PDA

View Full Version : Reds (Willy Free) Zone Fantasy Baseball League (owners still needed)

redsfandan
02-15-2009, 04:00 PM
A few days ago I setup two yahoo roto custom leagues as possibilities for people from here that were interested in a keeper/dynasty league to use. I hadn't done anything in the last few days with them cuz I wasn't sure if I'd keep either one. But in the last few days I've received notifications from yahoo that some people, presumably browsing the yahoo custom leagues, were interested in one of the leagues possibly because the settings are a little different. So I thought I'd keep that one, make it available here first, and than open it up to the general yahoo community in a couple days.

Let me preface this by pointing out that it currently is setup as an autopick draft. I've always preferred live drafts and I didn't realize that I had it setup as an autopick draft until today. I do understand that autopick drafts exist because some people prefer them so if enough people want to keep it autopick than we can do that as is the case with some of the other settings as well. Here is all the info about the league:

Scoring & Settings
League ID#: 44167
League Name: Redszone
Password: dustyisnuts
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/redszone09
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Autopick Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 30, 2009
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1400
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Monday, Mar 30
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI (corner infielder), MI(middle infielder), 4 OF, 2 DH/Util, 2 SP, 2 RP, 5 P, 8 BN, 1 DL
Offensive Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS
Pitching Stat Categories: W, K, ERA, WHIP, OBPA (on base percentage allowed), NSV(Net Saves)

elfmanvt07
02-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Ugh, do we have to use SB?

redsfandan
02-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm open to changes in some of the settings but yes steals will most likely still be one of the stats used. Sorry.

IowaRed
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm in, categories are fine although I'm used to the traditional 5x5 or 6x6. Keeper or Dynasty works as long as it's live draft and roto..........and the password is fine too. Need a few more, maybe you can mention it in the other Redszone league to see if anybody wants to get in this one as well

redsfandan
02-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Sounds great IowaRed, glad to have you join. I'll add another post here and a small one in that thread too after I change the draft and make one or two other smaller changes.

I'll switch it to a live draft in a couple hours. Probably to the afternoon of saturday march 14th. This will allow plenty of time to fill the league and for people to see what happens in the spring with players/teams. It will also allow plenty of time for owners to make any roster adjustments or preseason trades.

As far as the categories I like the idea of adding OPS to the traditional hitting categories. I'm not 100% sure about OBPA although it makes sense to me to add it so it's an even 6x6 with the traditional 5x5 categories plus one "sabre" category added on each side. Also, I may switch Net Saves back to Saves but I'm not sure that will be a big change. The only other change I've thought about is to possibly take away a couple bench spots to help make sure the draft doesn't last too long. The extra spots for a CI, MI, & 1 additional OF spot won't change although the league name will be different. If anyone has any comments/questions just let me know.

redsfandan
02-21-2009, 06:24 AM
The league name has been changed to:
Reds (Willy Free) Zone Fantasy Baseball League

Steals still count but since OPS counts too if you have him on your team than you must
REALLY be desperate for steals. (I thought about making a rule that if anyone drafted Willy that they have to let the other owners rename their team. lol) Anyway, this is all in fun and if anyone has other suggestions for a league name feel free to throw it out there.

Also, the draft will now be a live draft held on Saturday, March 14th at 3:00 pm (est).

And, the setup before would have had us going 30 rounds instead of 21 rounds like typical yahoo public leagues so I took away two of the three extra bench spots to help make sure the draft doesn't last too long.

TRF
02-27-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm in if you have a slot open. I'm going to cap myself at three teams this year.

schmidty622
03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I'll join if its alright

redsfandan
03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
That works. The more from here the better.

elfmanvt07
03-04-2009, 08:56 AM
I just registered the Wise County Wanderers this morning.

mbgrayson
03-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I am probably over-extending myself, but I registered the Mystery Reds today....

Mike

Handofdeath
03-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Brett's Bashers have enlisted.

CTA513
03-05-2009, 02:24 PM
1 spot left after I joined today.

redsfandan
03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I just replied to a yahoo notification that someone from outside RedsZone was interested. If they join we should have a full league with 9 owners from RedsZone and 3 owners that are Reds fans from outside RedsZone .

redsfandan
03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Two teams had to leave so we now have a couple open spots. We draft this Sat Mar 14 at 3:00pm EDT.

TRF
03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Ok, I can do one more team. It takes me to four, but I can commit to that many.

Can't get in. can you send me a pwd to get in?

Puffy
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I can join up

Puffy
03-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Just get me the info - cause the link up top is not working - if you still need someone else.

And IowaRed - I'm gunning for you!!

TRF
03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
same here

A league with me AND Puffy?

I fear for the rest of you. :)

mbgrayson
03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Don't see the draft order posted for today....

nm: "Order of selection will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the start of the draft."

Joseph
03-14-2009, 12:00 PM
drat I was too late in getting my thoughts towards fantasy baseball this year and I missed out.

Have fun folks.

redsfandan
02-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I received a yahoo invite from TRF to renew this league. I was thinking that this league would just be for the '09 season BUT since he sent me the invite I thought I'd see what interest there is from the other owners.