PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is Live!

*BaseClogger*
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Run!

redsfandan
02-20-2009, 01:13 AM
I just checked out yahoos new mock drafts. Not bad. I may like it better than the real drafts they have.

redsfandan
01-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Fwiw, I just thought I'd mention a couple planned changes to yahoo fantasy baseball this year in case anyone is interested. Apparently now auction drafts will be an option, live scoring will be free, and there will be an iphone app.

nate
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Run!

Are you sure you want to re-live last year?

:cool:

nate
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Fwiw, I just thought I'd mention a couple planned changes to yahoo fantasy baseball this year in case anyone is interested. Apparently now auction drafts will be an option, live scoring will be free, and there will be an iphone app.

Yeah. They did the same for Fantasy Football this year.

redsfandan
01-23-2010, 11:48 AM
I've never done an auction league. I'm kinda curious.

Eric_the_Red
01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
I like auction leagues. Nice change of pace.

Also, ESPN is offering AL & NL only leagues this year.

Joseph
01-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm down for 10. Who is with me?

Vada Pinson Fan
01-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm hoping to be impressed by Yahoo this year because last year I wasn't. What I'd really like to see (and last year Yahoo asked all of its league commissioners to submit anything the commissioners could think of to help them come out with a better product {for next year}) and I submitted this to Yahoo- to make their page layout more condusive to managers interaction with eachother and as a result interest could be higher and even make trade talks & trades more likley to happen. Looking forward to checking everything out asap. Thanks Dan for the note you sent to me about Yahoo new offerings.

I would also like to do an auction league. If anyone wants to put one together, shoot a PM to me. Thanks.

Vada Pinson Fan
01-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm up for an auction league. Who wants to take the bull by the horns and start it up (be the commissioner- I'm already commish of one and don't want to commish more than that) when it goes live at Yahoo, I guess? I've done Fantasy Point, Roto 6x6 and 5x5 as well as Head 2 Head but have never competed in an Auction League in my 11 years of online playing. Count me in Joseph. Also, I replied to your PM. Get back to me Joseph and anyone else that wants to get together for an auction league. My PM box is almost full, so you can reach me at kingpoobah@yahoo.com if you'd like. Thanks!!!

Eric_the_Red
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I'd be glad to head up an auction league. Let's get 12 owners together, then we can hash out the format.

FutureRedsGM
01-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Count me in. I'll be an active owner. I prefer a draft during a week day, but can probably be available any time. I've never done an auction before, so this will be a good learning experience for me.

TRF
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
What is an auction league? Forgive my ignorance.

Eric_the_Red
01-27-2010, 03:42 PM
What is an auction league? Forgive my ignorance.

Owners take turns nominating a player, and everyone bids fake dollar amounts on him. Each team has a set budget that they must use to fill their team. It makes draft day quite entertaining.

cinredsfan2000
01-28-2010, 06:54 PM
hmmmm sounds interesting

Vada Pinson Fan
01-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Hey Eric, As far as I'm concerned please feel free to go ahead and head (commish) an Auction League for those of us interested.

CBSsports.com 2010 Baseball fantasy leagues are now on line and just looking at what their Mock Drafts have to say about Auction Leagues is basically this: 24 Rounds, each player will nominate one player each round to their queue (list) within 20 seconds, you then have 15 seconds to post your highest bid price you want to make for that particular player (if you want him). You'll have an onscreen listing of players you have acquired with your high bids and the position(s) they play. Then simply fill out your roster carefuly using your $280 (imaginary) payroll spread over those 24 players. Also you'll see the running total of the amount you have spent / have left to spend. Be sure to use all of your $280 payroll because it serves no purpose to retain any of the fake dollars.

Count me in Eric and let me know when you sign up a league for us to join. Doesn't have to be CBS. They just happened to go live already. All others interested should make themselves available for the live online auction at the time the Commissioner (if Eric wants it and no objections) sets for us. You should let him know in advance what date (such as weekends rather than weekdays works best for you or vice versa and perhaps PM is better than am on a Saturday or Sunday or vice versa) wont work for you if you are going on vacation in Feb. or March for example.

Another good idea is to make your email addy available to the Commissioner in case your PM box is anywhere close to being full, like mine is, lol. Then when the league is formed, it's a good idea to share email addy's with all league members in order to help facilitate trades during the season.

I will contact you also Eric via PM now since I don't have your email address.

Looking Forward To A Great Auction League With Those Of You That Join In!!!

Jerry
Vada Pinson Fan

nate
01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I might be interested depending on the stats used.

Eric_the_Red
01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
I might be interested depending on the stats used.

I like to stick to the classic 5x5 leagues.

Vada Pinson Fan
01-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I like to stick to the classic 5x5 leagues.

Same here.

Redsfan320
01-31-2010, 07:35 AM
I would be interested in a Yahoo!, 5x5, NL-only, rotisserie league. Anyone gonna volunteer to start one?

Vada Pinson Fan
02-01-2010, 11:23 PM
I would be interested in a Yahoo!, 5x5, NL-only, rotisserie league. Anyone gonna volunteer to start one?

Hey Redsfan320,

I may have 1 slot available in a league I commish but we are playing in an All-Universe, 1st year Keeper League (2nd Season of this league together however) 5X5 rotissierie format at Yahoo. The person we are looking for has to be a knowlegeable player, willing to stay the course regardless if that person is in first, last or any place in between for the entire season and beyond; since we are going into a keeper league. Don't know if drafting players from both leagues works for you but if you are interested send a PM to me: Vada Pinson Fan and tell me your interest level as well as your experience level from any previous fantasy seasons you may have played.

Anyone else reading this that would like to throw their hat into the ring, so to speak, by all means please do so. We have one player from last year that I'm in two leagues with and I haven't been able to reach him at all in quite a few attempts. So it looks 99.999% for sure that we need 1 more player. If my PM box becomes full feel free to email ro me at kingpoobah@yahoo.com and by the way Yahoo has not went live with their 2010 Fantasy Baseball Leagues and until they do, our league as a whole won't decide on a draft time until Yahoo goes online with their variety of Fantasy Baseball formats. ALSO- If you do email to me please be sure that you type in the "Subject" line something pertaining to this post of mine. Otherwise it would be considered spam and I wouldn't read it.

Thanks & Let me hear from you!

Jerry

Redsfan320
02-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Sorry, Vada Pinson Fan, I appreciate the offer, but this would be my first year of play, so definitely not ready to

commit to a keeper league. I'd be looking for a 1 yr. league only.

Thanks though.

Vada Pinson Fan
02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Not a problem RF320. You are right easing into fantasy baseball. Thanks for your reply and good luck! There's lots of public leagues (if you don't find Redszoners offering what you want) at Yahoo, CBS, ESPN, et al, so have fun. That's the main thing. :)

Jerry

Redsfan320
02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks, Jerry. I think I'll do a Yahoo! league. They've got a pretty good rep around here, and I checked out the

site myself and it looks pretty good.

redsfandan
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Well, it's up.

Joseph
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm on board and ready to get working.

Are we having keepers from the league previously, or starting from scratch this year?