down the Amazon gift card procured at Christmas. This game sounds AWESOME.

sonny
01-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Might wanna rent it first.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/mlbfrontofficemanager?q=mlb%20front%20office%20man ager

mbgrayson
01-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Amazon has it for $37 plus shipping. Looked at a few reviews, and people who like 'action' type baseball games where you are the pitcher or hitter will not like this game.

People who want to play GM will likely be happier with this game:

2K's Front Office Manager should provide hardcore baseball fans, especially those who participate in fantasy leagues, with an engaging and authentic experience in the life of an MLB GM. MLB Front Office Manager is due out in January on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

That quote is from a review HERE (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/mlbfrontofficemanager/news.html?sid=6201447&mode=previews).

I also have a couple Amazon certificates laying around, and I might just have to give this one a try.

kaldaniels
01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
I'll wait until I see some solid reviews...I was extremely psyched for NFL Head Coach a few years back (similar concept-no actual on-field gameplay) and was probably as disappointed as I've ever been with a game. It seems games such as these just do better on a PC.

*BaseClogger*
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
From the reviews I've read it sounds like I might as well get OOTP Baseball...

AmarilloRed
01-19-2009, 06:14 PM
From the reviews I've read it sounds like I might as well get OOTP Baseball...

Rent it and see if you like it. If you do, put down the $40. That's what I am going to do.

hebroncougar
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Anyone seen minimum computer specs for this one?

OUReds
01-19-2009, 08:53 PM

Valkyria Chronicles (http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chronicles-Playstation-3/dp/B0016C3260/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1232416204&sr=8-1)

Jeanne D'arc (http://www.amazon.com/Jeanne-Darc-Sony-PSP/dp/B000R37S78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1232416500&sr=1-1) if you have a PSP.

jmcclain19
01-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I just picked up MLB Front Office for the Xbox. Anyone else playing it this week?

BRM
01-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I just picked up MLB Front Office for the Xbox. Anyone else playing it this week?

Give us some impressions when you get a chance. I'd love to hear what the 'Zoners think of this game.

*BaseClogger*
01-27-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm thinking about it, but it greatly depends on the impression it leaves on sports gamers such as yourself. Please let me know how it is...

Degenerate39
01-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I'll probably buy it today or some time tomorrow.

AmarilloRed
01-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I tried to pick it up today, but the GameStop associates told me the UPS truck that would deliver it been delayed by the ice and snow. I will be by tomorrow to pick it up.

AmarilloRed
01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
I saw this thread from 2k games about Front Office Manager. The thread is entitled
" I have the game, and can answer any questions you may have". I will provide a link below to the thread:

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204105

A couple of things of interest after reading the thread:

1. The trading system is flawed.

2. It costs a lot of money to scout players in Japan. 30 million+ just to put scouts there,and more to actually sign Japanese players. They are MLB-level players, though, and don't need to develop in the minor leagues.

3. You have 3 roster updates: one on Jan. 20, 1 in February, and one in April.

4. The June draft has 25 rounds.

5. You gain points for your GM if your team is in the top 5 statistical categories, and you lose points if you are in the bottom 5.

RosieRed
01-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I plan to pick up MLB Front Office sometime this week/weekend. Would love to hear others' thoughts on it.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Sorry to totally switch gears here, but has anyone else played the Resident Evil 5 demo? I think that this game is going to be absolutely amazing!

BRM
01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I saw this thread from 2k games about Front Office Manager. The thread is entitled . I will provide a link below to the thread:

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204105

A couple of things of interest after reading the thread:

1. The trading system is flawed.

2. It costs a lot of money to scout players in Japan. 30 million+ just to put scouts there,and more to actually sign Japanese players. They are MLB-level players, though, and don't need to develop in the minor leagues.

3. You have 3 roster updates: one on Jan. 20, 1 in February, and one in April.

4. The June draft has 25 rounds.

5. You gain points for your GM if your team is in the top 5 statistical categories, and you lose points if you are in the bottom 5.

Thanks! Any details on how the trading system is flawed?

paintmered
01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks! Any details on how the trading system is flawed?

I've read that there's way too much trading, it involves too many big name players and it's too hard to do it yourself. Many of the trades aren't "fair" either.

The free agent salary negotiations also are way more expensive than reality.

There's supposedly a forthcoming patch that will improve these aspects. I'm going to hold off on purchasing the game until I hear how that affects things.

BRM
01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
I've read that there's way too much trading, it involves too many big name players and it's too hard to do it yourself. Many of the trades aren't "fair" either.

The free agent salary negotiations also are way more expensive than reality.

There's supposedly a forthcoming patch that will improve these aspects. I'm going to hold off on purchasing the game until I hear how that affects things.

Same here. Sounds like waiting for the patch may the best approach. That's what I typically do with nearly every sports game anyway.

Degenerate39
01-28-2009, 04:18 PM
This game is hard. First season GMing the Reds and I get 100+ loses.

BRM
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM

It should be relatively easy to guide the Reds to 100 losses. ;)

Carin4Narron
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Has anybody got it yet? I am mainly interested in how the fantasy mode works on the PC verison. Any feedback will be appreicated. Thanks

Degenerate39
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
It should be relatively easy to guide the Reds to 100 losses. ;)

Didn't do it on purpose ;)

nate
01-28-2009, 05:45 PM

What did you do? Put the game in and press "go?"

Griffey012
01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I've always been a big fan of the Baseball Bogul series which sounds like it is about the same type of game. You would probably be better off going with baseball mogul however because it is relatively cheap, 20-30 bucks and has been around for 6-8 years or so, meaning they have all the kinks worked out already.

But I am also interested to hear about the likes of this game.

Stephenk29
01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I had OOTP about 6 years ago, obviously there has probably been a lot of changes but what does everyone think of it now? Good game? Realistic?

BoydsOfSummer
01-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Head over to Operation Sports. They have guys putting it through the paces. I was over there earlier and early reports weren't looking good.

Degenerate39
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
What did you do? Put the game in and press "go?"

Signed Kerry Wood and a few other relief pitchers. Every time I go through a seaon Harang has a terrible season so that's where most of the problems are coming from.

paintmered
01-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Head over to Operation Sports. They have guys putting it through the paces. I was over there earlier and early reports weren't looking good.

Link?

BRM
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM

Thanks. I'll check it out tonight.

jmcclain19
01-31-2009, 06:18 PM
I've had a busy week so today was the first time I've had to play MLB FOM. Quick and dirty answer is - it's a quirky game with promise but simply not as good as Mogul or OOTP. If you are ok with that and are excited about playing a baseball sim on your console then it's worth the $40. I prefer my couch over my desk so the game is worth putting up with the flaws for.

The game designers to me took almost no ideas or themes from either of the other two sims - which is odd because tutorials or help is nonexistant and you have to learn everything by trial and error.

I think that reason alone is why the game got bad reviews - it takes a good sized time investment and some screw ups to figure out the quirks.
The depth of the trading and free agent setup exposes how unintuitive the menus are and that becomes a irritant. In fact, that may be the part of the game that's the most important yet shows the least amount of polish.

Overall there is more than enough substance and depth to ignore to rough patches. I plan on keeping it and playing it for the forseeable future.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to fire away and I'll answer it as best I can.

jmcclain19
01-31-2009, 06:25 PM
One other note - 2k Sports promised roster updates with the game, yet the only one available online is for Dec 11. So it does not include any of the free agent signings for this year. I hope that doesn't speak to how they plan to support the game in the future.

Stephenk29
01-31-2009, 06:47 PM
I just bought Farcry 2. One extremely large map.

GoReds33
02-01-2009, 12:24 AM
I couldn't find anything on it, so I think I'll ask. Does this game include some way that you can build, or renovate your stadiums? That's something I love doing on Mogul and MLB games. That way I get my payroll higher. Any help would be great.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Over the next few weeks I'm going to start playing through my massive backlog that my girlfriend and I have between the two of us. Probably 25 or 30 games total. My goal is to beat all of them, and see how much my gamerscore goes up on Live.

We are a geeky couple.

WMR
02-01-2009, 01:09 AM
25-30 games?!?!?!

