PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 of Lost

Pages : 1 [2]

MWM
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I was wondering if the local actor playing Radzinsky was that high-strung, as well. I told my wife last night that Rad sure has an itchy trigger finger and enjoys throwing his weight around. But we know his ending...

Uh.... not even close. He was your typical drama guy. He played the lead in our production of South Pacific, played Harold Hill in The music Man, used to lead the pep rallies, etc.... He was a genuinely nice guy who people liked, but nothing about him was intense. He was a pretty chill guy who was really into drama a music. There was nothing high-strung or tough about him.

I've commented to my wife pretty much every episode he's been on that it's very weird watching HIM play that kind of role. He was nothing like that at all. The strangest thing for me is seeing him with a gun, or running (he was NOT an athlete). It's the "tough guy" part of his character that makes me laugh. And to be honest, he's a really good actor, but having known him so well as a teen, I have a hard time believing him as THAT character. If I hadn't known him, I would think nothing of it, though.

He also hasn't aged as well either. We're one year apart, yet he looks a lot older than me.

ochre
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
I wonder if the 108 minutes is an interval selected to assure the timing of taking down the Oceanic flight.

MrCinatit
05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Color me skeptical on Faraday being dead. Remember, The Others do have a room that they used to heal young Ben...

BuckeyeRed27
05-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Color me skeptical on Faraday being dead. Remember, The Others do have a room that they used to heal young Ben...

Eloise was pretty upset that she had to sacrifise her son and couldn't stop it. I suppose they could heal him and he would be changed like Ben, but I have the feeling he is dead.

Allegro
05-02-2009, 07:35 AM

At this point, trying to predict what might or might not happen is futile, it's what I love about the show, I have no idea what is ahead. Awesome.

redsmetz
05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
My son saw tonight's episode at OSU last night and the show's producer was there. He didn't reveal anything about tonight's show, but in the Q&A, he did say they were told that we will see Rose & Bernard again this season. He didn't answer whether we'd see Clare.

durl
05-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I seem to recall that the actress that plays Claire wanted to be free to do other things this season. If we see her, I would think it would be very brief.

Anyway, tonight's episode should be a good one. I saw a brief clip on the producer's blog. That Radzinsky...

MWM
05-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Well, all I've been told is that the "gloves are coming off tonight".

HeatherC1212
05-06-2009, 09:31 PM
It's only halfway over but I all ready think this may be one of my favorite episodes of the year. I love the flashing back and forth between Dharmaville and the current Losties! :)

LoganBuck
05-07-2009, 07:04 AM
It's only halfway over but I all ready think this may be one of my favorite episodes of the year. I love the flashing back and forth between Dharmaville and the current Losties! :)

I didn't particularly care for this episode, too much Jack, too much Kate.

I don't like where they are taking Locke, Jack, and Sayid.

The sub looked especially super fake last night.

Then again, this show can make you think one thing, and then blow your mind.

RFS62
05-07-2009, 07:06 AM

Yep. The shot of the sub cruising out of the dock looked like something on XBox.

durl
05-07-2009, 08:59 AM
My thoughts:

- Interesting to see how Richard knew what to tell Locke when he tended his leg. His ability to tell the future was simply Locke himself. And I have to admit that I was really shocked to see Locke leading them to the plane in 2004. Never saw that one coming.

- Richard looks completely lost (pardon the pun). For someone who has always seemed to know exactly what's going on at all times, he really appears to be confused by Locke (in 2004) and the Losties in the 70s.

- I was waiting for Phil to die. Sawyer promised, after all.

- I was kinda with Kate last night. Not everything that happened to the Losties was bad. Some were able to turn their lives around. And her appearing in the sub seemed odd. I figured Radzinsky would want to smack her around a bit and dig for more information.

- For the record, I don't believe they'll set off the bomb and change things. I don't see the "future/past" being erased. I'm guessing a more complex ending is in store.

joshnky
05-07-2009, 09:32 AM
I didn't particularly care for this episode, too much Jack, too much Kate.

I don't like where they are taking Locke, Jack, and Sayid.

Then again, this show can make you think one thing, and then blow your mind.

