PDA

View Full Version : 24 fans?

timothy1
01-20-2009, 07:09 AM
I remember seeing a thread before the lost information chaos about the show and I was unable to find the thread afterwards... spolers alert btw...

but what about that episode last night?!! (January 19th, 2008) I seen in some previews of Renee Walker that she gets out of that trench just would like to see how she does it... or Jack going back to get her out...

LoganBuck
01-20-2009, 07:52 AM
The thread was lost. Can we get a moderator to rename this one "New season of 24"?

Agent Freckles is in a bind isn't she? Did you notice that the closing clock had the sound of her gasping for air?

I suspect the guy from the AG's office is dirty, and just sucks at being bad.

My guess is that the blond computer girl is the leak in the FBI. She is sleeping with Computer Dork to gain more access.

I have a feeling that Agent Backstreet won't survive the next episode.

So far Jack only has credit for .5 kills on the season.

Raisor
01-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Latest episode was great.

Thought Jack had really killed Agent Freckles there for a second.

RedsManRick
01-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Latest episode was great.

Thought Jack had really killed Agent Freckles there for a second.

Well, I'm curious how exactly she's breathing in there...

klw
01-20-2009, 09:20 AM

Air pocket under the plastic tarp. They will spread the soil over her to cover her enough but not make it too thick.

MWM
01-20-2009, 09:22 AM
My guess is that the blond computer girl is the leak in the FBI. She is sleeping with Computer Dork to gain more access.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. They don't believe in subtelty do they?

The season has been decent so far. It has pretty much all the same elements of just about every other season, but with different names and setting. But I'll watch because it's a fun format for the most part and Lost is about the only other show I watch, so I need some TV to watch. I just hope this season doesn't go the way of the last. Season 6 was collosal waste of time, IMO.

Raisor
01-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Jack, being a radioactive vampire, infected her.

She is now undead like Jack.

klw
01-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Jack, being a radioactive vampire, infected her.

She is now undead like Jack.

Well looking back over the series, this explains quite a bit. Oh wait this can't be true because Jack was out in the sunlight when he shot her.

LoganBuck
01-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Well looking back over the series, this explains quite a bit. Oh wait this can't be true because Jack was out in the sunlight when he shot her.

She must be a Daywalker! Not a Ginger.

TheBigLebowski
01-21-2009, 12:04 PM
She definitely gets out. I don't know how, but she does.

I did find it interesting that they gave her the silent clock, however.

LoganBuck
01-21-2009, 01:43 PM

It wasn't the silent clock though, it was the gasping clock.

Roy Tucker
01-21-2009, 01:47 PM

Hmmm. I didn't notice that. Usually the silent clock is a big deal.

I had always figured Tony would be back since he didn't get the silent clock when he "died".

LoganBuck
01-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Does anyone with a Sprint phone know what is going on in those "Sneak Peeks"?

Razor Shines
01-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Does anyone with a Sprint phone know what is going on in those "Sneak Peeks"?

I texted that number after the show, but it came back to me saying that it was "an invalid short code". It's possible I put the wrong number in, I don't know what it was supposed to be if I was wrong.

Raisor
01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Wasn't the silent clock for the first dude?

I really can't wait for Jack to shoot Agent Backstreet right in the face.

savafan
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I had always figured Tony would be back since he didn't get the silent clock when he "died".

Does this mean that Edgar Stiles could be back as well?

Razor Shines
01-21-2009, 05:59 PM

Ok, I must be missing something. Who is agent backstreet?

Raisor
01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, I must be missing something. Who is agent backstreet?

The 15 year old Secret Service agent that (assumingly) whacked the First Dude.

LoganBuck
01-22-2009, 12:07 AM

My guess is that Backstreet slips in the spilled drink and stabs himself in the face.

Does this mean that Edgar Stiles could be back as well?
Edgar did get the silent clock. It is assumed that he died, you know with him convulsing, and foaming at the mouth from nerve gas......

Tony did not get the silent clock. It was quickly picked up on that he might not be dead.

Freckles is heard gasping during the clock. Therefore it is not a silent clock.

Roy Tucker
01-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Everything you wanted to know about 24's silent clock.

http://24.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_clock

Raisor
01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Pretty good episode this week. Next week looks to be a big one.

LoganBuck
01-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Pretty good episode this week. Next week looks to be a big one.

Good episode tonight. Dobaku is going to be in a world of hurt.

OldRightHander
01-26-2009, 11:19 PM
My guess is that Backstreet slips in the spilled drink and stabs himself in the face.

I rather like the way he went out. I could see it coming, but it was still kind of satisfying.

goreds2
01-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Shoot! I forgot to DVR this last night. :(

OldRightHander
01-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Shoot! I forgot to DVR this last night. :(

I did, and I recorded it straight to a disc. You can also catch it at Fox on demand. They put the episodes up the next day.

Raisor
01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
I did, and I recorded it straight to a disc. You can also catch it at Fox on demand. They put the episodes up the next day.

hulu.com too

LoganBuck
01-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Ok so I was thinking about this a little.

President Taylor is most likely from the same party as Charles Logan? Is there any secret that suddenly the corruption is coming from the same party? Is there any significance to that at all?

The way I see it.

The Party of Logan
Taylor (elected)
Gardner (VP ascension)
Logan (VP ascension)
Keeler (elected)

The Party of Palmer
Daniels (VP ascension)
Wayne Palmer (elected)
David Palmer (elected)

BTW how is team Good Guys getting funding?

Roy Tucker
02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
I've been to Kidron OH.

LoganBuck
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I've been to Kidron OH.

The Livestock Auction, and the Amish, would have been really ticked if that had gone off. At least the Amish would be inwardly ticked.

Next weeks episode looks really good. This week was ok, but it was more of a table setter.

Unassisted
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I've been to Kidron OH.That town could have been just about anywhere in the Continental US, so every time I heard Kidron mentioned, I kept wondering which producer or writer had either an affinity for or a dislike for Kidron. Considering how things turned out, my money's on affinity. ;)

The other thing I wondered was how in the world the President knew off the top of her head that the population of Kidron was 30,000! My son's guess was that she had campaigned there, since Ohio's a swing state. :D

timothy1
02-03-2009, 04:13 PM
The other thing I wondered was how in the world the President knew off the top of her head that the population of Kidron was 30,000! My son's guess was that she had campaigned there, since Ohio's a swing state. :D

That was my guess as well. Like she studied each town and city that she campaigned in and now it's all in her head that she can just remember at will...

Good episode last night. Can't wait... Jack Bauer in the Oval office?

OldRightHander
02-03-2009, 07:37 PM
That was my guess as well. Like she studied each town and city that she campaigned in and now it's all in her head that she can just remember at will...

Good episode last night. Can't wait... Jack Bauer in the Oval office?

I think that big screen she was looking at had the town's information on it.

LoganBuck
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Heads up, President Obama is giving a speech or news conference Monday at 8pm. Adjust DVRs accordingly.

klw
02-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Nice episode monday. Looks like the plot lines will be progressing constantly this season.

BuckeyeRed27
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah I'm loving this season. Jack Bauer in the Oval Office...awesome!

"With all due respect...ask around."

HotCorner
02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
"With all due respect...ask around."

Great quote.

MWM
02-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda digging this season. Sure, I was hoping for something new and different while keeping the overall real time format. And this season basically has all the same elements that just about every other season has had, but it's been enjoyable thus far. I hope it doesn't turn south in the last half like some of the other seasons have.

klw
02-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Sure, I was hoping for something new and different while keeping the overall real time format. .

Next season in a special cross network crossover, Jack Bauer joins the cast of "The Office." "Dwight put down the stapler and move away from the copier!"

Roy Tucker
02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I can't wait till these 2 join forces...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/16/arts/television/16twen.html

Deep Inside the Grim ‘24,’ Two Comics’ Inside Joke
By DAVE ITZKOFF
Published: February 15, 2009

In most offices, having even one sarcastic, socially artless computer expert is barely tolerable. But on “24,” the Fox action serial, the collision of two acerbic, tech-savvy employees played by Janeane Garofalo and Mary Lynn Rajskub is a welcome development for viewers.

Monday night’s episode of “24” features the pairing up of sorts between Chloe O’Brian (Ms. Rajskub), the computer hacker who has long helped guide the hero Jack Bauer through his life-or-death adventures, and Janis Gold (Ms. Garofalo), an F.B.I. agent deeply suspicious of her new office mate Chloe.

It is a rivalry meant to leaven the often-grim, high-pressure thriller with humor. And it’s an inside joke for Ms. Rajskub and Ms. Garofalo, longtime pals whose careers often intersect.

“It was just a weird mixture of my goofy buddy and then, like, ‘Oh, God, it’s Jack Bauer,’ ” Ms. Rajskub said of the pairing in a telephone interview. “It’s so intense that it’s kind of crazy.”

When Ms. Rajskub (pronounced RICE-cub), a comedian and actor, joined the counterterrorism team of “24” in its third season, her character was designed to provide support to Bauer by hacking computers and providing him with escape routes. She also offered assistance to viewers by delivering crucial exposition as well as comic relief, often as a result of her tendency to say exactly what’s on her mind, no matter the situation. (Introduced to the F.B.I.’s computer system in Monday’s episode, Chloe tells an agent, “Whoever set your network up that way didn’t know what they were doing.” The agent sheepishly responds, “I set our network up that way.”)