Gimme some titles.

toledodan
02-01-2009, 01:31 AM
i'm up to 34 PS3 titles after picking up fallout 3 and mortal combat / dc univ this week. also put my deposit down on resident evil 5 and mlb the show 09. the demo for RE5 comes out monday!:thumbup::D

AmarilloRed
02-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Things are going well for my GM. I just got promoted to a level 2 GM, and as a result, I was able to add 4 points to improve my GM. I put 2 in Pitching Coach, and 2 in trades. I made solid trades, and signed Ben Sheets in free agency. Let's just hope I don't lose the points when the season starts. I can say the trading system is a bit unrealistic, though. I just traded Bronson Arroyo for Troy Tulowitski, and I don't think the Rockies would do that trade in real life.

WMR
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Can you change player's positions and is it realistic? For instance, can you make B.Phil a SS?

AmarilloRed
02-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Can you change player's positions and is it realistic? For instance, can you make B.Phil a SS?

I'd have to look at Brandon Phillips positions he can play. Each player has a certain number of positions he can play, and a certain compatibility with each position. You could put Brandon at SS if he has compatability at that position, but he may not be as good at SS as at 2B. You can't put a player at a position if he is incompatible at that position.

WMR
02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks.

How many hours of gameplay does it take to get through a season (on average)?

Is it easy to win the World Series?

Are there difficulty levels you can set?

HumnHilghtFreel
02-01-2009, 03:27 PM
25-30 games?!?!?!

Gimme some titles.

A lot are games that I've played, but haven't finished all the way, and others are games I just plain haven't played.

Right now working on:
Dead Rising, Crackdown, Saints Row 1 and 2, Prey, The Orange Box, Ninja Gaiden 2(I'll never beat this), Condemned 1 and 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Rainbow Six Vegas, The Godfather, Beautiful Katamari, Kameo, Splinter Cell, Project Gotham Racing 4, Prince of Persia, Lego Indiana Jones.

So I overshot the number by a bit, but that pile of games looks mighty tall. Doesn't include the games I have beat

WMR
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Nice.

I've beaten Godfather. Fun little game. Good tune-up for Godfather 2 coming out shortly.

WMR
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah: beaten Saints Row 2. Awesome game. Lots of fun.

Degenerate39
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks.

How many hours of gameplay does it take to get through a season (on average)?

Is it easy to win the World Series?

Are there difficulty levels you can set?

It's not easy to win the world series with the Reds that's all I know.

No there are no difficulty levels as far as I can tell

Tyler Durden
02-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Here's a review of Front Office manager from IGN... The reviewer likes acting out the GM role, but apparently he absolutely hates the interface.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/948/948583p1.html

HumnHilghtFreel
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Only because I know a lot of people in here are interested in it, I saw the review for MLB:FOM in GameInformer and it seemed to not be favorable at all. It got a 3/10 in the initial review and I believe a 3.75/10 in the second opinion.

Degenerate39
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Whens MLB The Show 09 come out?

elfmanvt07
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Whens MLB The Show 09 come out?

March 3rd. I've got it reserved for PS3.

kaldaniels
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I've looked several places for this...maybe RZ will come to the rescue.

Has anyone experienced glitches in Madden 2009 on the 360. In specific...when I go to train my players in franchise mode, the system freezes up while loading the training session. And the other issue is my right thumbstick going out of control making menus hard to navigate and occasionally messing with gameplay. Thanks!

GoReds33
02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I've looked several places for this...maybe RZ will come to the rescue.

Has anyone experienced glitches in Madden 2009 on the 360. In specific...when I go to train my players in franchise mode, the system freezes up while loading the training session. And the other issue is my right thumbstick going out of control making menus hard to navigate and occasionally messing with gameplay. Thanks!Is the game saved to your system?

Degenerate39
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
March 3rd. I've got it reserved for PS3.

I'll have to play against you online one day then

kaldaniels
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Is the game saved to your system?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. My franchise??? Yes it is saved.

GoReds33
02-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that. My franchise??? Yes it is saved.No, if you have a hard drive with the Xbox, you can save it to the system. Go to your dashboard, and find your list of games. Then you select the one you want, and there will be an option to download it to the hard drive. If it is not badly scratched, it should save. If not, it's a problem with your disc.

kaldaniels
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
No, if you have a hard drive with the Xbox, you can save it to the system. Go to your dashboard, and find your list of games. Then you select the one you want, and there will be an option to download it to the hard drive. If it is not badly scratched, it should save. If not, it's a problem with your disc.

You can save games to the hard drive???...who knew? :eek:

Anyway I did that and it still freezes up while loading the training session.

Thanks for the info though

AmarilloRed
02-05-2009, 12:15 AM
The hardest thing so far for me in MLB FOM was taking my 40 man roster, and reducing it to 25 players. Veteran players can reduce an assignment to the minors, so a lot of the time you have to end up trading them. FWIW, your GM can gain a lot of XP if you trade a veteran player and trade him for a young player with a potential of 60 or more.

FutureRedsGM
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Just an FYI - untold legends: dark kingdom (ps3) is probably one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Luckily, I got it for $19 on clearance at wallys.

Stephenk29
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
XBOX LIVE

Tell me how this works. What does it cost to get on it? I think PS3 is free but not 360?

*BaseClogger*
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
XBOX LIVE

Tell me how this works. What does it cost to get on it? I think PS3 is free but not 360?

Yes, PS3 online is free. However, I think Xbox Live is the superior product and the vast majority of my friends who play online use XBL.

There are two types of XBL. XBL Silver is free and only allows you to chat with your friends. XBL Gold is the real thing that supports the games online.

The cost for XBL Gold is based on what type of subscription card you buy. They have one month, three month, and twelve month cards. Obviously, with the shorter time lengths you are going to end up paying more per month. I go for the twelve month cards because they include a thirteenth month free. I think they cost something like $55.

My Xbox 360 came with free XBL Gold trials. I suggest you plug in your 360 and make a free Silver account. At the end it might offer you a free Gold one month trial. And if you ask around your friends might have other free trial offers...

WMR
02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
A buddy gave me an extra code for the Halo costume, weapon, and extra dungeon that came with the Limited Edition of Fable II. They're going for at least 30 bucks on eBay. NICE.

Also: EGM went out of business. Very, very sad, I've been subscriber of that magazine for probably at least 10 years now. :(

Xbox live Gold is the way to go. Superior to PS3 Network in just about every way.

Caveat Emperor
02-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Sad news about EGM -- I used to subscribe when I was in middle school - high school. I've got a bunch of back issues saved somewhere in a box at my parents house. In the early internet days, it was pretty much the authority on unbiased game reviews and coverage of the industry.

In other news, Circuit City is now 20% off on all game consoles. For those in the Cincinnati area, I was in the CC on Ridge yesterday and they had quite a few PS3s and XBox360s available for sale still.

I almost pulled the trigger on an XBox, but I couldn't justify buying an inferior system to the PS3 just to save a few bucks.

Stephenk29
02-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on an XBox, but I couldn't justify buying an inferior system to the PS3 just to save a few bucks.

Your just biased for the blue ray

Caveat Emperor
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Your just biased for the blue ray

I suppose. ;)

I have friends who own both, and as best I can tell, the only thing the 360 does better than the PS3 is online -- and I never reach the level of proficiency at games required to make online play fun.

When you factor in the improved hardware specs from the PS3 & the Blue Ray playback ability, I can't see a good reason to buy an 360 instead of a PS3 other than the fact the 360 is about $100 cheaper.

pahster
02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I suppose. ;)

I have friends who own both, and as best I can tell, the only thing the 360 does better than the PS3 is online -- and I never reach the level of proficiency at games required to make online play fun.

When you factor in the improved hardware specs from the PS3 & the Blue Ray playback ability, I can't see a good reason to buy an 360 instead of a PS3 other than the fact the 360 is about $100 cheaper.

The 360 has a significantly better (in that it's much larger) library of games. That said, the PC destroys all consoles as a gaming platform.

Jpup
02-09-2009, 12:41 AM
I didn't see this posted, but the demo for MLB The Show 09 is available on the PSN. I've played it a ton over the past few days. The demo is amazing and it's actually based on an early build. The final version will be even better.

