PDA

View Full Version : Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

AtomicDumpling
02-16-2009, 09:09 PM
We have started a new dynasty keeper league this year and we still need a few more players. We are looking for Redszone members to play in a competitive, friendly long-term league.

Guys like WilyMoRocks, camisadelgolf, nate, *BaseClogger*, and mbgrayson are already involved. It will be lots of fun. If you are interested just shoot me a PM and I will give you the sign-up credentials.

It is a dynasty keeper league, which means it will go on for years and you keep all your players from one year to the next. So the idea is to draft some current stars and some young prospects that will mature into future stars.

Yahoo 5x5 Roto standard settings
12 Teams
Mixed League (NL & AL players)
Dynasty Keeper league
28 roster slots
1 extra UTIL starting slot
1 extra Infield starting slot
1 extra P starting slot + 75 IP limit
Slow live draft with 12 hour limit for each pick. Draft will take about two weeks.

Most people will pick within the first couple hours of their draft turn, so there won't actually be 12 hours between every pick. Usually we get through about 1-2 full rounds per day.

I will randomize the draft order after we get everybody signed up. Waiver priority will begin as opposite of draft order.

All owners must use their RedsZone username as their team name. This makes the game more personal and familiar and encourages people to become more involved and stay that way. Otherwise it is just another anonymous Internet league.

We request a commitment from each owner to pay attention all season long and to play in future years also.

We can talk about some modifications to the structure once we get signed up. All important league decisions will be made by consensus. I am not a dictatorial commissioner.

We started AL-only and NL-only dynasty leagues last year and they were great successes. This will work the same except it is a mixed league.

redsfandan
02-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Are you sure it will only take 2 weeks if everyone has 12 hours to make a pick?

*BaseClogger*
02-17-2009, 12:00 AM

Most people don't use up their whole 12 hours. Last years draft only took a few weeks and it had the same structure...

AtomicDumpling
02-17-2009, 12:18 AM

Well, it depends on how closely people pay attention. In our leagues last year we got through the drafts in about 10-12 days if I recall correctly.

We did this in two leagues last year and it worked out really well. I think everybody was happy with the process.

You just leave the league homepage open and check it frequently. Usually there will only be about 1-2 hours between picks or often less, so you can get through a couple of rounds per day. The people at each end of the draft make two picks at a time (in a serpentine draft) so that saves time. You are expected to email the next player when you complete your turn, which lets him know immediately it is his turn to pick.

We still have about six weeks before the first official baseball game, so there is plenty of time. It spreads out the drafting fun over a long period instead of just an hour or two like most leagues. It gives you more time to ponder each pick instead of feeling rushed.

The system is not for everybody, but I like it and I think most everybody else in our leagues did also. If you like a fast draft with instant gratification then this league is not what you are looking for. But I think you would like it if you try it.

redsfandan
02-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Well it's worth a shot. I'm in.

AtomicDumpling
02-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Well it's worth a shot. I'm in.

Cool. It will be fun.

There are still 5 slots available guys.

reds77
02-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Is the league putting down any money to award the winner? And is it possible to create a more fun team name than my redszone id and maybe put (reds77) after it?

redsfandan
02-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Is the league putting down any money to award the winner?
I'm doubtful about the money but I'll let AtomicDumpling answer that one.

And is it possible to create a more fun team name than my redszone id and maybe put (reds77) after it?
reds77 is your id. Yahoo will only allow a certain amount of characters for the team name but if you are able to squeeze in something after your id I don't see why you can't. Last I checked one or two teams are like that. To attach the redszone id to the teams just makes it easier to know who owns what teams.

reds77
02-17-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm a huge baseball fan, and love fantasy sports. Money or no money, I'm interested in joining for the fun of a long-term keeper league. I'm committed for the long-run, so if possible, I'd like to join.

TRF
02-17-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm in if there is a spot available.

AtomicDumpling
02-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Is the league putting down any money to award the winner? And is it possible to create a more fun team name than my redszone id and maybe put (reds77) after it?

We are not putting any money on this league. This league is just for fun and Redszone bragging rights.

AtomicDumpling
02-17-2009, 09:10 PM
We will start up the draft very soon after we get 12 teams. There are still three slots remaining in the league.

cinredsfan2000
02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
I'd be interested in joining if you still have any spots open?

reds77
02-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm all signed in and ready for draft time.

TRF
02-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm in though I wasn't prompted for a password. When is the draft? I couldn't find the start date.

AtomicDumpling
02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
The league is now full.

I will randomize the draft order. Time for everybody to get serious about ranking the players and preparing for the draft.

Are you guys ready to go ahead and start the draft?

camisadelgolf
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm ready, personally.

AtomicDumpling
02-18-2009, 11:40 PM
OK. Here is how I am going to determine the draft order.

I found a website that will randomly generate the draft order and email it to all the team owners. This is a way to guarantee that the draft order was indeed generated randomly.

I am entering everybody's email address into the program. Your email will not be spammed. If you did not allow your email address to be seen on the Yahoo league site then you will not receive the email.

You should get the email soon.

We can go ahead and start the draft process Thursday or Friday.

If you are going to be away from the Internet for long periods during the draft please let me know ASAP. We can try to arrange a way for you to keep in contact with me or someone else in the league to make sure you get to make your picks in the allotted time.

I will write up a good set of draft rules just to make sure we don't encounter any disputes during the draft. We want to make sure it is fair.

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Here are the results of the draft randomization:

Nick has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the "Redszone Dynasty League" league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm?id=10661

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:
1 - redsfandan
2 - Atomic Dumpling
3 - camisadelgolf is #1
4 - mbgrayson
5 - WMR Ghetty Green
6 - CRF2000
7 - Gilpdawg
8 - *BaseClogger*
9 - TRF's debacle
10 - reds77
11 - Stephenk29
12 - nate

Even numbered rounds will be the reverse order.

When will you guys be ready to start? Can everybody be ready to start Thursday evening or Friday evening?

nate
02-19-2009, 12:20 AM
OMG, it's already rigged!

*BaseClogger*
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Personally, I would prefer that we wait until like next Monday or something before we begin, but it's not a big deal...

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 12:47 AM

:D I realize you are just kidding. At least I hope you are. I went the extra mile to make the draft order completely fair.

