PDA

View Full Version : Reds in Columbus?

redsman344
02-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey guys I feel like a total dork for asking this because its a simple question however I just could not find a definitive answer anywhere. Are the Reds games available in the Columbus Oh area? For example if I lived in Columbus with Dish Network would I recieve all the games on FSN Ohio? Is Columbus considered a "Reds Market"? I know its a dumb question but I need a definitive answer. Thanks alot in advance.

Ghosts of 1990
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I live in Columbus and they're on like 140 something games out of the year I believe, on Fox Sports Net which is on most cable packages

reds1869
02-02-2009, 04:24 PM
When I had Dish in Columbus I received both the Reds and the Indians. That was five years ago but I can't imagine it has changed.

nineworldseries
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes, we get both the Reds and the Indians up here, which is freakin' sweet.

redsfan1966
02-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Everything you read is true.....all Reds games are broadcast in the Columbus market on FSN Ohio---and if there is a conflict with Blue Jacket or Cavalier games....usually one of the games is moved to an alternate channel...

berryluther
02-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey guys I feel like a total dork for asking this because its a simple question however I just could not find a definitive answer anywhere. Are the Reds games available in the Columbus Oh area? For example if I lived in Columbus with Dish Network would I recieve all the games on FSN Ohio? Is Columbus considered a "Reds Market"? I know its a dumb question but I need a definitive answer. Thanks alot in advance.

They are not on TV in Columbus . Only one minore league team per market.

reds1869
02-07-2009, 08:19 AM
They are not on TV in Columbus . Only one minore league team per market.

That is absolutely not true. I lived in both Columbus and West Virginia under the current rules. In both places we received the broadcast of more than one team--in WV I received the Reds, Indians AND Pirates. It is only in an MLB market like Cincinnati and Cleveland (where I have also lived) that you may only get one team. This is to protect the home territory of the franchise. If you live in a "no-man's land" like Columbus you will very likely get more than one team's broadcasts.

Edit: I just realized you might be joking with the "minor league team" thing. If so, well it's not funny and I stand by my original statement anyway. ;)