I agree. The best thing about this season had been the lack of focus on Jack and Kate. They returned to them last night and I didn't enjoy the episode.

And regarding the sub... I had the same thought. Why even bother showing it?

Blimpie
05-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I agree. The best thing about this season had been the lack of focus on Jack and Kate. They returned to them last night and I didn't enjoy the episode.

And regarding the sub... I had the same thought. Why even bother showing it?I thought the same thing about the special effects a few episodes ago.

It was when was in the tunnels of the temple and was "being judged" by his daughter, Alex. The swirling effects around him during that scene would have been more appropriate in Land of the Lost.

marcshoe
05-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Yep. The shot of the sub cruising out of the dock looked like something on XBox.

As I was watching that scene, I remarked that it was the most obvious CGI I'd seen in years.

Blimpie
05-07-2009, 12:39 PM
The sub scene actually made the smoke monster seems scary.

HotCorner
05-07-2009, 12:54 PM
My thoughts:

- Interesting to see how Richard knew what to tell Locke when he tended his leg. His ability to tell the future was simply Locke himself. And I have to admit that I was really shocked to see Locke leading them to the plane in 2004. Never saw that one coming.

It was actually 2007. Ben and Locke came back to the island 3 years later on the Ajira crash since they were not flashed to the past ('70's). The Oceanic flight crashed in 2004.

Phil in BG
05-07-2009, 12:59 PM
It was actually 2007. Ben and Locke came back to the island 3 years later on the Ajira crash since they were not flashed to the past ('70's). The Oceanic flight crashed in 2004.

I think the plane he led them to was the drug plane which I believe would have been 2004.......I think anyway.

LoganBuck
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I think the plane he led them to was the drug plane which I believe would have been 2004.......I think anyway.

No pastLocke didn't know what year it was because he had leaped forward in time to 2007/2008. It was around New Year's Day 2005 (1-1-2005) when last season ended.

Present day enlightened Locke knew exactly where to be and when. Thus being reflected by Ben commenting on his impeccable timing.

The Beechcroft is still on the island in 2007/2008 because it wasn't flying anywhere.

Phil in BG
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
No pastLocke didn't know what year it was because he had leaped forward in time to 2007/2008. It was around New Year's Day 2005 (1-1-2005) when last season ended.

Present day enlightened Locke knew exactly where to be and when. Thus being reflected by Ben commenting on his impeccable timing.

The Beechcroft is still on the island in 2007/2008 because it wasn't flying anywhere.

I'm sure glad someone can keep it straight.:confused:

durl
05-07-2009, 01:55 PM

I may be having a time problem here.

Locke, Ben and the Ajira passengers are "at" the time when Locke had his gunshot wound treated. Now, with the time shifts that occurred before he turned the wheel, it's hard to know exactly "when" they are, but Locke saw the Beechcraft crash on the Island after a "skip." He went to the plane and was shot by Ethan and there was another "skip" before Ethan could kill him. At this point, the plane was on the ground, meaning it was at least 2004 (because that's when the plane fell with Boone inside), but before Locke had left the Island in 2005 (off-Island time).

So I'm getting the impression that the "current" time for Locke, Sun, and Ben is the time when Locke had his leg treated, which was 3 years prior to when they boarded the Ajira flight.

...but I could be ALL wrong about this. :)

LoganBuck
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I may be having a time problem here.

Locke, Ben and the Ajira passengers are "at" the time when Locke had his gunshot wound treated. Now, with the time shifts that occurred before he turned the wheel, it's hard to know exactly "when" they are, but Locke saw the Beechcraft crash on the Island after a "skip." He went to the plane and was shot by Ethan and there was another "skip" before Ethan could kill him. At this point, the plane was on the ground, meaning it was at least 2004 (because that's when the plane fell with Boone inside), but before Locke had left the Island in 2005 (off-Island time).

So I'm getting the impression that the "current" time for Locke, Sun, and Ben is the time when Locke had his leg treated, which was 3 years prior to when they boarded the Ajira flight.