I had the last pick in the Redszone NL-only league last year and came in second. In the Redszone AL-only league I picked 2nd to last and won the league. So the draft position doesn't really have much affect on the quality of your team.

If you have the first pick you don't get another one until the 24th pick. If you have the 12th pick you also get the 13th. There are plenty of stud players available at 12 and 13.

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 03:00 AM
We are ready to start the draft. Please respond with your thoughts on the best time to start the draft. I am thinking Friday evening.

Draft rules:

1.You have 12 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 12 hours, the next player can go ahead and pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.

2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.

3. Yahoo will add players to the database after the draft has begun. Any player that is not available in the list at the time of the first pick of the draft will not be eligible to be drafted for the duration of the draft. Those players will be available on waivers after the draft. This rule is to make sure all team owners have an equal shot at all players. The commissioner will keep a list of all players ineligible to be drafted.

4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce)

5. The commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.

Please let me know if there is anything I have neglected to mention.

Please check the message board on the league website frequently for the latest information on the draft. I am also posting all information in the Redszone league thread.

You are encouraged to post frequently on the message board and the Redszone thread. Let's make this league fun and sociable this year. Trade offers and negotiations are highly encouraged as well.

Let's get this league rolling and have some fun. Baseball season is here!

camisadelgolf
02-19-2009, 03:44 AM
If it works for everyone, we could start the draft immediately, but the 12-hour clock wouldn't start until Monday or whenever.

reds77
02-19-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm ready to start ASAP.

Also, I don't really see how emailing the next owner will speed up the draft. I think it should be a given, and assumed, that we all will actively check the forum at yahoo to see if it is our pick. And to be honest, emailing the next owner is something I might be too lazy to do (have to be honest haha) or not even have the time to do (time is precious).

redsfandan
02-19-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm first? Umm ok... anyone wanna trade picks??? j/k I'll stay with the 1st pick cuz I know who I'm going to take. The same player I would've taken in the dynasty draft I was in last year if I hadn't had the crazy idea to experiment with trading picks. It did make things more interesting though. Technically we also could trade picks since we will have a message board draft so I'll leave that as a suggestion for AD and everyone else to consider.

As far as when we start I would've liked a few more days but now that I know I'll be first it doesn't really matter THAT much to me. But a few more days could be helpful to people to prep and do a couple mock drafts, especially someone like WilyMo that's new to fantasy baseball. But it's up to you guys.

On emailing the next owner my opinion from experience is that it really does help. I wouldn't expect everyone to constantly check the site so a quick email helps. It only takes a minute to email the next person through the site and just say "you're up". If everyone at least tries to do that each time, even if it's not all the time, it will help.

Also, when people make their picks it would be helpful if people made sure to list the picks in the subject heading of the post and leave the body of the post for trash talking or whatever. It's easier that way when people check the site to see who has been taken.

nate
02-19-2009, 09:26 AM
:D I realize you are just kidding. At least I hope you are. I went the extra mile to make the draft order completely fair.

Yep, just jokes!

mbgrayson
02-19-2009, 09:40 AM

The good thing about picking 12th is that you get two back to back picks, since in a snake draft you go backwards the even numbered rounds.

Hoosier Red
02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Oddly enough I'm fascinated by other people's fantasy teams, keep everyone updated so we know who's dominating the league.

*BaseClogger*
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
My preferred start date is Monday...

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
If it works for everyone, we could start the draft immediately, but the 12-hour clock wouldn't start until Monday or whenever.

I think this is the best solution.

I have heard from most of you regarding the draft. A couple people prefer to wait until Monday, but everybody else wants to start now.

So let's start drafting now. The 12-hour clock will start Monday at noon.

Redsfandan, go ahead and post your pick on the league website as soon as you are ready.

nate
02-19-2009, 12:04 PM
The good thing about picking 12th is that you get two back to back picks, since in a snake draft you go backwards the even numbered rounds.

Yep, I was just joking. I think I actually prefer a mid to late pick because of the "snaking" and getting two top 15 guys as opposed to the #1 pick and a top 20.

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Yep, I was just joking. I think I actually prefer a mid to late pick because of the "snaking" and getting two top 15 guys as opposed to the #1 pick and a top 20.

I kind of like drafting in the middle. It makes the draft itself more fun because you get to make a pick more frequently. If you are on the end you make two picks together, then you have a very long wait until your next turn.

I think the snake draft makes it very fair for everyone. Everyone has different strategies anyway, especially in a dynasty keeper league.

Good luck everybody. You're going to need it. ;)

Stephenk29
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
So do we make out selection through the yahoo page or through the email. This part is confusing me.

And I'm ok with starting right away as well.

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
So do we make out selection through the yahoo page or through the email. This part is confusing me.

And I'm ok with starting right away as well.

You post your pick on the Yahoo league page.

Then you email the player after you to let him know it is his turn to pick.

cinredsfan2000
02-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice #6 pick right in the middle:thumbup::D:beerme:

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Nice #6 pick right in the middle:thumbup::D:beerme:

Who are you going to take?

redsfandan
02-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I took Hanley Ramirez with the 1st pick. AD is up.

cinredsfan2000
02-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Willy Taveres is the only pick right?:D;)

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Willy Taveres is the only pick right?:D;)

Are you Dusty Baker or Walt Jocketty?

redsfandan
02-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Well that's two players off the board now. I wonder how many will be picked tonight. By the way, any thoughts on this:

I'm first? Umm ok... anyone wanna trade picks??? j/k I'll stay with the 1st pick cuz I know who I'm going to take. The same player I would've taken in the dynasty draft I was in last year if I hadn't had the crazy idea to experiment with trading picks. It did make things more interesting though. Technically we also could trade picks since we will have a message board draft so I'll leave that as a suggestion for AD and everyone else to consider.

*BaseClogger*
02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
If my pick comes up before Monday how long will I have to make a choice?

redsfandan
02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
i think until monday

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 10:16 PM
If my pick comes up before Monday how long will I have to make a choice?

The clock doesn't start until Monday at Noon, but we would appreciate it if you keep the draft moving when your turn comes up. It may happen tonight or early Friday.

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Well that's two players off the board now. I wonder how many will be picked tonight. By the way, any thoughts on this:Technically we also could trade picks since we will have a message board draft so I'll leave that as a suggestion for AD and everyone else to consider.

