PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 of Lost

Pages : [1] 2

redsmetz
01-17-2009, 03:26 PM
I guess I'll start that thread up again. Looking forward to it.

Blimpie
01-17-2009, 05:09 PM
The Lifestyle Section of yesterday's U.S.A Today featured a bunch of recap stuff about the upcoming season of LOST:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2009-01-15-lost-main_N.htm

MWM
01-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Hey, a high school friend mine from right there in suburban Cincinnati will be a recurring character this season on Lost. I'm looking forward to seeing him on such a big show, but have no details as to the nature of his role.

BoxingRed
01-18-2009, 08:55 AM
EW.com has a list of the 4 episodes, plus a little clip, that should be re-watched before the season starts. The wife and I are going to start working on it today.

TheBigLebowski
01-21-2009, 12:06 PM
I am very excited about tonight, although it is a sober reminder that the show is rapidly drawing to a close. I'll have then lost The Wire, The Sopranos and Lost. Guess I need to start looking for new shows.

LoganBuck
01-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Wow. A little hard to follow, and a little too sci-fi heavy but very good. I was on the edge of my seat.

Kate is still a whiny pain in the arse.

I just wanted the guy that complained and got shot with a flaming arrow to say "Aaron Burr".

durl
01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Trippy!

I really liked it. More questions were posed, some things answered...lots of fun. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Stephenk29
01-22-2009, 01:16 AM
I should not have missed season 4 and then tried to pick back up. That definitely did not help my understanding.

klw
01-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Well I think the issue of who the whisperers in the woods are may have been addressed tonight- voices from alternate time

Tyler Durden
01-22-2009, 09:00 AM
That episode was fantastic. I love the sci-fi aspect. Daniel is turning into one of my favorite characters.

savafan
01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I just watched Hurley throw the hot pocket again when he heard Ben's voice.

I don't think that scene will ever get old.

LoganBuck
01-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Tonight's episode was fantastic!

They have really hit their stride again.

Whidmore was on the island in 1954?!?!

An episode without Kate! Hooray!!!!!

reds1869
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM

That was my favorite moment of the entire series. When Whidmore's name was spoken my wife and I bot started going crazy! An absolutely brilliant episode.

durl
01-28-2009, 11:47 PM
That was my favorite moment of the entire series. When Whidmore's name was spoken my wife and I bot started going crazy! An absolutely brilliant episode.

Same here. We NEVER saw that one coming. Our jaws hit the floor.

This is going to be a lot of fun this season...

MWM
01-29-2009, 12:54 AM
An episode without Kate? Blashpemy!!!

redsmetz
01-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Same here. We NEVER saw that one coming. Our jaws hit the floor.

This is going to be a lot of fun this season...

I texted my son and daughter right there and said "Widmore!". I believe the blond woman who took Faraday to the H Bomb is his mother. When I thought about who his mom might be (now that we know she's in LA), I wonder if she isn't the lady at the meat market who Ben left Locke's body with. I'm not sure about that because I'm not sure she's old enough now to have been that age in '54. For example, I was born that year, my mom was 26; she's now 80 - so I'm shooting holes in that theory, but then again. Of course, we don't know where Ben was in that church with the other lady who keeps popping up either. That probably was LA too, so she could be it.

klw
01-29-2009, 07:16 AM
I texted my son and daughter right there and said "Widmore!". I believe the blond woman who took Faraday to the H Bomb is his mother. When I thought about who his mom might be (now that we know she's in LA), I wonder if she isn't the lady at the meat market who Ben left Locke's body with. I'm not sure about that because I'm not sure she's old enough now to have been that age in '54. For example, I was born that year, my mom was 26; she's now 80 - so I'm shooting holes in that theory, but then again. Of course, we don't know where Ben was in that church with the other lady who keeps popping up either. That probably was LA too, so she could be it.

The notes that ran with the reairing of last week's 2nd episode indicated she was the woman who talked Desmond out of buying a ring for Penny in Season 3.

HotCorner
01-29-2009, 08:53 AM
The notes that ran with the reairing of last week's 2nd episode indicated she was the woman who talked Desmond out of buying a ring for Penny in Season 3.

She is also the women we saw at the end of last week's episode who told Ben that he had 70 hours.

I didn't watch the re-airing but it makes sense especially after watching last night's new episode. Widmore told Desmond she was in LA ... and that's where Ben is currently.

HotCorner
01-29-2009, 08:58 AM

I agree.

Also did anyone else notice the name of Desmond and Penny's son? ;)

HotCorner
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
One more thing ...

Daniel made a comment to "Soldier Girl" that she reminded him of someone.

Soldier Girl (http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/5334970db79c22ff861a338da2f7d2e3)

Could it be her?

Theresa Spencer (http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/4bad66beee01c5873a1cfe2a3a68ca3f)

Assuming "SG" is in her early 20's in 1954 it would make Theresa in her 70's and she looks too young but Richard Alpert never ages so one has to wonder.

durl
01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree.

Also did anyone else notice the name of Desmond and Penny's son? ;)

Yep. It could just be an "in honor of" kind of thing but I bet there's something more to it than that. Especially since they mentioned his name so late in the episode.

One more thing ...

Daniel made a comment to "Soldier Girl" that she reminded him of someone.

Soldier Girl

Could it be her?

Theresa Spencer

Assuming "SG" is in her early 20's in 1954 it would make Theresa in her 70's and she looks too young but Richard Alpert never ages so one has to wonder.

Interesting theory. The hair makes you think it's very possible. The age thing does seem to be a problem. Richard appears to be the only one who doesn't age. The fact that Widmore is funding her care is suspect to me. Widmore doesn't strike me as the type of person who would pay for her care out of the goodness of his heart. Widmore has a stronger tie to Spencer than we know now.

We were led to believe Farraday used Spencer in experiments and ran out when she suffered ill effects. But there may also be more to that story than we know. Widmore is going through a lot of trouble to control a lot of variables and this could be another one of those instances.

ochre
01-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I thought it was interesting that Locke sent Richard after Locke as a newborn (and the subsequent visits through his childhood).

LoganBuck
01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I think that Soldier girl is Farraday's mom. She would be the lady, with the white hair, that Ben visited last week, who gave the dire warning.

My mind keeps spinning with all the possible scenarios that could spring forth from this episode.

What happened to Jughead?

When/Why did Whidmore leave the island?

Does Penny have any connection to the island? She looks to be ~40 years old. 50 years ago her dad was on the island?

I think we are going to be seeing the story of the Black Rock soon.

No mention of Jin yet. Maybe he really is dead?

Where were Rose and Bernard last night?

redsmetz
01-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I think that Soldier girl is Farraday's mom. She would be the lady, with the white hair, that Ben visited last week, who gave the dire warning.

My mind keeps spinning with all the possible scenarios that could spring forth from this episode.

What happened to Jughead?

When/Why did Whidmore leave the island?

Does Penny have any connection to the island? She looks to be ~40 years old. 50 years ago her dad was on the island?

I think we are going to be seeing the story of the Black Rock soon.

No mention of Jin yet. Maybe he really is dead?

Where were Rose and Bernard last night?

I wondered about Rose and Bernard too. We know that assorted nameless people got killed, either by flaming arrows or the two who died tripping the mines. I doubt Rose and Bernard bought the farm. Side note, if I didn't have a name in the script, I'd beg for one. Of course, then you can get a name and yack your head off about how you're going to die like Neil did.

And for that matter, when Farraday asked if everyone was accounted for, Sawyer and Juliet just said Locke, but Clare is still unaccounted for too. Is she in some special zone chilling with Jacob and Christian?

I wondered about Widmore leaving the island too. Is he unable to return? Ben said that once you leave, you can't come back. For that matter, why didn't that apply for Daniel? We saw him in the scene during the Dharma time in the first episode.

Here's another question I have. Since Farraday recognizes what's happening to Charlotte (culminating in the closing scene), why hasn't he been trying to get her a constant?

klw
01-29-2009, 03:05 PM
I would have to assume that why Whitmore left the island has to do with why he has a blood feud with Ben.

Yachtzee
01-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey, a high school friend mine from right there in suburban Cincinnati will be a recurring character this season on Lost. I'm looking forward to seeing him on such a big show, but have no details as to the nature of his role.

He wasn't "Frogurt," was he? If I had a small recurring role on "Lost," I would definitely want a Sawyer nickname.

joshnky
01-30-2009, 09:07 AM

I agree. I was just about ready to give up on this show and 24 but that was a great episode.

MWM
01-30-2009, 09:20 AM
He wasn't "Frogurt," was he? If I had a small recurring role on "Lost," I would definitely want a Sawyer nickname.

No, he won't be coming on until early March. He will be playing "Radzinsky", a character that was mentioned in Season 2. He's the guy who drew the map on the blast door who supposedl shot himself.

durl
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
No, he won't be coming on until early March. He will be playing "Radzinsky", a character that was mentioned in Season 2. He's the guy who drew the map on the blast door who supposedl shot himself.

We get to see Radzinsky?? That's cool.

The writers are throwing a lot of stuff at us this season (already) but we're finally learning a lot about the island and it's history.

MWM
01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I just wonder how they're going to explain all that needs to be explained in the time they have left. There's just so much stuff unanswered.

yab1112
01-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I just wonder how they're going to explain all that needs to be explained in the time they have left. There's just so much stuff unanswered.

I have a feeling they won't. Maybe there are some mysteries they'll leave to our imagination.:)

When Richard visits Lock as a child, he showed him three items. Can anyone recall what they were? IIRC one of them was the compass Richard gave to Lock to give to him...

redsmetz
01-31-2009, 04:59 PM
I have a feeling they won't. Maybe there are some mysteries they'll leave to our imagination.:)

When Richard visits Lock as a child, he showed him three items. Can anyone recall what they were? IIRC one of them was the compass Richard gave to Lock to give to him...

I found this one Yahoo answers:

1. Baseball glove
2. Book of Laws
3. Small container of granules
4. Compass
5. Comic book entitled "Mystery Tales" (someone noted it had a "floating island"
6. Knife

LoganBuck
02-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Jin Lives!!!

The island part of the episode === very good
The Kate heavy part of the episode === suck

They needed to inverse the amount of screen time that Kate and Hurley each had. For Kate fans, how can you really stand to watch her? I mean I know she is hot, but she is so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RFS62
02-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Dude, Kate is so smokin' hot I don't care what she says or does.

durl
02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
We know that the Losties retain their memories when they jump back in time. So did Rousseau remember meeting Jin when the Losties crash on the island years later?

IslandRed
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
I would have to assume that why Whitmore left the island has to do with why he has a blood feud with Ben.

My guess is, he was banished. We saw a glimpse that he was (1) fiercely protective of the island, (2) ruthless and (3) not inclined to back down even from Richard. So I'm guessing he got kicked off for something and has spent the rest of his life trying to get back. Maybe to destroy everything out of spite, or, since he knows the nature of the place, to use it for his own ends.

I'm thinking this may have happened before Ben came on the scene, or even Dharma. But since Ben has been the leader and chief protector of the island, Whidmore became his problem.

And, of course, I could be totally wrong about all of the above. That's how this show goes.

redsmetz
02-06-2009, 05:47 AM
We know that the Losties retain their memories when they jump back in time. So did Rousseau remember meeting Jin when the Losties crash on the island years later?

My wife and daughter and I were talking about this last night. We're wondering why only the Oceanic folks, the freighter three and Juliette leap. Locke, as I recall, was with Richard and the others when the first leap happened. Why didn't they leap?

Of course, it's in its 5th season and Danielle first arrived on the scene enigmatically (imagine that on this island!), so I don't recall her first encounter with Jin. Of course, it was 14 years later and maybe he just struck her as somewhat familiar.

Blimpie
02-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Dude, Kate is so smokin' hot I don't care what she says or does.Not saying that I agree with her, but my wife seems to think Kate's forehead is paralyzed from repeated botox abuse.

BuckeyeRed27
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
My wife and daughter and I were talking about this last night. We're wondering why only the Oceanic folks, the freighter three and Juliette leap. Locke, as I recall, was with Richard and the others when the first leap happened. Why didn't they leap?

