View Full Version : Bad news from C. Trent
01-22-2009, 10:13 AM
This ought to draw some reaction:
1. The Reds are at their payroll budget per Castellini, Jocketty and Baker, so don't expect any big signings.
2. Gomes, Dickerson, Hairston and Hopper could all be in the mix for a possible platoon in left field, per Dusty.
3. Taveras is the CF and will leadoff, per Dusty.
I see that somebody just beat me to this; can somebody delete this thread?
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
1. I pretty much thought this too unless Castallini was going to add onto the payroll from last year. Although with how cheap some good players have been signing for I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Abreu was signed....definately not confident about it happening but at the same time I wouldnt say it was unrealistic.
2. I dont mind that LF platoon at all....if one of them performs they will get the playing time. If Dickerson keeps up what he did last season or even Hairston I would be more than happy.
3. Willie Tavares in CF: Now I dont want you all to think I think Willie is the best CF in the league....but hes not as bad as most of redszone is making him out to be. Personally I would rather have him in the 9th spot like a second leadoff hitter but I know Dusty would never go for that. But if Taveras is in the leadoff spot it still isnt horrible. He did have a bad OBP last season but usually hes well beyond that. .330 is his career OBP (off memory) take away that bad year last season and his OBP isnt too bad.
01-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Orodle, feel free to repeat your post in the other thread...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.