I have no problem with trading draft picks. Go for it.

By the way, you can also trade players once you have drafted them. I see no reason to wait until the draft is over. Start wheeling and dealing now if you want to.

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 10:21 PM
I drafted David Wright. Championship!

Camisadelgolf, it is your turn.

After the 1st round is completed I will be able to add the players to your teams. Yahoo won't let me do it until after the 1st round for some reason. Hopefully after that you guys can add the player to your team from the FA list when you make your pick. Until then, please make sure that the player you want to pick has not already been drafted.

redsfandan
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I have no problem with trading draft picks. Go for it.

By the way, you can also trade players once you have drafted them. I see no reason to wait until the draft is over. Start wheeling and dealing now if you want to.

That works for me.

camisadelgolf
02-19-2009, 11:26 PM
I picked and sent an email to mbgrayson. It was tough deciding between ARod and Pujols, and I already have a feeling I'll regret my pick. However, if that means more losses for the Cards, it was worth it.

AtomicDumpling
02-19-2009, 11:46 PM
I think Pujols is a great pick. Who wouldn't love to have him on their team? Want to trade him to me?

I had a hard time deciding between David Wright and Pujols at #2. I briefly considered a couple other guys.

redsfandan
02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Wright surprised me a little but if you can land a player you like a little more (whether it's Wright or Pujols) and still end up with a mvp type I wouln't regret it at all. Imo, the middle rounds (say 6-12) are where it gets a little more interesting.

mbgrayson
02-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Well, I passed on ARod too.

With pick 1.4, I took Jose Reyes. I just worried about how the 'roid thing will effect ARoid.

redsfandan
02-20-2009, 01:04 AM
One more team to pass on A-Fraud. WilyMo?

AtomicDumpling
02-20-2009, 01:38 AM
WilyMoRocks is usually online in the early morning I think.

TRF
02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
ok, forgive me for missing some instructions, but how are we picking?

Stephenk29
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
that ok, let a-roid pass all the way down to 11. I'll survive the media terror!

camisadelgolf
02-20-2009, 03:38 PM
ok, forgive me for missing some instructions, but how are we picking?
On the league page, scroll down to the messages. Just post which pick you are and the name of the player in the subject line. After that, just email the next person and tell him it's his turn.

reds77
02-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Pick #10 here..anxiously awaiting.

redsfandan
02-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I know what ya mean reds77 but I think WilyMo is new to fantasy baseball and since the 12 hour window to make a pick doesn't start til monday I'm more than willing to be patient with his pick. I mean I don't think he'll need too much longer. Right? :dunno:I'll be waiting on my next pick for awhile anyway.

Stephenk29
02-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I'd be ok with Wright at #2. That guy is a ridiculous stud. Him, Pujols and A Rod would be a tough one.

*BaseClogger*
02-21-2009, 01:31 AM
I know what ya mean reds77 but I think WilyMo is new to fantasy baseball and since the 12 hour window to make a pick doesn't start til monday I'm more than willing to be patient with his pick. I mean I don't think he'll need too much longer. Right? :dunno:I'll be waiting on my next pick for awhile anyway.

I agree. I'd rather WMR do his homework and prepare for his pick than make poor decisions...

redsfandan
02-21-2009, 06:27 AM
I agree. I'd rather WMR do his homework and prepare for his pick than make poor decisions...

That wouldn't have anything to do with your pick would it BaseClogger? ;)

By the way, I've made a couple changes to the other league (name, draft, bench). See that thread for more info if you're interested.

One more thing, all of my picks/players in THIS league are available (for the right price :D)

nate
02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
That wouldn't have anything to do with your pick would it BaseClogger? ;)

By the way, I've made a couple changes to the other league (name, draft, bench). See that thread for more info if you're interested.

One more thing, all of my picks/players in THIS league are available (for the right price :D)

Corey Patterson?

reds77
02-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Corey Patterson?

Hey, watch giving other owners ideas, they might take my guy. :p:

Stephenk29
02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Does WMR know he is up? It has been two days.

AtomicDumpling
02-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Does WMR know he is up? It has been two days.

He know it is his turn. I am not sure what is taking so long. I know he was doing some research and looking for advice.

WMR
02-21-2009, 07:04 PM
After much thought, speculation, and belly-aching by opposing owners, Ghetty Green is pleased to announce their selection of ALEX RODRIGUEZ in the RedsZone Dynasty League draft.

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/43/103143-004-1D39BA9A.jpg

All this media attention will propel the slugger to new heights of statistical illustriousness (not to mention the newest in undetectable pharmacological magic).

WMR
02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
He know it is his turn. I am not sure what is taking so long. I know he was doing some research and looking for advice.

Sorry. Billy Beane took longer than usual to return my call.

AtomicDumpling
02-21-2009, 07:21 PM
After much thought, speculation, and belly-aching by opposing owners, Ghetty Green is pleased to announce their selection of ALEX RODRIGUEZ in the RedsZone Dynasty League draft.

All this media attention will propel the slugger to new heights of statistical illustriousness (not to mention the newest in undetectable pharmacological magic).

Good choice. You've got to be happy when you can get a stud like A-Rod with the fifth pick.

CincyRedsFan2000 is on the clock...

WMR
02-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Good choice. You've got to be happy when you can get a stud like A-Rod with the fifth pick.

CincyRedsFan2000 is on the clock...

Hopefully Madonna keeps him supplied with the "good stuff."

cinredsfan2000
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
MARK TEXERIA is off the board Hopefully w/Afraud batting behind him he has a big year

gilpdawg
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Tim Lincecum is off the board.

AtomicDumpling
02-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Good picks guys. *BaseClogger* is now on the clock, then TRF will follow.

Let's try to speed this draft up guys. This is really going slowly and we have 28 rounds to get through. The 12 hour time limit starts tomorrow at noon.

reds77
02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Pick #10 here, I check the page pretty consistently so hopefully I can pick in a timely fashion. I'm not a midnight to early AM hours guy, but other than that I hope to make some timely picks.

AtomicDumpling
02-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Pick #10 here, I check the page pretty consistently so hopefully I can pick in a timely fashion. I'm not a midnight to early AM hours guy, but other than that I hope to make some timely picks.

Hopefully you will get to pick tonight and again tomorrow. Once the 12 hour clock starts tomorrow things should start to pick up. I hope.