Of course, it's in its 5th season and Danielle first arrived on the scene enigmatically (imagine that on this island!), so I don't recall her first encounter with Jin. Of course, it was 14 years later and maybe he just struck her as somewhat familiar.

It's possible that the Others are leaping but just in a different time frame from the Losties. More than likely though due to their relationship with the island they are safe.

I would imagine that if Danielle were alive still her memory of Jin would have been like Desmond's of Ferreday. When they first met they actually hadn't met in the past yet so she wouldn't have remembered that until it actually happened and then it would seem like a memory to her.

marcshoe
02-06-2009, 11:32 AM
It's possible that the Others are leaping but just in a different time frame from the Losties. More than likely though due to their relationship with the island they are safe.

I would imagine that if Danielle were alive still her memory of Jin would have been like Desmond's of Ferreday. When they first met they actually hadn't met in the past yet so she wouldn't have remembered that until it actually happened and then it would seem like a memory to her.

So would that possibly explain why Ben said Alexandria (is that name right?) was his daughter and Rousseau said she wasn't? Did Ben remember that he had fathered her when traveling back in time--hold on, the more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

durl
02-06-2009, 11:43 AM
So would that possibly explain why Ben said Alexandria (is that name right?) was his daughter and Rousseau said she wasn't? Did Ben remember that he had fathered her when traveling back in time--hold on, the more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

I didn't think Ben fathered Alex. The "Others" took her, correct? I thought that was mentioned a long time ago. Plus, this week's episode shows she was pregnant when they landed on the island.

My theory is that the Others are not jumping through time but only the Losties are.

redsmetz
02-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I didn't think Ben fathered Alex. The "Others" took her, correct? I thought that was mentioned a long time ago. Plus, this week's episode shows she was pregnant when they landed on the island.

My theory is that the Others are not jumping through time but only the Losties are.

But why would Juliette be jumping then? She was an "Other", albeit an import, but then again, Ben was an import to the Dharma Iniative.

gonelong
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
But why would Juliette be jumping then? She was an "Other", albeit an import, but then again, Ben was an import to the Dharma Iniative.

Maybe the common tie is proximity to the Flash Desmond allowed?

GL

IslandRed
02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's affecting everyone who was on the island (and alive) when Ben did the Big Move. We're only seeing it from the perspective of the familiar characters, though.

redsmetz
02-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Maybe the common tie is proximity to the Flash Desmond allowed?

GL

That would explain Juliette, but not the three from the freighter. They weren't around then.

gonelong
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
That would explain Juliette, but not the three from the freighter. They weren't around then.

They've all been on the island before though ... maybe they have been exposed before? Dunno.

GL

ochre
02-07-2009, 01:36 AM
They're the ones getting bloody noses too.

LoganBuck
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Argggghhhhh!!!

The wind has made it so I can't watch Lost. It is constantly searching for signal, then 15 seconds of show, searching, 15 seconds of Faraday looking stunned at something Charlotte says, searching again.

I hope that they are airing this episode again next week, or I am up Schmidt's creek.

macro
02-11-2009, 10:44 PM
They've been re-airing the previous week's show at 8:00pm, so I assume they'll keep doing it. I've enjoyed watching it with the comments popping up at the bottom of the screen. In some cases, I don't think there would be a way for me to figure out some of this stuff unless they come out and tell me.

And by the way, the comments remind me of the old VH1 show "Pop Up Video". Anyone remember that? I always liked it.

durl
02-11-2009, 11:44 PM
They confirmed that Charlotte had been on the island before but her comment to Farraday was something I wasn't expecting.

Interesting about how Rousseau killed her team. I knew she did but it was interesting that the Monster let them go and possessed them somehow. I've got a feeling that that little tidbit will be very important later on. We've never seen the Monster having that type of influence.

Blimpie
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
They confirmed that Charlotte had been on the island before but her comment to Farraday was something I wasn't expecting.

Interesting about how Rousseau killed her team. I knew she did but it was interesting that the Monster let them go and possessed them somehow. I've got a feeling that that little tidbit will be very important later on. We've never seen the Monster having that type of influence.I am not so sure about Rousseau and the whole "Monster making people sick" thing...

I suppose, that ripping off arms could lead to sickness, but I actually think that whatever is inside the "temple" (which the Monster guards) is causing the sickness.

redsmetz
02-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Okay, I'm still trying to get my mind around last night's episode. So many new questions, nowhere near enough answers (were there any?) and wow.

The questions:

Where are the other survivors who were on the flight to Guam? Where are the other passengers and the jet. Or were they just transported off the plane by the light and set down on the island? But then where are Ben (supposedly he shouldn't be able to go back since he turned the wheel), Sayid and Sun?

Who talked Hurley into coming back? What convinced Kate? And what did she do with Aaron? I'm guessing she's honoring Clare's visit to her telling her not to bring him back and she's with Clare's mother. Where's Locke's body? And how does he come back to life (shown in the preview for next week)?

Where's Desmond?

What was Jin doing wearing a Dharma jumpsuit? And what year are they in?

I'm not sure we got any answers to anything. Even Daniel's mother's response to Desmond seemed cold. How come, if the island's so great, doesn't she go?

Is it next Wednesday yet?

redsmetz
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
My son said he called Lapidas being the pilot on the flight to Guam. And where did he go? I hope they had a co-pilot!

redsmetz
02-19-2009, 08:05 AM
I keep thinking of things: Hawkings said they had to duplicate the earlier flight closely.

Jack taking Locke's body, similar to taking his father. He needed something of his father's to travel with Locke, hence his dad's shoes he got from his grandfather (had we seen him before?).

Hurley carrying a guitar, like Charlie did.

Sayid in custody of some law enforcement officer, like Kate was.

Lapidas piloting the plane; he was supposed to have been the pilot on the Oceanic flight.

Am I missing any?

And who was the dude who commented to Jack about seeing to Locke's final wishes? He was the only non Oceanic person in 1st class (thanks to Hurley seeing that 78 other folks didn't get caught in their bizaare web). Is he going to be someone significant? On IMDB.com, he's merely identified as Nabil, so maybe not.

MWM
02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
This is either going to be the coolest thing ever made for TV, or it's going to be one of the biggest let-downs. I don't think there will be any in-between.

Tony Cloninger
02-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Locke was shown in the preview....in regards to how he died.....not that he has come back to life. Unless i missed something in that preview...that shows he is back. All the preview said was ....see how Locke died.

MrCinatit
02-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Looking at the shape of the VW van and the music Jin was listening to, I would say the late 1960s. I am also guessing he "joined ranks" (covertly).
Kate went back because Jack went back (at least she said).
I would not be surprised at all if Charlie told Hurley about the flight and convinced him to go.
I don't think the other passengers on the plane (save Sun, Sayid and Lapidis) went back to the island. There was no debris, and as far as I could tell, there were no signs of a crash. I believe the island transported them back to it when they were over it. Ben may or may not have gone back to the island.
If he went back, then perhaps it was not that he could not go back to the island, but he should not (meaning he was unwanted for whatever reason).
If he remained on the plane, perhaps he is somehow (again, I have no idea how) responsible for the other passengers not noticing they were gone. Of course, I think there was only one other guy in first with them - only he would notice. But, then again, he could be that wildcard character we do not know of who will end up on the island with them (along with the stewardess). So, seeing the other passengers would be oblivious as to what is going on, the only person Ben might have to convince is the copilot. And since we have not seen the copilot...it could be someone we know.
Sun and Sayid are laying in the jungle, somewhere, recovering from their little shock. I think Sun and Jin are soon to be reunited.
Meanwhile, I think Locke will come back to life. The island has healed him once before. And I don't believe Ben's speech about Thomas the Apostle was done for nothing.

Of course, chances are I am light years off. The great thing about this show is its ability to throw us many-a curve.

MWM
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
I think they're going to be going back to the "flashback" model they used most of the first 4 seasons. There were 3 years from the time the Oceanic 6 was rescued until they returned. IN that time, we know there was interaction between Locke and Jack and Kate. We know that he changed his name to Bentham and that Jack saw his death notice. Jack also went through some tough times in that stretch.

I think we're now going to see what transpired in-between. I'm intrigued. Usully I can get a sense for where shows are going. Most TV shows are not very good at hiding the direction they're going. I have no idea what to expect with Lost. None whatsoever. They could any direction and nothing would surprise me.

LoganBuck
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
This episode asks lots of questions.

Where is Aaron? Who has him?
Why is Jin working for Dharma, how did that happen?
Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? What time frame did it crash?
How did the O5 plus Ben all end up on the plane?
What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him?
Where/When are Sun, Sayid, and Ben?
What did Eloise mean when she told Desmond, "The island isn't done with you."?

redsmetz
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
This episode asks lots of questions.

Where is Aaron? Who has him?
Why is Jin working for Dharma, how did that happen?
Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? What time frame did it crash?
How did the O5 plus Ben all end up on the plane?
What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him?
Where/When are Sun, Sayid, and Ben?
What did Eloise mean when she told Desmond, "The island isn't done with you."?

Two questions to a couple of your questions:

Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? When did we see the Ajira Airlines bottles? I hadn't caught that. I think it was the episode dealing with Danielle and I assume that had been their airline. Guess that will get pointed out next week when they do the pop up input before the next episode.

What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him? Did we know that something happened between them or is this just a guess as to why Ben had the daylights beat out of him?

The plot thickens!

Blimpie
02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
I assumed Ben was injured while trying to kill Penny Whidmore...which he promised her dad he would do last season.

My guess is that he has no idea she (Penny) was even in Los Angeles until he saw Desmond show up at the church unexpectedly.

BuckeyeRed27
02-19-2009, 08:03 PM
I assumed Ben was injured while trying to kill Penny Whidmore...which he promised her dad he would do last season.

My guess is that he has no idea she (Penny) was even in Los Angeles until he saw Desmond show up at the church unexpectedly.

Agree. There was some sort of fight between those three.

I'm guessing the plane didn't crash the island brought the people that were "supposed" to be on the island back through some sort of time jump like the rest of the people on the island. They will now have to figure out how to get time to stop jumping.

LoganBuck
02-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Two questions to a couple of your questions:

Did the plane really crash, explaining the Ajira Airlines water bottle two weeks ago? When did we see the Ajira Airlines bottles? I hadn't caught that. I think it was the episode dealing with Danielle and I assume that had been their airline. Guess that will get pointed out next week when they do the pop up input before the next episode.

What did Ben do to Penny and Desmond, or what did they do to him? Did we know that something happened between them or is this just a guess as to why Ben had the daylights beat out of him?

The plot thickens!

The Ajira water bottles were in the canoes at the beach camp that Locke, Juliette, Sawyer, Farraday and Co. found. It was assumed that they had jumped into the near future. Because Sawyer's DHARMA beer stash had been consumed.

Desmond and Penny have been living/traveling the world on a boat. Ben calls Jack from the marina, after having taken a beating. Ben told Jack beforehand that he had to tie up a loose end with an old friend. Ben had told Widmore that because his mercenaries had killed his daughter, Alex, that Ben was going to kill Widmore's daughter, Penny. Widmore told Ben that he would never find Penny, we later find out that Desmond and Penny had been in hiding for three years. Desmond surfaces, and suddenly Ben has loose ends to tie up. 2+2=4???

redsmetz
02-20-2009, 05:32 AM
The Ajira water bottles were in the canoes at the beach camp that Locke, Juliette, Sawyer, Farraday and Co. found. It was assumed that they had jumped into the near future. Because Sawyer's DHARMA beer stash had been consumed.

Desmond and Penny have been living/traveling the world on a boat. Ben calls Jack from the marina, after having taken a beating. Ben told Jack beforehand that he had to tie up a loose end with an old friend. Ben had told Widmore that because his mercenaries had killed his daughter, Alex, that Ben was going to kill Widmore's daughter, Penny. Widmore told Ben that he would never find Penny, we later find out that Desmond and Penny had been in hiding for three years. Desmond surfaces, and suddenly Ben has loose ends to tie up. 2+2=4???