Howard Gordon, an executive producer of “24,” said: “Chloe was the slightly out-of-sync person who was strangely competent but lacked certain social cues. She had a really unique charm that could be set against the deadpan urgency of the show.”

The plan for Season 7, Mr. Gordon said, was to discredit Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) and his team, forcing them to work alongside their counterparts at the F.B.I. “It would be interesting to see someone who was like Mary Lynn in many ways, and who did the same thing as Chloe,” Mr. Gordon said. “What would happen if two competing and complementary characters were doing the same job?”

But when she was asked to join “24” in 2007, Ms. Garofalo, a former “West Wing” star and an unabashed liberal, had misgivings about the conservative politics of the series’s co-creator Joel Surnow as well as the show’s seemingly cavalier depictions of torture.

Nonetheless, Ms. Garofalo said in an interview, “being unemployed and being flattered that someone wanted to work with me outweighed my stance.” (Mr. Surnow left the show in 2008, though its trademark gunpoint interrogations have remained.)

Ms. Garofalo had an added incentive: she would be working with Ms. Rajskub, whom she has known from the standup comedy world for more than 15 years. The two often performed standup together (Ms. Garofalo said they shared equal billing; Ms. Rajskub said Ms. Garofalo was the headliner) and briefly overlapped on the HBO series “The Larry Sanders Show,” on which Ms. Rajskub became the fictional talk show’s talent booker when Ms. Garofalo’s character left that job.

At the time, Ms. Rajskub said, she was intimidated by Ms. Garofalo’s popularity and her performance style. “She’s very well read, very verbal, very outspoken,” Ms. Rajskub said. “I’m none of those things.” Her own comedy, she said, comes “from my insecurities, being uncomfortable and unsure what I’m going to say, and being swept along with things.”

On “24” that mixture of technical proficiency and social awkwardness has made Chloe one of the show’s most popular characters. (Ms. Rajskub resisted the idea that male viewers might be attracted to a computer geek with a willful attitude. “Are you asking me to dominate you?” she asked a reporter.)

When Ms. Garofalo joined the series, it was her turn to be Ms. Rajskub’s apprentice; Ms. Garofalo’s challenge, she said, was to create a character that was not only distinct from Chloe, but that would not be pigeonholed as one more irascible female sidekick.

She decided that Agent Gold would come from a place “where anxiety and irony collide,” she said. “She’s very self-aware. Whereas Mary Lynn doesn’t quite understand what impact she’s having on people.”

But their fateful face-off was delayed — along with the “24” season — for more than a year by the writers’ strike. During that time Ms. Rajskub learned she was pregnant; she gave birth in July to a son, Valentine. (“That was a surprise to everyone,” Ms. Garofalo said. “Probably her boyfriend most of all.”)

With the new season now under way, Ms. Rajskub and Ms. Garofalo said their alter egos would eventually develop a reluctant respect for each other as they search for a mole in the F.B.I.’s ranks.

“I don’t want to work with her,” Ms. Rajskub said of Ms. Garofalo’s character, “and I think everybody’s stupid and I’m better than everybody. You know, the usual, and I’m pretty much right.”

Playing ornery friends is not much of a stretch, Ms. Garofalo said; the real difficulty is pretending that the world’s fate rests in their hands.

“It’s hard to do dialogue like that, especially with someone you know in your social life, because the stakes are so ridiculous,” Ms. Garofalo said. “It’s very hard not to start laughing. Or I guess I should say, it’s very hard not to start laughing if you’re as immature as I am. ”

freestyle55
02-17-2009, 08:23 AM
She's the anti-Chloe...

LoganBuck
02-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Good episode last night. Agent Freckles, needs to leave Jack alone. I get sick of her whining. The episode ties up things a little too neatly, and we know something is coming. Jack is sitting there taking in the sunset on the mall, looking at the Washington monument, and here comes Tony! Jack there is going to be another attack, I need your help. I don't know what the target will be but it will be "High Value".

Ominous, Ominous, Ominous

So then in the previews for next week, we see a raging gun battle, IN the White House

freestyle55
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
2 hours next week too...gets us to the mid-point of the season I think...

I like Jack's lines more and more this season...

Agent Walker: "What if I don't want to get used to it?"
Jack: "then quit"

Next week looks very good! Still waiting to see Jon Voight pop back up as well...

klw
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Well that was a dull two hours. How about some action guys?;)

I am little surprised that Jack opened the door to the Lock-down. I thought he was just going to knock the President out so she couldn't watch.

Roy Tucker
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Who knew it was so easy to break into the White House and then to hold it?

I don't want anything bad to happen to Bill Buchanan or Aaron Pierce. I am fully vested in those guys. Carve away on the Prez's daughter for all I care. But I got a feeling not everyone is going make it out of the WH.

Jack seems to have taken ruthlessness to new heights this year.

Unassisted
03-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I am little surprised that Jack opened the door to the Lock-down. I thought he was just going to knock the President out so she couldn't watch.
I was more surprised that he was able to open the lockdown at all. Not many electronic devices can be restored to working order after receiving a random dose of 110V across their inner workings.

joshnky
03-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Who knew it was so easy to break into the White House and then to hold it?

I don't want anything bad to happen to Bill Buchanan or Aaron Pierce. I am fully vested in those guys. Carve away on the Prez's daughter for all I care. But I got a feeling not everyone is going make it out of the WH.

Jack seems to have taken ruthlessness to new heights this year.

There was a lot in this episode that was a stretch to believe but fans of this show haven't let this bother them before. The previews of next weeks episode make me think that something bad will happen to Bill Buchanan. Jack seemed pretty upset at the end. However, this show usually tries to mislead with previews so you never know. So far so good on this season. Much better than last year.

LoganBuck
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I watched the preview for next week on the DVR, frame by frame, looks pretty grim for Bill, or should I say Bill's horrible stand in mannequin.

What the heck is Jon Voight bringing in on a boat? I get nervous when I hear about Jon Voight and boats.

LoganBuck
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
One thing that just struck me. Where the heck, did the Marines go that had been stationed in the White House? They broke in on Jack, put him in custody, and then suddenly, poof, gone!

RFS62
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I like all the moral dilemmas with torture they've played up this year. But after years of groaning every time the bad guys broke into CTU with a box cutter and pair of pliers, I really winced when I saw how easy it is to bust into the White House.

I'm thinking we're about to see the flip side of the torture issue....how do we feel about it when it happens to one of us?

Roy Tucker
03-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I was still scratching my head as to how you scuba dive into the basement at 1600 Pensylvania Ave. It's a good hike from the Potomac. But OK, I'll suspend my disbelief.

They do seem to be contrasting the torture more this year. Jack has elevated his normal red-hot-poker-in-the-eyeball technique but everyone else is ixnay on torturing.

BCubb2003
03-03-2009, 08:44 PM
They probably saw "Murder at 1600" and remembered the secret watery tunnels Wesley Snipes and Diane Lane used to break into the White House.

MWM
03-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Lame. I was really liking this season until this week. I was thinking that maybe the long layoff helped them learn from past mistakes. But my hopes were dashed.

LoganBuck
03-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Sprint should have made sure that Agent Freckles was using a waterproof phone. Instead the White House was attacked because the FBI Field Agent got her phone wet. Nice tie in with the sponsor.

HotCorner
03-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Sprint should have made sure that Agent Freckles was using a waterproof phone. Instead the White House was attacked because the FBI Field Agent got her phone wet. Nice tie in with the sponsor.

Yeah she wasn't using the Jack Bauer series. You know - endless battery life, unlimited range (even under trash trucks), etc ... :D

Unassisted
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Sprint should have made sure that Agent Freckles was using a waterproof phone. Instead the White House was attacked because the FBI Field Agent got her phone wet. Nice tie in with the sponsor.The phone's just another symbol of this season's theme, which is that the FBI can't possibly be as effective as CTU was. :D

Roy Tucker
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
That was a pretty pathetic death leap that Agent Freckles made to the back of the boat. I don't she'll be in long jump any time soon.

My daughter made the comment "boy, they'd be in real trouble if their cell phone batteries ran out like what happens to real people".

Janis and Chloe exchanged some major league skunk eyes. It was like the gamesmanship that goes on at a middle school math competition.

nate
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
In defense of the phone thing, this is all taking place in a single day. I know I don't have to charge my phone but every couple of days.

Unassisted
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Janis and Chloe exchanged some major league skunk eyes. It was like the gamesmanship that goes on at a middle school math competition.
I read somewhere that the two actresses are good friends in real life. Years ago, they were struggling comedians who often played the same comedy clubs.

I told my son about this and he found it hard to believe that Mary Lynn Rajskub was ever a comedian. :D

smith288
03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I like all the moral dilemmas with torture they've played up this year. But after years of groaning every time the bad guys broke into CTU with a box cutter and pair of pliers, I really winced when I saw how easy it is to bust into the White House.

I'm thinking we're about to see the flip side of the torture issue....how do we feel about it when it happens to one of us?