It will be fun to see how everyone's strategies will differ in this type of dynasty league draft.

WMR
02-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Have we settled on final scoring categories?

AtomicDumpling
02-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Have we settled on final scoring categories?

Standard 5x5 stats.

AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB x W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

WMR
02-22-2009, 09:04 PM
What is "5x5"?

Also: What is "SB x W"? I get the stolen base part but what's it multiplied by?

AtomicDumpling
02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
What is "5x5"?

Also: What is "SB x W"? I get the stolen base part but what's it multiplied by?

I was just using the x to delineate between hitting and pitching stats.

5x5 means 5 hitting stats and 5 pitching stats are used.

Hitting:
Runs
Home Runs
RBIs
Stolen Bases
Batting Average

Pitching:
Wins
Saves
Strikeouts
ERA
WHIP

These are the standard settings that are used in 90+% of fantasy baseball leagues.

WMR
02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Gotcha.

Thanks AD!

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Sorry guys it's going to be a stressful week for homework. I just finished making some PivotTables in Excel. Fun stuff! :thumbup:

Back to the draft--I was very excited when I read that GRADY SIZEMORE dropped to #8...

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Sorry guys it's going to be a stressful week for homework. I just finished making some PivotTables in Excel. Fun stuff! :thumbup:

Back to the draft, I was very excited when I read that GRADY SIZEMORE dropped to #8...

Good pick.

TRF you are on the clock! I hope you have had enough time to decide who you want. :cool:

gilpdawg
02-23-2009, 05:31 AM

Back to the draft--I was very excited when I read that GRADY SIZEMORE dropped to #8...
Yeah, in a regular league he wouldn't have been, but in a dynasty I wanted a young cornerstone arm. In a regular league I would have taken Sizemore or another guy who I'm hoping people have forgot about. :)

reds77
02-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Just making sure I understand the rules correctly. Monday started at 12 midnight. We are currently on pick 9 and I pick 10th. If 12 noon comes and pick 9 hasn't made a selection, am I supposed to make my pick because my 12 hour timer starts?

WMR
02-23-2009, 10:33 AM
The twelve hour rule starts at NOON today.

TRF
02-23-2009, 10:59 AM
TRF loves pitching. Yes, in the first round. ROY HALLADAY is off the board.

reds77
02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
TRF loves pitching. Yes, in the first round. ROY HALLADAY is off the board.

I just noticed this. TRF didn't post on the yahoo site yet so I'll be making my pick on there assuming he picked Halladay.

reds77
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I took Evan Longoria at 1.10.

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Nice pick with Cabrera at #11, Stephen...

WMR
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
uh oh baseclogger is already getting up to his usual shenanigans and talking trash

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
uh oh baseclogger is already getting up to his usual shenanigans and talking trash

WMR = :owned:

You had it coming to you with that comment... :laugh:

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't know what it is but for some reason I am way more in to this dynasty league than that NL only one from last year. Watch out AtomicDumpling! :nono:

nate
02-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I went with the best Ryan(s) available: Ryan Braun and Ryan Howard.

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I went with the best Ryan(s) available: Ryan Braun and Ryan Howard.

Nice grabs! :thumbup:

reds77
02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Quick question, is the commish going to be able to update rosters as we pick or will that be done after the entire draft is concluded?

reds77
02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Just made my second round pick with Jimmy Rollins.

nate
02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
It would be kind of useful to have a "taken" list. Anyone with the technical chops to make that happen?

WMR
02-23-2009, 03:07 PM
It's not possible to remove the players who have been drafted from the player pool once or twice a day or so?

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I couldn't add the players to your team pages until the 1st round was completed. I will try to do it now. That will make it clearer who is available.

Thanks for making your selections so quickly today guys.

TRF is on the clock for his second pick.

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 03:57 PM
OK. All drafted players have been removed from the available players list and added to your team pages. When I add a player to your team it shows up on the next day's roster. So from your team page you will have to click on "Tuesday" to see your new players.

Stephenk29
02-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice pick with Cabrera at #11, Stephen...

Write this down..Cabrera is your 2009 MVP. Calling it!

redsfandan
02-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Write this down..Cabrera is your 2009 MVP. Calling it!

I can see that. His 2nd half was MUCH better than his 1st half last season.

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't know what it is but for some reason I am way more in to this dynasty league than that NL only one from last year. Watch out AtomicDumpling! :nono:

Bring it on! I owe you some payback and I intend to wreak my revenge.

Yeah, this league should be more fun because it is more personal. We are somewhat familiar with each other from interacting on Redszone.

The AL and NL only leagues are fun too though. They seem to be getting off to a slow start this year.

By the way *BaseClogger*, you are on the clock. Make it a good pick because you are going to need it. :p:

reds77
02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, the draft is moving at a great pace. I teach, and lucky for me I was able to get in my picks while monitoring a study hall haha.

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, the draft is moving at a great pace. I teach, and lucky for me I was able to get in my picks while monitoring a study hall haha.

It is very satisfying to get paid while having fun. :thumbup:

Hopefully we can continue today's fast pace. It makes the draft more exciting.

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Guys, I have been thinking about my pick for half an hour. I'll make it shortly. Thank goodness this isn't a standard draft! :)

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Am I supposed to add the players myself like last year's league?

nate
02-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Guys, I have been thinking about my pick for half an hour. I'll make it shortly. Thank goodness this isn't a standard draft! :)

Don't worry. Willy Taveras isn't a reach at this point.

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Don't worry. Willy Taveras isn't a reach at this point.

He'd rock if bunt singles was a category... :cool:

nate
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
He'd rock if bunt singles was a category... :cool:

Dude, he's gonna steal 100 bases!

redsfandan
02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
If anyone is interested in either of my next two picks (last pick of the 2nd round; 1st pick of the 3rd) just let me know and I'll respond in the early morning.

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Am I supposed to add the players myself like last year's league?

Not yet. All available players are on waivers for two days. I don't think I can change that. After that you will be able to add your own players. Until then I will have to do it for you.

*BaseClogger*
02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Not yet. All available players are on waivers for two days. I don't think I can change that. After that you will be able to add your own players. Until then I will have to do it for you.

Okay. I tried to add Beltran so do you want me to cancel the waiver claim or can you take care of it?