Yeah, someone else pointed that out, but you gave more detail. I had forgotten he'd called from a marina. Now that makes a lot more sense.

As for the bottles, we never did figure out who those canoes belonged to and who was shooting at the survivors when they absconded with the one. I had, mistakenly it seems, assumed they were from Danielle's group back in '88, but that clearly doesn't make any sense now that I think about it.

Back to a "my head is going to explode" phase.

ochre
02-20-2009, 10:35 AM
You think Brian Vaughan pimped the comic book that Hurley was reading on the plane?

joshnky
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Surprisingly, I've really enjoyed this season so far after disliking last year's. Unfortunately, I feel like they're going to spend the next few weeks explaining what happened to get the Oceanic 6 back and I really don't care. I feel like the story has really progressed and now they're going back to retell it. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it will only be a one week deal with Locke but I'm more interested in what is happening on the island.

HeatherC1212
02-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Surprisingly, I've really enjoyed this season so far after disliking last year's. Unfortunately, I feel like they're going to spend the next few weeks explaining what happened to get the Oceanic 6 back and I really don't care. I feel like the story has really progressed and now they're going back to retell it. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it will only be a one week deal with Locke but I'm more interested in what is happening on the island.

I'm more interested in the island folks too at this point but I think next week will focus on Locke's back story from when he left the island and up to his death with the weeks following that filling in more holes in both the O6 story and the islanders. They've been pretty good about mixing things up between the two groups this year and I hope it remains the same now that the O6 are back. I think they'll cover both stories until the whole cast is together again which I assume will happen sometime before the season finale this spring.

TheBigLebowski
02-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I think Jack, Kate and Hurley were thrust into the '60's, where Jin is with Rousseau, et al. Ben, Sayid, Kate and everyone else are in different phases of time.

I don't think there's any doubt Ben had some sort of physical confrontation with Desmond. I don't know how long it will be before we get the details on that one, however.

I have no clue whatsoever what happened with Kate and Aaron. I don't think she simply just gave him up to honor Claire's wishes that he never return to the island; actually, I think something happened which caused her to give him up and she decides to go back because she has nothing left to stay for.

The van that Ben drives around is a carpet cleaning van for a company named "CANTON-RANIER." This is an anagram for "Reincarnation," which, when considered with the story Ben tells Jack about Thomas the Apostle, seems to be pretty clear foreshadowing that Locke is going to return to life. (BTW - I tried and tried to come up with an anagram for "Ajira Airways" - there isn't one.)

I'm actually looking forward to the Locke episode this Wednesday. I'm think it'll be very interesting, even if it doesn't move the story forward a bunch.

Blimpie
02-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I think Jack, Kate and Hurley were thrust into the '60's, where Jin is with Rousseau, et al. Ben, Sayid, Kate and everyone else are in different phases of time.

I don't think there's any doubt Ben had some sort of physical confrontation with Desmond. I don't know how long it will be before we get the details on that one, however.

I have no clue whatsoever what happened with Kate and Aaron. I don't think she simply just gave him up to honor Claire's wishes that he never return to the island; actually, I think something happened which caused her to give him up and she decides to go back because she has nothing left to stay for.

The van that Ben drives around is a carpet cleaning van for a company named "CANTON-RANIER." This is an anagram for "Reincarnation," which, when considered with the story Ben tells Jack about Thomas the Apostle, seems to be pretty clear foreshadowing that Locke is going to return to life. (BTW - I tried and tried to come up with an anagram for "Ajira Airways" - there isn't one.)

I'm actually looking forward to the Locke episode this Wednesday. I'm think it'll be very interesting, even if it doesn't move the story forward a bunch.I think I remember Rousseau hit the island in 1988.

Before we saw Jin in the Dharma gear, he had met up with Sawyer, et al--who I think were placed back in time before Dharma (the well had not yet been dug?) Now, Jin has apparently moved ahead to Dharma times and infiltrated their group.

My guess about Kate is that she brought Aaron back to Claire's mom; who was in town receiving her Oceanic settlement check.

Good catch on the "reincarnation" anagram.

macro
02-21-2009, 01:38 PM
The van that Ben drives around is a carpet cleaning van for a company named "CANTON-RANIER." This is an anagram for "Reincarnation," which, when considered with the story Ben tells Jack about Thomas the Apostle, seems to be pretty clear foreshadowing that Locke is going to return to life.

That seems to be the most popular theory on the message boards, and one that I buy. Oh, and getting to "reincarnation" requires an additional "i". ;)

TheBigLebowski
02-22-2009, 10:49 AM
That seems to be the most popular theory on the message boards, and one that I buy. Oh, and getting to "reincarnation" requires an additional "i". ;)

Crap...you're right. Isn't there some website on the internet that fires out anagrams for words you supply? I need to go there as my skills are apparently lacking.

marcshoe
02-22-2009, 09:58 PM
So, is anyone else planning on booking Ajira Airlines' "Destination Destiny" (http://www.ajiraairways.com/) $87 dollar mystery flight?

Donder
02-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Oh, and getting to "reincarnation" requires an additional "i". ;)

Actually the van said "Canton Rainier," (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n3eH1jI8AZ8/SYrEeOFKmBI/AAAAAAAAO2w/Xb-RSVzp4QQ/s1600-h/bens-van-anagram.gif) so BL was correct. Well, incorrect and correct at the same time.:confused:

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Though Ben killing Penny would seem to be just revenge on Whidmore, if the island is not done with Desmond, and Ben knows he needs to return, killing Penny would also be the way to get him to the island.

TheBigLebowski
02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Actually the van said "Canton Rainier," (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n3eH1jI8AZ8/SYrEeOFKmBI/AAAAAAAAO2w/Xb-RSVzp4QQ/s1600-h/bens-van-anagram.gif) so BL was correct. Well, incorrect and correct at the same time.:confused:

YES. That's it. Good catch.:beerme:

HeatherC1212
02-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Whoa, that was a bit mind blowing for me at the end (GRRR to Ben) and YAY for being back on the island next week! Tonight was a pretty solid episode overall (answered some good questions) but next week should be jam packed with action. There have been too few island scenes in the last few weeks so I'm pumped to get back there. :jump:

LoganBuck
02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
So Whidmore is good now?

I am vexed. Seriously vexed.

This could go so many different ways. Wow.

macro
02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
There have been too few island scenes in the last few weeks so I'm pumped to get back there.

Anybody else ever get nostalgic about the days when they first crashed on the island? Everyone had their little hut and everyone was still alive. It was the way we got to know them all.

On the other hand, if they had remained in that setting forever, it would have been little more than Gilligan's Island on steroids, I guess.

HeatherC1212
02-25-2009, 11:10 PM
So Whidmore is good now?

I am vexed. Seriously vexed.

This could go so many different ways. Wow.

Seriously! I don't know what to think because both Widmore and Ben have shown to be quite manipulative and deadly when necessary. :eek:

Anybody else ever get nostalgic about the days when they first crashed on the island? Everyone had their little hut and everyone was still alive. It was the way we got to know them all.

On the other hand, if they had remained in that setting forever, it would have been little more than Gilligan's Island on steroids, I guess.

LOL @ the Gilligan comment! :laugh: I do get nostalgic for that sometimes but it would have been pretty boring to keep that up for so long and I like the journey that they're taking us on even though we usually get tons more questions before we get some decent answers. I'm just anxious for the group to be together again. IMO, the show works best when everyone is together on the island dealing with some random mystery and quite frankly, I'm just really anxious for the Losties reunion scenes right now! :)

durl
02-26-2009, 09:55 AM
I was getting confused about Widmore and Ben. Could it be more complex than one is good; the other, bad? Could they both be bad, but working to see different results?

As I thought about it, do we REALLY know that Widmore is bad? He's been portrayed as bad, but could that be based upon our brief flashes and Ben's comments? We've been analyzing things based upon what we've seen at the time but we could be wrong because of our limited knowledge.

- Widmore killed his fellow soldier, but Locked killed Naomi. Both killed for the island.
- Widmore seemed to want rid of Desmond, but was that because he's a jerk or because he knew what could happen to Penny?

After last night, it's pretty clear Ben is trying to circumvent the "rules" of the island, return, and be the leader. I can't WAIT to see Ben's face when he sees Locke alive.

kaldaniels
02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
To me, Ben always had the lingering question surrounding him...was he good or bad?...at least you could tell that was the question the show wanted us to think.

After last nights incident with Locke though, I don't see how Ben could be anything but evil.

redsmetz
02-26-2009, 10:47 AM
The whole issue of Locke being alive is making me ponder what the status of Christian is. Is he also alive? And yet, he couldn't help Locke get up after he broke his leg (that made me wonder about him not being a physical body). Now I have to wonder how in the heck do you get them resuscitated with their bodies filled with formaldahyde? I'm trying to figure out if we've actually seen Locke do something physical (touch someone, eat, etc.)

Interesting that Ben killed Locke. I think we know he killed Locke's driver (whose name is slipping me).

It's also interesting that the plane did crash and there is a new set of survivors. And where did Lapedes go? I'm assuming the woman who went with him was Sun.

And is the new plane in the same time period as where Jack, Kate and Hurley went? I don't know and can't assume they're in different times, but then again, who knows?

I know I'm forgetting some of the many things that happened, but this is my start.

HotCorner
02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I love this show.

The last 10 minutes were jaw dropping.

Donder
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm trying to figure out if we've actually seen Locke do something physical (touch someone, eat, etc.)

Interesting that Ben killed Locke. I think we know he killed Locke's driver (whose name is slipping me).

Locke ate some sort of yellow fruit on the island in last night's episode.

The driver's name was Matthew Abbadon (though I'm not sure the spelling is correct).

HeatherC1212
02-26-2009, 04:46 PM
It's also interesting that the plane did crash and there is a new set of survivors. And where did Lapedes go? I'm assuming the woman who went with him was Sun.

I know I'm forgetting some of the many things that happened, but this is my start.

I think the woman who went with him is the stewardess. I think Sayid and Sun disappeared in the light with the other Losties and are somewhere in the same time period as them. Kate, Jack, and Hurley were last seen with Jin making me assume they're all together on the main island somewhere in the same time period and the new survivors are on the Hydra Island where the plane actually crashed but we don't know their time period yet.

My brain feels like total mush after dissecting this week's show but I LOVE IT and I cannot wait to see what's coming next. :thumbup:

durl
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I believe Sun and Sayid are also near Jack, Kate, and Hurley. That would mean Sun is likely not the one that went back with the pilot.

I say this because, at the beginnin of the episode, Caesar was in the Hydra station. And that's apparently where the injured people were kept. The thing is, the Hyrda station is not on the main island. It's on a smaller island that was reached via a ferry. The Hydra station was where Jack was kept prisoner and he operated on Ben.

The pool where Hurley and Kate landed looked extremely like the one where some of the Losties originally landed on the main island. It makes sense to me that if Jack, Hurley, and Kate landed on the main island, so would Sayid and Sun. Of course, I have NO clue why Locke wouldn't have been zapped to the main island...

MrCinatit
02-26-2009, 05:46 PM
To me, Ben always had the lingering question surrounding him...was he good or bad?...at least you could tell that was the question the show wanted us to think.

After last nights incident with Locke though, I don't see how Ben could be anything but evil.

I think that Ben is evil...however...perhaps he did this not only for the good of the island and the good of the world.
The plane needed as many people from the original flight as possible - including Jack's father. Apparently, for reasons not clear, that is an important one.
It is also very important that John goes back to the island (we have been told many times he is very important to the island). Somehow, the fate of the world is centered on this.
Ben would most likely know this. We (and Ben) are also not certain that John would have been able to go through with his suicide - yes, he was on the very brink, but he still seemed (to me) to be unwilling to take that final step.
So, in killing him, Ben not only guarantees that John goes back on the island, but that someone is going back in the place of Jack's father.

redsmetz
02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Last night, I thought I saw Sayid on the beach with the new survivors, but then we never saw him engage John, so maybe it was just another passenger who looked a bit like him. If that wasn't Sayid (and it probably wasn't, now that I'm working through it), then I would agree that it was not Sun who went off with Lapedes. Oy vay!