...but I could be ALL wrong about this. :)

Ah but, I believe you are forgetting the time skip when they went to the beach, and they found the outriggers that the Ajira crash survivors left. Then they stole those. Who knows for sure, but 3 years have passed for Richard Alpert, because that is what he told Locke last night.

HeatherC1212
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Ah but, I believe you are forgetting the time skip when they went to the beach, and they found the outriggers that the Ajira crash survivors left. Then they stole those. Who knows for sure, but 3 years have passed for Richard Alpert, because that is what he told Locke last night.

He's right. There's another time jump that you missed which would have put the islanders on the beach around 07-08. I remember Juliet commenting about the Ajira bottles that were left with the outrigger boats (she knew it was some type of airline) and those bottles wouldn't have been there in 2004. I still want to know if it was the other Ajira passengers from the new crash shooting at our islanders during their time jump when they took that outrigger and paddled around the island. That's my theory and it makes sense in my mind. Maybe we'll find out next week. :p:

Great show last night. I'm still trying to process everything but I can't wait until next week! :thumbup:

macro
05-07-2009, 11:14 PM
SciFi channel started over with the Pilot episode Tuesday afternoon and are showing season one Mon-Wed at 4pm each day, or at least they are for now.

We watched the pilot again tonight and realized that we had forgotten most of what had happened, and we had never watched this show until SciFi started it last September. We've covered five seasons in eight months, and may have to keep recording these season one episodes to maintain our "Lost Fix" until it comes back on next January.

durl
05-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Ah...forgot about the water bottles!! Good catch, people.

How about this stuff:

- Richard tended to Locke's leg in a "time-skipped" 2007. But Locke still hadn't left the Island so the real time would be 2004-ish. Wouldn't that mean that Locke jumped ahead of his old "current" time? I know we're talking about time-travel here, but this would be the first time that we've seen evidence of them jumping ahead of their previous "now" of 2004-05. They jumped backwards a lot but never ahead of the outside world's "current" year, right?

- After a "skip," Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, etc., found canoes with Ajira water bottles. That would also make us think that they jumped ahead of their current time with Locke. (No biggie there...you expect them to skip with each other.) So that makes me think that the other canoe that was shooting at them might have been Bram and Ilana. However, Ben also finds Ajira water bottles in the Hydra station which makes us wonder how they got there seemingly ahead of the plane crash.

Where I'm having trouble is that the Losties crashed in 2004. They came back in 2007. The graphics typically tell us what's 30 years earlier (and that's always described as 1977) and 30 years later. 2004 has always been "now." How does that work when we saw Locke "skip" to 2007...what should be the future?

BuckeyeRed27
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Ah...forgot about the water bottles!! Good catch, people.

How about this stuff:

- Richard tended to Locke's leg in a "time-skipped" 2007. But Locke still hadn't left the Island so the real time would be 2004-ish. Wouldn't that mean that Locke jumped ahead of his old "current" time? I know we're talking about time-travel here, but this would be the first time that we've seen evidence of them jumping ahead of their previous "now" of 2004-05. They jumped backwards a lot but never ahead of the outside world's "current" year, right?

- After a "skip," Sawyer, Juliet, Miles, etc., found canoes with Ajira water bottles. That would also make us think that they jumped ahead of their current time with Locke. (No biggie there...you expect them to skip with each other.) So that makes me think that the other canoe that was shooting at them might have been Bram and Ilana. However, Ben also finds Ajira water bottles in the Hydra station which makes us wonder how they got there seemingly ahead of the plane crash.

Where I'm having trouble is that the Losties crashed in 2004. They came back in 2007. The graphics typically tell us what's 30 years earlier (and that's always described as 1977) and 30 years later. 2004 has always been "now." How does that work when we saw Locke "skip" to 2007...what should be the future?

I think you are confused because of Locke skipping to the future. But last night proved that you can infact skip into the future. They were off the island for 3 years, came back and we saw Locke from a previous scene that we now know was ahead of what was their current present. Got it :D

Now my question is how that concerns WHH. Locke was only there for a minute or so, but that means that he was always there for a minute or so which turns whatever happened happened into whatever is GOING to happen happens right?

durl
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
This jumping to the future thing is going to confuse me bad. In my mind, you have to have a "now" and the future is stuff that hasn't happened yet. But Locke's future became his "now" which means....great, I've gone cross-eyed.

