PDA

View Full Version : OMG New commercial driving me crazy! 2009

bgwilly31
01-26-2009, 06:12 PM
I cant find it on youtube. But im sure all of you have seen this commercial with the red and white paint being thrown in the background and WORST song of all time played in the background during reds highslights....:thumbdown

Not only is the song just terrible. But I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HECK SHE IS SINGING> Its driving me crazy.

The wife and I have broke it down to a few different things she may be singing.

"we'll win the town back"

"We'll paint the town red"

We had some others but i cant remember now.

Anybody clue me on what the heck she is singing so this commercial might make some sense to me.

Orodle
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
I havent seen it yet but I'm sure I won't be surprised....we often have the most corniest commericals associated with our team......JTM Arroyo/Welsh commercials were about as low as it gets.

bgwilly31
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I havent seen it yet but I'm sure I won't be surprised....we often have the most corniest commericals associated with our team......JTM Arroyo/Welsh commercials were about as low as it gets.

They play it on 700WLW as well.

I cant remember what channels im seeing it on. I think local fox19 plays it.

bgwilly31
01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Your kidding 43 views and 1 response.

Nobody has seen or heard this commercial. Maybe the reds are just picking on me!

reds1869
01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
It is "Paint The Town Red" and it is even more annoying than last season's JTM commercials. I've seen it maybe a dozen times and am already sick of it...the production values mirror that of a high school broadcasting club.

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-26-2009, 11:16 PM
If it is the same ad I have heard on WLW the last few days....who came up with that??? the minute it comes on I have to turn my radio down... it is terrible.

bgwilly31
01-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Im glad im not crazy and everybody else thinks this ad sucks.

seriously one of the most promising pre-seasons in a few years and a terrible broadcast like this with a terrible singer and song writer is what we get:rolleyes:

Thanks cincinnati

Not to mention what kind of ad campaign is "we'll paint the town red'

I wonder if somebody should tell them that could be seen as a MASS MURDER! bloodbath

mroby85
01-27-2009, 02:08 AM
link? i still haven't seen or heard this.
I found the JTM commercials funny, so maybe i'm in for a treat lol

GOYA
01-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Well, think of it this way: The less they spend on commercials, the more they can spend on baseball.

justincredible
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Terrible, terrible commercial.

bgwilly31
01-27-2009, 11:43 AM
link? i still haven't seen or heard this.
I found the JTM commercials funny, so maybe i'm in for a treat lol

watch fox news. i will do another search today.

bgwilly31
01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
non sports chatter ehh. Doesnt have a thing to do with the reds does it. :rolleyes:

mroby85
01-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I was surprised it got moved too, seemed reds related to me. Way more reds related than all the stupid Adam Dunn threads, who i don't know if they know this or not yet, doesn't play for the Reds anymore, lol.

LoganBuck
01-28-2009, 08:17 AM
It sucks, but it doesn't nearly come close enough to some of the gems from last year. Throw in some of the political ads and this ad is childs play.

Who can forget "Im backin Black"?

Instant Rage!

Unassisted
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
seriously one of the most promising pre-seasons in a few years
So hope reigns supreme in the Sun Deck? I should visit there more often.

Casey
01-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, think of it this way: The less they spend on commercials, the more they can spend on baseball.

Too bad that hasn't been the case though. lol

Matt700wlw
01-28-2009, 05:49 PM
They should have Chris Welsh cry during it.

bgwilly31
01-28-2009, 08:21 PM
I was surprised it got moved too, seemed reds related to me. Way more reds related than all the stupid Adam Dunn threads, who i don't know if they know this or not yet, doesn't play for the Reds anymore, lol.

I think most would agree as well.

I searched through the reds site and still havent found a link. Apparently its so bad they want to make sure it sticks to TV and wlw only. I havent heard yet today and Today was a good day!

redsmetz
01-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Not to mention what kind of ad campaign is "we'll paint the town red'

I wonder if somebody should tell them that could be seen as a MASS MURDER! bloodbath

You apparently have watched too many Freddy Krueger movies. "Paint the town red" is an idiom. www.usingenglish.com states: If you go out for a night out with lots of fun and drinking, you paint the town red.

I guess they'll still cut off alcohol sales late in the game (per MLB rules, of course), which might abate some of the "painting the town red".

It has nothing to do with bloodbaths.

minus5
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
You apparently have watched too many Freddy Krueger movies. "Paint the town red" is an idiom. www.usingenglish.com states: If you go out for a night out with lots of fun and drinking, you paint the town red.

I guess they'll still cut off alcohol sales late in the game (per MLB rules, of course), which might abate some of the "painting the town red".

Gotta say, I've never heard "paint the town red" meaning murder either. :confused:

Roy Tucker
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
The music...

http://thehotcakes.tumblr.com/

More than you ever wanted to know about the derivation of the phrase "paint the town red".

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/paint-the-town-red.html

Thank you.

Allegro
01-30-2009, 11:57 PM
That is simply awful.

bgwilly31
01-31-2009, 01:06 AM

As the guy linked above. Paint the town red is also known as a murder or many slain.

And the I-tunes has a clip of the song but it doesnt really do the suckage justice. But you do at least get the point. But picture low quality reds highlights going on in the back ground of that music and you get the comercial.

fadetoblack2880
02-02-2009, 02:39 AM
As the guy linked above. Paint the town red is also known as a murder or many slain.

And the I-tunes has a clip of the song but it doesnt really do the suckage justice. But you do at least get the point. But picture low quality reds highlights going on in the back ground of that music and you get the comercial.

where can i see this travesty of a commercial? i don't live in Cincy. I need to see it now thanks to you guys.

Falls City Beer
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
where can i see this travesty of a commercial? i don't live in Cincy. I need to see it now thanks to you guys.

Seconded. My curiosity is piqued.

johngalt
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Seconded. My curiosity is piqued.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=cin

johngalt
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
There's actually a news story up on reds.com about it:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090202&content_id=3791034&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

fadetoblack2880
02-03-2009, 04:45 AM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=cin

yup, thats pretty bad. her voice is awful. the highlights aren't that bad, but that song in ungodly. luckily, i don't have to see it. :D