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay. I tried to add Beltran so do you want me to cancel the waiver claim or can you take care of it?

I added him to your team.

Gilpdawg is on the clock in round two.

AtomicDumpling
02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Can we get a moderator to change the title of this thread to "Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread" please?

I dont want people to think we still need players.

Stephenk29
02-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Same for me!

Stephenk29
02-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I can see that. His 2nd half was MUCH better than his 1st half last season.

He set career highs in several categories which included HRs and RBIs. Roto gold I tell you.

gilpdawg
02-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Josh Hamilton is off the board.

WMR
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I guess I'm allowed to make my pick now...
Ian Kinsler.

mbgrayson
02-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I will take 2008 AL MVP Dustin Pedroia as my 2nd pick.

gilpdawg
02-24-2009, 03:49 PM
So...wait, did we skip a pick due to the limit? Just trying to keep track of who's there and who's not.

redsfandan
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
So...wait, did we skip a pick due to the limit? Just trying to keep track of who's there and who's not.

Yes the 12 hour time limit for CRF2000 to make his pick expired so the next two teams made their picks. CRF2000 can step in with his pick anytime.

AtomicDumpling
02-24-2009, 04:09 PM

Yes. CRF2000 has been skipped. He does not lose his pick. He can make his 2.7 pick as soon as he logs into the league site.

If we don't have the 12-hour limit we will never get through the draft. I hate to skip people, but we all agreed to the rule before the draft. :(

camisadelgolf
02-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Atomic, you're up. I took B.J. Upton.

TRF
02-24-2009, 05:25 PM
draft.... too... slow...

*choke*

AtomicDumpling
02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
2.11 Johan Santana

Redsfandan is on the clock.

nate
02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
2.11 Johan Santana

Redsfandan is on the clock.

:(

cinredsfan2000
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
I took alfonso soriano Sorry so late w/my pick guys

*BaseClogger*
02-25-2009, 12:45 AM

I don't think the people who got to skip you mind... ;)

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2009, 01:10 AM

Sorry we had to skip you. I am glad you still got a stud player with the pick.

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Trade Announcement:

Redsfandan and Atomic Dumpling have made a trade of draft picks.

Redsfandan receives Atomic Dumpling's picks in the 5th, 6th and 14th rounds.

Atomic Dumpling receives redsfandan's picks in the 3rd, 11th and 15th rounds.

redsfandan
02-25-2009, 03:59 AM
I picked Aramis Ramirez with my 2nd round pick.

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Atomic Dumpling takes CC Sabathia with pick 3.1 and Carl Crawford with pick 3.2.

I acquired the 3.1 pick in the trade from redsfandan.

Camisadelgolf is now on the clock.

camisadelgolf
02-25-2009, 07:11 AM
I took Vlad.

nate
02-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Atomic Dumpling takes CC Sabathia with pick 3.1 and Carl Crawford with pick 3.2.

I acquired the 3.1 pick in the trade from redsfandan.

Camisadelgolf is now on the clock.

I think you skipped me.

mbgrayson
02-25-2009, 09:08 AM
3.4 Prince Fielder

mbgrayson
02-25-2009, 09:10 AM
I think you skipped me.

nate,

You get picks 3.12 and 4.1....

Mike

nate
02-25-2009, 09:16 AM
nate,

You get picks 3.12 and 4.1....

Mike

Oh, duh.

*BaseClogger*
02-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm willing to move either my 5th or 6th round pick for anyone interested...

WMR
02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0805/mlb.all.surprise.team/images/carlos-quentin.jpg

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2009, 04:48 PM
cinredsfan2000 is on the clock. Hopefully we won't have to skip him this time.

Seems like the pace of the draft is speeding up a little bit. That is good.

camisadelgolf
02-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm willing to consider any offer. Just PM me or email me if you're interested.

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Pick Team Round.pick Player
1 redsfandan 1.1 Hanley Ramirez
2 Atomic Dumpling 1.2 David Wright
3 camisadelgolf is #1 1.3 Albert Pujols
4 mbgrayson 1.4 Jose Reyes
5 WMR Ghetty Green 1.5 Alex Rodriguez
6 CRF2000 1.6 Mark Teixeira
7 gilpdawg 1.7 Tim Lincecum
8 *BaseClogger* 1.8 Grady Sizemore
9 TRF's debacle 1.9 Roy Halladay
10 reds77 1.10 Evan Longoria
11 stephenk29 1.11 Miguel Cabrera
12 nate 1.12 Ryan Braun
13 nate 2.1 Ryan Howard
14 stephenk29 2.2 Chase Utley
15 reds77 2.3 Jimmy Rollins
16 TRF's debacle 2.4 Joey Votto
17 *BaseClogger* 2.5 Carlos Beltran
18 gilpdawg 2.6 Josh Hamilton
19 CRF2000 2.7 Alfonso Soriano
20 WMR Ghetty Green 2.8 Ian Kinsler
21 mbgrayson 2.9 Dustin Pedroia
22 camisadelgolf is #1 2.10 B.J. Upton
23 Atomic Dumpling 2.11 Johan Santana
24 redsfandan 2.12 Aramis Ramirez
25 Atomic Dumpling 3.1 CC Sabathia
26 Atomic Dumpling 3.2 Carl Crawford
27 camisadelgolf is #1 3.3 Vladimir Guerrero
28 mbgrayson 3.4 Prince Fielder
29 WMR Ghetty Green 3.5 Carlos Quentin

This is our draft so far.

To those not in the league, this is a Dynasty Keeper League, so the selection strategies will differ from a standard one-season league.

WMR
02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
AD: Clear your PMs. Also: A few other people in the league have this same problem. Everyone please make sure you're capable of receiving PMs.

redsfandan
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
AD: Clear your PMs. Also: A few other people in the league have this same problem. Everyone please make sure you're capable of receiving PMs.
done

reds77
02-25-2009, 06:17 PM
CRF2000 is still up, hopefully we don't have to wait 12 hours to only see the pick skipped.

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Done. Sorry about that. Didn't realize it was full already.

Stephenk29
02-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Under an hour to go. I hope 5 picks don't explode onto the board when the 12 hour time hits! Don't want to see that happen. Feels like I'm cheating?

WMR
02-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Under an hour to go. I hope 5 picks don't explode onto the board when the 12 hour time hits! Don't want to see that happen. Feels like I'm cheating?