BuckeyeRed27
05-08-2009, 12:11 PM
This jumping to the future thing is going to confuse me bad. In my mind, you have to have a "now" and the future is stuff that hasn't happened yet. But Locke's future became his "now" which means....great, I've gone cross-eyed.

I agree. I didn't think you could go past your current time either.
I wonder what would have happened if say they had been in 2020 when Locke turned the wheel. There is nothing to change because it hasn't happened yet. I guess this gets into the free will vs. predestination argument and it looks like LOST is going for predestination with everyone except Desmond. Time is a fixed line and you can't change anything because you have either already done or you are going to do it no matter when and where you are.

klw
05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
just as long as they never jump to a future in which the Cubs win the Series I will remain happy.

HeatherC1212
05-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Bump! Season finale tonight....who's excited about it?! *raises hand* :D

Gallen5862
05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I am excited. Don't forget there are Two episodes tonight. The first Lost starts at 8 PM and then the 2 hour Finale from 9 to 11 PM.

BuckeyeRed27
05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I am excited. Don't forget there are Two episodes tonight. The first Lost starts at 8 PM and then the 2 hour Finale from 9 to 11 PM.

Are all three hours new?

Donder
05-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Are all three hours new?

The first hour is clips from previous episodes.

Cannot wait. The Lost finale is my favorite television event of the year. Hands down.

BuckeyeRed27
05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
The first hour is clips from previous episodes.

Cannot wait. The Lost finale is my favorite television event of the year. Hands down.

Agree its great.
And not to hijack a thread, but its loosely related with JJ Abrahms...how great was the Fringe finale last night? Seriously great show. The last 5 episodes have been FANtastic.

FutureRedsGM
05-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Agree its great.
And not to hijack a thread, but its loosely related with JJ Abrahms...how great was the Fringe finale last night? Seriously great show. The last 5 episodes have been FANtastic.

Maybe we should start a new thread . . .

I haven't been following Fringe that closely (I've miss an episode or two), but did I miss something? Was that Peter's grave that Walter was at? Theories? It's a great show cut from the X-Files cloth.

BuckeyeRed27
05-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe we should start a new thread . . .

I haven't been following Fringe that closely (I've miss an episode or two), but did I miss something? Was that Peter's grave that Walter was at? Theories? It's a great show cut from the X-Files cloth.

The last two episodes set this up. Basically the whole concept is that there are alternate realities. Every decision you make there is a reality for the decision not only that you made (the one you experience), but also for the one you didn't. So when you experience de ja vu you are getting a glimpse into that other reality.

So Peter did die. Remember in the car Walter was telling him a story about how Peter got really sick when he was a kid and how much he liked to collect coins and Peter said he didn't remember that. That is because that Peter died. Walter (and William Bell too) figured out a way to travel between realities and was able to get a version of the Peter that didn't get sick and die and bring him back to Walter's original reality. I also think that when Peter was telling the pancakes story that was something that he always remembered but the Peter that died didn't.

HeatherC1212
05-13-2009, 10:49 PM
They did NOT just kill off my favorite character on the show!! I am so gutted for Juliet right now. :(

savafan
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
They did NOT just kill off my favorite character on the show!! I am so gutted for Juliet right now. :(

Theoretically, they just killed off everyone.

Gallen5862
05-13-2009, 11:09 PM
What did Jacob say to the fake Ben as he was being pushed into the fire?

savafan
05-13-2009, 11:15 PM
What did Jacob say to the fake Ben as he was being pushed into the fire?

You mean fake Locke? He said, "They're coming."

kbrake
05-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah if that was a fake Ben I really missed something.

Reds Fanatic
05-13-2009, 11:46 PM
What an ending. It is going to be a long wait until January to see where the series goes from here.

HeatherC1212
05-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow, I typed that other post before I saw the very last scene of the show and my head is spinning in about a million directions. So many questions, a few answers, and a LOT of mysteries for season six! I think Juliet detonating the bomb is kind of like Desmond turning that fail safe key in the hatch way back when so now the big question we get to ponder all summer and fall is......what the heck did the bomb actually do?! It's going to be a LONG wait until next season! :eek:

MWM
05-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Holy Crap! I've never watched a show where I never had any real clue as to where it was going. This show is completely unpredictable.