*BaseClogger*
02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
That reminds me, the Halo Wars demo is now available for download on the XBL dashboard. I played through it a couple of nights ago. You can play the first two campaign levels and some multiplayer but no XBL. The story seems okay and the story graphics are awesome but the in-game graphics are lacking. The game play seemed repetitive and weak compared to a PC RTS but I haven't tried the multiplayer out too much so I'll have to come back...

toledodan
02-09-2009, 02:11 AM
I suppose. ;)

i agree! i had the 360 first and loved it.(still have it) i had no complaints at all. i finally took the plunge and bought a ps3 last summer and never looked back. the blu-ray player is nice even though i already have 2 others. the big upside to the ps3 is the fact they use the blu-ray format for the games. there is so much they can do with the capacity of those discs compared to the 360. the graphics and video presentation blows the 360 away. of course the 360 will have their own releases you can't get on ps3, but that goes both ways. if the 360 adds the blu-ray(rumored) than i can see it getting close to an even playing field again. of course the 360 will have to come up with a baseball title that even comes close to mlb the show. that game just kicks a$$!:D:beerme:

*BaseClogger*
02-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I never got a ton of satisfaction out of playing a baseball video game because they have never come close to matching the complexity of the game...

Razor Shines
02-09-2009, 04:12 AM
For those with a PS3; do you think that the PSN has made any strides in terms of competing with XBL? Their PSN Home beta has been out since December and I just downloaded it earlier tonight. It's kinda cool, I played pool for about an hour.

I've never used XBL, so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing. I've never thought that the PSN was lacking too much, but everybody says that XBL is much better so I guess it's a fact.

WMR
02-09-2009, 06:22 AM
I have both online "communities" so to speak, Razor, and the PS3 has definitely made strides, it's just impossible to catch up in a couple years to a company that has been honing THEIR online community for, what, 8 years now?

As to the PCs are better than consoles for gaming: Disagree. Playing a game on a PC sitting in a desk chair automatically makes it a less enjoyable experience IMO when I could be sitting on my couch in front of a 51" HDTV w/ 5.1 surround sound.

The myth that the PS3 hardware allows for better games than 360: Developers HATE programming for the PS3. The 360, on the other hand, is the easiest to program for system to date. Just about every game produced as a multi-system title will look and play better on the 360. Titles that are PS3 exclusives are FINALLY beginning to look spectacular, as programmers learn the ins and outs of the PS3 hardware, but the list of PS3 exclusives is pathetically small.

I own all 3 major systems, so don't call me a fanboy. Just calling it like I see it.

pahster
02-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I never got a ton of satisfaction out of playing a baseball video game because they have never come close to matching the complexity of the game...

The High Heat series sure did. Unfortunately, I think the last one came out in 2003.

As to the PCs are better than consoles for gaming: Disagree. Playing a game on a PC sitting in a desk chair automatically makes it a less enjoyable experience IMO when I could be sitting on my couch in front of a 51" HDTV w/ 5.1 surround sound.

From a hardware perspective, consoles aren't even comparable to PC's. As for wanting to play on your couch, that's fine. You can use your TV as a monitor. If I had a 51 inch TV I know I would. :p:

WMR
02-09-2009, 08:21 AM
The High Heat series sure did. Unfortunately, I think the last one came out in 2003.

From a hardware perspective, consoles aren't even comparable to PC's. As for wanting to play on your couch, that's fine. You can use your TV as a monitor. If I had a 51 inch TV I know I would. :p:

I've played some of the more recent "killer apps" on PC ... My opinion is this: despite the huge hardware disparity between this latest generation of consoles and high-end PCs, the differences between the games themselves are negligible. The graphics etc. etc. are pretty much uniformly spectacular across the board. Sort of like the guy who built my PC telling me that after a few gigs of RAM it's pure overkill b/c I'm not doing any of the high-end processing that could ever properly utilize such massive amounts of processing power.

WMR
02-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I downloaded the new Sony@Home beta and it seems pretty cool after fooling around with it for a half hour or so. What I'll be interested to observe is if Sony can continue to innovate it and add things to bring me back or if it will only be a stale, "gimmicky" type interface.

With Sony's impressive backlog of movies, it would be amazing if they would put some of their full-length films in their virtual theater instead of using it just for trailers. For instance, it would be really cool to have a 1:30, 2:30, 3:30 etc. etc. showing of Spider-Man on one of their screens. They could easily run couple minute long commercials every half hour or so to subsidize the playing of their full-length features. Watching a film with a virtual theater full of people could be really cool as there is a small chat box where people can react to what is happening on screen (they have this feature currently, but only with a couple movie trailers).

kaldaniels
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM

A nuance of the High Heat series that I loved on the PC was the quickness of gameplay...no multi-second lag time between pitches...if you knew what you are doing you could get through a game real quick. I want to play multiple 162 game seasons when I am in franchise mode...there's no way that is possible on the console games that I have played.

OUReds
02-09-2009, 11:50 AM
For those with a PS3; do you think that the PSN has made any strides in terms of competing with XBL? Their PSN Home beta has been out since December and I just downloaded it earlier tonight. It's kinda cool, I played pool for about an hour.

I've never used XBL, so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing. I've never thought that the PSN was lacking too much, but everybody says that XBL is much better so I guess it's a fact.

It's not a fact, just old news that has crystallized into myth. They both have compelling exclusive content. They both have in game communications. They both facilitate on-line gaming. Both have silly mii rip-offs.

The only thing that XBox live has over PSN is a larger install base, a large consideration if all your friends have XBoxes.

The PS3 has no games argument is also soooo 2008. Multi-platform releases are now pretty much equal in quality, and Sony has just as many, if not more, exclusives as Microsoft.

WMR
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Wrong. The Xbox Live Marketplace content absolutely dwarfs that available on PS3.

Want to play the DLC for Fallout 3? Hope you have a 360, b/c it isn't available on PS3. Same story with the GTA IV DLC.

"Sony has just as many, if not more, exclusives as Microsoft"??? :laugh: Are these games that people are actually supposed to want to play? The Show and MGS4 and ... ... ... ... Little Big Planet? :lol:

Jpup
02-09-2009, 01:18 PM
A nuance of the High Heat series that I loved on the PC was the quickness of gameplay...no multi-second lag time between pitches...if you knew what you are doing you could get through a game real quick. I want to play multiple 162 game seasons when I am in franchise mode...there's no way that is possible on the console games that I have played.

Turn on quick play on The Show and it's possible to play a game very quickly. The Show is much more realistic than High Heat ever was as well.

OUReds
02-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Wrong. The Xbox Live Marketplace content absolutely dwarfs that available on PS3.

There is a lot of crap on the XBox live Marketplace. Quantity does not equal quality. If I compared the exclusive material on each I care about, I'd put PSN slightly in the lead personally, but it's pretty close. It's Rez HD/Geometry wars/Ikaruga/Pac-man CE Vs. PJ Eden/Super Stardust HD/PJ Monsters/Wipeout HD. Flip a coin.

Want to play the DLC for Fallout 3? Hope you have a 360, b/c it isn't available on PS3. Same story with the GTA IV DLC.

Paying truckloads of money for the timed-exclusive right to have people pay to extend a 30 plus hour game by another 10 hours or so is a dumb business model. Third party exclusivity is going the way of the dodo, and exclusive DLC will quickly follow it down.

As for specifics, I have no interest in the GTA DLC because, frankly, the main game was a little more then enough for me if ya know what I mean. I might consider the Fallout DLC (I bought Fallout 3 on Steam) when I finish the game sometime in 2027.

"Sony has just as many, if not more, exclusives as Microsoft"??? :laugh: Are these games that people are actually supposed to want to play? The Show and MGS4 and ... ... ... ... Little Big Planet? :lol:

Well, I could say something like...

":laugh: Are these Micro$oft games that people are actually supposed to want to play? Halo and Gears and ... ... ... ...Banjo Kazooie? :lol:"

But I know better then that and so should you.

The PS3 already has Buzz!, Disgea 3, Hot Shots Golf, LBP, MGS4, Motorstorm 2, MLB The Show, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted (my favorite game of this generation BTW), Valkyria Chronicles, Resistance, and Warhawk.

To name just a few coming up soon, we have Killzone 2, GOW3, Grand Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, infamous, White Knight Chronicles, and MAG.

Both systems have advantages and disadvantages, but the "LOL no gamez" argument against the PS3 is pure fanboi nonsense by this point.

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
You're the first person I've encountered who seriously attempted to posit that the PS3 online experience was on the same level or even better than that found on Xbox.

You're seriously going to bring up "Buzz!" to supplant your argument about PS3 exclusivity? :) A mediocre trivia game?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/buzzquiztv/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Asides from MGS4 and The Show, there are no killer app titles that are PS3 exclusive.