All's fair in love and fantasy baseball. :redface:

AtomicDumpling
02-25-2009, 10:46 PM

The 12 hour limit on the CRF2000's pick expires at 2:14 AM.

Last night he made his pick at 10:54 PM so maybe he will make his pick soon.

*BaseClogger*
02-25-2009, 10:52 PM
The 12 hour limit on the CRF2000's pick expires at 2:14 AM.

Last night he made his pick at 10:54 PM so maybe he will make his pick soon.

I'll be waiting. Anybody else? :devil:

WMR
02-25-2009, 11:03 PM
i'll be waiting. Anybody else? :devil:

toilet clogger!

Someone get the plunger

*BaseClogger*
02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
toilet clogger!

Someone get the plunger

Dude... your username's namesake is Wily Mo Pena... :lol:

WMR
02-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Dude... your username's namesake is Wily Mo Pena... :lol:

:rolleyes:

as if your reverse psychology is going to prevent me from drafting him with my next pick!!!!

NICE TRY TOILET CLOGGER!!!!!

*BaseClogger*
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Youk is off the board, Gilpdawg is up and The Basecloggers are on deck...

WMR
02-25-2009, 11:51 PM
I hope no one takes Wily Mo Pena now that BC has cleverly caused me to reveal my draft strategy! :angry:

AtomicDumpling
02-26-2009, 04:50 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT:
You can now add the player to your team after you post your draft pick on the message board.

The two day waiver period is over. So after you post your pick on the league site, go ahead and add the player from the Free Agent list to your team.

reds77
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I just made my 3.10 pick. Unlike the real Cincinnati Reds, I was able to obtain Matt Holliday. :cool:

Stephenk29
02-26-2009, 04:01 PM
I wish I could mulligan and take my pick back lol

nate
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Since we're out of Ryans, I went with Cole Hamels and Russ Martin.

*BaseClogger*
02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I wish I could mulligan and take my pick back lol

Felt the pressure of a 12 hour pick window, did ya? :p:

Stephenk29
02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
No, just may have over valued him. I hate reaching for man crushes.

reds77
02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Just made pick 4.3 to grab Jason Bay.

reds77
02-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Looks like TRF's debacle has missed his 12 hour window and *BaseClogger* is now on the clock. Hopefully, owners are not already losing interest in the league.

TRF
02-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Looks like TRF's debacle has missed his 12 hour window and *BaseClogger* is now on the clock. Hopefully, owners are not already losing interest in the league.

Left work early yesterday, sick as a dog. I made a pick, was that right to do?

reds77
02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Left work early yesterday, sick as a dog. I made a pick, was that right to do?

Eek, never fun being sick dude. Sorry to hear that. And yeah, according to the rules you can pick whenever if you missed you original 12 hour window.

*BaseClogger*
02-27-2009, 12:06 PM
You are a lucky dog, TRF. I got up early this morning (10:00 am) and I meant to get on and make my pick. Alwell, I wasn't looking at Santana anyways...

TRF
02-27-2009, 12:17 PM
So, I guess I missed my third round pick, and we are in the 4th round. can I make another pick or not?

redsfandan
02-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I have your pics as manny in round 3 and santana in 4.

TRF
02-27-2009, 12:36 PM
right!

I may have mentioned i'm sick as a dog right now.

Stephenk29
02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
I can't believe Berkman fell all the way to the mid 4th round. Mind boggling.

AtomicDumpling
02-27-2009, 03:52 PM

Yes, that is amazing. I considered him in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

He came in 5th in MVP voting last year.

In this year's Yahoo baseball drafts he is selected with the #15 pick on average.

TRF
02-27-2009, 03:57 PM

I really thought he'd make it to round 5. I can't believe Manny fell as far as he did, even with the contract stuff.

reds77
02-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Berkman is a stud, but I just don't see him stealing 18 SBs again so I passed him for two other bats who I can think can equal or even pass his output (Holliday and Bay). A great pick though for this round.

mbgrayson
02-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Willy Mo took Brian McCann at 4.8....(I was all set to take him!), so I took Joe Mauer at 4.9.

camisadelgolf
02-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I took Brian Roberts, so AtomicDumpling is up.

Stephenk29
02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
I took Brian Roberts, so AtomicDumpling is up.

:bang:

AtomicDumpling
02-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I took Matt Kemp.

Redsfandan is now on the clock. He has the next three picks. His 4.12, his 5.1 and my 5.2 from the trade.

redsfandan
02-28-2009, 08:58 PM
And my picks were...

4.12 Alexei Ramirez
5.1 Chris Davis
5.2 Matt Wieters

Surprisingly, I haven't had kool-aid in years. :D

camisadelgolf
02-28-2009, 09:00 PM
And my picks were...

4.12 Alexei Ramirez
5.1 Chris Davis
5.2 Matt Wieters

Surprisingly, I haven't had kool-aid in years. :D

Ramirez and Wieters were the two guys I wanted. :censored:

redsfandan
02-28-2009, 09:01 PM
sorry man :lol:

camisadelgolf
02-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I hate taking Cubs, but I had to go with Geovany Soto. mbgrayson is up.

redsfandan
02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
And that probably ends the run on catchers for at least a little while.

mbgrayson
02-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I took Jay Bruce with pick 5.4.

gilpdawg
03-01-2009, 02:50 AM
If Bruce made it to me he would have been my next pick. :(

WMR
03-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Jonathan Papelbon

Stephenk29
03-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Dumpling,

Could you post the previous picks like you did earlier? I've been writing them down but I want to be sure I didn't miss anyones.

redsfandan
03-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm here so hope this helps:

Round 1
1.redsfandan Hanley Ramirez
2.Atomic Dumpling David Wright
3.camisadelgolf is #1 Albert Pujols
4.mbgrayson Jose Reyes
5.WMR Ghetty Green A-Rod
6.CRF2000 Texeria
7.Gilpdawg Lincecum
8.*BaseClogger* Sizemore
9.TRF's debacle Roy Halladay
10.reds77 Evan Longoria
11.Stephenk29 Miquel Cabrera
12.nate Ryan Bruan