At the beginning of the show with the conversation between Jacob and the other guy, that's when I said this whole show is just a metaphor for the human condition. We're given a life on a beautiful planet and everything we need to be happy and have an abundance for everyone. But what have we done since we've inhabited the planet? fight wars with each other, seek after power and money, destroy the planet, etc.....

The parallels to religion came out in the open. Jacob and the other guy is Jesus and Satan. the whole "you have a choice" speech along with Ben's "what about me speech" is almost right out of the bible's "faith vs knowledge" passages.

I guess we now know why "Locke" told Richard to tell the REAL Locke that he had to die to help his friends. Apparently this guy can take on the physical representation of those who are dead. It also explains how Jack's father has been able to appear as he's also dead; and how Charlie appears to Hurley, and most importantly, how and why Ben's daughter was able to appear to him and tell him to obey John Locke.

What still is a mystery is how Eloise fits in and why she needs to get people back to the Island. And why did "Christian" (or they guy in Christian's image) have to have Sun come along. What is her role? And what it Whidmore's role?

It also explains how that ship that's at the bottom of that lake area got there.

It will be an interesting final season.

MWM
05-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Oh, what doesn't make sense is that if that really wasn't "Locke", why did he ask Ben some of the questions he asked about when they met, and their overall history. I get that he needed to convince Ben that he was Locke, but there has to be more to it than that. Some of the questions, and his responses to them, were genuine surprise.

LoganBuck
05-14-2009, 07:14 AM
I am dumbfounded. Will post more after my brain begins to process the information.

IslandRed
05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I am dumbfounded. Will post more after my brain begins to process the information.

Same here. The big question -- or one of them -- is, did the bomb change anything, or, as Miles posited, was Jack causing the very thing he was trying to prevent, similar to how Sayid's attempt to change history by shooting Ben was, in fact, part of that history?

At least we sort of know what the other Ajira passengers were about, at least to the extent we ever know anything on this show. :p:

MWM, I don't think it's clear-cut about Jacob being good and the other guy being evil. Jacob was presented in the flashbacks as a benevolent being, but Ben did a lot of ugly things at Jacob's bidding, which suggests there's some level of moral ambiguity to the situation. We know the other guy wanted Jacob dead; we don't know why. The opening conversation reflected the other guy's displeasure at the mayhem that always followed when people found the island, which wouldn't seem to be something that would bother Satan, would it? Maybe he realizes the only way to restore Paradise is to physically remove the evil, e.g. C.S. Lewis' "Perelandra" story, but he can't or won't do it himself, thus Ben as the "loophole"? Just tossing it out there.

HotCorner
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Cincinnati.com is offering a free chat with the actor who plays Radzinsky today at noon.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090514/ENT/305140013/1055/NEWS/Chat+live+with++Lost++actor+today

Blimpie
05-14-2009, 11:21 AM
I am with you about not being sure which guy (Jacob/Man in Black) is good vs. evil...

Don't forget the fish that Jacob was cooking at the beginning of the episode: a Red Herring.

MWM
05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Good point. You're probably right.

And I definitely think the nuke is the actual incident as Miles suggested. Very interesting stuff.

MWM
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Cincinnati.com is offering a free chat with the actor who plays Radzinsky today at noon.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090514/ENT/305140013/1055/NEWS/Chat+live+with++Lost++actor+today

Hmmmm, I might have to jump on to that. I could have some interesting questions for Eric. :evil:

marcshoe
05-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Any idea what Richard said when asked what lies in the shadow of the statue? Was it Latin or Spanish?

Are The Fake Locke, the second guy, the shadow monster, and who knows what else all the same?

I'm still having trouble posting, what with the last part of the show scraping off the outer layer of my brain last night.

nate
05-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Any idea what Richard said when asked what lies in the shadow of the statue? Was it Latin or Spanish?

Are The Fake Locke, the second guy, the shadow monster, and who knows what else all the same?