Gears of War ... Gears of War 2 ... Halo 3 ... Halo Wars ... Fable II ... Left4Dead ... I could list some more, and I haven't even dipped into future releases at all, but that's 'GAME OVER' right there.

The biggest advantage of the PS3 is the blu-ray player, which is what I use my PS3 for about 80% of the time.

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:09 PM
One other thing: I don't believe DLC for killer app games is going ANYWHERE. Extending a title's profitability is one of the primary advantages intrinsic to having the vast majority of your target audience installed onto a high speed internet connected gaming network.

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:11 PM
What's everyone's name on the PS3@Home network? I'm WhoDeyAgent0069.

We can get online and have a dance party. :rolleyes: :D

OUReds
02-09-2009, 02:35 PM
You're the first person I've encountered who seriously attempted to posit that the PS3 online experience was on the same level or even better than that found on Xbox.

Well, there are a lot of people that only own X-Boxes. That's a lot of people with an inherent bias. Razor specifically asked for the opinion of a PS3 owner for a reason, and I gave mine.

The PS3 started this Gen seriously behind when it comes to online functionality, no doubt about that. However, I think they have essentially caught up now. It takes time for perception to catch up with reality. Why do you think X-box Live is so superior?

You're seriously going to bring up "Buzz!" to supplant your argument about PS3 exclusivity? :) A mediocre trivia game?

Sure. Understand that just because you aren't interested in it (or the genre) doesn't mean it's not a great game. Are we really going to play dueling reviews?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/912/912126p1.html

Asides from MGS4 and The Show, there are no killer app titles that are PS3 exclusive.

Gears of War ... Gears of War 2 ... Halo 3 ... Halo Wars ... Fable II ... Left4Dead ... I could list some more, and I haven't even dipped into future releases at all, but that's 'GAME OVER' right there.

The biggest advantage of the PS3 is the blu-ray player, which is what I use my PS3 for about 80% of the time.

How many killer apps does the PS3 need before you acknowledge there are plenty of good game experiences on it? To me I see, well, Gears, Halo (including a "killer app" that hasn't even been released yet. Nice.), and Fable. Yet MGS, MLB 09, and Little Big Planet are laughable?

I'm not saying there aren't great XBox 360 games, there certainly are. I am saying that the PS3 games library no longer takes a back seat.

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
You make good arguments. Nice discussion. I lean one way and you lean another. Nothing wrong with healthy disagreement.

Hell, I hope the PS3 network and system continues to make strides and becomes better and better b/c we, as gamers, desperately need these two to keep pushing one another so the technology and games continue to advance as quickly as possible (LOL Nintendo is doing their own thing. And doing it quite well, to be sure).

Edit: sorry, I had a brain fart and didn't categorize Halo Wars as a future release... maybe b/c I played the demo last night? haha

OUReds
02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
The Wii is for first party Nintendo games only. I've just come to accept that!

Besides, come next week there is only one game that matters, and it's multi-platform...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/hwlegend/StreetFighter4.jpg

I'll try and get a picture of my custom Joystick I modded for SSFHDR (that's super street fighter HD Remix for those not up on their geek parlance)

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:43 PM

Except for No More Heroes. The greatest game that seemingly no one has played. Freaking awesome game.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/heroes/index.html?tag=result;title;0

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:48 PM

Besides, come next week there is only one game that matters, and it's multi-platform...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/hwlegend/StreetFighter4.jpg

I'll try and get a picture of my custom Joystick I modded for SSFHDR (that's super street fighter HD Remix for those not up on their geek parlance)

Have you seen the Japanese arcade quality SF IV joystick that they are releasing??? It's like $140.00 but damn is it freaking sweet... I might just have to go crazy and buy one.

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Here's a link to the SF IV tournament controllers: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/blogs/london-calling/909183773/26741054/mad-catz-street-fighter-iv-products-get-uk-date.html

OUReds
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah, Suda51 is one of the few Japanese developers this Gen who still matter. I haven't played it, but I keep meaning to pick it up.

The SF4 fightstick tournament edition is pure sex. I would have bought one had I not already had an stick already modded with equivalent parts.

Here we go, Sanwa buttons, Semitsu bubbletop on the joystick.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s116/hwlegend/DSCF1026.jpg

WMR
02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Make sure to post photos of your handiwork.

Caveat Emperor
02-09-2009, 03:12 PM

I've got a Wii and the only games I play are Nintendo releases. It's a really interesting system -- but nobody has really figured out what to do with it other than be gimmicky.

I'm also part of the now seemingly dying breed of JRPG fans, so where the next "Final Fantasy" title lands is always of paramount importance to me when I select a console.

OUReds
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Is the Wii the new Teddy Ruxpin? (http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/09/lunchtime-video-%E2%80%94-is-the-wii-a-teddy-ruxpin/)

FutureRedsGM
02-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Is the Wii the new Teddy Ruxpin? (http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/09/lunchtime-video-%E2%80%94-is-the-wii-a-teddy-ruxpin/)

Great video blog. Lots of truth there. We have the Wii and PS3. Wii (and its game catalog) is definietly geared towards our 5 year old while the PS3 is much more adult oriented. Wii sports and Wii play was a lot of fun for the first few weeks, then I got bored with it. It hasn't lost it's appeal with the kiddo though. He still plays about 3 times a week.

Stephenk29
02-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I thought I had been playing to many video games lately, then I got on LIVE for the first time. People are way to good at this stuff.

*BaseClogger*
02-11-2009, 12:59 AM
I thought I had been playing to many video games lately, then I got on LIVE for the first time. People are way to good at this stuff.

:lol:

What game did you play?

Stephenk29
02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
COD4. I mean I was getting crushed like I've never played. I was usually in the middle of the pack, but some people are just unstoppable haha. Its like their cheating.

*BaseClogger*
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
COD4. I mean I was getting crushed like I've never played. I was usually in the middle of the pack, but some people are just unstoppable haha. Its like their cheating.

Games like Call of Duty and Halo are full of ridiculous players. I should know, my brother has a 2.3 K/D ratio in CoD5. People have logged days of game play online. Plus, CoD4 has been out for a while and the people still playing it are hardcore. Not the easiest game to transition into XBL!

We need to play together. Send me a friend request - ooo Shenanigans

BuckeyeRedleg
02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I've heard people shoot in the 30's in Tiger Woods 2009. They must be playing on easy level. I can't understand it. I play on the hardest level (Tour Pro) . My player has beaten 70% of the Tiger challenge, but only has like an 8.5 (out of 12?) rating so far. I haven't played online yet, but I manage to shoot low 60's on some courses for now. I'm wondering, once I get my player up to his highest rating, if I play online, do they give you a choice on what level to play on? If so, do they divide the categories up so that I'm not competing against someone playing on "easy" mode.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Games like Call of Duty and Halo are full of ridiculous players. I should know, my brother has a 2.3 K/D ratio in CoD5. People have logged days of game play online. Plus, CoD4 has been out for a while and the people still playing it are hardcore. Not the easiest game to transition into XBL!

I was wondering who that was on my friends list. My girlfriend usually hilariously repeats your screenname out loud when you sign on [bad irish accent]"oooOoOo Shenanigans" [/bad irish accent]

I'm Necrophile00 on there, in case you're wondering. We'll have to play sometime.

*BaseClogger*
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I was wondering who that was on my friends list. My girlfriend usually hilariously repeats your screenname out loud when you sign on [bad irish accent]"oooOoOo Shenanigans" [/bad irish accent]

I'm Necrophile00 on there, in case you're wondering. We'll have to play sometime.

I have heard my name in a million different bad Irish accents. :)

Are you the one who constantly changes your name?

I think I accidentally send you party invites because you are on all the time!

HumnHilghtFreel
02-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I have heard my name in a million different bad Irish accents. :)

Are you the one who constantly changes your name?

I think I accidentally send you party invites because you are on all the time!

Yeah, I've had my name banned a time or two for being inappropriate :lol:

Caveat Emperor
02-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Well, I waited 24 hours too long. I was at Circuit City last night and they had several PS3s on sale for 20% off. I decided I would sleep on it, and come back today if I wanted one. I decided I was going to pull the trigger, went on my lunch hour only to find they were sold out.

Called around Cincinnati -- every CC is out of stock. Tons of 360s laying around, but no PS3s.

Oh well. I was kinda eager to try out the new MLB Front Office game.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-12-2009, 12:38 AM
I bought an 80GB PS3 tonight for my girlfriend for Valentines day.

