PDA

View Full Version : Jeopardy Tests Begin Tonight

marcshoe
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I know several people from here tried it last year; is anyone having a go at it this evening at 8? I passed it two years ago, got invited to an interview that turned out to be the same day as the capstone presentation for my master's, and thus wasn't eligible for last year's test. Unless the ice causes a power outage, I'm trying again tonight.

RichRed
01-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I know several people from here tried it last year; is anyone having a go at it this evening at 8? I passed it two years ago, got invited to an interview that turned out to be the same day as the capstone presentation for my master's, and thus wasn't eligible for last year's test. Unless the ice causes a power outage, I'm trying again tonight.

I'm giving it a shot in a few minutes. Good luck to you!

Raisor
01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I broke my brain last year when I tried out. Haven't regained enough power to try again so soon.

marcshoe
01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I started off very poorly, blanking on things I knew (Cate Blanchett--I could come up with the first name, so I typed "Kate"), and hitting the pass button after typing in a correct (but misspelled) answer ("Sheherazod"). I picked up the pace later and got more than half right, but not nearly as good as the last time.

RichRed
01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
This was the first time I've tried it and I'm pretty certain I got over half right. I, too, spazzed on one or two even though I knew the answer. And that's without cameras on me.

marcshoe
01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
I looked up several history names today, and had intended to look up Czar Nicholas II for his family name, but I didn't get to him.

Romanov. As soon as I looked it up, I remembered.

marcshoe
01-27-2009, 08:23 PM
btw, there's a reason you don't see a lot of people from WV on Jeopardy. I couldn't quite remember Miss Havisham's name, so I wrote the only thing in my mind, Mrs. Favisham. This being the last name of the guy on the English castle episode of The Beverly Hillbillies that the Clampetts use as a greeting, of course.

RichRed
01-27-2009, 08:26 PM
btw, there's a reason you don't see a lot of people from WV on Jeopardy. I couldn't quite remember Miss Havisham's name, so I wrote the only thing in my mind, Mrs. Favisham. This being the last name of the guy on the English castle episode of The Beverly Hillbillies that the Clampetts use as a greeting, of course.

I said Mrs. Miniver. Knew it wasn't right but it's the only thing I could think of.

Somehow, something from high school history took hold because I managed to get Romanov right.