We'll see. Though I seem to think running a taser through the neck of a pip squeek co-conspirator of a terrorist plot to invade the white house doesnt seem to be flip side of torturing the daughter of a president... As Taylor said during last episode, some things arent as black and white in terms of using extreme measures.

Anyone want to punch Senator Red in the face when he yelled at Jack for opening the door?

BCubb2003
03-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but in the season finale Jack parachutes onto the island of "Lost" ... with the Harlem Globetrotters.

guttle11
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Senator Red

I think the hardest thing for me to believe this season is Red Forman as the voice of the anti-torture brigade. Red Forman would put his foot in a not nice place of every dumbass trying to invade America.

LoganBuck
03-04-2009, 11:17 PM
I read somewhere that the two actresses are good friends in real life. Years ago, they were struggling comedians who often played the same comedy clubs.

I told my son about this and he found it hard to believe that Mary Lynn Rajskub was ever a comedian. :D

MLR played the secretary at the School for the Blind in the movie "Road Trip". I just noticed that a couple months ago.

freestyle55
03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
I think the hardest thing for me to believe this season is Red Forman as the voice of the anti-torture brigade. Red Forman would put his foot in a not nice place of every dumbass trying to invade America.

Between that and Janene Garafalo working for the FBI, it is hard to believe...

smith288
03-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Between that and Janene Garafalo working for the FBI, it is hard to believe...
Yea, I cant take that slug seriously. She makes the FBI even more brooding, negative and boring than it really is. And that's saying a bunch, im sure.

Raisor
03-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Yea, I cant take that slug seriously. She makes the FBI even more brooding, negative and boring than it really is. And that's saying a bunch, im sure.

she was quite great in the last season of the West Wing. About the only thing I've ever liked her in.

marcshoe
03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
If she shows up with a bowling ball with a skull inside, be very afraid.

http://www.freewebs.com/moviemystery/bowler.jpg

freestyle55
03-09-2009, 11:30 PM
RIP Bill Buchanan...

Is it just me or does the first daughter seem a little suspicious...

nate
03-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Aw, Bill. :(

I think the chief of staff guy is shady.

Roy Tucker
03-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Bill gets the silent clock. RIP scruffy Bill. Man, I *liked* Bill. :(

(But after Tony arose from the grave, never say never - I don't know anything, just pure speculation)

At least Aaron Pierce made it out alive. What was all that about Martha?

I've always been suspicious of the Shawshank warden. But now that the first daughter turns into a barracuda, I'm not sure where that is all going.

Jon Voight sure did use up a lot of African guys. He is a particularly slimy character.

The VP is a wuss.

RFS62
03-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Weren't Aaron and Martha supposed to have been together? Seems like there was a reference about her death to cancer or something like that, IIRC.

HotCorner
03-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Bill gets the silent clock. RIP scruffy Bill. Man, I *liked* Bill. :(

(But after Tony arose from the grave, never say never - I don't know anything, just pure speculation)

Sad to see Bill go. Tony never got a silent clock when he "died".

The VP is a wuss.
I believe he ulterior motives thus for his resistence to take action. I would not be surprised if he has ties to Vought's character.

freestyle55
03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I believe he ulterior motives thus for his resistence to take action. I would not be surprised if he has ties to Vought's character.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he's just a typical politician always looking out for himself.

I can't wait to see Jack and Senator not-Red Foreman face off next week.

LoganBuck
03-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Weren't Aaron and Martha supposed to have been together? Seems like there was a reference about her death to cancer or something like that, IIRC.

My guess is that it was a reference to her trying to kill former President Logan.

Larry Moss is the guy who doesn't think that there should be free parking jackpot money when you play Monopoly. I am getting sick of him.

Matt700wlw
03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Larry Moss is the guy who doesn't think that there should be free parking jackpot money when you play Monopoly. I am getting sick of him.

He's just jealous that Jack's bad assness is getting more accomplished during the crisis than his "by the book" ways....and that he's not getting any from Agent Walker. :p:

Roy Tucker
03-10-2009, 12:25 PM

I think he's related to Duane T. Robinson from the movie "Die Hard".

Razor Shines
03-10-2009, 12:54 PM
My guess is that it was a reference to her trying to kill former President Logan.

He's playing Tony Almeda's role from the first season, by the time this thing wraps up he'll have seen the light and will be covering up for Jack's misdeeds.

smith288
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I think after all that's happened, even the MOST by the book person would probably say "do whatever the heck Jack says... that dude's a bad ass"

LoganBuck
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
What happened in the last 3 minutes? Fox 45 went off the air until the cut back to Jack finding out the weapon is in the country. How did we go from the guy shooting up the office to laying there with a screw driver stuck in his side?

GIK
03-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Jack being Jack. :) He lured him into a portable office and flipped it on its side with a bulldozer, forcing that guy out and into a battle royale!

LoganBuck
03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Jack being Jack. :) He lured him into a portable office and flipped it on its side with a bulldozer, forcing that guy out and into a battle royale!

Crap! I missed the good stuff.

RIP Senator Red.

freestyle55
03-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Several running jumps, takedowns, missed swings with a tire iron I think, and eventually a screwdriver to the gut by Jack.

Quinn also told him that the weapons are already here, and Jack took his phone and saw a port location.

Not sure where it came back in, I switched to the other Fox station after about 10 seconds....

smith288
03-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I was hoping Red was going to become a force for good in this year's series. Being the bureaucratic twit to a guy who sees the reality that Jack lives in and helps him find the connection between Starkwood and Juma....

One thought, when Red went to answer the door to let the cops in, what moron wouldn't check the peephole to see who's out there first? In most cases, Jack does the all clear before he lets anyone do something like that. Also, what's with the "NOOOOOOOOO" Jack does?

freestyle55
03-17-2009, 09:44 AM
One thought, when Red went to answer the door to let the cops in, what moron wouldn't check the peephole to see who's out there first? In most cases, Jack does the all clear before he lets anyone do something like that.

You mean you don't just automatically assume when someone says "Police!" they're the police? :D

Also, what's with the "NOOOOOOOOO" Jack does?

I'm assuming it's because he just realized that he
a) finally got the guy to listen to him and might actually help him solve the crisis,
b) realized that now he's going to lose all those documents, and
c) probably a little sliver of him though, crap, now who's going to vouch for me and show that I didn't kill Burnett and now Senator Foreman...

Roy Tucker
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Also, what's with the "NOOOOOOOOO" Jack does?

Add that to the Jack vocabulary along with:

- "Everyone, down!!!"
- "There is no time!!!" (with the emphasis on "is")
- "You can't trust anyone!!!"

freestyle55
03-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Add that to the Jack vocabulary along with:

- "Everyone, down!!!"
- "There is no time!!!" (with the emphasis on "is")
- "You can't trust anyone!!!"

Don't forget, "don't fight it" when he's putting a sleeper hold on someone...

RANDY IN INDY
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
How about, "Get outta the car!" when he is hijacking someone's vehicle.

RANDY IN INDY
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
I kept thinking that Jack might get involved with the kids smoking pot in Red's basement............ Oh, that's another show!

freestyle55
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I kept thinking that Jack might get involved with the kids smoking pot in Red's basement............ Oh, that's another show!

Shh, don't tell, but they're secretly the group that Jon Voight works for...that Fez, he's an evil genius...

Raisor
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Last night's epsisode was quite awesome. I actually didn't see the hit on Red happening.

Roy Tucker
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Last night's epsisode was quite awesome. I actually didn't see the hit on Red happening.

Actually, when the senator was walking down the hall, I thought "candygram".

Jack's 1-2 punch of screwdriver throw and 4x4 whack on Quinn certainly stopped him in his tracks. I liked the front end loader touch too. Jack uses whatever tool is handy.

Razor Shines
03-18-2009, 03:43 AM
Kill a dude by throwing a screw driver end over end into his chest from your knees, gather you intel and casually pull the screw driver from the dead guy's sternum and use it to hot wire the nearest truck. Just another day for Jack Bauer.

freestyle55
03-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Thoughts on the last episode:

You gotta wonder what kinds of things are going to happen to get Jack through this season and next season (he's under contract for it) now that he's got Mad Cow disease...

That Seaton is a sneaky, sneaky guy...didn't see him doing the double turn...but you would think the government would put some kind of provision in the immunity agreement that if the information doesn't help them, the deal is null and void...

What a shock that when Jack's not there, things go badly...

I still don't like Janis, and I'm hoping her character either turns out to be a mole or goes away relatively soon...

I hope Tony got himself an immunity agreement as well now that he's in FBI custody...

Razor Shines
03-31-2009, 03:54 PM
I think that Jack is going to save the day and then at the end of this season we will be left in limbo as to whether he lives or dies.

Unassisted
03-31-2009, 04:05 PM
I still don't like Janis, and I'm hoping her character either turns out to be a mole or goes away relatively soon...I'm figuring she'll need more help from Chloe before long. If Renee was brought back into the fold after helping Jack, Chloe should be too.

I'm betting Larry doesn't survive the confrontation with the mercenaries and Jack will be put in charge.

Roy Tucker
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
I figure we'll be left at the end of the season with Jack's fate in doubt.

I was proud of my daughter. She called the Seaton double-cross and said "nobody will be in the warehouse". I was blindsided.