Just in time for Killzone 2.

Ain't love grand?

BoydsOfSummer
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Well, I waited 24 hours too long. I was at Circuit City last night and they had several PS3s on sale for 20% off. I decided I would sleep on it, and come back today if I wanted one. I decided I was going to pull the trigger, went on my lunch hour only to find they were sold out.

Called around Cincinnati -- every CC is out of stock. Tons of 360s laying around, but no PS3s.

Oh well. I was kinda eager to try out the new MLB Front Office game.

You need one for MLB:The Show on march 3. Trust me on this.:thumbup:

Degenerate39
02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
You need one for MLB:The Show on march 3. Trust me on this.:thumbup:

Best baseball gaming franchise in a long time :thumbup:

HumnHilghtFreel
02-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Got Resistance 2 for the PS3 and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the 360 today. I'm loving all the old Genesis games so far, Comix Zone is still kickin my rear.

Lots of games coming up I still want too. Street Fighter IV, Killzone 2, and Halo Wars.

WMR
02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Resident. Evil. 5.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Resident. Evil. 5.

Absolutely hated the demo for it. The controls are so clunky and plodding and the aiming system felt bad to me. I've heard that's how most the others play though, but it's just not for me.

*BaseClogger*
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
What do you guys think of the Halo Wars demo?

Stephenk29
02-12-2009, 08:09 PM

how do I even request ?

HumnHilghtFreel
02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
What do you guys think of the Halo Wars demo?

Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, but I watched my girl play it a bit and it actually looks pretty good, especially if you're into the whole Halo universe. She had never played an RTS before and had very little trouble with the controls, so it seems like it won't be too bad for someone who has some experience with them.

*BaseClogger*
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
how do I even request ?

Alright newb, what's your gamertag and I'll do it for you? :p:

HumnHilghtFreel
02-12-2009, 09:26 PM
how do I even request ?

Press your Menu button(the xbox symbol in the middle of the controller), scroll down to Friends, and Add friend or Contact should be the first thing you see. Just put in the person's gamertag and it will send them a request.

You can also do it via xbox.com if you need.

Stephenk29
02-12-2009, 09:54 PM
oh crap now I'm getting the noob tag thrown at me.

I use the usually name

<------------------------

Caveat Emperor
02-13-2009, 12:26 AM
For those interested in such things, Circuit City is now down to 40% off remaining games, and 25% off consoles.

All they have left, for game consoles, are the 60 gig XBox 360s -- which they're selling for $229 -- and some PSPs at around $120. For games, it's mostly PS2, PS3 and Nintendo DS titles. Also a lot of Guitar Hero / Rock Band sets at 25% off.

DVDs and CDs are now 40% off -- with a decent selection of movies.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-13-2009, 06:46 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172779 New trailer out for God of War 3

AmarilloRed
02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
For those interested in such things, Circuit City is now down to 40% off remaining games, and 25% off consoles.

All they have left, for game consoles, are the 60 gig XBox 360s -- which they're selling for $229 -- and some PSPs at around $120. For games, it's mostly PS2, PS3 and Nintendo DS titles. Also a lot of Guitar Hero / Rock Band sets at 25% off.

DVDs and CDs are now 40% off -- with a decent selection of movies.

I stopped by my local Circuit City, and there was a "Going Out of Business" sign up. This may be the reason for the discounted prices.

toledodan
02-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Best baseball gaming franchise in a long time :thumbup:

mlb the show 08 was the best baseball game i've played since high heat 2004 on the pc. i downloaded the show 09 off the ps3 network and all i can say is WOW! if the demo looked that good i can't wait till march 3rd to play the real thing.

Degenerate39
02-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Anyone know if MLB The Show 09 will have trophies?

WMR
02-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I thought I read somewhere that after a certain date--which has passed--all PS3 titles were REQUIRED to have trophies? I think I'm right on that.

nate
02-14-2009, 11:35 AM

Yes. One of them is the "Ltlabner Attaboy Trophy" for hitting .200 with Corey Patterson.

toledodan
02-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes. One of them is the "Ltlabner Attaboy Trophy" for hitting .200 with Corey Patterson.

man that will be hard to get.:D

OUReds
02-14-2009, 03:46 PM

All PS3 games certified by Sony after January 1st are required to have trophies, so MLB 09 will have them.

Usually, the trophy list is leaked well before release (we know the trophies for MLB 2K9 for example), but strangely we haven't seen anything for MLB 09 yet.

I'll post a link as soon as anything is known.

jmcclain19
02-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Regarding the Xbox360 v PS3 argument, I guess I've never understood the fanboyism from everyone about one or the other.

Honestly my decision came down to which system all my friends had - and that was a 360. I'm glad I did because there have been several 360 only games that I have immensely enjoyed specifically Mass Effect, Fable II, Gears (don't tell anyone but I may be the only 360 owner to date that hasn't gotten into Halo...).

Xbox Live does have an amazing amount of content on it - my wife and I watch "The Guild" along with the Horror meets Comedy series on a weekly basis. But the sheer amount of players helps make the service worthwhile. I busted out The Orange Box, a game that's been out for well over a year and was able to get in several Team Fortress 2 games for hours this week. With full 16 member parties.

But after watching the God of War III stuff from this week, When it comes out in March of '10 that may be when I break the bank and pick one up. I also think the Killzone II & Uncharted games look excellent. And Steel swears by Heavenly Sword so I'll have to give that whirl.

It's just weird to me to be so angry with one over the other - if you're a gamer you should enjoy games, no matter the system.

Speaking of that - Fieldrunners on my iPhone - may be the best game ever.

jmcclain19
02-14-2009, 03:57 PM
If anyone else is playing MLB Front Office, I switched to the Fantasy League with the Reds, and am enjoying that more than the straight up setting.

My Reds have Hanley Ramirez, Evan Longoria, Jay Bruce, Joey Votto and Chase Headley as our young core. With King Felix, Harang & Matt Cain on the bump and Lidge closing games.

I badly need a bullpen though, I'm getting slaughtered without one.

jmcclain19
02-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Saturday Night Live had a skit about adults playing the Wii.

You can find it here - but a word of caution. It's definitely not kid friendly. Very funny, nothing graphic or obscene at all but stuff you probably wouldn't want young ears to hear or young eyes to see.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/57938/saturday-night-live-wii-guys

HumnHilghtFreel
02-15-2009, 07:28 PM
It's just weird to me to be so angry with one over the other - if you're a gamer you should enjoy games, no matter the system.

Absolutely. I've never understood it either. I'm thrilled to finally be a PS360 owner with all the games coming out. This is truly a golden age for gaming.

Caveat Emperor
02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Regarding the Xbox360 v PS3 argument, I guess I've never understood the fanboyism from everyone about one or the other.

Microsoft is a polarizing company -- there are still a lot of gamers/geeks who never got over the idea of the people that make Windows were trying to 'muscle in' on the video game market. Plus, console wars are hardly new -- before Xbox v. PS3, it was PS2 v. Xbox, and before that it was PS1 v. N64, and before that it was SNES v. Sega Genesis, and before that it was Atari v. Nintendo, etc.

On that note, I have buried my previous hatchet with Microsoft and, as of Sunday, am now an XBox360 owner.

Let the fun begin.

*BaseClogger*
02-17-2009, 07:35 PM
On that note, I have buried my previous hatchet with Microsoft and, as of Sunday, am now an XBox360 owner.

Let the fun begin.

You made the right choice--you bought American! :usa:

;)

Caveat Emperor
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
You made the right choice--you bought American! :usa:

Just doing my part to help us out of this economic freefall. ;)

I'm on Xbox Live as "Caveat Two Step" (some jack had already registered "Caveat Emperor" -- I'm wishing terrible things upon them right now). I'll be accepting all reasonable requests for friendship.

WMR
02-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Watch out! There's this one fella on there who goes by the name of "Shenanigans" who likes to get up to some tomfoolery!

*BaseClogger*
02-18-2009, 12:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vpe98B-IAM

OUReds
02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
MLB 09 The Show Trophies (http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/mlb-09-the-show/trophies/)

Caveat Emperor
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
MLB 09 The Show Trophies (http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/mlb-09-the-show/trophies/)

I guess I'm just a nerd, but why would they have a RttS trophy for a 50 game hitting streak instead of a 56 game hitting streak?

