PDA

View Full Version : Jocketty: Reds are at payroll budget

Pages : 1 [2]

remdog
01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
I understand your point SeaRay. And I don't forsee a time when the Reds won't be number one with me. However, if someone lives outside the local area then they are subject to the promotion of the local team. (shrug)

Here in SoCal I can get Dodgers and Angels games on TV on a nightly basis. I can also get the Pads on radio. I've had the EI package fo the last few years so that I can watch the Reds but, given the junk that they are running out there in '09, I'm not likely to buy it this year.

Meanwhile, as a baseball jukie, I can get my fix here locally with two teams that are likely to compete. I'm not a fan of McCort and I don't really care if the Blue Crew lands Many. Dunn, well that's a different story.....

As for the Angels, I voted for them as the best run organization in that thread. They've got an owner that cares, have built a nice team and farm system, and make it fun to go to the ballpark. As much as I hate the DH, I can live with it for that kind of team.

I'll always be a Reds fan but they've got start putting a comptetive product on the field if they want to build their fan base.

Rem

BoydsOfSummer
01-27-2009, 12:12 PM
You're asking for the same problems if you replace the Reds with the Marlins. You'll constantly be trying to catch lightening in a bottle.

Sure. but the Marlins at least have a lightning rod duct taped to the bottle.

Sea Ray
01-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I'll tell you Rem, I buy the extra innings package because my Reds are so bad, I want to see good baseball after awhile and I know what you mean about your Socal teams. I enjoy following the Dodgers on EI mainly because of Vin Scully and the Angels are my favorite AL team. I have a lot of respect for Mike Scioscia as a manager and I love how he manages like an NL team. Steve Physioc and Rex Hudler are great too. I'm not sure there's a better player in baseball than Vlad. Do you get all the Pads, Dodger and Angel games there for free?