I'm still having trouble posting, what with the last part of the show scraping off the outer layer of my brain last night.

I heard it was Latin:

"He who will save us all"

HeatherC1212
05-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Hmmmm, I might have to jump on to that. I could have some interesting questions for Eric. :evil:

Care to post a transcript when the chat is over?! Tell him he plays crazy VERY well, LOL ;) :thumbup:

yab1112
05-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Man, I was hoping Radzinsky be killed off in this episode:D

Couple of thoughts:

I love how they give you so many answers, but in the span of minutes they give you twice as many questions and make those answers seem so insignificant.

I have to go back thru from the beginning of season 1 and listen to everything a dead person ever said, now knowing that it was the black-shirt guy. I was always confused by the seemingly conflicting messages they seemed to give.

Also, Jacob gives something to everyone. Don't know what significance this has if any.
Kate - lunchbox
Sawyer - pen
Hurly - guitar
Sun and Jin - blessing
Lock - life
(i admit the last two are weak)

At the beginning of the episode, the convo between Jacob and black-shirt guy seems to imply that Jacob keeps trying the same thing over and over and he says something like (paraphrasing) "We'll keep doing it over and over until they get it right"

Maybe the Losties keep going thru a loop from when they crash at the beg. of season 1 until Juliet kabooms the bomb and then it restarts. The point being that they keep failing some test, some choice they are supposed to make.

Kind of like some cosmic game between Jacob and black-shirt guy that black-shirt guy keeps winning

No real facts to back this theory up, just speculation.
Feel free to rip it to shreds. ;)

LoganBuck
05-14-2009, 02:18 PM
So is Fake Locke a manifestation of the same being as Christian, Yemi, Libby, Charlie etc........?

Sawyer appeared totally devastated when Juliet fell. Now he apparently is stuck with Kate. Yuck.

Dr. Chang appears in the later Swan video and refers to "the incident". He must have survived the blast, if time flows in a line. So therefore it stands to reason that others survived as well. But when and where?

My brother's girlfriend is a big Lostie and she sent me this link this morning. She thinks it has to do with the statue.
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/sobek.htm

Ben and Jacob's exchange seemed to be a take off of the story of Job from the Bible. Except he kills Jacob and kicks him in a fire.

When Jacob says before "dying" that "They are coming...", who is "They".

Kate tried to steal a New Kids on the Block lunchbox? Come on.

I am still flummoxed

Reds Fanatic
05-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Care to post a transcript when the chat is over?! Tell him he plays crazy VERY well, LOL ;) :thumbup:

Heather,

You can read the whole transcript of the chat at the same link:

LoganBuck
05-14-2009, 02:25 PM
When Ben called the Monster from his house several episodes back, and John Locke walked out of the Jungle, it was thought that the monster, was elsewhere. Perhaps Ben succeeded and Fake Locke is the monster?

LoganBuck
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I am more convinced than ever that we are going to see Walt return big time next season.

He is a gigantic X factor floating around. I think that was one major reason we saw Vincent last night. It was a reminder.

HeatherC1212
05-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Heather,

You can read the whole transcript of the chat at the same link:

Thanks for posting the link! I encourage everyone to read it because Eric sounds like a really nice guy. Good luck to him in whatever comes next! :)

MWM
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for posting the link! I encourage everyone to read it because Eric sounds like a really nice guy. Good luck to him in whatever comes next! :)

The "Variety Show" he references, I was in and I have a video. :evil:

HeatherC1212
05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
The "Variety Show" he references, I was in and I have a video. :evil:

Ohhh, I'm totally intrigued and I think you need to post it here. You Tube is your friend! ;)

MWM
05-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Ohhh, I'm totally intrigued and I think you need to post it here. You Tube is your friend! ;)

LOL. Not sure he'd love that. I have plenty of other videos we were both in as well from our days in show choir.

Trace's Daddy
05-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Awesome show - just finished watching it on the DVR. I guess the nuke destroyed the statue except for the foot. I noticed that Jacob seemed to physically touch the characters in the past (Kate on her nose in the store, John Locke when he was on the ground, Hurley in the cab, etc.). Oh I like the red herring that Jacob caught too. After the show is over in 2010, I will definitely watch it all over again to see what all I missed.