Round 2
13.nate Ryan Howard
14.Stephenk29 Chase Utley
15.reds77 Jimmy Rollins
16.TRF's debacle Joey Votto
17.*BaseClogger* Beltran
18.Gilpdawg Josh Hamilton
19.CRF2000 Alfonso Soriano (actually picked 21st; expired time limit)
20.WMR Ghetty Green Ian Kinsler
21.mbgrayson Dustin Pedroia
22.camisadelgolf is #1 BJ Upton
23.Atomic Dumpling Johan Santana
24.redsfandan Aramis Ramirez

Round 3
25.Atomic Dumpling CC Sabathia (pick via trade w/redsfandan)
26.Atomic Dumpling Carl Crawford
27.camisadelgolf is #1 Vladimir Guerrero
28.mbgrayson Prince Fielder
29.WMR Ghetty Green Carlos Quentin
30.CRF2000 Kevin Youkilis
31.Gilpdawg Brandon Webb
32.*BaseClogger* Carlos Lee
33.TRF's debacle Manny Ramirez
34.reds77 Matt Holliday
35.Stephenk29 Nick Markakis
36.nate Cole Hamels

Round 4
37.nate 1 Russ Martin
38.Stephenk29 Justin Morneau
39.reds77 Jason Bay
40.TRF's debacle Ervin Santana
41.*BaseClogger* David Ortiz
42.Gilpdawg Lance Berkman
43.CRF2000 B.Phillips
44.WMR Ghetty Green Brian McCann
45.mbgrayson Joe Mauer
46.camisadelgolf is #1 Brian Roberts
47.Atomic Dumpling Matt Kemp
48.redsfandan Alexei Ramirez

Round 5
49.redsfandan Chris Davis
50.redsfandan Matt Wieters (pick via trade w/Atomic Dumpling)
51.camisadelgolf is #1 Geovany Soto
52.mbgrayson Jay Bruce
53.WMR Ghetty Green Jonathan Papelbon
54.CRF2000
55.Gilpdawg
56.*BaseClogger*
57.TRF's debacle
58.reds77
59.Stephenk29
60.nate

Stephenk29
03-01-2009, 02:14 PM
thank you sir.

AtomicDumpling
03-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Does anybody have any suggestions for speeding up the draft?

We all need to make an effort to check the site more frequently.

This draft is going at a much slower pace than our drafts last year. We need to pick up the pace or we won't be ready for Opening Day.

Should we reduce the 12-hour time limit? 10 hours? 8 hours?

In the late rounds (18-29) maybe we could pick 2 players at a time?

I don't want to be pushy, but we have been drafting for 10 days and we are still in the 5th round. We need to get through at least one full round per day. Do you agree?

If you have any suggestions post them here so we can discuss them.

*BaseClogger*
03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
It's only taking longer because last year's leagues only had 8 teams silly. :)

I'd be fine with an 8 hour limit but I think the picks that can be made after it should be limited. Say I don't make my pick before the 8 hour limit is reached, the next team can skip me and pick, but the next team after that can't pick until it has been 9 hours, then 10 hours, and so on. What do you think?

camisadelgolf
03-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I think we could start with an 8-hour time limit. If that's a problem for someone, he should just email a list of who he wants to someone else in the league.

camisadelgolf
03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
It's only taking longer because last year's leagues only had 8 teams silly. :)

I'd be fine with an 8 hour limit but I think the picks that can be made after it should be limited. Say I don't make my pick before the 8 hour limit is reached, the next team can skip me and pick, but the next team after that can't pick until it has been 9 hours, then 10 hours, and so on. What do you think?
I like the idea, but I think it's a little complicated, especially for RedsZoners. :p:

AtomicDumpling
03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Yes its true we only had 10 teams in last year's leagues, but we got through 28 rounds in three weeks.

Camisadelgolf's idea is a good one: If you know you will be away from your computer for a long time you can email me (or someone else in the league) a short list of players. Then when your turn comes up I can take the top player off your list and add him to your team. Then the draft can roll on.

Here is another option. If you are going to be away from your computer and your turn is coming up, send me a note via PM or email with your cell phone number. I will call or text you when it is your turn to let you know who is available so you can make your pick over the phone. Just an option that may work for some people.

redsfandan
03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I wonder if everyone could be on the site at the same time for an hour once or twice. If we CAN than we could just head on over to the Redszone chat to knock out some rounds. If everyone is limited to 1 minute per pick we would have AT LEAST 5 rounds done in one hour, 10 rounds in 2 hours, etc. That's the minimum. It would probably be more like 15+ rounds done in 2 hours. Obviously, the problem would be finding an hour or two that everyone could be on at the same time but we do have a month. I'd be willing to head into work late if it would help.

mbgrayson
03-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I think we should have an incentive for using less time. For example, if you have the least time on the clock, you would get the first waiver pick....or something like that.

AtomicDumpling
03-01-2009, 06:57 PM
I think we should have an incentive for using less time. For example, if you have the least time on the clock, you would get the first waiver pick....or something like that.

Interesting idea.

Cinredsfan2000 barely beat the 12-hour window so...

Gilpdawg is now on the clock.

*BaseClogger*
03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Two picks so far today! :thumbdown

cinredsfan2000
03-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Jacoby Ellsbury now off the board was a toss up between him and Ichiro:bash:

AtomicDumpling
03-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Jacoby Ellsbury now off the board was a toss up between him and Ichiro:bash:

Sounds like TRF is a bit upset with you for snagging Ellsbury before he could. A trade perhaps?

gilpdawg
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
I just snagged Alex Rios.

*BaseClogger*
03-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Ichiro is finally off the board...

reds77
03-01-2009, 11:25 PM
FYI, I pick after TRF and I am off to bed. I won't make pick 5.10 until 7 AM the earliest, so if you're after me don't wait up.

*BaseClogger*
03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't think TRF is much of a night owl anyways...

mbgrayson
03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
'TRF's debacle' took Ryan Ludwick at pick 5.9

reds77 is on the clock....

TRF
03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't think TRF is much of a night owl anyways...

In bed by 11:00 central time usually.

being old sucks.

But the wife hogged the computer for her math class.

Stephenk29
03-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I took McLouth, nate is up

nate
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Larry and the Donkey!

Next!

*BaseClogger*
03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Only a member of Dunn's Tabernacle Choir would draft Adam Dunn at the beginning of the sixth round! :laugh:

nate
03-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Only a member of Dunn's Tabernacle Choir would draft Adam Dunn at the beginning of the sixth round! :laugh:

Only an anti-Dunnite would try and get him in the 8th!