Degenerate39
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Ill get most of those trophies in the same day I buy the game

WMR
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Microsoft is a polarizing company -- there are still a lot of gamers/geeks who never got over the idea of the people that make Windows were trying to 'muscle in' on the video game market. Plus, console wars are hardly new -- before Xbox v. PS3, it was PS2 v. Xbox, and before that it was PS1 v. N64, and before that it was SNES v. Sega Genesis, and before that it was Atari v. Nintendo, etc.

Let the fun begin.

You have chosen ... ... ... Wisely. :D

AmarilloRed
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
A lot of the trophies are for playing on All-Star level or above, and you need to actually play the games to get the streak trophies. I guess this is the year I play above Veteran.:)

Degenerate39
02-19-2009, 07:37 PM
A lot of the trophies are for playing on All-Star level or above, and you need to actually play the games to get the streak trophies. I guess this is the year I play above Veteran.:)

lol That's what I was thinking

HumnHilghtFreel
02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Got Street Fighter IV for the PS3... I suck :lol:

Caveat Emperor
02-19-2009, 10:51 PM
You have chosen ... ... ... Wisely. :D

This just in -- video game on an HDTV are amazing. :shocked:

I can't believe I've been missing this for all this time. :lol:

WMR
02-19-2009, 11:01 PM
This just in -- video game on an HDTV are amazing. :shocked:

I can't believe I've been missing this for all this time. :lol:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Caveat Emperor
02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
IGN's review of Star Ocean: The Last Hope came out yesterday: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/955/955258p1.html.

This game, along with reading that FFXIII had gone cross-platform, is what pushed me over the edge in deciding to buy a 360. I *loved* the original Star Ocean, which I spent hours playing on an emulator when I was in high school (using a half-completed translation patch that was a total nightmare to apply correctly on a Mac), and I quite enjoyed Second Story when that came out on the PS1.

Reading the review, I'm really eager to give this game a spin. Even the "negative" parts of the review are awesome, as far as I'm concerned. Hell, I grew up with the Final Fantasy series on the SNES and PS1 -- give me "cliche RPG story" and "non-innovative, traditional gameplay" all day long. ;)

jmcclain19
02-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Caveat I just sent you an friend request from JoshMcC.

I actually wasn't going to get MLB2K9. Until I saw this video. Looks like it has a completely new developer & gameplay mechanics that got rid of most of what I disliked about last season.

http://g4tv.com/xplay/previews/36764/Hands-On-Preview-Major-League-Baseball-2K9.html

WMR
02-21-2009, 12:17 AM

I actually wasn't going to get MLB2K9. Until I saw this video. Looks like it has a completely new developer & gameplay mechanics that got rid of most of what I disliked about last season.

http://g4tv.com/xplay/previews/36764/Hands-On-Preview-Major-League-Baseball-2K9.html

My advice to CE: Ignore that friend request and put Joshmcc on your ignore list!!!

DUDE IS CRAZYYYYY

Yachtzee
02-21-2009, 01:09 PM
I got a $25 gift card from Best Buy for my birthday, so if I were to buy one Xbox game right now, what would it be?

toledodan
02-21-2009, 01:18 PM
I got a $25 gift card from Best Buy for my birthday, so if I were to buy one Xbox game right now, what would it be?

if thats all you got i would get the half life orange box. its 5 games in 1.:thumbup:

jmcclain19
02-21-2009, 01:19 PM
if thats all you got i would get the half life orange box. its 5 games in 1.:thumbup:

Completely agree. Portal alone is worth the $25

toledodan
02-21-2009, 01:38 PM

got to give them credit as it looks 100% better. i had 2k8 and thought it was awful. not a fan of their controls. however with the improved graphics and different control setup i make take a look at it. of course i'm getting 09 the show but if 2k9 plays well i may get both.:beerme:

AmarilloRed
02-24-2009, 11:54 PM
I played the MLB 2009- The Show demo for the first time today. I couldn't even manage a single hit. I hope I do better with the finished product.

Highlifeman21
02-25-2009, 12:18 AM
I played the MLB 2009- The Show demo for the first time today. I couldn't even manage a single hit. I hope I do better with the finished product.

You just need to turn off the Willy Taveras mode.

That's all.

Sean_CaseyRules
02-25-2009, 04:22 AM
Completely agree. Portal alone is worth the $25

Half-Life 2 is worth that, plus more alone! The game is great!

smith288
02-25-2009, 09:59 AM

Use your left stick to Zone in on the location. Also, prior to the pitch, use the right stick to show your intention, pull, opposite, lift, swing down.

There is also a setting you can change for the batting mode with a circle that will show to zero on manually.

Try the guess feature too. I have been pretty good with guessing the location and type and destroyed the ball.

smith288
02-25-2009, 10:03 AM
BTW, im smith0288 on the PSN.

I play COD5 and COD4 mostly but when MLB comes out... Those games might need to go to storage for a bit.

sonny
02-25-2009, 10:44 AM

I play COD5 and COD4 mostly but when MLB comes out... Those games might need to go to storage for a bit.

What a geek.

Since I have no PS3, I'm stuck with MLB 2k9. I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it wont suck, otherwise I'll get the Show for the PS2.

Caveat Emperor
02-25-2009, 01:05 PM

I don't know that I could ever get sick of COD4 -- there's something awesomely fun about rising up from the ground in a ghillie suit and taking out a patroling soldier with a sniper rifle.

smith288
02-25-2009, 03:29 PM
What a geek.

Since I have no PS3, I'm stuck with MLB 2k9. I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it wont suck, otherwise I'll get the Show for the PS2.
Anyone have a PS3 willing to sell Sonny for cheap? He is a Sony fanboi and got a 360 for Christmas... Those seriously interested need only apply...

Nice news:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/25/ps3-price-cut-may-be-on-the-way-very-soon-says-analyst/

Caveat Emperor
02-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Nice news:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/25/ps3-price-cut-may-be-on-the-way-very-soon-says-analyst/

Isn't Sony already taking a huge hit on each console they sell as it is? I'm having a tough time seeing how they'll ever achieve profitability with the PS3, unless they plan on the console having a shelf life of close to a decade (unlikely) or if they think it's their best shot at getting lots of people to upgrade to Blue Ray and counting on making money off selling movies. The finances don't make sense otherwise.

I think they got outsold by Wii and 360 again this Christmas -- so I imagine they have to do something.

I'd be happy about a price drop, though, as I'd like to own both consoles from the current gen.

WMR
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
I downloaded the MLB 2K9 demo... looks like I might be buying two baseball games this year.

reds1869
02-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Isn't Sony already taking a huge hit on each console they sell as it is? I'm having a tough time seeing how they'll ever achieve profitability with the PS3, unless they plan on the console having a shelf life of close to a decade (unlikely) or if they think it's their best shot at getting lots of people to upgrade to Blue Ray and counting on making money off selling movies. The finances don't make sense otherwise.

I think they got outsold by Wii and 360 again this Christmas -- so I imagine they have to do something.

I'd be happy about a price drop, though, as I'd like to own both consoles from the current gen.

The PS3 is a Trojan Horse sneaking Blu-Ray into millions of homes around the world. Sony stands to make a ton of money from Blu-Ray sales, not to mention the cut they get from every game sold for the PS3.

I have a PS3, 360 and a Wii. The Ps3 is my absolute favorite but all three have their merits. I will never understand the fanboy complex. Heck, I'm a machead and think M$ is the devil, but that didn't stop me from buying their console. I'm a gamer first and foremost and appreciate quality games on any system.

Edit: I can't wait for MLB 09 The Show. I also can't wait for my copy of Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 to arrive from Japan this week!

sonny
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
I've played the MLB2k9 demo quite a few times. It's not perfect, but I'll probably get it. The analog stick has replaced eveything. It takes some getting used to, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

OUReds
02-26-2009, 12:50 AM

It is hard to know for certain, but reports had Sony "close" to breaking even with the 60 NM Cell processor on each sale around the 3rd Q last year. Since then they have likely refined it further, with a 45 NM Cell Processor and GPU about to go into production. They're probably going to be taking a hit on each unit after the price drop, but not a large one, and they don't really have a choice given the current market condition. With the recent price drop on stand alone blu-ray players, The PS3 simply cannot compete either as a HT device or gaming machine at it's current price point.

All Sony consoles are designed with a 10 year life span in mind by the way. They are somewhat infamous for harping on their "10 year-plan".

wheels
02-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Has anyone played Fear 2 yet?

Holy jeebus, that is one heckuva good shooter. In the right "state of mind" it can be kinda scary too.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Street Fighter 4 is beginning to consume me. I'm not exactly good at it, but I'm determined to GET good at it. The learning curve isn't too steep, but the people you play have usually been playing the series for years. That said, pulling out a close win is a great feeling.

WMR
02-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Street Fighter 4 is beginning to consume me. I'm not exactly good at it, but I'm determined to GET good at it. The learning curve isn't too steep, but the people you play have usually been playing the series for years. That said, pulling out a close win is a great feeling.

Are you playing with the standard xbox controller or did you get one of the fight pads?

HumnHilghtFreel
02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Are you playing with the standard xbox controller or did you get one of the fight pads?

I'm using the regular xbox controller. I actually want to get one of the tournament fighting sticks, but they're about 80 bucks and I'm not good enough to justify it.

The analog sticks on the 360 controller work well enough for me though.

WMR
02-26-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm using the regular xbox controller. I actually want to get one of the tournament fighting sticks, but they're about 80 bucks and I'm not good enough to justify it.

The analog sticks on the 360 controller work well enough for me though.

Cool.

I was reading online that people actually love the cheaper priced pads. I'd like to get a green Blanka one. It has twice as many directional "angles" IIRC.

reds1869
02-26-2009, 10:23 PM
My copy of Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 arrived from Japan today. Oh. My. Goodness. If you like baseball (a fair assumption in these parts) and have even a passing interest in the Japanese NPB, you owe it to yourself to try this game. It is on par with MLB 08 The Show though is a totally different experience. Best game I've played in a long time.

RosieRed
02-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Just doing my part to help us out of this economic freefall. ;)

I'm on Xbox Live as "Caveat Two Step" (some jack had already registered "Caveat Emperor" -- I'm wishing terrible things upon them right now). I'll be accepting all reasonable requests for friendship.

I sent you a request. I think.

AmarilloRed
02-27-2009, 01:50 AM
So I am really getting into the MLB FOM game. It's really intriguing when you get into it. I may even put off on getting The Show because of it. The best way to run a really successful franchise is to wait until February. There will be all sorts of really talented players released into free agency, and you can get some really good players. It's easy to get talented pitching, but not as easy to get really good position players. I lucked out in my first season, though, and signed a minor league first baseman with a potential of 80. He's now got an overall of 65, and is my starting first baseman. The scouting part of the game is interesting, but you don't seem to get the same level of talent through scouting as you do through free agency. I'm worried about keeping my talent when their contracts run out, though. Maybe if I put more points in contract negotiation?

WMR
02-27-2009, 02:36 AM
how many years have you played? have you won a WS yet?

Caveat Emperor
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I sent you a request. I think.

Got it. :thumbup:

AmarilloRed
02-27-2009, 02:02 PM
how many years have you played? have you won a WS yet?

2 Years. I made it to the playoffs the second year, but did not make it to the WS. I'm now in the 3rd year, and I think I have a good chance of making to the WS and winning it.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Killzone 2 on the PS3 is the most amazing looking game I have ever seen. That is all.

Shawn_RedsFan
02-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Does any one play madden 09? (360). That is pretty much the only game i play and i am tired of playing idiots online who always quit out on me. Gamertag is JuNgLE B0OGIE

smith288
02-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Killzone 2 on the PS3 is the most amazing looking game I have ever seen. That is all.
DL'd the demo last night and looking to play it. Im not really down for futuristic, fantasy types (which is why i love the COD series) but willing to give it a try.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-27-2009, 04:49 PM
DL'd the demo last night and looking to play it. Im not really down for futuristic, fantasy types (which is why i love the COD series) but willing to give it a try.

I've only played it for a little bit thus far, but it looks amazing. I'm a COD player myself, so get ready for a lot of adjustments as far as gameplay goes. The controls feel kind of clunky as they're trying to go for an anti-arcadey feel for the game. But it's still pretty good.

smith288
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM
played it last night. The controls are extremely difficult to get used to when all I play is COD.

I kept wanting to kneel. The right stick click to aim isnt very intuitive and would like it not to be a toggle.

The graphics are bar none, the best on the consoles. The time they took to make this game shows. The detail in the game is incredible.

Some people have complained but the way you move and the slowness in aiming but I think that feels very real. I played COD last night and it felt like i was in a speed match or something. I did really well after playing the FZ2 demo.

The intro of the demo could be a little shorter. Win me on the gameplay, not the shooter mcgavin salesman movie.

paintmered
02-28-2009, 04:38 PM
For you PC gamers out there, only four days away from Total War: Empires. I'll pick it up eventually because the reviews are steller, but I have better things to do than shell out $50 for something I don't have time to play right now.

FutureRedsGM
03-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Attn Louisville area peeps:

Meijer on Westport (Springhurst shopping center) has MLB: The Show 09 on the shelf RIGHT NOW. As you know, it's not due out until Tuesday, but I was there around 5:00 today and they had it out already.

Razor Shines
03-02-2009, 01:50 AM

Meijer on Westport (Springhurst shopping center) has MLB: The Show 09 on the shelf RIGHT NOW. As you know, it's not due out until Tuesday, but I was there around 5:00 today and they had it out already.

That sucks, I used to live less than a mile from that Meijer but now I'm slightly further away That's the Meijer where I got Tiger Woods 2008 the day it came out for PS3 for 29.99 because they had it labeled as "Tiger Woods 2007". I offered to pay the correct price, but the clerk said "no, the tag says 29.99 and per our policy I'm supposed to give you that price."

smith288
03-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Most people would stand in the line praying the checkout wouldnt notice the item. There isnt enough of folks honest like yourself i think.

AmarilloRed
03-02-2009, 01:30 PM

A Gamestop representative told me they had it for awhile; they just can't release it until March 3rd.

Shawn_RedsFan
03-02-2009, 05:44 PM
No madden players here??

Degenerate39
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
No madden players here??

I loathe the madden series

Degenerate39
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
A Gamestop representative told me they had it for awhile; they just can't release it until March 3rd.

I got a call saying I could pick up MLB The Show and MLB 2k9 at midnight tonight

smith288
03-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Im not nerdy enough to show up at 12am. lol

Degenerate39
03-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Im not nerdy enough to show up at 12am. lol

As much as I want to play it I'm not either I'll just wait another 10 hours to get it.

Razor Shines
03-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I'll be picking up the Show sometime tomorrow. I'm razorshines on PSN if any of y'all want to play.

Razor Shines
03-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Has anyone seen that commercial for MLB 2k9 with Tim Lincecum and the digital Tim Lincecum? They must have just rolled it out tonight, because I can't find it anywhere on the web, except this crappy boot leg style video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCUlSnCw0c0

"And we don't listen to that."

jmcclain19
03-03-2009, 03:10 AM
I downloaded the MLB2K9 demo and was greatly underwhelmed. So much so I've backed off the idea of buying it this season.

All of the hubub about it being new and improved...well...it's pretty much the same stuff as last year. And that was a pretty mediocre baseball game.

jmcclain19
03-03-2009, 03:13 AM
I made a post earlier about being one of the only Xbox owners to never delve into the Halo world...well WilyMo, one of his buddies and I went thru the entire campaign on 3 player co-op the other night and it was tons of fun.

I don't know if I would have gotten the same enjoyment going thru it myself, I can see the game as a very entertaining one but I'm not sure about all the hype surrounding it to be honest. It's a great shooter but not the best I've ever played. But having the ability to do 3 player co-op was awesome. As long as we can get WilyMo to stop taking cell phone calls during the toughest part of the last level we were doing ok.

*BaseClogger*
03-03-2009, 03:34 AM
I made a post earlier about being one of the only Xbox owners to never delve into the Halo world...well WilyMo, one of his buddies and I went thru the entire campaign on 3 player co-op the other night and it was tons of fun.

I don't know if I would have gotten the same enjoyment going thru it myself, I can see the game as a very entertaining one but I'm not sure about all the hype surrounding it to be honest. It's a great shooter but not the best I've ever played. But having the ability to do 3 player co-op was awesome. As long as we can get WilyMo to stop taking cell phone calls during the toughest part of the last level we were doing ok.

On-line-match-making...

elfmanvt07
03-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Has anyone picked up their copy of MLB 09 The Show yet? I'm getting mine after work.

Playadlc
03-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I got The Show 09 last night at Meijer. First year for me. I always had a 360, but I bit the bullet and got a PS3 for Blu-Ray and for this baseball game because I heard so many good things about it.

It is the best sports game I have ever played. It is so smooth. The Reds have some sweet throw back uni's as well. Unbelievable game.

WMR
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
On-line-match-making...

Leave your www.eharmony.com stories out of it, bc.

WMR
03-03-2009, 03:21 PM

Yeah dude it was a blast.

Online matchmaking is alright, but it isn't nearly as much fun as going through the game with people you know (and sort of like). :p:

RedsManRick
03-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Is The Show '09 worth the cost to upgrade from '08? With online roster updates, the gameplay would have to be really improved for me to want to drop $50 for it.

Degenerate39
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Is The Show '09 worth the cost to upgrade from '08? With online roster updates, the gameplay would have to be really improved for me to want to drop $50 for it.

I've only played it for a few minutes but yes IMO it is

BoydsOfSummer
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I was a midnight geek. I'm off this week so I figured, why not? Played until daylight. It is one beautiful game visually that's for sure. Mostly I just messed around figuring out where I need to be difficulty-wise and if I need to adjust any sliders for my underwhelming talent level.

Willy Taveres is way over rated. Way. Over rated.

Plenty of guys putting it through testing over here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/

HumnHilghtFreel
03-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I've played a few hours of Killzone 2 online finally. My verdict is that I love this game.

It's probably not for more casual FPS players. The game's physics are very realistic and it takes a lot of work to get good at it. Teamwork is an absolute must if you want to actually win the games. Rambos won't win games for teams like in a Call of Duty.

I've been waiting for a game for a while on console where I can snipe effectively and this is it. The maps are absolutely enormous in this game and the multiplayer ranking up with the ribbons and badges makes it incredibly deep.

Degenerate39
03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
The Show 09 is a lot hardeer than I thought it would be

Degenerate39
03-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I've played 1 online game of The Show and I was winning 2-0 with the Reds against the Angels then my internet goes out for a second. It was the 8th inning and I get disconnected from the dang game.

RosieRed
03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Teamwork is an absolute must if you want to actually win the games.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with games these days. Playing with other people can be fun, but I should be ABLE to play the game alone and have a chance at getting through it.

AmarilloRed
03-03-2009, 11:24 PM
I was a little disappointed with the franchise mode. You can't remove your coaches and hire better ones like you could last year; you have to wait for them to retire or their contract to expire. I had a whole lot of bad coaches(Baker included), and I was stuck with them. I'll look at it later some more, but I might stick with FOM to run a franchise. I'm going to look at RTTS later.

*BaseClogger*
03-03-2009, 11:34 PM

Yeah dude it was a blast.

Online matchmaking is alright, but it isn't nearly as much fun as going through the game with people you know (and sort of like). :p:

If you are good and have a large group of friends who play together a lot then matchmaking is MUCH more fun than beating the campaign over and over again...

smith288
03-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Got the Show today and it's hot and cold hitting wise. I'm either killing the ball or just swinging at everything.

Sweet graphics and smooth gameplay. I'm not a big fan of the baserunning controls but I'll learn them.

Road to the show is nifty.

Throw on your mic and make your own cheers. They don't have camden as a first name so I recorded it.

My psn is smith0288, add me and we can make a RZ league.

elfmanvt07
03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Seeing as this year's The Show is the first baseball game I've purchased since All Star Baseball 99 on the N64, I got obliterated by the Phils in my first attempt. I need to try to find some online tutorials of various things.

smith288
03-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Im having a tough time with the pitching. I start the meter, stop it at my velocity then hit it again at the thin yellow and if I hit it spot on, im wild.

Any idea wth is going on with that?

Degenerate39
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Im having a tough time with the pitching. I start the meter, stop it at my velocity then hit it again at the thin yellow and if I hit it spot on, im wild.

Any idea wth is going on with that?

I don't know why that's causing you to be wild. I'm doing well as a pitcher it's a hitter/baserunner I'm having trouble on.

WMR
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I downloaded The Lost & Damned "episode" for GTA IV. It is AWESOME. Well worth the money if you're into GTA.

smith288
03-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I traded GTA IV for MLB The Show

I thought the game was slow, lame and the graphics sucked even for PS3.

WMR
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I traded GTA IV for MLB The Show

I thought the game was slow, lame and the graphics sucked even for PS3.

Well you couldn't play The Lost & Damned anyway.

You're also in the minuscule minority in that opinion.

smith288
03-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Well you couldn't play The Lost & Damned anyway.

You're also in the minuscule minority in that opinion.
Uh, Ok.

WMR
03-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Uh, Ok.

(You couldn't play it b/c it's on XBox 360 only.)

You're in the 'miniscule minority' because the average of over 20,000 user votes at gamespot.com is a 9.1 on a scale of 1-10. The average of 82 critic scores is 9.6 on a scale of 1-10.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/index.html?tag=result;title;2

NatiRedGals
03-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Here ya go Razor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYh0H_sh5Ps

smith288
03-06-2009, 12:21 PM
(You couldn't play it b/c it's on XBox 360 only.)

You're in the 'miniscule minority' because the average of over 20,000 user votes at gamespot.com is a 9.1 on a scale of 1-10. The average of 82 critic scores is 9.6 on a scale of 1-10.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/index.html?tag=result;title;2
I had GTA IV for PS3 and i thought it was boring and the graphics werent all that great.

Im sorry I dont follow your line of thinking but I think the GTA line is lame. Again, apologies.

GIK
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I've got GTAIV for the 360 and it's not my cup of tea (but I can see how people would like it).

I still spend the majority of my PS3 time with COD5, but I break out MVP Baseball 2005 on the PS2 when I need a baseball fix. One of the best baseball console games EVER.

smith288
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I've got GTAIV for the 360 and it's not my cup of tea (but I can see how people would like it).

I still spend the majority of my PS3 time with COD5, but I break out MVP Baseball 2005 on the PS2 when I need a baseball fix. One of the best baseball console games EVER.
I agree GIK. I had it for the PC and was able to update uniforms and all that. Miss it and hope the Show can do a dutiful job of replacing it.

Eric_the_Red
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Nothing will beat Baseball Stars on the old NES. ;)

smith288
03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Nothing will beat Baseball Stars on the old NES. ;)
I loved that game.

Degenerate39
03-06-2009, 07:02 PM
The Reds must not like me. This is the second time they've traded me. First time I was a centerfielder and got sent to the Pirates. Now I'm a left fielder and got traded to the Giants.

HumnHilghtFreel
03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I downloaded the MLB 2k demo for the 360. Absolutely hated it.

I'm strongly considering getting The Show now, if anything, just for the career mode, after reading about it a bit.

smith288
03-06-2009, 11:38 PM
The Reds must not like me. This is the second time they've traded me. First time I was a centerfielder and got sent to the Pirates. Now I'm a left fielder and got traded to the Giants.
I created myself for franchise mode and i rule, naturally.

Degenerate39
03-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I created myself for franchise mode and i rule, naturally.

Have you played career mode any?

WMR
03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
My friend and I successfully beat the Horde last night on GoW2 (level 50).

smith288
03-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Have you played career mode any?

yea, i suck. lol

sonny
03-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Well, I did it. I traded in that peice of garbage MLB 2k9 for the 360 for MLB 09 for PS2. I can't believe how much better the game is, ON A LAST GEN!

When will I learn?

Degenerate39
03-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, I did it. I traded in that peice of garbage MLB 2k9 for the 360 for MLB 09 for PS2. I can't believe how much better the game is, ON A LAST GEN!

When will I learn?

You can always turn that garbage 360 in for a PS3 ;)

Degenerate39
03-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Are there any trophies for MLB FOM yet?

AmarilloRed
03-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Are there any trophies for MLB FOM yet?

I read that there was a list of trophies for the X-Box 360 version of FOM, but I don't think they've come out for the PS3 version. I hope we do get some for the PS3.Here is the complete list for the Xbox:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mlb-front-office-manager/achievements/

elfmanvt07
03-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm a TERRIBLE hitter in MLB 09. The computer has learned it can give me a change at the knees on a full count and I'll look at it every time. :(

smith288
03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm a TERRIBLE hitter in MLB 09. The computer has learned it can give me a change at the knees on a full count and I'll look at it every time. :(
I have an issue with the batting angle personally. You have no real good angle to get a feel if its too low or just at the knees.