LoganBuck
05-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Awesome show - just finished watching it on the DVR. I guess the nuke destroyed the statue except for the foot. I noticed that Jacob seemed to physically touch the characters in the past (Kate on her nose in the store, John Locke when he was on the ground, Hurley in the cab, etc.). Oh I like the red herring that Jacob caught too. After the show is over in 2010, I will definitely watch it all over again to see what all I missed.

The statue did not exist in 1977. At least we haven't seen any evidence that it does.

Allegro
05-15-2009, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=yab1112;1867781]
Also, Jacob gives something to everyone. Don't know what significance this has if any.
Kate - lunchbox
Sawyer - pen
Hurly - guitar
Sun and Jin - blessing
Lock - life
(i admit the last two are weak)

What did he give Sayid? A dead girlfriend?

marcshoe
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
It's the thought that counts.

yab1112
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM

good point. Maybe that's significant in that he gave everyone something except Sayid. Jacob was kind to everyone except him.

Or alternatively, this shows writing is so amazing none of us have any clue what's really going on ever :thumbup:

Trace's Daddy
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
The statue did not exist in 1977. At least we haven't seen any evidence that it does.

Guess I need to watch again hahaa

Trace's Daddy
05-15-2009, 12:42 PM

Okay, did anyone else notice that Jacob physically touches the characters: Sayid on the shoulder before his girlfriend is killed, Kate on the nose in the store, Sawyer on the hand when he gives him the pen, John Locke on the shoulder when he is on the ground, Jack on the hand when he is giving him the candy bar, Sun and Jin on their arms when he talks to them at their wedding, and Hurley when he tells him about getting on the plane.

Am I looking too deeply into this? haha:)

HotCorner
05-15-2009, 01:47 PM

A reason ... to return to the island. If Nadia does not die, Sayid does not agree to become Ben's personal assassin which led to his "arrest" by Ilana which led to the flight on Ajira 315 which led to his return to the island.

HotCorner
05-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Okay, did anyone else notice that Jacob physically touches the characters: Sayid on the shoulder before his girlfriend is killed, Kate on the nose in the store, Sawyer on the hand when he gives him the pen, John Locke on the shoulder when he is on the ground, Jack on the hand when he is giving him the candy bar, Sun and Jin on their arms when he talks to them at their wedding, and Hurley when he tells him about getting on the plane.

Am I looking too deeply into this? haha:)

I think that action by Jacob is significant. It acted as a "marker" for the future. The island's GPS so to speak.

durl
05-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Could it be that Jacob saved Sayid's life? The driver might have killed them both if Jacob hadn't gotten Sayid's attention.

I believe the "touch" is significant, but maybe we should look at the deeper meaning of what Jacob gave. (Referring to Allegro's post.)

Kate - A second chance. An admonition to be good.
Sawyer - The means to direct his anger/vengeance.
Hurley - I'm unsure here, but perhaps we'll see the significance later. A reference to Charlie?
Sun & Jin - I believe "a blessing" could fit my angle, too. He gave a call to endure.
Locke - Life fits here, too.

With the others, Jacob could be giving direction, but it seems odd that Jacob could have brought back the man who would eventually be used to kill him. There's GOT to be more to this scenario than meets the eye.

Anyway...just some thoughts. The finale gave people plenty to think about.

marcshoe
05-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Could it be that Jacob saved Sayid's life? The driver might have killed them both if Jacob hadn't gotten Sayid's attention.

I assumed that was his purpose.

btw, I read somewhere that the ring Sun found was Charlie's. What's the significance the ring being in the cradle?

redsmetz
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM

btw, I read somewhere that the ring Sun found was Charlie's. What's the significance the ring being in the cradle?

My wife said that Charley placed it there before he swam out to the underwater station.

Blimpie
05-15-2009, 03:52 PM

btw, I read somewhere that the ring Sun found was Charlie's. What's the significance the ring being in the cradle?He left it there for Claire to find when he knew he would not be returning from the underwater station (per Desmond's prophecy). Unfortunately, Claire never found the ring in the cradle.