I laughed when Jack was shirtless and everyone was horrified. Like Quasimodo, "I'm hideous, don't cast your eyes upon me".

Jack wears white boxers? I figured him for a commando kind of guy.

I figure Olivia is up to no good. Either her slimy journalist boyfriend will twist her arm into something nefarious or maybe she is in cahoots with Hodges. She is bad news.

I'm hoping for a major twist, but I just don't see where there is room for one. Plot seems pretty straightforward.

Puffy
03-31-2009, 06:22 PM
I had the double-cross pegged pretty early on.

gm
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah, in hindsight I think Seaton's double-cross was Hodges' idea, and they set Tony up while he was backed up against the chain-link fence. My thinking was "they can't be in this warehouse, this season has 8 more hours to go!"

(Jack can't possibly die of this malady, they're already signed up to do a season 8. Besides, Bauer is indestructible)

Moss and his 20 guys against 1500 mercenaries? Gotta love those odds. If I were them I'd take Seaton hostage, but they're "nice" FBI guys who won't think that fast

Good point re: Jack and the boxers, Roy. He never has an "accident" so who needs 'em?

Will President Taylor send in the carpet bombs? Stay tuned...

gm
03-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Here's a wild guess...maybe Jack's earlier exposure to the nerve agent (from the vial Quinn dropped in the hospital room) will somehow make him less-susceptible to the weapon's grade pathogen?

The imminent "cure" of Bauer has a "Batman's utility belt" solution written all over it

gm
03-31-2009, 07:47 PM
I figure Olivia is up to no good. Either her slimy journalist boyfriend will twist her arm into something nefarious or maybe she is in cahoots with Hodges. She is bad news.

If she's up to something, Aaron will sniff it out. She's gonna regret pulling him out of retirement

Aaron: "everytime I think I'm clear of this series...THEY PULL ME BACK IN!"

smith288
04-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Larry's a goner.

Olivia is both a political liability and bad news with her being close to the press. Nefarious if you will.

Aaron will likely have to kill her or something... I dunno.

Jack's now going to be a mutant who can learn any skill by osmosis and will be even more unstoppable after close contact to neubolo virus or whatever they called it.

freestyle55
04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm figuring she'll need more help from Chloe before long. If Renee was brought back into the fold after helping Jack, Chloe should be too.

I'm betting Larry doesn't survive the confrontation with the mercenaries and Jack will be put in charge.

I read somewhere that Chloe's out for a few episodes because the real actress was on maternity leave or something. Supposedly she'll be back later in the season, and that's why Morris was brought in for a little while...

Phil in BG
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Larry's a goner.

Olivia is both a political liability and bad news with her being close to the press. Nefarious if you will.

Aaron will likely have to kill her or something... I dunno.

Jack's now going to be a mutant who can learn any skill by osmosis and will be even more unstoppable after close contact to neubolo virus or whatever they called it.

I felt after the episode was over that Jack and Renee didn't go for a reason. Either Larry and his boys are killed or more likely Jack and Renee to the rescue. They will have to use Chloe and we're back to Jack saving the day. BTW, why does anyone question Jack's perspective? Don't they know he's always right?

freestyle55
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Here's a wild guess...maybe Jack's earlier exposure to the nerve agent (from the vial Quinn dropped in the hospital room) will somehow make him less-susceptible to the weapon's grade pathogen?

The imminent "cure" of Bauer has a "Batman's utility belt" solution written all over it

I'm also thinking that there's an antidote somewhere in Starkwood. You would think that Hodges would have had one made just in case he got it somehow, and I still have a feeling that the plan was to release this bioweapon and then pretend to be the "Knight in shining armor" with a cure and show that they do have a place in society (he was ranting about the work they did and then getting contracts pulled and subpeonas, etc.).

Phil in BG
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm also thinking that there's an antidote somewhere in Starkwood. You would think that Hodges would have had one made just in case he got it somehow, and I still have a feeling that the plan was to release this bioweapon and then pretend to be the "Knight in shining armor" with a cure and show that they do have a place in society (he was ranting about the work they did and then getting contracts pulled and subpeonas, etc.).

Very good thought. That would explain the motive for this whole escapade. It never did make sense what they were doing. Now it will be hard to save the day with the government knowing they are responsible for the bioweapon, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

LoganBuck
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I heard on the radio today that Kim Bauer will be back in the picture soon.

Elisha Cuthbert ==== Good
Elisha Cuthbert standing next to Agent Freckles ==== Really good.

Perhaps her purpose will be to provide some sort of blood or tissue donation to help Jack out?

Roy Tucker
04-01-2009, 01:47 PM

Perhaps her purpose will be to provide some sort of blood or tissue donation to help Jack out?

Just as long as the cougar doesn't return.

I do think Jack and Freckles are going to ride off in to the sunset. Larry knows he has lost to a better man.

I like the knight in shining armor scenario. That makes sense. I keep telling my daughter that all these Starkwood guys are committing high crimes and treason against the US government and I can't figure how they are going to extract themselves from it or what it is exactly they want besides being bad guys.

Matt700wlw
04-01-2009, 02:39 PM

Elisha Cuthbert in my bed = priceless

savafan
04-02-2009, 07:15 PM

She's under contract for the season finale to provide, what I understand to be, a cliffhanger plot twist.

Root Down
04-06-2009, 10:58 PM
She's under contract for the season finale to provide, what I understand to be, a cliffhanger plot twist.

She's only under contract for the finale? I would have expected to see her sooner because it looks like Jack's got limited time and the writers won't allow him to be useless for long. I guess they came up with a temporary solution to the problem by giving him drugs to over come the symptoms of the neuro agent. It's pretty obvious that Kim is the long term solution, so I'm curious what the twist will be.

The Operator
04-07-2009, 10:36 AM
If only they hadn't forced Hodges out as head coach of The West Caanan High School football team, he never would have gone on to create Starkwood and none of this would be happening. Lousy kids!

freestyle55
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
If only they hadn't forced Hodges out as head coach of The West Caanan High School football team, he never would have gone on to create Starkwood and none of this would be happening. Lousy kids!

That chairman of the board guy he killed was probably Moxon's grandfather...said he treated him like a son for 20 years...I was just waiting for him to say "I don't want your life" in that crappy southern accent...

freestyle55
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
That being said, Jon Voight is doing a great job with the Jonas Hodges character...

I was half expecting the first daughter to kill the reporter guy and expect Aaron to clean it up...it will be interesting to see when and how this part goes sour for her...

Next week's promo looks interesting...something goes boom, and Jack looks a little distraught...hopefully Tony makes it through the next hour...

Unassisted
04-07-2009, 11:11 AM
If only they hadn't forced Hodges out as head coach of The West Caanan High School football team, he never would have gone on to create Starkwood and none of this would be happening. Lousy kids!The guy Hodges killed last night played the football coach who was forced out at Dillon High on Friday Night Lights last season. Maybe they decided to found Starkwood to get back at the schools that dropped them?

Roy Tucker
04-07-2009, 11:41 AM
The guy Hodges killed last night played the football coach who was forced out at Dillon High on Friday Night Lights last season. Maybe they decided to found Starkwood to get back at the schools that dropped them?

I'm not totally convinced he's dead.

In the dictonary next to the word "sleazy" is a picture of that reporter guy that Olivia humped in the name of US security.

nate
04-07-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm not totally convinced he's dead.

In the dictonary next to the word "sleazy" is a picture of that reporter guy that Olivia humped in the name of US security.

Yep.

And her picture is next to his.

Phil in BG
04-08-2009, 02:06 PM

It looks like you are dead on Logan. It looks like Kim will be coming back for a transfusion. Sure, Jack has refused to contact her, but we all know Renee will get her somehow.

savafan
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
It looks like you are dead on Logan. It looks like Kim will be coming back for a transfusion. Sure, Jack has refused to contact her, but we all know Renee will get her somehow.

Oh...there's way more to it than that...

rotnoid
04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Oh...there's way more to it than that...

there has to be. That's just too simple for the way this season has gone, and it's too close to the end now for nice clean ups.

OSUredsFAN
04-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Kim is coming back next week or the week after that.

The Operator
04-13-2009, 09:14 AM
So, any guesses as to what happens tonight when Hodges makes his visit to the White House??

rotnoid
04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
So, any guesses as to what happens tonight when Hodges makes his visit to the White House??

There'll be at least one son of a... and a serious utlimatum that makes this president back down. Just a guess.

Phil in BG
04-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Just a guess, but Jack and Renee have been in the FBI office way too long. It's time for them to get into some action. It's time for them to go to Starkwood.

LoganBuck
04-13-2009, 01:26 PM
The TV girl on WLW said that Kim Bauer is back tonight!!!

Phil in BG
04-13-2009, 01:33 PM
The TV girl on WLW said that Kim Bauer is back tonight!!!

To save her dad!

Roy Tucker
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't mind people guessing on this thread as to what's going to happen, but please don't post any spoilers here. At least anything that isn't being reported on the news or in the paper that day. WLW or the Enquirer is fine, but nothing from those spoiler sites.

I went to all the 24 spoiler sites one year to find out what happens beforehand and it took all the fun out of watching the show and being surprised. I really don't want to know till it happens in "real" time.

gm
04-13-2009, 06:32 PM

The CDC doctor said "experimental procedure using stem cells" best donor would be a direct relative, etc

Matt700wlw
04-13-2009, 06:34 PM
I have to watch last week's still....doing that shortly.