LoganBuck
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Locke standing there looking at the island in the distance, while on the beach, made me come to the conclusion that they are island #2.

I think Walt's line about dreaming that Locke was on an island with people who wanted to kill him, is a little ominous.

macro
02-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Why did Ben talk Locke out of suicide and then turn right around and kill him? :confused:

LoganBuck
02-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Why did Ben talk Locke out of suicide and then turn right around and kill him? :confused:

He wanted to hear what he had to say? Ben vexes me.

HeatherC1212
02-26-2009, 11:36 PM
He wanted to hear what he had to say? Ben vexes me.

It was either the mention of Jin and the others being alive or his mention of Eloise that made Ben suddenly turn into crazy Ben who killed Locke. One of those things set him off but I'm not sure which one. My bet is Eloise though since she seems to know so much about the island and he seemed pretty shocked the Locke knew her name. Ben was probably pretty shocked to also find out the others were all still on the island so it honestly could have been either thing but my bet is on the Eloise information.

MrCinatit
02-27-2009, 07:08 AM
I am pretty sure Ben got the crazed look in his eyes when John mentioned he had a meeting with Eloise Hawking in the near future.

nate
02-27-2009, 08:35 AM
I am pretty sure Ben got the crazed look in his eyes when John mentioned he had a meeting with Eloise Hawking in the near future.

I think the crazed look is factory.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
I am pretty sure Ben got the crazed look in his eyes when John mentioned he had a meeting with Eloise Hawking in the near future.Just a thought but, what if John was to never make it to Eloise alive, Ben saves him from suicide thinking he can keep him away from her. After finding out he was planning to visit her then he kills Locke. Maybe Eloise has info for Locke that could be damaging to Ben's future. I am starting to feel that this whole thing has alot to do with a power struggle between Locke, Whidmore, and Ben in the future on the island. Whidmore mentions a war, which tells me that he knows information about the future on the island, maybe Ben does also and they are playing a chess match in the present to insure the future turns out in their favor. I could see a civil war on the island split into 3 groups one led by Locke, one by Whidmore, and one by Ben.

Tony Cloninger
02-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Niagra Falls

HeatherC1212
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Bumping this up for the show tonight. I'm excited to get back to the island! :D

HotCorner
03-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Awesome.

Blimpie
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
The "Sawyer" episodes are normally solid, but that was a great episode tonight. Even Juliette couldn't screw it up. Loved the scene with Richard Alpert negotiating with "LeFleur"...

So, the gal having the baby (forgot her name) was also the stewardess that crashed on the latest flight #316, right? I guess that means that EVERYBODY on that flight (including the pilot and Caesar) were all folks who had been to the island before the crash...right?

Help.

HeatherC1212
03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
The "Sawyer" episodes are normally solid, but that was a great episode tonight. Even Juliet couldn't screw it up. Loved the scene with Richard Alpert negotiating with "LeFleur"...

So, the gal having the baby (forgot her name) was also the stewardess that crashed on the latest flight #316, right? I guess that means that EVERYBODY on that flight (including the pilot and Caesar) were all folks who had been to the island before the crash...right?

Help.

I LOVED the ep tonight but what have you got against Juliet? Are you scared of women who can kick your butt??! LOL ;)

Was that the same woman? It didn't look like her at all but I haven't seen the flight episode in a while either so I could be wrong. I don't think that's the same women and quite frankly, that thought didn't even occur to me tonight. I think she's just a random Dharma person from the original community.

I loved seeing Sawyer go from kind of bad guy to all around good guy trying to do the right things in their new community. He's come a long way since the first season and I loved the part with him telling Richard Alpert about things that hadn't happened yet! That was awesome. I also think he and Juliet are cute together. She's infinitely more stable for him than Kate who changes her mind every other day. :eek: That's probably one of the longest relationships he's had with anyone and him bringing her that flower was really adorable. The sap in me liked that part! :D I guess Daniel ended up working in that one Dharma station we saw earlier in the season too because he's the only islander we didn't really get caught up on during the three years later part. I loved this episode tonight and now I'm going to be going crazy waiting two weeks to find out what happens next!

kaldaniels
03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Lest we forget...first 4-toed statue appearance/reference in almost 3 years! :thumbup:

HeatherC1212
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Lest we forget...first 4-toed statue appearance/reference in almost 3 years! :thumbup:

THAT'S RIGHT! I forgot about that part after the rest of the show was so awesome. Did they see that after the last flash that stuck them in Dharma time? I had a serious "WHOA!" moment over seeing that thing again! :D

MWM
03-05-2009, 12:43 AM
My friend was the guy in the preview for next week who said "he's a spy" and "we can take care of it right now". Looks like a cool part and I'm excited to see him. From there in the queen city.

LoganBuck
03-05-2009, 07:20 AM
My friend was the guy in the preview for next week who said "he's a spy" and "we can take care of it right now". Looks like a cool part and I'm excited to see him. From there in the queen city.

I decided I didn't like that guy in that 1 second blurb. Great way to cause a reaction. Cool for him.

durl
03-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Great stuff in this episode.

- I'm still trying to figure out some stuff but I really was impressed with the way Sawyer handled himself...especially with Richard. We've gotten so used to Losties NOT sharing what they know that that little scene was especially great. And I like Sawyer with Juliet. Good match.

- Good to see the statue. I may be wrong, but I though they saw it before the final flash.

- I was hoping they'd tell us the name of the baby born to Amy.

- It appeared Horace was the father of the baby, but in a previous episode we learned that Horace's wife's name is Olivia. Or am I missing something?

Blimpie
03-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Great stuff in this episode.

- I'm still trying to figure out some stuff but I really was impressed with the way Sawyer handled himself...especially with Richard. We've gotten so used to Losties NOT sharing what they know that that little scene was especially great. And I like Sawyer with Juliet. Good match.

- Good to see the statue. I may be wrong, but I though they saw it before the final flash.

- I was hoping they'd tell us the name of the baby born to Amy.

- It appeared Horace was the father of the baby, but in a previous episode we learned that Horace's wife's name is Olivia. Or am I missing something?A couple of things occurred to me...

Maybe Amy was not the stewardess after all, but I sure thought that was where they were going last night.

Maybe Horace lost his wife (Olivia) the same way that Amy lost her first husband, Paul?

Also, I have struggled to figure out WHO the Amy/Horace child will eventually end up being...now, I am not so sure it is even relavent. Maybe they only showed her giving birth so that we would know that, during the 70s, people could still give birth on the island without complications?

LoganBuck
03-05-2009, 01:37 PM
My questions of the week

Where are Rose and Bernard? They are too important to have been killed off screen.

How did they get their jobs in the security force? Why is Juliette working in the motor pool on an island with only a handful of vehicles? Why don't they have anyone capable of internal medicine at a research facility on a sequestered island? Where is Farraday?

Where is Ben Linus in the seventies? As a middle aged person, he would have had to have been in the Dharma schools around this time period.

Who filled in the well?

This episode was just great until Kate had to show up to mess everything up. Why can't she just go away? Wake up, Sawyer! Juliette is way better.

durl
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
My questions of the week

Where are Rose and Bernard? They are too important to have been killed off screen.

It seems as though the writers are starting to reveal a lot of background on the link between Dharma and the Others. I don't believe Rose and Bernard are vital to that particular story arc. But I agree...I like the characters.

How did they get their jobs in the security force? Why is Juliette working in the motor pool on an island with only a handful of vehicles? Why don't they have anyone capable of internal medicine at a research facility on a sequestered island? Where is Farraday?

It would seem feasible that Jin and Sawyer would get into security. Both have backgrounds involving "dealing" with people. Plus taking out a couple of Others probably boosted their stock. :)

Farraday's probably part of the team digging under the Orchid. That's where we saw him when Dr. Candle went down to see the "donkey wheel" on the sonar.

Where is Ben Linus in the seventies? As a middle aged person, he would have had to have been in the Dharma schools around this time period.

I believe he's yet to arrive on the Island yet. He was born in the early 60's and came to the Island when he was 11. It's feasible that he's not there yet.

Who filled in the well?

Good question. I bet we'll get that answer soon. The Others may want to cut off access to Dharma. Or Dharma may want to cut off access to the Others.

This episode was just great until Kate had to show up to mess everything up. Why can't she just go away? Wake up, Sawyer! Juliette is way better.

I agree. I like the dynamic between Sawyer and Juliet. Kate feeds Sawyer's reckless side. Juliet confronts it.

durl
03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
A couple of things occurred to me...

Maybe Amy was not the stewardess after all, but I sure thought that was where they were going last night.

Maybe Horace lost his wife (Olivia) the same way that Amy lost her first husband, Paul?

Also, I have struggled to figure out WHO the Amy/Horace child will eventually end up being...now, I am not so sure it is even relavent. Maybe they only showed her giving birth so that we would know that, during the 70s, people could still give birth on the island without complications?

I thought that Amy looked very familiar but I don't know if that's because I recognize her from some other show.

Horace was married to Olivia after Ben arrived. She taught the class that he was in. So we know Olivia comes after Amy.

You could be right about why we saw the birth of the boy. I'm just used to seemingly inconsequential things turning out to be very important ones.

LoganBuck
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I thought that Amy looked very familiar but I don't know if that's because I recognize her from some other show.

Horace was married to Olivia after Ben arrived. She taught the class that he was in. So we know Olivia comes after Amy.

You could be right about why we saw the birth of the boy. I'm just used to seemingly inconsequential things turning out to be very important ones.

Olivia was with Horace when they stopped to help Roger when Ben was born. I am very murky on the Horace storyline.

redsmetz
03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
My questions of the week

Who filled in the well?

Actually I've wondered that too, plus where on earth is Clare? Last we saw, she was chilling with Christian in Jacob's cabin. I doubt Rose & Bernard are dead though (heck, I continue to argue that Michael and Charlie may show up alive!).

It is remotely possible that Ben has not arrived on the island yet. Lostpedia.com (yes, there is such a thing) states that he was born sometime in the early 60's, another sources say perhaps middle 60's. He came to the island when he was 11, so if it's mid 60's, he may not have arrived. But that time may be coming shortly. I'm presuming the other folks from Flight 316 are in the same time period, but I won't swear to that. I guess it's possible for two versions of yourself to be in the same time period because Locke talked about being concerned with encountering himself when the light shaft was coming up from the place where.

Well, I just glanced at the upcoming episodes on IMDB.com and the next episode has a credit for Young Ben Linus, so I'm guessing it will be the "three years later" time (1977) and Ben is there, so he was probably born in the mid 60's (although actor is my age, born in 1954). I see one episode coming up titled "He's Our You" and I'm guessing that might refer to Ben (perhaps Sawyer referring to him that way). I also see the guy from Cincinnati is in the final four episodes.

LoganBuck
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Jin get very good with the English yes, no?

HeatherC1212
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Jin get very good with the English yes, no?

After three years I would hope so, LOL :laugh:

I'm still pondering some things about the show but I'm at work and can't ramble so I may be back later with some other thoughts. I swear I get nothing done at work on Thursdays because I'm too busy trying to process Lost from the night before, LOL ;)

Blimpie
03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
So....did Sun and the airline pilot take the plane manifest and sail their way to Tahiti so that they could examine it in private?

redsmetz
03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
So....did Sun and the airline pilot take the plane manifest and sail their way to Tahiti so that they could examine it in private?

My wife and daughter think that Lapidas went away with the flight attendant. We're thinking that Sun and Sayid disappeared with the other three and landed somewhere different.

Blimpie
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought the flight attendant was the curly-haired lady who, along with Caesar, had assumed somewhat of the leadership role among the survivors of the second plane crash.

If this is correct, then I thought they showed her in one of the Dharma stations after Lapidas and Sun had already disappeared from site.

redsmetz
03-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I thought the flight attendant was the curly-haired lady who, along with Caesar, had assumed somewhat of the leadership role among the survivors of the second plane crash.

If this is correct, then I thought they showed her in one of the Dharma stations after Lapidas and Sun had already disappeared from site.

I think that was the law enforcement person taking Sayid off in cuffs. I'll tell you, you can't tell the players without a score card anymore!

durl
03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I think that was the law enforcement person taking Sayid off in cuffs. I'll tell you, you can't tell the players without a score card anymore!

That's what www.lostpedia.com is for. :D

marcshoe
03-06-2009, 06:27 PM
A corrolary to the Ben question is whether his meeting Sawyer as the security leader (along with Jin, possibly, and Jack, Hurley, and....) in the seventies affected the way he related to them in the "future", particularly when he took Jack, Sawyer, and Kate prisoner and sent Hurley back with the message.

savafan
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM

She played Michelle on 24 until Logan had her blowed up.

TeamCasey
03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm completely "lost" at this point.

HeatherC1212
03-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm completely "lost" at this point.

Lost is a rerun this week (they're rerunning last week's ep at 9 PM on Wednesday) so you've got a week and a half to get caught up on the season. Get cracking! ;)

BuckeyeRed27
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh man I love this show.

I got so excited when they showed the statue. I really hope they give the entire back story on that. I assume they will, but it looked Egyptian which would be a cool twist.

I agree with above comments that having the baby born was just to show that it was possible and that something is coming that will change that.

Two weeks without LOST is too long.

marcshoe
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I mentioned to the mythology class I teach yesterday that the ankh Horus was clutching in the PowerPoint presentation we were watching meant that he was Amy's baby.

BuckeyeRed27
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I mentioned to the mythology class I teach yesterday that the ankh Horus was clutching in the PowerPoint presentation we were watching meant that he was Amy's baby.

That who was Amy's baby?

marcshoe
03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
My guess is Desmond.

But it could be Horus....:confused: But that would make Amy Isis, and she obviously isn't. It seems more likely that Claire is Isis and her baby Horus, which would make Kate Buto....:eek: Uh, nevermind.

redsmetz
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
My guess is Desmond.

But the baby is younger than Charlotte, so it can't be Desmond. Remember we saw Charlotte around three to five years old around that time. She turned and waved at the Losties and Daniel.

HotCorner
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
nm

marcshoe
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
But the baby is younger than Charlotte, so it can't be Desmond. Remember we saw Charlotte around three to five years old around that time. She turned and waved at the Losties and Daniel.

Hmmm...The baby would be around thirty (born 1977). Desmond is likely about five years older than that, I suppose.

ochre
03-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd guess it's miles. He had nosebleeds shortly after Charlotte and had 0 recollection of having been on the island.

HeatherC1212
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I'd guess it's miles. He had nosebleeds shortly after Charlotte and had 0 recollection of having been on the island.

I think the baby we saw with the main Dharma guy at the start of this season is Miles. I've read a few theories that Amy's baby is either Goodwin or Ethan both of which could be possible although the thought of Juliet actually delivering the baby who would grow up to be her lover while she was with the Others all those years later is a bit creepy, LOL :laugh:

I hate reruns although I'll still be watching tonight because I thought the episode last week was really good.

durl
03-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I think the baby we saw with the main Dharma guy at the start of this season is Miles. I've read a few theories that Amy's baby is either Goodwin or Ethan both of which could be possible although the thought of Juliet actually delivering the baby who would grow up to be her lover while she was with the Others all those years later is a bit creepy, LOL :laugh:

I hate reruns although I'll still be watching tonight because I thought the episode last week was really good.

The Goodwin thing would indeed be creepy.

Since Ben is the only Dharma-affiliated member that survived the Purge, the baby would have died in the Purge 15 years later. That is, unless he was taken by the Others but there's no reference to them snatching babies from the Dharmas.

LoganBuck
03-11-2009, 09:27 PM
The Goodwin thing would indeed be creepy.

Since Ben is the only Dharma-affiliated member that survived the Purge, the baby would have died in the Purge 15 years later. That is, unless he was taken by the Others but there's no reference to them snatching babies from the Dharmas.

True, but they are known to snatch children.

redsmetz
03-18-2009, 07:14 AM
From today's Enquirer, a story about the guy from the Cincinnati area who has a part in "Lost".

Actor finally found 'Lost'

After 13 years of bit parts on TV, Fairfield native Eric Lange has found the biggest role of his career on "Lost."

The 1991 Fairfield High School graduate and Miami University theater major begins a seven-episode story line tonight as "Radzinsky" (9 p.m., Channels 9, 22).

"What started as two episodes has grown quite a bit," says Lange, who has appeared in "Criminal Minds," "ER," "Burn Notice," "Entourage," "Cold Case," "Boston Legal" and "Ghost Whisperer."

"They've really given me a great character to play. It's a great, meaty part."

He can't say more because of the confidentiality agreement he signed with ABC to appear on the acclaimed five-year-old mystery about survivors of Oceanic Air flight 815 on a Pacific island.

ABC's cryptic description of today's episode says: "When some old friends drop in unannounced, Sawyer (Josh Holloway) is forced to further perpetuate his lie in order to protect them." The guest cast includes a co-pilot (Dan Gauthier) and a photographer (Sven Lindstrom).

Lange also appears in next week's show, described by ABC this way: "Things begin to unravel when one of the survivors goes rogue and takes matters into their own hands - risking the lives of everyone on the island."

He's not in the following two, then returns for the final five episodes this season. "Lost" concludes with a two-hour telecast May 13.

HeatherC1212
03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Cool story about the Cincy guy who's appearing on Lost this season! I can't wait to see the show tonight. Two weeks is WAY too long to wait between new episodes. :eek:

MWM
03-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Eric Lange and I were high school friends (he's the guy I've been referring to). I graduated the year after him, but we were in show choir together and I considered him a good friend then, and reconnected with him through facebook some time ago long before Lost (I remember the day he posted that he was cast in Lost). He told me the part he was playing a few months ago and I've been looking forward to his debut ever since. He was a very talented guy, even back then. I would post pictures of the two of us, but that's a bit much. :) But suffice to say, I'm pretty stoked about seeing him tonight in that show.

HeatherC1212
03-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Eric Lange and I were high school friends (he's the guy I've been referring to). I graduated the year after him, but we were in show choir together and I considered him a good friend then, and reconnected with him through facebook some time ago long before Lost (I remember the day he posted that he was cast in Lost). He told me the part he was playing a few months ago and I've been looking forward to his debut ever since. He was a very talented guy, even back then. I would post pictures of the two of us, but that's a bit much. :) But suffice to say, I'm pretty stoked about seeing him tonight in that show.

Very cool. He definitely has a fantastic job being part of Lost! :thumbup:

And for the record, I'm all ready slightly confused about why Sun didn't disappear with the other Losties on that plane. Why wouldn't she have gone with them in the bright light? :eek:

HeatherC1212
03-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Wow, tonight's ep was awesome! Tons of twists and turns and I'm all ready anxious to see what happens next week! I do think my brain needs to recover a bit before I can put any other coherent sentences together though, LOL :laugh:

redsmetz
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Very cool. He definitely has a fantastic job being part of Lost! :thumbup:

And for the record, I'm all ready slightly confused about why Sun didn't disappear with the other Losties on that plane. Why wouldn't she have gone with them in the bright light? :eek:

Perhaps because when she left the island, she was pregnant and since she didn't return with the baby, she was out of balance or something that kept her from moving with the rest of the group. This just occurred to me and it's just a stab at a "why".

I'm not sure there were many other revelations, although we did learn the baby is Ethan, we did see the younger Ben. Likewise, we're learning that Christian seems fairly connected with what's going on.

HeatherC1212
03-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Perhaps because when she left the island, she was pregnant and since she didn't return with the baby, she was out of balance or something that kept her from moving with the rest of the group. This just occurred to me and it's just a stab at a "why".

I'm not sure there were many other revelations, although we did learn the baby is Ethan, we did see the younger Ben. Likewise, we're learning that Christian seems fairly connected with what's going on.

She got pregnant on the island though (the baby is Jin's) so that can't be it. Hopefully they explain that soon although if it means we get more creepy Christian, then they can take all the time they need because he's an awesome character. :D

No, there weren't a huge amount of revelations but it seemed like the action just kept going and going and if the rest of the season keeps building like the last few episodes, it's going to be one heck of a ride! :thumbup:

nate
03-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Tonight I finally figured out Lapidas was the helicopter pilot.

Oh, did anyone see this? In the scene where Lapidas and Sun talk to Christian in the registration cabin, there are a series of three shots. It goes from Sun to Christian back to Sun. When the shot goes back to Sun, if you look beyond her right shoulder, you can clearly see a woman sitting behind her moving around. It looks like a production gaffe 'cos it seems like she's recording or editing something.

redsmetz
03-19-2009, 05:36 AM
She got pregnant on the island though (the baby is Jin's) so that can't be it. Hopefully they explain that soon although if it means we get more creepy Christian, then they can take all the time they need because he's an awesome character. :D

No, there weren't a huge amount of revelations but it seemed like the action just kept going and going and if the rest of the season keeps building like the last few episodes, it's going to be one heck of a ride! :thumbup:

I was aware that she got pregnant on the island and I understand your point, but I'm not certain that necessarily eliminates this possibility.

I also forgot to mention that Christian clearly infers to Sun and Frank that they're seems to be a way they can make their way back to where the rest of Losties are ("it will be a long journey" I think were his words). Of course, when on earth are they going to hightail it out Dharma-land before the Dharmaites get killed?

durl
03-19-2009, 10:15 AM
So Radzinsky survives the Purge. I'm guessing because he was in the Swan. Interesting that he designed it. Makes the blast door map more interesting.

The barracks sure looked like they'd been vacant for more than 3 years. It made me think that Oceanic 815 crashed years earlier in "island time." We've thought the Losties were in 2004, but they could have been in the 90s. And the runway that was being built was for use a decade or more later, perhaps?

And I don't believe we can be sure that Sun is where/when we think she is. Faraday said you can't change the future...what happened will happen. But Sun saw a picture of Jin living in 1977. But Jin was not on the island in 1977 in Sun's timeline. It apperas that Jin's new "past" has affected Sun's "present/future."

Man...this is getting confusing...

HeatherC1212
03-19-2009, 10:26 AM
I was aware that she got pregnant on the island and I understand your point, but I'm not certain that necessarily eliminates this possibility.

I also forgot to mention that Christian clearly infers to Sun and Frank that they're seems to be a way they can make their way back to where the rest of Losties are ("it will be a long journey" I think were his words). Of course, when on earth are they going to hightail it out Dharma-land before the Dharmaites get killed?

You know what? I totally misread your post last night. I thought you mentioned that Sun was pregnant when she CAME to the island, not when she left. I have no idea how I read that wrong but yeah, something is definitely up with her situation and I'm curious how her timeline isn't the same as the other Losties.

Biggest mystery still on my mind from last night: WTH happened to Faraday?! :eek:

BuckeyeRed27
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
So Radzinsky survives the Purge. I'm guessing because he was in the Swan. Interesting that he designed it. Makes the blast door map more interesting.

The barracks sure looked like they'd been vacant for more than 3 years. It made me think that Oceanic 815 crashed years earlier in "island time." We've thought the Losties were in 2004, but they could have been in the 90s. And the runway that was being built was for use a decade or more later, perhaps?

And I don't believe we can be sure that Sun is where/when we think she is. Faraday said you can't change the future...what happened will happen. But Sun saw a picture of Jin living in 1977. But Jin was not on the island in 1977 in Sun's timeline. It apperas that Jin's new "past" has affected Sun's "present/future."

Man...this is getting confusing...

No they were in 2004. Remember when Ben was telling Jack all the things that had happened since they crashed when Jack was being held captive. I believe he showed him video of the Red Sox winning the World Series. I think what that scene showed is that when Ben turned the donkey wheel that not only the Losties were skipping time but the Others were too.

This show just keeps getting better and better.

durl
03-19-2009, 02:33 PM
No they were in 2004. Remember when Ben was telling Jack all the things that had happened since they crashed when Jack was being held captive. I believe he showed him video of the Red Sox winning the World Series. I think what that scene showed is that when Ben turned the donkey wheel that not only the Losties were skipping time but the Others were too.

This show just keeps getting better and better.

True, Ben showed Jack a Red Sox World Series video. (Using VHS seemed interesting...) But we know that Ben could go to 2004 in the outside world. That doesn't mean that it's 2004 on the island.

LoganBuck
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM
So the broadcast of the numbers was started again, after it was ended at the end of season 3? The co Pilot heard Rousseau's numbers when they were crash landing.

My head hurts. Did they really have to add a bunch of extra questions, and now they bring Kate back in to muck up the works? Couldn't they have just brought Sun back and left Kate to slum around with Lapidus?

HeatherC1212
03-25-2009, 09:55 PM
New Lost tonight and so far it's been a pretty tense episode. It's like everything is simmering underneath the surface and is slowing starting to blow up. I guess it kind of did too since a burning bus just blew up someone's house, LOL ;)

Sawyer had the line of the night: "Three years of no burning buses and you guys are back for ONE day!!" :laugh:

savafan
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Whoa...!

HeatherC1212
03-25-2009, 10:03 PM
OK, with all the time travel stuff they started the season with, what happens if young Ben actually dies?!?! I didn't really see that part coming tonight. Wow. :eek:

marcshoe
03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Color me skeptical, but it's already been proven that not everyone who dies on the island stays dead. Even if he had been cut up into many pieces with one missing, he could have been reassembled and brought back to life (but that would have made Ben Osiris, and I think he's really Set.)

LoganBuck
03-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Hmmmmm...........

M2
03-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I assume young Ben isn't dead, otherwise time would collapse back in on itself. Sayid can't kill Ben if they never meet in the future. As Farraday says, "What happened already happened." And what has he been up to the past three years in the 1970s?

Though I'm glad it's young Ben who got shot as I was worried Sayid was a goner.

And, back to the present, I'm chomping at the bit to get the back stories of Cesar and Ilana.

Yachtzee
03-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I assume young Ben isn't dead, otherwise time would collapse back in on itself. Sayid can't kill Ben if they never meet in the future. As Farraday says, "What happened already happened." And what has he been up to the past three years in the 1970s?

Though I'm glad it's young Ben who got shot as I was worried Sayid was a goner.

And, back to the present, I'm chomping at the bit to get the back stories of Cesar and Ilana.

For some reason, Nikki and Paulo popped into my head. "Razzle Dazzle!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkgmkIqS5g

savafan
03-26-2009, 10:49 PM
For some reason, Nikki and Paulo popped into my head. "Razzle Dazzle!"

I hate you for mentioning the dynamic duo. :p:

macro
03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I had completely forgotten about them.

Gallen5862
03-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Does Young Ben getting shot and injured if he doesn't die effect Old Ben's injuries? He had some injury when Locke saw him with the new Losties.

savafan
03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Since time is linear and on many planes (at least theoretically) perhaps the "future" that Locke and Sun are in is running parallel to the "past" that the others find themselves in, and existing on two completely separate plains, meaning that the young Ben Linus's death would have no effect on the Ben Linus of today. Obviously, if they are on the same timeline, the Dharma massacre will never happen now, which changes everything.

redsmetz
03-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Since time is linear and on many planes (at least theoretically) perhaps the "future" that Locke and Sun are in is running parallel to the "past" that the others find themselves in, and existing on two completely separate plains, meaning that the young Ben Linus's death would have no effect on the Ben Linus of today. Obviously, if they are on the same timeline, the Dharma massacre will never happen now, which changes everything.

That's assuming that Ben is, in fact, dead. I'm not sure we can definitely say that.

Blimpie
03-27-2009, 09:49 PM
It sure looked he was shot in the heart.

Yachtzee
03-28-2009, 07:35 AM
I wonder if having the a bullet lodged near his spine may be/have been a contributing factor to the tumor he gets in the future.

Blimpie
03-28-2009, 02:24 PM
I wonder if having the a bullet lodged near his spine may be/have been a contributing factor to the tumor he gets in the future.Whoa... I had completely forgotten about that one.

durl
03-31-2009, 02:52 PM
The doll he got from Annie deflected the bullet. That's my guess, anyway.

Phil in BG
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Early on Lost did kill off some of it's regulars, but Ben is too good of a villian to exit this way. Somehow he either isn't dead or comes back.

HeatherC1212
04-01-2009, 11:24 PM
So Sayid shooting young Ben, Juliet doing surgery, Jack refusing to help, Kate donating blood and talking to Ben's father, Juliet suggesting that they take him to the Others, and Kate and Sawyer actually taking him there is what actually causes young Ben to become adult, torturing Ben. How's that for a little irony?! :eek:

And I saw this on another board and I had to share it here too because it's SO true: Hurley=Lost fans, Miles=Lost writers. Those scenes were hilarious! :laugh:

I loved the scene with Locke and Ben at the end. Next week is going to be AWESOME! :thumbup:

LoganBuck
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
So Sayid shooting young Ben, Juliet doing surgery, Jack refusing to help, Kate donating blood and talking to Ben's father, Juliet suggesting that they take him to the Others, and Kate and Sawyer actually taking him there is what actually causes young Ben to become adult, torturing Ben. How's that for a little irony?! :eek:

And I saw this on another board and I had to share it here too because it's SO true: Hurley=Lost fans, Miles=Lost writers. Those scenes were hilarious! :laugh:

I loved the scene with Locke and Ben at the end. Next week is going to be AWESOME! :thumbup:

Great Episode, and Kate wasn't even annoying.

Hurley and Miles were golden tonight.

Ben waking up to find Locke staring at him was great.

Lots of fun.

redsmetz
04-02-2009, 05:28 AM

And we tied up some unanswered questions: what Sawyer told Kate and her follow up on his request; where Aaron is (which wasn't much of a surprise).

I thought the final question Hurley put to Miles (why didn't Ben recognize Sayid as the man who shot him as a 13 year old) was an excellent question (and Richard answered for us towards the end - but I'm asking "why?" on his answer). And where the heck to Richard slip into at the very end - is that the island's "Bat Cave"?

The look of surprise on Ben's face when he saw Locke was interesting. I assumed that Ben knew the island had this power. Hadn't he encountered Christian back on the island?

Very apt description of the dialogue between Hurley and Miles - very good analogy. I'll have to share that with my daughter when she gets back from Ireland.

HeatherC1212
04-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I thought the final question Hurley put to Miles (why didn't Ben recognize Sayid as the man who shot him as a 13 year old) was an excellent question (and Richard answered for us towards the end - but I'm asking "why?" on his answer). And where the heck to Richard slip into at the very end - is that the island's "Bat Cave"?

The look of surprise on Ben's face when he saw Locke was interesting. I assumed that Ben knew the island had this power. Hadn't he encountered Christian back on the island?

I think Richard took young Ben to the temple but I could be wrong. I'll have to watch that again.

That was very interesting. Maybe Ben thought Locke would be gone with the other O6 when they disappeared? I don't know. I do know that Ben & Locke are going to be fierce next week. That scene didn't have any words and it didn't really need any! :eek:

MWM
04-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Great Episode, and Kate wasn't even annoying.

But she looked pretty unbelievable in that blue dress in the grocery store. WOW!

HotCorner
04-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Awesome.

The conversation between Miles and Hurley was fantastic! The analogy of the writers and the fans is spot on.

I have a theory regarding the "Temple" and Richard's statement of "he won't remember it, he will lose his innocence and become one of us" regarding young Ben.

I believe the "he won't remember it" is referencing what will be done to save him. Ben will remember his past because that is why he choose Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hurley to be brought to their camp after he was made aware of who was on the plane. Also his history with Sayid as a boy explains a lot regarding his future history with Sayid.

I also believe the "he will lose his innocence and become one of us" is due to Smokey the Monster. Richard Alpert takes him inside the Temple (also the home of Smokey the Monster) to "save" him. Remember that anyone who has either gone inside of the temple and come back out or experienced and survived Smokey has become a defender of the island after the encounter (Rousseau's boyfriend/husband Robert (http://www.filmfodder.com/tv/lost/archives/004947.shtml), Benjamin Linus, John Locke (http://www.filmfodder.com/tv/lost/archives/001279.shtml)). It's as if they've become a solider for the island.

RANDY IN INDY
04-02-2009, 09:47 AM
But she looked pretty unbelievable in that blue dress in the grocery store. WOW!

Oh yes she did!:beerme:

M2
04-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm loving what they've done with Sawyer and Jack. It's three years on, people shouldn't remain static over that amount of time. I'm also digging that neither one seems to want anything to do with Kate getting the love triangle back together. Time for her character to evolve.

Phil in BG
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm loving what they've done with Sawyer and Jack. It's three years on, people shouldn't remain static over that amount of time. I'm also digging that neither one seems to want anything to do with Kate getting the love triangle back together. Time for her character to evolve.

As he said last night, Sawyer has grown up a lot. He is handling his role of responsible citizen well. As for Jack, I'm not sure I like his passive role. I don't really see that lasting.....Jack a janitor along with Ben's dad?

durl
04-02-2009, 12:36 PM

I did note the irony in the actions of Sayid and Jack. However, it caused me to slide backwards in my attempts to follow the "time-travel-ish" concept.

The actions of Sayid and Jack were based upon the actions of the older Ben they know, yet their actions appear to have made Ben the more menacing man that we see. So "older" Ben's actions cause Sayid to shoot young Ben but Sayid's action essentially makes younger Ben became the man he wants to shoot. Am I explaining my confusion properly? :) He's reacting based upon something that his reaction causes. That seems impossible.

And that last scene was priceless! Ben is never shocked but he sure looked it. This could be good.

HotCorner
04-02-2009, 12:59 PM
One more nugget from last night. It comes from this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6JzdBdMUlc

One of the Others references "Ellie" and "Charles" to Richard after he takes Ben. Richard responds he doesn't answer to either one. "Charles" is most likely Charles Widmore since we know he was on the island in the past and told John Locke that we was the leader.

My guess is that "Ellie", who we met in "Jughead", (http://tviv.org/Lost/Ellie)is most likely Eloise Hawking ( and Daniel Farraday's mother). Remember when Daniel met Ellie he said she looked like someone he knew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgK2UumKUKo

Could it be since both Ellie and Charles were on the island together for over 20 years (1950-something (jughead episode) to the at least 1977) that they had some type of relationship which led to Charles Widmore being the father of Daniel Farraday?

M2
04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
As for Jack, I'm not sure I like his passive role. I don't really see that lasting.....Jack a janitor along with Ben's dad?

I like that he's on the way from where he was to where he's going. He was right that he didn't need to get involved with saving Ben last night.

I suspect getting back to the future will hinge on him doing something pretty extreme and that when everybody turns to him to save the day he's going to deliver some version of "You want me in charge again? I'm don't think you're ready for what I'm prepared to do."

Phil in BG
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
I like that he's on the way from where he was to where he's going. He was right that he didn't need to get involved with saving Ben last night.

I suspect getting back to the future will hinge on him doing something pretty extreme and that when everybody turns to him to save the day he's going to deliver some version of "You want me in charge again? I'm don't think you're ready for what I'm prepared to do."

And that will be a great episode. The writers are doing a pretty good job of not tipping their hand as to where they are going with this story line as well as the Locke/Ben line which is current time....isn't it?

savafan
04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
And that will be a great episode. The writers are doing a pretty good job of not tipping their hand as to where they are going with this story line as well as the Locke/Ben line which is current time....isn't it?

Yes, it is current.

Root Down
04-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Could it be since both Ellie and Charles were on the island together for over 20 years (1950-something (jughead episode) to the at least 1977) that they had some type of relationship which led to Charles Widmore being the father of Daniel Farraday?

Now that you point that out it brings to mind that Farraday went missing. Where exactly did he go? The island is only so big, no doubt he is with the others. Did he learn something about his past/present?

LoganBuck
04-03-2009, 01:44 PM

One of the Others references "Ellie" and "Charles" to Richard after he takes Ben. Richard responds he doesn't answer to either one. "Charles" is most likely Charles Widmore since we know he was on the island in the past and told John Locke that we was the leader.

My guess is that "Ellie", who we met in "Jughead", (http://tviv.org/Lost/Ellie)is most likely Eloise Hawking ( and Daniel Farraday's mother). Remember when Daniel met Ellie he said she looked like someone he knew.

Maybe but Farraday is a full grown adult in 1994 when Desmond comes to visit him in the future.

At this point, I am ready to give up and just enjoy the show, I can't guess anything that is coming.

Root Down
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Maybe but Farraday is a full grown adult in 1994 when Desmond comes to visit him in the future.

At this point, I am ready to give up and just enjoy the show, I can't guess anything that is coming.

That's when you know they've won! You are right though, no matter how much I think about it, I can't quite figure it out. I don't think they have provided enough information to figure this one out quite yet. These writers change things rapidly too, its hard to say if they know where they are going with this. Emphasized by the fact that Jack was supposed to die in episode 5ish of season 1 and didn't because he was a fan favorite.

Phil in BG
04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Now that you point that out it brings to mind that Farraday went missing. Where exactly did he go? The island is only so big, no doubt he is with the others. Did he learn something about his past/present?

Didn't we last see Faraday at the body of Charlotte? He was bouncing around in time with Sawyer and Juliet and I remember him being torn up over Charlotte, but I don't remember anything after that.

HeatherC1212
04-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Didn't we last see Faraday at the body of Charlotte? He was bouncing around in time with Sawyer and Juliet and I remember him being torn up over Charlotte, but I don't remember anything after that.

Faraday was with the islanders when they first got to Dharmaville after saving that Amy girl from the Others, but in the three years they've been there (in the stuff that we've learned so far) we haven't really learned what happened to him. Sawyer implied when he was driving Kate, Jack, and Hurley to Dharmaville a few eps ago that Faraday had some interesting theories on what they could and couldn't do in their current time frame but never said where Faraday actually was at that time. Hopefully we find out at some point. :)

Tonight's ep looks great! I love Ben-centric episodes. :D

Phil in BG
04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Thank you Heather....I get so confused. What year is it anyway?:confused:
I like the Ben episodes as well.

HotCorner
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM

HeatherC1212
04-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I like the Ben episodes as well.

This show can get really confusing at times! ;)

And to make things even more confusing, it's actually two different time periods right now. The Losties who are all stuck in Dharmaville are in 1977 but Sun, Frank, Ben, Locke, and the other plane folks are all in 2007. How's that for confusing?! LOL :laugh:

klw
04-08-2009, 05:26 PM
If it 1977 maybe there will be some Big Red Machine references.

savafan
04-08-2009, 05:40 PM

That would make Ethan and I the same age...that's impossible...

HotCorner
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow. Very good episode.

savafan
04-08-2009, 10:19 PM
One of the best...answered quite a few questions too!

marcshoe
04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Color me skeptical, but it's already been proven that not everyone who dies on the island stays dead. Even if he had been cut up into many pieces with one missing, he could have been reassembled and brought back to life (but that would have made Ben Osiris, and I think he's really Set.)

Perhaps he's neither. Tonight, the smoke monster appeared from beneath a drawing of Anubis, the gatekeeper of the land of the dead. Ma'at does the judging, weighing the soul against her feather. With the Egyptian references becoming more blatant, this would likely identify Ma'at with the smoke monster.

HeatherC1212
04-08-2009, 11:28 PM
This was a VERY interesting episode tonight although I'm going to watch it again at some point because I was also following two baseball games at the same time and got really distracted this evening, LOL :laugh:

So are the Ajira passengers bad?! They sure seemed like that to me when Frank went back to the new camp and I didn't really see that coming. What were they talking about with the statue?! I thought they were on the Hydra Island and the toed statue thing was on the main island. That part confused me a little bit. :confused:

Loved the Ben and Locke interactions. Those two actors are simply awesome. :D

durl
04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
- I liked seeing Ben panic. Locke may not understand everything, but he seems as though he knows what do do. And I really doubted that Ben wanted to come back to the Island to be judged. I think he knows Locke is special (and aware of stuff that Ben can't pick up on) and is trying to act like he knows what he's doing.

- See the vents in the temple...interesting. Now I need to research all those symbols.

- I got the impression that the Ajira passengers were suffering from the same "sickness" as Rousseau's team. They were acting very strange.

- And who brought all the weapons on board a jet?

Yachtzee
04-09-2009, 02:01 PM
- I liked seeing Ben panic. Locke may not understand everything, but he seems as though he knows what do do. And I really doubted that Ben wanted to come back to the Island to be judged. I think he knows Locke is special (and aware of stuff that Ben can't pick up on) and is trying to act like he knows what he's doing.

- See the vents in the temple...interesting. Now I need to research all those symbols.

- I got the impression that the Ajira passengers were suffering from the same "sickness" as Rousseau's team. They were acting very strange.

- And who brought all the weapons on board a jet?

I have to wonder if some of the folks on the plane were put there by Charles Widmore. I don't think they're suffering from the "sickness." Rousseau's team only started to behave oddly after they went into/under the temple after their friend who was dragged there by smokey. There's nothing to indicate a similar incident occurring with the Ajirans.

LoganBuck
04-09-2009, 02:14 PM
What is in the box?

durl
04-09-2009, 02:40 PM
What is in the box?

Locke's coffin? :eek:

Yachtzee
04-09-2009, 02:47 PM
What is in the box?

The Lost Ark? :)

WVPacman
04-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Just wondering has Locke,ever been shown on tv when the Smoke monster comes? :D

MWM
04-10-2009, 01:32 AM

I want to say he was there when Mr. Ecco was killed by the monster, but I don't remember for sure.

Donder
04-10-2009, 07:00 AM

The smoke monster grabbed and dragged (drug?) Locke in the Season 1 finale.

HeatherC1212
04-10-2009, 08:33 AM
I want to say he was there when Mr. Ecco was killed by the monster, but I don't remember for sure.

I don't remember if he was actually there or if he's just the one who found Mr. Eko's body after everything was all ready over. He did get attacked by the monster is season one though so they have been seen together in the past.

Yachtzee
04-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Yep. In fact, didn't Locke look directly at the smoke monster in the first season. He said something like "I've looked into the eye of the island and it was beautiful." I think that's what started him talking about what the island "wants."

MrCinatit
04-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Ben has very easily become not only the most interesting character on the show (at least for me), but one of the most fascinating characters in television history. Seriously.
There are so many levels to the guy that, it seems once we have him figured out, he throws us another curve. The scene with him at the dock was a head turner.

savafan
04-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Whatever happened to Rose and Bernard?

HeatherC1212
04-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Whatever happened to Rose and Bernard?

We don't know. They disappeared in the first or second episode during the flaming arrow incident on the beach and we haven't seen them or any of the other plane survivors (besides the islanders in Dharmaville) for a while. I don't think Sawyer and the other islanders have ever found them. I really hope they answer that question at some point. :(

Root Down
04-11-2009, 10:56 PM
We don't know. They disappeared in the first or second episode during the flaming arrow incident on the beach and we haven't seen them or any of the other plane survivors (besides the islanders in Dharmaville) for a while. I don't think Sawyer and the other islanders have ever found them. I really hope they answer that question at some point. :(

I'm sure they will, they've got to save some things to reveal at a later date to keep us entertained. I think they have written in a lot of these open ended issues with full intentions of coming back to them later.

Tony Cloninger
04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
While watching the first season again....i forgot how many survivors there actually were.

Being a SAG member....that would have been a great gig. A role player with maybe a line here or there...but mainly just hanging out and soaking up some sun while getting paid decent money and being fed all day. :D

Did all those people get rescued? Where they on the exploding freighter?

I remember someone writing during that first season....that when the Losties met up with the Others on those boats and they asked for Walt....that those Others were actually the Losties from the past or the future?

Anyone recall this?

redsmetz
04-12-2009, 09:19 PM

My daughter has read some suggestions that Rose & Bernard may be the skeletons found in a cave in one of the earlier seasons - that they jumped in time with the others but end up dying back in that time. Same question for Clare. Where on earth is she? And Faraday, who we know was in Dharmaville, but hasn't been seen in eons.

marcshoe
04-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Final episode: All is solved. All major player are either rescued or dead. Final shot, the island, the legendary floating island of Egyptian myth, is now floating on air, through the clouds. The camera zooms in to show Rose and Barnard, not seen in years, relaxing on their beach.

HeatherC1212
04-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Did all those people get rescued? Where they on the exploding freighter?

I remember someone writing during that first season....that when the Losties met up with the Others on those boats and they asked for Walt....that those Others were actually the Losties from the past or the future?

Anyone recall this?

We don't know what happened to the ones who were left on the beach with Sawyer et al. at the start of the season but several of them have died for various reasons or been kidnapped by the Others and have been living with them (that was mainly the Tailies though I think). I'm sure a lot of them were killed during the flaming arrow incident from the season five premiere earlier this year.

I don't remember anything like that but the one guy who had a big beard in that episode turned out to be Tom Friendly, an Other who met Jack, Kate, and Sawyer when the Others held them prisoner on the Hydra Island. That tells me that the other boat was filled with current Others and not the Losties from another time period. Sawyer killed Tom at the end of season three when he, Juliet, and Hurley came back to the beach camp to rescue Jin, Sayid, and Bernard. He said to Tom after he shot him, "That's for taking the kid off the raft".

Tony Cloninger
04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks for catching me up on those things. I now recall that shooting and the nice quip from Sawyer.

It used to be easier to just have people disappear from shows without any explanation but you can no longer pull a Happy Days on people.....they analyze these shows up and down and nothing gets by them. Fans even know what happens to non-essential characters or expect some sort of explanation.

durl
04-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Lostpedia is your friend. TONS of information on the mysteries of the Island along with details on characters (including minor ones) and episode information.

www.lostpedia.com

klw
04-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Final episode: All is solved. All major player are either rescued or dead. Final shot, the island, the legendary floating island of Egyptian myth, is now floating on air, through the clouds. The camera zooms in to show Rose and Barnard, not seen in years, relaxing on their beach.

No the final shot will have Bob Newhart in bed with Suzanne Pleshette. He will wake up and say I had the wierdest dream.

HeatherC1212
04-14-2009, 12:50 AM
I second the recommendation to check out Lostpedia. There's a ton of information there to help you catch up on things from the past. I can sit and read that for hours which I have done when I've been really confused about something. :)

Blimpie
04-14-2009, 07:24 AM
I have decided that I could either visit Lostpedia...or....I could continue to have gainful employment.

redsmetz
04-14-2009, 09:42 AM
My wife and I rewatched last week's episode online. I'm anxious to see how the story progresses. I was looking at the entry for next week's episode and my wife noticed that credit was given for an actor playing "young Miles," so we're guessing that we find out about Miles being on the island prior to him coming back again. We already know that Charlotte was there and I think that's the last we've seen of Daniel on the show is when they encountered her in Dharma, but I could be wrong about that.

HeatherC1212
04-14-2009, 09:57 AM
My wife and I rewatched last week's episode online. I'm anxious to see how the story progresses. I was looking at the entry for next week's episode and my wife noticed that credit was given for an actor playing "young Miles," so we're guessing that we find out about Miles being on the island prior to him coming back again. We already know that Charlotte was there and I think that's the last we've seen of Daniel on the show is when they encountered her in Dharma, but I could be wrong about that.

This week is definitely a Miles-centric episode and yes, the last time we saw Daniel Faraday was when the islanders first encountered the Dharmaville folks. I think there's a Faraday-centric episode at some point this season but I don't know which week they're airing that one.

BTW-I think this week is the last new episode before the second week long 'break' that ABC is throwing at us so hopefully it's a reallly good episode tomorrow. :)

redsmetz
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Whoa! What an ending! My son's girlfriend thinks this is Miles' first time on the island, but our son, me and my wife think it's the Miles that was bouncing around in time who left the island and has come back. How else would he know Miles?

Interesting seeing Miles getting hired by Naomi and the guy who grabbed him in the van is from last week's episode when the lady bounty hunter asked what lies in the shadow of the statue. So that means there were these folks opposing Widmore on the Ajira flight.

Deeper and deeper.

HeatherC1212
04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Whoa! What an ending! My son's girlfriend thinks this is Miles' first time on the island, but our son, me and my wife think it's the Miles that was bouncing around in time who left the island and has come back. How else would he know Miles?

Interesting seeing Miles getting hired by Naomi and the guy who grabbed him in the van is from last week's episode when the lady bounty hunter asked what lies in the shadow of the statue. So that means there were these folks opposing Widmore on the Ajira flight.

Deeper and deeper.

I think it's pretty clear that Miles left the island with his mom at some point when he was younger and came back with the freighter folks when they all arrived in season four. This is definitely not his first time on the island IMO. You have to love how he found out his parents were on the island: "Three days after we arrived here, I was standing in line at the cafeteria and my mom got in line behind me." :laugh:

I didn't realize that initially but someone on another board pointed it out to me and it's definitely piqued my curiosity. Interesting. Now I wonder if the island hadn't time jumped with Ben turning that donkey wheel in the first place (and Locke turning it back), would Miles and the other Losties have come into the time when the other plane crashed and met up with these bad guys? That scene was well before Miles even went to the island and yet there are those guys asking that same question we heard Ilana ask just last week (which is over three years later in Lost time). Now I'm very curious about things because it seems like something has been in the works for the island for a longer time than we realized and it's not just for the folks in Dharmaville. I have no idea if this paragraph makes any sense but it sure seems like things are happening in a way that it's been set up for a long time. Does anyone else get the feeling that these two time periods are going to totally collide somehow by the end of this season? :eek:

BTW-Hurley owned this episode tonight. He was a riot trying to get Miles to talk to his dad in the van and I loved his comment at the end, "The Ewoks sucked dude", LOL :laugh:

redsmetz
04-16-2009, 03:54 AM
I think it's pretty clear that Miles left the island with his mom at some point when he was younger and came back with the freighter folks when they all arrived in season four. This is definitely not his first time on the island IMO. You have to love how he found out his parents were on the island: "Three days after we arrived here, I was standing in line at the cafeteria and my mom got in line behind me." :laugh:

I'm sorry, I meant to say Daniel, not Miles.

HeatherC1212
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm sorry, I meant to say Daniel, not Miles.

Ahh, that makes more sense and I agree with you. I think Daniel left the island when they landed in Dharmaville and he started working on some things with them and has now returned to the island for some reason. I'm curious what he's been up to and how long he's been gone.

durl
04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Daniel coming from Ann Arbor REALLY surprised me. (I thought we may finally meet the DeGroots.) There may be a simple explanation, such as Farraday went to Ann Arbor a couple years prior and is returning, but I still didn't expect to see him climb out of the sub.

redsmetz
04-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Ahh, that makes more sense and I agree with you. I think Daniel left the island when they landed in Dharmaville and he started working on some things with them and has now returned to the island for some reason. I'm curious what he's been up to and how long he's been gone.

Strictly a guess on my part, but I think he's been working on a solution to getting them out of Dharmaville and back in their own time.

I'm not a student of science fiction, but it's interesting to me that some science fiction writers held a principle that you couldn't be in the same time more than once, that it created a paradox. I remember an old time radio show on WVXU that essentially had a guy who tried it exploding inside the time traveling machine. Of course, Lost doesn't hold that principle (nor did Back to the Future), although Miles is the first time, I think, where one of the folks actually encountered themselves (Hurley, you could change your own diaper, dude).

I'm interested in reading a bit more about Ann Arbor.

marcshoe
04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Waiting for the revelation that in the years before the survivors arrived, Ben was traveling the world under the alias Thom Yorke.

Root Down
04-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I was a little bummed by tonight's episode. I didn't know it wasn't going to be a catch up night.

HeatherC1212
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I was a little bummed by tonight's episode. I didn't know it wasn't going to be a catch up night.

Oops, I knew it was a clip show tonight and I could have warned you but I didn't even think to post here. :eek: I'm sorry about not mentioning it and if it helps at all, there aren't any more breaks for the rest of the season so we should see the last few shows of the year right in a row. :)

Root Down
04-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Oops, I knew it was a clip show tonight and I could have warned you but I didn't even think to post here. :eek: I'm sorry about not mentioning it and if it helps at all, there aren't any more breaks for the rest of the season so we should see the last few shows of the year right in a row. :)

No problem at all ;) I always forget key things with these 2 week breaks. It is a big help to know there are no breaks for the rest of the way, thank you!

HeatherC1212
04-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Bumping this up because Lost is new tonight. :) I can't wait to see this episode and I may try to watch The Constant from season four again before the show starts tonight because I hear this one is supposed to be a companion episode to that one. It should be a good one later tonight! :D

Donder
04-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Daniel-centric episodes are about as good as they get. And having to wait an extra week should make the one more enjoyable yet.

Only two more weeks after tonight, right?

Reds Fanatic
04-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Daniel-centric episodes are about as good as they get. And having to wait an extra week should make the one more enjoyable yet.

Only two more weeks after tonight, right?

Yes that is right. The finale on 5/13 is 2 hours.

MWM
04-29-2009, 08:54 PM
OK, so my friend said that tonight's episode is a "DOOZY". This is the first time he's ever said anything pre-episode, so I'm intrigued.

HeatherC1212
04-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi, my name is Heather and thanks to Lost tonight, my brain is now broken. :laugh:

HotCorner
04-29-2009, 10:51 PM

:D

Yes. I'm quoting myself.

HotCorner
04-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi, my name is Heather and thanks to Lost tonight, my brain is now broken. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great episode again. This show is really picking up steam!

Reds Fanatic
04-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Fantastic episode tonight.

LoganBuck
04-29-2009, 11:24 PM
I told my wife that someone was going to die tonight, as soon as Daniel said that they could die. Didn't see that one coming though.

Wow, what a show. Next year at this time, we will be coming to the exciting conclusion, and then it will be over. I dread that time already.

Did I see Ben sitting in the Temple when Jack surfaces in the preview for next week?

HeatherC1212
04-29-2009, 11:47 PM
:D

Yes. I'm quoting myself.

Some of us all ready knew that Ellie = Eloise because we're that good with digging deeper into the show, but I'll stop with that stuff now and just say good job to you for figuring it out, LOL ;) I didn't know Charles would end up being Daniel's father though! That did throw me for a loop. :eek:

I'm not looking forward to the end of this show either. No other show on television makes me think or breaks my brain as much as Lost does and I am really going to miss that when it's gone. I gotta start saving money so I can buy the complete series on DVD next summer. :D

BuckeyeRed27
04-30-2009, 01:16 AM
So I think the "incident" may be Jack blowing up Jughead.

redsmetz
04-30-2009, 05:41 AM
So I think the "incident" may be Jack blowing up Jughead.

I'm not sure about that because Daniel said that he was going to prevent the incident by setting off an atom bomb. I think that's what he said.

What an episode. Chock full of new info. While watching last night, I had called Widmore being his father. It occurred to me when we saw the actress playing his mother young and I commented she looked remarkably like Penelope, but my wife doubts that Ellie might also be Penny's mom. She may well be right and she cited the comment from Ben when banishing Charles from the island that he'd had a child with someone off the island.

Daniels seems to have set forward moving folks like Miles and his mother and Charlotte and her's off the island, as he said he intended. Whether he emphasized strongly enough to Charlotte NOT to return to the island, we'll have to see.

Looks like our Cincinnati area actor lives to see another day too. Is he that high strung in real life? :)

I can't get my mind around what undoing everything will look like. Charlie still alive and Michael, etc. In the preview for next week, John said something that struck me as significant, but I can't recall what it was now, so I'll have to rewatch it.

Some episode, not as good as The Constant, which my wife and I watched before last night's show (thanks for the head's up, Heather!). I know I'm forgetting some things because the show was just brimming with details.

(Oh yes, one aside. My wife completely called two lines of dialogue from Widmore when he came to see Daniel. "What would you say if I told you they could be saved" and whatever the next line was too.)

MWM
04-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Looks like our Cincinnati area actor lives to see another day too. Is he that high strung in real life? :)

If you recall, he survives the whole thing because he's the guy who wind sup in the Hatch with Desmond hitting the number every 108 minutes.

HotCorner
04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm not looking forward to the end of this show either. No other show on television makes me think or breaks my brain as much as Lost does and I am really going to miss that when it's gone. I gotta start saving money so I can buy the complete series on DVD next summer. :D

I couldn't agree more Heather. I'm going to feel "lost" when it's gone. :D

Phil in BG
04-30-2009, 10:28 AM

Which actor is from the Cincy area? Sorry if I've missed it.

Oh, I see now. It's Stuart.

HotCorner
04-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Best line of the night ...

"Welcome to the meeting, twitchy." - Sawyer to Daniel Faraday

Phil in BG
04-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Best line of the night ...

"Welcome to the meeting, twitchy." - Sawyer to Daniel Faraday

Calling him H.G. Wells was pretty good.

durl
04-30-2009, 11:33 AM
So Eloise tells young piano-playing Daniel to go into science, knowing that his science is what caused her to shoot (and presumably kill...) Daniel in 1977. It's almost like Daniel was more of a means to an end than her child. But then we get into the whole cause/effect of time travel and my head begins to hurt.

I was wondering if the local actor playing Radzinsky was that high-strung, as well. I told my wife last night that Rad sure has an itchy trigger finger and enjoys throwing his weight around. But we know his ending...

I wondered why the producers emphasized the WIRED magazine on Daniel's sofa. It mentioned invisibility, time travel, and invulnerability. We've seen time travel on the Island and presumed invulnerability (Locke?), but could invisibility be component of the "whispers" heard on the Island?

BuckeyeRed27
04-30-2009, 12:34 PM
So Eloise tells young piano-playing Daniel to go into science, knowing that his science is what caused her to shoot (and presumably kill...) Daniel in 1977. It's almost like Daniel was more of a means to an end than her child. But then we get into the whole cause/effect of time travel and my head begins to hurt.

I was wondering if the local actor playing Radzinsky was that high-strung, as well. I told my wife last night that Rad sure has an itchy trigger finger and enjoys throwing his weight around. But we know his ending...

I wondered why the producers emphasized the WIRED magazine on Daniel's sofa. It mentioned invisibility, time travel, and invulnerability. We've seen time travel on the Island and presumed invulnerability (Locke?), but could invisibility be component of the "whispers" heard on the Island?

Daniel's work must have something to do with the island. His sacrifice was always neccessary for I'm guessing a yet to be known reason.

I suppose it could fall into the "Whatever happened, happened" as well and Eloise was just making sure that Daniel was where he was supposed to be.

HeatherC1212
04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
EW Lost Recap (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550612_20245769_20275722,00.html) if you'd like your mind bent a few different directions ;)

BuckeyeRed27
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
EW Lost Recap (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550612_20245769_20275722,00.html) if you'd like your mind bent a few different directions ;)

Cool tidbit on the Wired magazine, but I disagree with the changing the past.

I think the only person that can do that is Desmond. Everything that Jack and Co are about to do is just going to make the future happen just the way it was supposed to unless Desmond gets involved in some way.

Fereday dying is proof that whatever happened happened.

HotCorner
04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Wired Magazine ...

http://lost.cubit.net/assets_c/2009/04/5x14_wired-thumb-470x264-2547.jpg (http://lost.cubit.net/assets_c/2009/04/5x14_wired-2547.php)

Click to enlarge.

Yachtzee
04-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Daniel may have died, but his work in the form of his notebook provides input for the other "variables" to alter the results of the "equation." Eloise Hawking always seemed to be most concerned about the work Daniel was supposed to do. Maybe she sent him back to the island even though she knew her younger self would kill him because she knew it was necessary for him to complete his work.

I'm beginning to think that Radzinsky is so crazy and high strung because he's the only one other than Daniel Faraday who understands the potential dangers of the work they're doing with the Orchid and the Swan.

Daniel Faraday may have picked up an American accent from a step-father, maybe the person from whom he obained the Faraday name.

Radzinsky never meets up with Desmond, but rather operates the Swan with Kelvin. Radzinksy is gone by the time Desmond arrives. I do like the notion that it will be Desmond that is the one who somehow finds the solution that sets everything right with the Losties and the Island.