It is interesting that Hugo has always blamed himself for Charlie's death. If the ring had been found earlier, then perhaps he would have believed Charlie when he came to him as a vision in the looney bin.

durl
05-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Speaking of Charlie, when Jacob was in the cab with Hurley, Jacob spoke to him about being blessed instead of cursed. So is Jacob telling Hurley that he was not schizophrenic and every appearance of Charlie, his old hospital-mate, Anna Lucia...all those were not in his mind?

MrCinatit
05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Speaking of Charlie, when Jacob was in the cab with Hurley, Jacob spoke to him about being blessed instead of cursed. So is Jacob telling Hurley that he was not schizophrenic and every appearance of Charlie, his old hospital-mate, Anna Lucia...all those were not in his mind?

I thought so. Could mean a couple of things.
One is that it could be a time-space trick by the island.
Or, everyone is not being visited by all of these dead people, but simply manifestations of those people by a shape-shifter (either Jacob or the fake Locke).

RFS62
05-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Fake Locke who found the loophole was on Deadwood.

Hope he gets some face time next season.

Tony Cloninger
05-16-2009, 09:25 AM
The statue was around as far back as the 1800's.. You see it in the opening scene of the show.

marcshoe
05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
But gone by the seventies, I think.

btw, they're still not abandoning the Egyptian stuff (although I find the link someone posted saying the statue isn't Anubis but another Egyptian guide interesting, even if I'm not buying it). Jacob's weaving not only included Egyptian figures but, according to one screenshot I saw, what appears to be a famous pose of Isis kneeling with spread wings.

LoganBuck
05-16-2009, 10:49 PM
The statue was around as far back as the 1800's.. You see it in the opening scene of the show.

We wondered why they have dynamite on the Black Rock, Maybe some of it was used on the statue in the 1800s?

marcshoe
05-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Hmmm...good point.

redsmetz
05-18-2009, 08:46 PM
My wife and I watched the first half of the show's pilot episode. It was interesting to see it all start. Interestingly Jack shared with Kate that "count to 5" story from the surgery where he severed some nerves that we saw in this season's finale, although he didn't mention that it was his father who told him that. We're going to watch Part 2 in a bit. I'll let you know if we see anything else.

macro
05-19-2009, 09:59 AM
redsmetz, I read somewhere that Jacob was seen in one of the two Pilot episodes. If you see him, please let us know which episodes and approx number of minutes in. I'd like to see the scene, but don't want to scan through both episodes.

We have the first seven episodes on DVR from the past three weeks but have only watched the first one. Like you, I'm curious to watch them again, knowing what I now know about the story.

redsmetz
05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
redsmetz, I read somewhere that Jacob was seen in one of the two Pilot episodes. If you see him, please let us know which episodes and approx number of minutes in. I'd like to see the scene, but don't want to scan through both episodes.

We have the first seven episodes on DVR from the past three weeks but have only watched the first one. Like you, I'm curious to watch them again, knowing what I now know about the story.

Wow, I didn't even know to look. From what I saw, no one jumped out at me or my wife who might have been Jacob, but there were various shots where there were loads of extras in scenes.

Nothing earth shattering in the 2nd part of the Pilot. Best line is Walt telling Locke on the beach that his mom died a few weeks back. Locke just said, very matter of factly, "you're having a bad month."

Clear in this part was the early tension between Sawyer and Sayid. I can't recall when that thawed. And it has Charlie's classic, "Where are we?" after the polar bear is shot by Sawyer.

redsmetz
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
OK, we're continuing to watch the 1st season and in Episode 3, they discover the cave where the water source is and first discover the skeletons of a man and a woman. Jack examines them and finds a pouch which contains two stones; one black the other white. We know we've seen these before and my wife feels certain that we saw them in the season finale. Does anyone else remember that?

Now Jack said it took 40 to 50 years for decomposing like they were seeing. That would make the bodies from the 1950's. Some have speculated that Rose & Bernard are "Adam & Eve" (as they referred to the skeletons), but we saw them in 1977 in the finale.

Anyone remember where else we've seen these two stones?