Kim can do whatever she wants :)

gm
04-13-2009, 06:44 PM

I wonder if Hodges has an "exit strategy"

(Probably, he's gone to a lot of trouble to get to this point)

Based on the "you're too late" comment made by the lead Starkwood henchman at the end of the teaser, it seems that Tony and Jack's hijack operation fails and a missile gets launched

But that's why we tune in...to find out how/why these things happen

savafan
04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm stunned...

klw
04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm stunned...

Tony's role does not compute.

OldRightHander
04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
What the @#%$!!!!

OSUredsFAN
04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Could Moss still be alive?? he never got the silent clock.

LoganBuck
04-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Weird

So Hodges tried to sell the President a time share, Jack Bauer cries, Tony is bad, and Larry is dead.

I am vexed.

They need to have Kim and Freckles standing next to each other.

Oh yeah

Razor Shines
04-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Could Moss still be alive?? he never got the silent clock.

Maybe he wasn't considered enough of a longstanding character? Or maybe he's still alive.

Is it possible that Tony is working on another double-double cross or is he really a bad dude this time? My guess is that he's been working for another organization the entire time and his goal for the whole day has been to get his hands on one of those canisters. I don't think he's involved with Starkwood or Hodges at all.

Matt700wlw
04-14-2009, 07:22 AM
I didn't see that one coming! Tony's had his own agenda the whole time!

Is Kim coming back? Jack's still dying...

freestyle55
04-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow, I feel much smarter watching this episode then the one where Seaton did the double cross...

I saw Moss's death coming (not by Tony of course) when he seemed a little too eager to go back in after all his "waaah, I can't do anything slightly not by the book" the entire first 16 or so episodes...

I also made the comment to my wife, once Jonas said "you'll see" and with Tony being a little too eager to give himself up to the government he hates, "I wonder if he's really the bad guy behind all of this?"...

I'm assuming Kim will be in more of this and they didn't just bring her back for 5 minutes and a few tears...

I'm assuming we'll get a "final showdown" of some sort between Tony and Jack now, hopefully we'll get to see a few more of Tony's ninja-like moves!

smith288
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Perhaps Tony is working to get a cannister to reverse engineer it in time for Jack? Positive thinking...

Roy Tucker
04-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Larry has smelled of doom all season, so I figured he was toast along the way somewhere. But I was surprised it was Tony that killed him.

I still think Tony is on the good guy side, but is trying to get at the heart of whatever this conspiracy against the gov't is that Hodges told the Prez about. I figured he had to do it to stay in cahoots with teh bad guys. I'm losing track of how many double-agent moves he's making though.

Either that or he's just plain bad and him and Jack will have a titanic duel of the gods eventually to determine emperor of the world.

Kim didn't look as good as she used to IMO. Jack showed emotion!!! Agent Freckles still looks awfully good though.

Puffy
04-14-2009, 10:15 AM
If you notice, the black security guard did a double check right before Tony attacked and then he never showed up again even after the explosion. I think this leads credence to the Tony is working for someone else and it was their mission to stop Starkwood and get the bio-agent. This also fits in with Tony finding Jack after Matabo is killed and telling him that it wasn't over. If Tony needed to find the bio-agent Jack was the person he needed

rotnoid
04-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow. I don't know what to say. For the first time in a long time (and especially considering season 6), I have no idea what's going to happen next. Good on the writers for all the not-so-predictable twists.

Phil in BG
04-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Wow. I don't know what to say. For the first time in a long time (and especially considering season 6), I have no idea what's going to happen next. Good on the writers for all the not-so-predictable twists.

I couldn't agree more. There are so many questions? Is Larry really dead? Is Tony really bad? Will Kim come back (of course?) Who else is involved? How high does it go? Could Jonas really have been that stupid to think the POTUS would give him that much control?

gm
04-14-2009, 03:54 PM
If you notice, the black security guard did a double check right before Tony attacked and then he never showed up again even after the explosion. I think this leads credence to the Tony is working for someone else and it was their mission to stop Starkwood and get the bio-agent. This also fits in with Tony finding Jack after Matabo is killed and telling him that it wasn't over. If Tony needed to find the bio-agent Jack was the person he needed

The first time I watched it, I thought the black security guard was the one who tackled Tony from behind and caused him to drop the detonator. But after running it back (slow) it appeared to be the guard who was laying under the tanker who blind-sided Tony.

Then there's the blonde who visits Hodges in the holding cell...I'm suspecting the "multi-national cartell" slash "shadow government" angle, similar to the X-Files (but then, I'm always on the lookout for conspiracy theories...)

6 more weeks to go. Plenty of time more more plot twists

MWM
04-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Outside of the whole White House break in thingy, this has been a really good season. I always have been suspicious about Tony and still don't know what to think. If he's really the guy behind it all, I don't see how he would have any sense of remorse over what he's doing, which he clearly has. And I'm also having a hard time reconciling all that he's done this season in light of this week's ending.

freestyle55
04-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Outside of the whole White House break in thingy, this has been a really good season. I always have been suspicious about Tony and still don't know what to think. If he's really the guy behind it all, I don't see how he would have any sense of remorse over what he's doing, which he clearly has. And I'm also having a hard time reconciling all that he's done this season in light of this week's ending.

The only thing I can figure is that he's out to get the government, not more innocent people (i.e. destroying the bioweapons via the fuel tanks). Can't remember if he was still "bad" when the planes crashed, but it seems like most of the stuff tends to go bad for the government and military folks...

Roy Tucker
04-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I still think Tony is a good guy but knows that the consipiracy is deeply embedded. He has to do "whatever is necessary" (Jack's mantra) to stay in cahoots with the bad guys. Killing an FBI guy is a good way to prove you are trustworthy. JMO.

MWM
04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Maybe. I'm just trying to figure out who the head of the conspiracy is that would require such extreme measures. Could it be the "former" chief of staff? Or maybe the President's daughter? Maybe even her husband (I doubt this one).

nate
04-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe. I'm just trying to figure out who the head of the conspiracy is that would require such extreme measures. Could it be the "former" chief of staff? Or maybe the President's daughter? Maybe even her husband (I doubt this one).

I'm pretty sure it's Billy Mays.

gm
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM

Maybe they'll bring back the president from the previous administration? (I forget his name) He didn't seem to be very keen on relinquishing power, and Hodges noted that he was a frequent visitor to the oval office before Taylor's admin took over

rotnoid
04-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Maybe they'll bring back the president from the previous administration? (I forget his name) He didn't seem to be very keen on relinquishing power, and Hodges noted that he was a frequent visitor to the oval office before Taylor's admin took over

Noah Daniels? They tried really hard to make him a scumbag in the Redemption movie. Maybe your'e on to something.

LoganBuck
04-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Note to Tony:

Jack is coming and he is bringing Hell with him.

Incurable prion variant CJD, whatever. It is on like Donkey Kong.

Phil in BG
04-21-2009, 07:47 AM
It is still really hard for me to believe Tony is a bad guy. I really thought Larry wasn't dead, but the c4 explosion after they lured the FBI agents into the building sort of seals his position doesn't it? There could possibly be a 'for the greater good' scenario, but seems unlikely. Could Larry still be alive? Possibly I guess. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. A to the death duel between Tony and Jack? Somehow they twist the plot around and Tony helps save the day?

Roy Tucker
04-21-2009, 07:55 AM
So Tony really is a bad guy.

Jack is a grandpa. Kinda takes his edge off.

Baby is named Teri? Nice touch. I thought Kim went off with Chase. Who was the baby papa? I missed that.

The poison pill passer looked like a blond Sarah Palin.

rotnoid
04-21-2009, 09:51 AM
So Tony really is a bad guy.

Jack is a grandpa. Kinda takes his edge off.

Baby is named Teri? Nice touch. I thought Kim went off with Chase. Who was the baby papa? I missed that.

The poison pill passer looked like a blond Sarah Palin.

I thought they cleaned up the Chase deal when Kim showed up with C Thomas Howell a few seasons back.

I'm still not convinced Tony is a bad guy. Why didn't he finish Jack off if at the end if he is?

Moss is definitely dead. I had my doubts, but they wouldnt' show him if he was alive. At least I don't think they would.

The big question for me is, what bit of patriotism or call to rally around the flag will cause Jack to change his mind about the experimental treatment? That's got to be coming soon.

Allegro
04-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I thought they cleaned up the Chase deal when Kim showed up with C Thomas Howell a few seasons back.

I'm still not convinced Tony is a bad guy. Why didn't he finish Jack off if at the end if he is?

Moss is definitely dead. I had my doubts, but they wouldnt' show him if he was alive. At least I don't think they would.

The big question for me is, what bit of patriotism or call to rally around the flag will cause Jack to change his mind about the experimental treatment? That's got to be coming soon.

Agree that Moss is dead. The chance to get revenge on Tony could be Jack's reason for getting treatment. I see this possibly playing into next season as well. Terrific season so far. Anybody see a return of Mandy at some point this season?

freestyle55
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm going with Chuck Norris as the ultimate bad guy...where else would Tony learn his karate ability? Plus, he wants to become President of Texas, so that would fit right in with taking over the 24 universe...

did anyone notice that the bad conspiracy guy that the "lawyer" talked to, was the other coach from Remember the Titans?

Puffy
04-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm going with Chuck Norris as the ultimate bad guy...where else would Tony learn his karate ability? Plus, he wants to become President of Texas, so that would fit right in with taking over the 24 universe...

did anyone notice that the bad conspiracy guy that the "lawyer" talked to, was the other coach from Remember the Titans?

He was also Harold Saint's right-hand man/gay dude in The Punisher (the one with Thomas Jane and Travolta)

And the reason Jack gets the treatment is going to be Kim and the granddaughter.

Phil in BG
04-21-2009, 11:32 AM
He was also Harold Saint's right-hand man/gay dude in The Punisher (the one with Thomas Jane and Travolta)

And the reason Jack gets the treatment is going to be Kim and the granddaughter.

The actor is Will Patton. Here is his bio:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001599/

He was a really good bad guy in The Postman with Kevin Costner.

LoganBuck
04-21-2009, 12:02 PM
The preview for next week shows Jack introducing himself to Hodges. Perhaps Hodges has an antidote/cure, that was developed along with the weapon.

They spent way to much time on the Kim portion this week, I guarantee she isn't on that flight at 6am.

Roy Tucker
04-21-2009, 12:08 PM
The actor is Will Patton. Here is his bio:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001599/

He was a really good bad guy in The Postman with Kevin Costner.

When I saw him onscreen in the context of US gov't and DC, it reminded me of his role in "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner.

HotCorner
04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised with this season. I was very skeptical about the direction at the beginning of the season but twists have added some new life into this show.

I still can't get a read on Tony. He kills Moss but lets the Starkwood agent live when he uncuffed him from the storage tanks prior to blowing them up.

Maybe the people he now works with/for had some connection to Michelle's death so he's working alone to take them down.

Root Down
04-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm still not convinced that Tony is a bad guy here. Based on the show's history the good guys are always willing to make massive sacrifices to get the job done. The way I see it right now is that Tony is the only guy able to pinpoint the entire network. If that is true he would have had to do everything he has done to accomplish that end. He could have killed Jack but he just walked away. I've got a feeling this is a ploy to get in better with the man behind the man.

But the best part about the show is that I could be entirely wrong, and probably am! :)

gm
04-21-2009, 02:00 PM
For me the big question now is...will Jack "deal with Tony" during season 7, or will his vengeance "carry over" to season 8?

I suspect "getting back at Tony" will be the impetus to convince Jack he needs the stem cell treatment, but "maybe" there will be an antidote that Hodges will provide (for imunity and protection to his family, of course)

Why didn't Tony "finish Jack off" when he had the chance? Too risky, with all the FBI agents around. (He didn't want to compromise his "mission" by drawing even more attention to himself.) Based on the tease for next week, it doesn't take long for Jack to "come to" and inform Renee (etc) about Tony's betrayal

The poison pill passer looked like a blond Sarah Palin?...she also seems to have a "relationship" with Tony, based on the tease

freestyle55
04-21-2009, 03:29 PM

That's where I knew him from too...it was bugging me, but I was too lazy to go IMDB him...

freestyle55
04-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm still not convinced that Tony is a bad guy here. Based on the show's history the good guys are always willing to make massive sacrifices to get the job done. The way I see it right now is that Tony is the only guy able to pinpoint the entire network. If that is true he would have had to do everything he has done to accomplish that end. He could have killed Jack but he just walked away. I've got a feeling this is a ploy to get in better with the man behind the man.

But the best part about the show is that I could be entirely wrong, and probably am! :)

I think a bunch of people think that either because they like the character and this spells impending doom, or they just think everything they see are red herrings, but I just find it hard to believe that having Tony blow up the building with the FBI agents inside would still be under cover...there could have been other ways to get that guy out without killing so many "good guys"

Matt700wlw
04-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Loving this season!

They've done a great job getting this show back on track. I have no idea what's up Tony's sleeve!

Root Down
04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
I think a bunch of people think that either because they like the character and this spells impending doom, or they just think everything they see are red herrings, but I just find it hard to believe that having Tony blow up the building with the FBI agents inside would still be under cover...there could have been other ways to get that guy out without killing so many "good guys"

I get what you are saying, but I'm not so sure that was his objective. It is very possible he was trying to look better in the eyes of the "bad guys". To do that, he would most definitely have to kill good guys.

savafan
04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
I recall that when Tony first told his partner about blowing up the FBI agents, his partner reacted like he wasn't comfortable with the idea, and then Tony asked him if he had a problem with that. I gotta believe there's something more going on here.

Then again, I remember season 6 when there were no something mores going on anywhere at all.

MWM
04-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Yeah, Tony is a bad guy. I don't think there's much doubt about it after this week. Willfully blowing up FBI agents is just too far to go for the "greater good theory."

Phil in BG
04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Could we please just fire Janice or something? She is so irritating. Of course we need someone to dislike. Jack was doing fine until he said President Palmer.

smith288
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Janice is playing her typical role of useful idiot like she does in real life.

I was actually clapping when he went off on her. Even if he was out of his mind bringing up up David Palmer.

RANDY IN INDY
04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Jack gave her the reaction that you love to see people like that get. I'm with you, smith288!

freestyle55
05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Looks like we get a confrontation next week! Still hard to believe everything will be tied up in only 3 more hours...

BuckeyeRed27
05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
http://www.wpix.com/landing/?Kiefer-Sutherland-Headbutts-Fashion-Desi=1&blockID=283829&feedID=1404

Apparently this fashion guy wouldn't tell Jack where the canister was

Unassisted
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
http://www.wpix.com/landing/?Kiefer-Sutherland-Headbutts-Fashion-Desi=1&blockID=283829&feedID=1404

Apparently this fashion guy wouldn't tell Jack where the canister wasJack's not himself since being exposed to the prion disease. Perhaps Kiefer isn't either? ;)

The Operator
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM

Apparently this fashion guy wouldn't tell Jack where the canister wasCan't say I blame Jack, I mean... Kiefer, if the report about the fashion guy pushing Brooke Shields was true.

Phil in BG
05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Can't say I blame Jack, I mean... Kiefer, if the report about the fashion guy pushing Brooke Shields was true.

Jack is always right. Why can't people just trust him?

The Operator
05-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Jack is always right. Why can't people just trust him?If they trusted him, it might not be as fun to watch him prove them wrong? :D

LoganBuck
05-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, that was a craptastic last 20 minutes.

The writers couldn't come up with anything better than that?

Unassisted
05-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Well, that was a craptastic last 20 minutes.

The writers couldn't come up with anything better than that?Saving all of the good stuff for the finale, hopefully.

My son, who has only watched 4 seasons, grumbled at the possibility of yet another "Kim held hostage" story arc.

joshnky
05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Saving all of the good stuff for the finale, hopefully.

My son, who has only watched 4 seasons, grumbled at the possibility of yet another "Kim held hostage" story arc.

I agree. I'm tired of the repeated hostage situations that cause Jack to work with the enemy.

nate
05-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I think the epic struggle at the end is Jack trying to do his own taxes.

smith288
05-12-2009, 09:29 AM
The whole "we need to save Tony" plot is so not necessary. He is useless to this shadowy group now and in all reality, would be killed.

Where did these new operatives come from? This group just call up some folks with espionage backgrounds who have sympathies with a group who wants to kill thousands? "Hey, can you go to the airport? Just in case our plot is foiled, we happen to also know Jack Bauer's daughter was visiting, he flight was delayed and she will likely bump into you folks."

Im mean, 24 is far fetched and all but this is a reach even for them. This part of the show just seems tacked on needlessly.

I was really liking this years show but this is getting kind of stupid all of a sudden.

RFS62
05-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I haven't figured out yet how they're going to get a mountain lion to chase Kim through the airport.

Plus, she's way overdressed.

rotnoid
05-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Have to agree that I was digging it until that last 20 minutes. When Renee said, now you can rest, I knew something ridiculous was coming. Just didn't expect it to be more Kimpossible Kimnapping. I just don't really see that playing out over the whole 2 hours though, the producers have to know it's a played out story line. If they're going to do that, it might as well be Nina Myers behind everything.

smith288
05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Have to agree that I was digging it until that last 20 minutes. When Renee said, now you can rest, I knew something ridiculous was coming. Just didn't expect it to be more Kimpossible Kimnapping. I just don't really see that playing out over the whole 2 hours though, the producers have to know it's a played out story line. If they're going to do that, it might as well be Nina Myers behind everything.
Why couldnt jack just hand motion to use freckle's phone and type that he has a terrorist on his phone threatening to kill his daughter and to lock down the airport?

That's what I would do.

Raisor
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I haven't figured out yet how they're going to get a mountain lion to chase Kim through the airport.

First of all, she's young enough to be your great great granddaughter, you dog.

Second of all, the mountain lion is waiting on his visa to come up from Columbia.

RFS62
05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
First of all, she's young enough to be your great great granddaughter, you dog.

I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere, I'm just not sure what it might be.

Woof.

:pimp:

LoganBuck
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
The thought occurred to me today, that the bad guys don't want Tony. They want Jack, or more precisely the prion that he is carrying. They used up their supply in the subway attack, and grabbing Jack would give them the ability to produce more.

Roy Tucker
05-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Maybe Jack will find Tommy Westphall's snowglobe and find out the whole CTU thing was a figment of someones imagination.

Or he'll wake up in bed with Teri and say "boy did I have a heckuva dream, all these guys kept chasing me".

LoganBuck
05-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Maybe Jack will find Tommy Westphall's snowglobe and find out the whole CTU thing was a figment of someones imagination.

Or he'll wake up in bed with Teri and say "boy did I have a heckuva dream, all these guys kept chasing me".

Better yet, Jack gets out of bed and hears the shower running. He goes to investigate, pulls back the shower curtain and there is Terri. He tells her he had the most awful dream, and she responds "What is Family Guy?".

Razor Shines
05-15-2009, 12:10 AM
The thought occurred to me today, that the bad guys don't want Tony. They want Jack, or more precisely the prion that he is carrying. They used up their supply in the subway attack, and grabbing Jack would give them the ability to produce more.

Well that is what the preview for next week showed. Two people were holding Jack down and another person was extracting his blood.

LoganBuck
05-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Well that is what the preview for next week showed. Two people were holding Jack down and another person was extracting his blood.

Really? Cool, I missed that because I was mad at how the end of the show went this week, and flipped over to the Reds game.

Roy Tucker
05-15-2009, 07:57 AM
I know its 24 and my disbelief is supposed to be suspended, but when Jack ran the canister of whatever it is into the sealed haz-mat van and it went off, it sprayed all over him. I mean, like bathed him. When that happened before, they stripped him down to his bare Jack parts in the middle of the highway and scrubbed him like Mike's Car Wash.

This time, he just said "OK, done" and walked out like nothing happened and started doing normal yelling Jack stuff. Not to mention little wisps of deadly gas exuding off of him in a large crowd of people. You'd think he'd at least change shirts or something.

nate
05-15-2009, 08:51 AM
I know its 24 and my disbelief is supposed to be suspended, but when Jack ran the canister of whatever it is into the sealed haz-mat van and it went off, it sprayed all over him. I mean, like bathed him. When that happened before, they stripped him down to his bare Jack parts in the middle of the highway and scrubbed him like Mike's Car Wash.

This time, he just said "OK, done" and walked out like nothing happened and started doing normal yelling Jack stuff. Not to mention little wisps of deadly gas exuding off of him in a large crowd of people. You'd think he'd at least change shirts or something.

No, there was some plexiglass barrier dealio he sealed off that section of the van with.

gm
05-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Will it be Renee, Chloe and Janice to the rescue? How ironic. All of the men-folk in leadership positions have been killed off (except for Aaron, but he's got other fish to fry...)

The Operator
05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
So Tony's a bad, good, bad, good, bad guy?

He's double crossed so many times back and forth I can't keep all of the double negatives straight. :-p

freestyle55
05-18-2009, 11:25 PM
So Tony's a bad, good, bad, good, bad guy?

He's double crossed so many times back and forth I can't keep all of the double negatives straight. :-p

No I think the point was that he was never a good guy for the sake of being good, it was always just an ends to a means to kill Wilson and avenge Michelle. I thought for a second they were going to make him good again, but thank god they didn't. I actually felt sorry for Tony...well, as sorry as you can feel for a tv character, but you know what I mean...

smith288
05-18-2009, 11:42 PM
So Freckles goes to the dark side of justice eh. Interesting.

My predictions (not hard to deduce): Bauer gets better, Kim dies and the world keeps a tickin'.

The Operator
05-19-2009, 12:20 AM
No I think the point was that he was never a good guy for the sake of being good, it was always just an ends to a means to kill Wilson and avenge Michelle. I thought for a second they were going to make him good again, but thank god they didn't. I actually felt sorry for Tony...well, as sorry as you can feel for a tv character, but you know what I mean...I know, I was just being silly about how many times we've seen Tony switch roles this season.

I did think at first that they were trying to make him good again, but this outcome was much more believable.

I wonder what'll happen with Agent Freckles interrogating the bald shadow government guy. Will we ever find out?

LoganBuck
05-19-2009, 12:36 AM
I know, I was just being silly about how many times we've seen Tony switch roles this season.

I did think at first that they were trying to make him good again, but this outcome was much more believable.

I wonder what'll happen with Agent Freckles interrogating the bald shadow government guy. Will we ever find out?

Conspiracy theory: Agent Freckles and Evil Dead Red are actually sisters and daughters of Wilson!

LoganBuck
05-19-2009, 12:44 AM
I liked the episode, but couldn't help but think that they really laid it on thick with the Olivia Taylor/President Taylor/First Gentleman Taylor triangle.

I liked Aaron a whole bunch tonight. Great use of his character.

The first 92 minutes were pretty good, the rest were so so.

Will Jack die? Survey says? NO

Razor Shines
05-19-2009, 02:13 AM
Some one will have a to track Jack down to some Mosque and convince him to give up Islam to save the world and maybe his daughter. If, that is, she survives the "risks." Is one of those risks that she might become a good actress?

RFS62
05-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Is one of those risks that she might become a good actress?

Highly unlikely.

RFS62
05-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Wonder what torture technique Agent Freckles plans to use on Mr. Big?

My guess is she's going to make him listen to Jeannie Garafalo yapping nonstop for a couple of hours. Nothing Jack could do would be more inhuman.

Roy Tucker
05-19-2009, 08:42 AM
I liked the episode, but couldn't help but think that they really laid it on thick with the Olivia Taylor/President Taylor/First Gentleman Taylor triangle.

I liked Aaron a whole bunch tonight. Great use of his character.

The first 92 minutes were pretty good, the rest were so so.

Will Jack die? Survey says? NO

Yep, that's my take too. I really had no sympathy for nor did I care about Olivia and I was like "lock her up and throw away the key, let's move on". Nail her skanky hide to the wall and move on.

Not a plot twist, but an interesting move to have the Muslim imam guy be Jack's confessor. A little humanity in the 24 world.

"No ma'am, I won't". Agent Aaron Pierce, Secret Service. Defender of the free world. I like the man.

I snorted when Kim's phone died and she said "dammit!". Truly Jack's daughter. Kim is not a convincing super agent. She runs like a twit.

I could see next year being Jack on the bench for a while and Agent Freckles taking over as chief "do whatever is necessary" main person.

Tony ended up in an interesting moral place. I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Reds Fanatic
05-19-2009, 09:15 AM
I read an article where next year is supposed to take place in New York. Appraently CTU will be back. Jack and Chloe are back next year. Other than those two I am not sure who else is back.

freestyle55
05-19-2009, 11:18 AM
I read an article where next year is supposed to take place in New York. Appraently CTU will be back. Jack and Chloe are back next year. Other than those two I am not sure who else is back.

I believe Kim is supposed to be back as well, and I'm really hoping that Tony as back too. Season 8 needs to wrap up the Tony/Jack situation since he's got to hate Jack even more now after stopping him when he was so close...

CarolinaRedleg
05-19-2009, 12:05 PM

I've read Agent Red Hot has signed on for another year as well.

HotCorner
05-19-2009, 12:37 PM
I snorted when Kim's phone died and she said "dammit!". Truly Jack's daughter. Kim is not a convincing super agent. She runs like a twit.

Her "dammit" gave me a chuckle too. As for her running, it was like watching a slow motion instant replay except it was at full speed. I commented about this to my wife which she replied "she's in heels" to which I replied "get rid of them".

Unassisted
05-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Jack ran and fought quite well, considering he'd had some spinal fluid removed.

I never did buy Agent Freckles emotional attachment to Jack, so I really found her adoption of his interrogation methods hard to accept.

IMO, the most disappointing part was the President's resolution of the White House drama. It was so weakly written. And I also didn't buy the President's husband siding with his daughter.

Overall, it was a thoroughly underwhelming finale. I was expecting a blockbuster ending. The surprise in the last hour was that there was no blockbuster. It was as if this episode was a merry-go-round that gradually coasted to a stop and let everyone off at the end.

freestyle55
05-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Jack ran and fought quite well, considering he'd had some spinal fluid removed.

My wife thought that was amazing as she remembered her epidural when giving birth to our son...my thought was, man, that's like giving him a reverse epidural...

I had read some interviews I think that said that season 7 really kind of sets up what's going to happen in season 8, so here's hoping we'll get the resolution of the Alan Wilson saga, the Jack-Tony ultimate battle, and the close of the David Palmer assassination once and for all...unless of course there's someone behind Wilson...and it all leads back to Jack Bauer! :evil:

MWM
05-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Yep, overall a really good season, but very lame ending.

gm
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Tony ended up in an interesting moral place. I don't think we've seen the last of him.

If she had more time (there never seems to be enough time) I could see Renee bringing Tony into FBI to "assist" with the "interrogation"

She could handcuff his hands behind his back so he could headbump and bite Wilson into a confession without being able to "finish the job"?

savafan
05-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Mary Lynn Rajskub said today that Cherry Jones will be back for next season as well.

smith288
05-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Mary Lynn Rajskub said today that Cherry Jones will be back for next season as well.
Interesting

Roy Tucker
05-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, there are a whole lot of dangling threads.

I have a hard time believing Alan Wilson is the Mr. Big behind all this. And then there is the circle of 12 or 16 or whatever it is. Agent Freckles has freed her inner Jack and is going all Guantanamo Bay on everyone. Olivia has a major case of the goo. The limpy first gentleman isn't a happy camper. Jack is a walking biohazard and will he live? Kim will have stem cell-itis. Tony is a moody loose cannon. The White House needs remodeling after getting all shot up. All kinds of stuff.

MrCinatit
05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I doubt Wilson will be the ultimate Mr. Big - isn't he simply a part of a 'conglomerate" anyhow? There will always be another Mr. Big, or some viewers would lose interest.
Besides, there is the other wild card: We have not officially confirmed that Jack's father is dead yet, right?

BCubb2003
05-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I hope it's not one of those things where everybody turns out to be an undercover agent conducting their own investigations.

Matt700wlw
05-22-2009, 01:31 AM
I

Well then I guess less clothing is the answer :D

freestyle55
05-22-2009, 08:57 AM
I doubt Wilson will be the ultimate Mr. Big - isn't he simply a part of a 'conglomerate" anyhow? There will always be another Mr. Big, or some viewers would lose interest.
Besides, there is the other wild card: We have not officially confirmed that Jack's father is dead yet, right?

Kind of wonder if Logan will be involved somehow next season...I kept seeing rumors of that over the interwebs, but then again, it's the interwebs...

Allegro
05-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Kind of wonder if Logan will be involved somehow next season...I kept seeing rumors of that over the interwebs, but then again, it's the interwebs...

I thought Logan died? Didn't his pill-popping-getting-it-on-with-ex-secret-service-agant-wacko-ex-wife stab him last year? I seem to remember him dying in the ambulance, not that anyone is ever really dead on 24.

Roy Tucker
05-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, the cast of characters in the 24 world is getting rather large. And like a bad cold, they don't ever seem to quite go all the way away.

I used to read up on 24 on teh intrawebs but I stopped doing that. At least for me, it's more fun to be surprised in real 24 time. After all, its just TV.

freestyle55
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I thought Logan died? Didn't his pill-popping-getting-it-on-with-ex-secret-service-agant-wacko-ex-wife stab him last year? I seem to remember him dying in the ambulance, not that anyone is ever really dead on 24.

I didn't remember him dying, I think they left it as he was stabbed with an ambiguous ending...

freestyle55
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the cast of characters in the 24 world is getting rather large. And like a bad cold, they don't ever seem to quite go all the way away.

I used to read up on 24 on teh intrawebs but I stopped doing that. At least for me, it's more fun to be surprised in real 24 time. After all, its just TV.

I tried, but my biggest problem was that I watched the first 6 seasons on DVD (didn't catch on to the tv show until season 6, and my son was born just after the start, so we missed a bunch and decided not to watch it until the dvd's came out) so I'm too impatient to wait until the next week :)

LoganBuck
05-22-2009, 09:51 PM
I didn't remember him dying, I think they left it as he was stabbed with an ambiguous ending...

Correct, however Agent Freckles referenced him, when talking about Hodges. I think she said "living like Charles Logan, on some ranch in Colorado".

RFS62
05-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Well then I guess less clothing is the answer :D

For almost every question.

Especially regarding our little Kim.

The Operator
05-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Correct, however Agent Freckles referenced him, when talking about Hodges. I think she said "living like Charles Logan, on some ranch in Colorado".I thought it was Olivia Taylor who said that?

LoganBuck
05-23-2009, 06:34 AM
I thought it was Olivia Taylor who said that?

Maybe it was, but I just checked the 24wiki, yes there is one, and they list Renee. I believe it happened after Larry Moss died.

rotnoid
05-27-2009, 12:57 PM
I tried, but my biggest problem was that I watched the first 6 seasons on DVD (didn't catch on to the tv show until season 6, and my son was born just after the start, so we missed a bunch and decided not to watch it until the dvd's came out) so I'm too impatient to wait until the next week :)

We have the same problem at my house. Watched the first 6 seasons in marathon fashion to catch up in time for this season to start in January and got thoroughly cheesed off the first few weeks when we had to wait 7 days instead of just popping in the next disc. While it definitely adds more excitement to the series watching on TV in real time, it's kind of annoying after having 6 seasons on demand.

HotCorner
05-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Are they trying to kill this series?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i7091575e2b2c21c220fb154fbf47cef8

Freddie Prinze Jr. as Jack Bauer Jr.?

Sources said Prinze is joining the cast of Fox's "24" as a regular, playing Davis Cole, a recently returned Marine who runs CTU Field Ops and wants to follow in Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) footsteps.

On the real-time drama, whose upcoming eighth season started production Wednesday, Prinze joins fellow new cast additions Anil Kapoor, who plays a Middle East leader; Chris Diamantopoulos, as the president's new chief of staff; and John Boyd as a CTU systems analyst. All of them are regulars, while Jennifer Westfeldt has come aboard as a recurring, playing a a journalist.

Also cast as a recurring on the 20th TV/Imagine series is Nazneen Contractor as Kapoor's daughter.

Prinze, repped by ICM and Brillstein, recently co-starred on the ABC comedy pilot "No Heroics."

NatiRedGals
05-29-2009, 10:25 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i7091575e2b2c21c220fb154fbf47cef8

Fox's 24 has also added to its cast, signing on Jennifer Westfeldt and John Boyd for the upcoming eighth season, says The Hollywood Reporter. Westfeldt (Kissing Jessica Stein) will play journalist Meredith Reed, and Boyd (Fringe) will have his breakout role as a CTU systems analyst.

smith288
05-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Prinze Jr is 100% badd azz.... *cough*

bucksfan2
05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Just finished the past season. I thought it was a pretty good season. But then again I am hardly ever disappointed with 24. I loved the Tony storyline, mainly because he was my favorite character on the show. I also like how he isn't "dead" yet and could return.

Unassisted
05-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Are they trying to kill this series?Kiefer's not signed neyond next season. If Fox wants to continue the show sans Kiefer, they'll need to have someone cued up to plug in for the lead. Maybe Prinze is that guy?

Personally, I'd rather see them tap another member of the Brat Pack. How about Judd Nelson or Andrew McCarthy? ;)

klw
05-29-2009, 07:11 PM

No that occurs when Jimmy Smits gets added to the cast.

rotnoid
06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
No that occurs when Jimmy Smits gets added to the cast.

Or David Caruso as the new lead. Hokey one liners, here we come.

Unassisted
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Season 8 trailer:

http://video.hollywoodreporter.com/services/player/bcpid43169542001?bctid=46801192001

Grandpa Jack?

Raisor
10-29-2009, 06:19 PM
"You're lucky I'm retired".

tee hee.

So let's see, Jack is now a RETIRED nuclear vampire who's been dead at least 3 times.

klw
11-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Per wikipedia
Maybe seen as a spoiler, more of a season set up

[edit] Season 8
Main article: 24 (season 8)
Kiefer Sutherland will return for the 8th season,[29] which he revealed the starting timeline for as beginning very quickly after the end of season 7.[30] However, more recent information has described the timeline as further into the future, making Jack's granddaughter, Teri, old enough for meaningful dialogue. Cherry Jones, Mary Lynn Rajskub, and Annie Wersching are the only main cast members from season 7 who will also be returning as main cast members in season 8. Elisha Cuthbert will once again appear as a "Special Guest Star" and Bob Gunton will be back as Ethan Kanin, but this time as a recurring role and with Kanin as Secretary of State. As for Carlos Bernard's role as Tony Almeida, the show's producers have not confirmed, nor denied, the fact that Bernard will appear in season 8. Additional cast members include Anil Kapoor (as a Middle Eastern leader named Omar Hassan), Jennifer Westfeldt (Kissing Jessica Stein) and John Boyd (The Notorious Bettie Page) who were confirmed on the day production was slated to begin.[31] Westfeldt will play journalist Meredith Reed, while Boyd will play CTU systems analyst Jonah Schwartz.

Footage from Season 8 that aired at Comic Con was leaked onto Youtube[1], showing plot line introduction and the new CTU.

Set 8 months after season 7, season 8 begins and ends at 4:00 PM, unfolding in New York City amidst the shadows of the Statue of Liberty and the United Nations where CTU has been upgraded and is run by the MBA-schooled Brian Hastings (Mykelti Williamson).[32] Cole Ortiz (Freddie Prinze Jr.), a former Marine who wants to follow in Jack Bauer’s footsteps, runs the division’s Field Operations. Expert data analyst Dana Walsh (Katee Sackhoff) collaborates with systems analyst Arlo Glass inside CTU. Rob Weiss serves as President Alison Taylor’s new chief of staff, and Meredith Reed is an ambitious journalist with ties to the unfolding situation. Jack Bauer is simply a man who wants to move on with his life and be with his daughter and granddaughter, but plans come to a halt when, once again, America needs his help.

Roy Tucker
11-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi kids...

just a gentle request from one who likes to watch 24 in real time... please at least put in a spoilers warning and some white space so I don't read about what's going to happen.

savafan
11-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Freddie Prinze Jr.!