:cool:

Stephenk29
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Have fun with that 225 average!

*BaseClogger*
03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
TRF is on the clock, followed by me...

TRF
03-02-2009, 10:19 PM
TRF is on the clock, followed by me...
You are up.

*BaseClogger*
03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Haren and Peavy are off the board. Gilpdawg is up...

gilpdawg
03-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Everybody keeps taking the guy I want two or three picks before my turn. I wanted Uggla. Curtis Granderson is taken.

*BaseClogger*
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Good effort today guys, we almost got through an entire round! ;)

gilpdawg
03-03-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm working 3-11 pm for the next month or so, so if I think my turn is going to come up in the early part of my shift, I'll PM you a wish list so we can keep it going. I will always check the site before I go in and right when I get home, though.

AtomicDumpling
03-03-2009, 04:19 AM
I'm working 3-11 pm for the next month or so, so if I think my turn is going to come up in the early part of my shift, I'll PM you a wish list so we can keep it going. I will always check the site before I go in and right when I get home, though.

Awesome. Sounds like a good plan. Another option is to send me your cell number so I can text you the draft updates when it is your turn.

nate
03-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Have fun with that 225 average!

I'll have more fun with the 40 HR.

mbgrayson
03-03-2009, 01:34 PM
CRF2000 went past his 12 hours, so WillyMo took Francisco Liriano with pick 6.8, and I took Corey Hart with pick 6.9.

'camisadelgolf is #1' is on the clock.

Stephenk29
03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I took Corey Hart with pick 6.9.

Nice pick

camisadelgolf
03-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I went with Francisco Rodriguez. AtomicDumpling is up.

cinredsfan2000
03-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Hunter Pence is off the board . Now i have to actually start thinking about picks the No brainers look to be gone .

AtomicDumpling
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
The 6.11 pick is now up. It would have been my pick but I traded it to redsfandan earlier in the draft.

Redsfandan is now on the clock for three consecutive picks (6.11, 6.12, 7.1).

TRF
03-03-2009, 03:26 PM
trading picks is so NFL....

pheh.

AtomicDumpling
03-03-2009, 04:32 PM
trading picks is so NFL....

pheh.

Yeah. You can trade picks in the NFL and the NBA, but you can't do it in MLB. I am not sure what reasoning is behind that.

TRF
03-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah. You can trade picks in the NFL and the NBA, but you can't do it in MLB. I am not sure what reasoning is behind that.

woy would know i bet.

redsfandan
03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
6.11 Magglio Ordˇ˝ez
6.12 Yovani Gallardo
7.1 Joba Chamberlain

Atomic Dumpling is now up

redsfandan
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM

I'm not 100% positive but I think, iirc, it is a somewhat complicated reason that involves the MLB labor contract.

nate
03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
6.11 Magglio Ordˇ˝ez
6.12 Yovani Gallardo
7.1 Joba Chamberlain

Atomic Dumpling is now up

Nice...

...use of the extended ASCII character set.

redsfandan
03-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice...

...use of the extended ASCII character set.

huh? i did wha?? :dunno: :p:

seriously, i just threw some names out there. hope they work.

camisadelgolf
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
huh? i did wha?? :dunno: :p:

seriously, i just threw some names out there. hope they work.
It's because you used the special characters when typing Mags' name.

AtomicDumpling
03-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Victor Martinez is off the board. He better stay healthy this year. If he does -- Championship! :D

Camisadelgolf is now on the clock. I hope I just took the guy you wanted.

WMR
03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
It's because you used the special characters when typing Mags' name.

The tongue smiley indicated he knew what he was referring to and was just being facetious. :D

redsfandan
03-03-2009, 07:58 PM
The tongue smiley indicated he knew what he was referring to and was just being facetious. :D

man i wish that was the case. :lol: :rolleyes:

camisadelgolf
03-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm the king of facetiousness.

camisadelgolf
03-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Victor Martinez is off the board. He better stay healthy this year. If he does -- Championship! :D

I considered him, but I already have a catcher and a first baseman, so I went with Stephen Drew at shortstop. mbgrayson is on the clock.

mbgrayson
03-03-2009, 08:44 PM
I took Chad Billigsley with pick 7.4.

WillyMo is up...

Stephenk29
03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
There have been a lot of picks the past two days. I dig.

*BaseClogger*
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM

:angry:

I was all set on taking him, as I usually don't draft pitchers early, but I just couldn't let Peavy go with my pick. I was hoping by some stroke of luck he'd make it back... :(

WMR
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Troy Tulowitzki

reds77
03-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Not to single anyone out, but CRF2000 seems to be missing his 12 hour window to draft and that is what slows us down- maybe the time limit should be less than 12 hours?

redsfandan
03-04-2009, 08:02 AM
True he has missed a couple of his picks but I wouldn't put it all on him. He isn't the only one that has taken awhile on a pick. It happens but fortunately the draft pace has picked up lately. Hopefully he and AtomicDumpling can work it out.

Fwiw, yahoo added a feature last year where you can invite a friend or colleague to be co-manager of your team. From your team page you just click on Edit Team Settings and than scroll down to Co-Manager Settings. So, I guess that could be another option for people. If you're busy alot you could just add a co-manager to help out as a joint owner/partner. Could make it more fun too. Just a thought.

*BaseClogger*
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
So, it has been almost 15 hours since the last pick and gilpdawg hasn't skipped. Hypothetically, if gilpdawg didn't jump in the next 9 hours would that mean I could pick?

mbgrayson
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
So, it has been almost 15 hours since the last pick and gilpdawg hasn't skipped. Hypothetically, if gilpdawg didn't jump in the next 9 hours would that mean I could pick?

I would think so.....

gilpdawg
03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
That ain't happening brother. I just picked. :D

*BaseClogger*
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Sorry for the delay fellas. I was lazy and had no backup plan for Garrett Atkins...

TRF
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Furcal is gone... NEXT?

AtomicDumpling
03-04-2009, 04:58 PM

Yes. :thumbup:

reds77
03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Just grabbed Derrek Lee at pick 7.10.

cinredsfan2000
03-04-2009, 06:03 PM
M.Young gone :help: